test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    Eli: not to sound like the a** I am... But it's a lot easier for you to say that seeing as one of my grandparents works at the academy as a groundskeeper, and dad's side of the family has been in the ground for over a millennia. It seems easier to step out of that shadow or the shadow of a dead king like Dad, then it does to step out of the shadow of two of Starfleet's greatest. You have no idea what it's like....
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Krystal: You're right. I don't. But the fact remains, YOU decide your path. No one can dictate that for you. Is it hard? Probably. But... who said it was going to be easy?

When mom took over as groundskeepr... she had big shoes to fill. Boothby was a man who gave advice to cadets who would become some of the greatest Captains. I guess the role of Groundskeeper kinda became a bit of a counselor as well. Someone a Cadet could talk to without bias or anything.

Family connections or not... don't be afraid to ask for advice. And don't worry so much about how others see you just because your mother's a hero. Just because she saved the galaxy doesn't mean you're expected to, or expected to know what to do at all times. That's on them for thinking that. That's their mistake. Because you are you. Not your mother. Not your father. You may have traits inherited from them, but you are not them. You are your own individual who is just trying to find his way in the universe.

And if she's anything like me... she's making it up as she goes most of the time anyways. I sure as hell don't know what to do all the time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Reashe: I guess you probably haven't been to a lot of different environments outside of your armor huh? *She sits down, continuing to scritch behind Kenzie's ears*

Rax: I might work on fiddling with equipment, working on improving or just testing out modifications. Maybe play a game on a datapad.

Janri: *She nods* I'm also worried about Nexa. I know she's "safe" now, from everything that's chased her all her life, but what we went through.. what she went through... I'm worried how its affecting her. I haven't really sat down and talked with her about it because I'm not sure where to begin. I don't want Nexa to blame herself for the suffering I've endured for her, or that others have felt for her sake. I... *She sighs* I also know she's "changed" somehow since we came back. She said she's whole again, and I have some idea what that means. But I don't know what it really means. She's still my daughter I know that much, nothing can change that. But I wish I could help her and Val more with what they're going through.

Samaia: Maybe we could find a museum on the grounds? They might have something for the history of the place we could look into. *She looks around for a map, looking for the public areas of the academy that they can visit* Its a nice garden atleast, beautiful view into the distance.

Henha: *She lets out a chuckle* Well, maybe someone found the mention of them too good a chance to pass up? *She looks around with a bit of a pout* As long as we don't have to do anything weird like play life sized 3d chess for the fate of a species.... *She shakes her head* I think a Q is having a harmless bit of fun. Mostly.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,892 Arc User
    kenzie: no not really.... it'll be an interesting experience. How long til we get there?

Lythe: this would be a topic broached sooner rather then later with both of them. Tho valendria will require a deft touch as her mental state is fragile. I cannot tell nexas current state of mind but I would guess it is not well either given all she’s been thru both past and present. To my understanding this was not the first time that cult went after her, in fact I’ve seen two other incarnations of her during my time in that hellscape.

Jaessa: hmm. Either a museum or an archive would be nice, if only for the sake of getting up to speed on what ever is going on in this galaxy *she says following Samaria as she looks around* I suppose it is a nice view too.

Evelynn: oh, so you don’t age? Well mother is ancient and jaessa is over 5000 years old. I’m sure that Jorin and I will be the same.

Jaessa: *looks behind her to donovan* you can consider cerys a bit of a black widow. My father died when I was young and I guess Jorin never really knew who his father was.

Evelynn: my father was the first one she let close but he died of a rare genetic disease a few years after I was born….

Jaessa: so yeah involuntary black widow. Her love life has been practically non existent after I was born and I doubt it’ll change much.

Cerys: chess dictating the fate of a species…. What happens if they lose? Is this species simply disposed of? *she sounds confused*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Seku: Have fun. If Freeman is actually force sensitive I can give him actual saber training without Kobanu throwing a fit!

Freeman: Wait... wut....

Seku: *mischievous giggling*

Eli: Hearing it like that is both calming and slightly infuriating. People absolutely do expect me to be both of you. If someone needs to walk into some radiation filled chamber, they expect me to without any hesitation. Cause they know I will come back like dad. Doesn't matter how painful it is. I gotta because if I don't I'm a coward who lets good men die for him. Same thing is expected of Briana and my other siblings. What does it matter that I'm a doctor that knows absolutely nothing about engineering? I studied medicine and law, not Warp Field Dynamics and Maintenance. and Regarding you being able to make stuff up as you go... You're good at that at least! People absolutely expect me to be able to do what you do. Maybe not save the world but they expect me to be just like you *he sighs* I know it may not seem like it with how much I'm crossing swords on these matters, but this is honestly helping talking about it. I don't wanna bother my real mom or dad over this.... So the Version of my mom that adopted my sister works perfectly.... I just Thought I'd let you know that this is helping before you start to stress out. I'm told that is a big issue for you over my mom....

Donovan: I'm sorry about your dad, Kiddo.... As for your mom... I love her, so if she does want to let me close, I promise to take good care of her. I'm more than ageless, so hopefully such a streak ends with me. I get it if you don't want me with her though. there's been a lot of loss and risking more is unnecessary stress... Let's find a museum cause I should be better educated about this place too
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Krystal: I understand. Sometimes we all need a good vent. As for me being more stressed... well... different events. I've always been a more "hands on" type of Captain. I don't like sitting back and letting others take risks for me. I just... that's not me. I'm not the armchair commander. I never have been. So when people start trying to protect me like I'm fragile I tend to get frustrated. And then the whole thing with the Reapers... that was another can of worms.

Just because I'm an Admiral doesn't mean I instantly can't fight anymore. Does that make me a bit more "reckless"? Maybe. But seeing someone like me willing to share the risk can help people. I'm not some high and mighty admiral. Hell I rarely draw upon the various titles I've collected over the years. I still see myself as a Captain when I'm on the Bridge. Only time I feel like an Admiral honestly is in a fleet or sitting at my desk at K-13.

As for the wanting you to be an engineer when you're not... point that out to them. They should have the proper equipment anyways. Sending you in there without proper equipment or training is a failure on their part. They're looking for the easy way out, but they're violating regulations to do it. To quote an old Country Doctor, "You're a doctor, not an Engineer". And you tell your siblings that too. Don't let them abuse your abilities because it makes their lives easier.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Reashe: Maybe a day or two? I'm not sure how close Ilum actually is...

Rax: I think I might build one myself... but I feel like I should wait for something. I've got this nagging feeling I'm not quite ready yet.

Janri: I think she can remember what the other hers also felt. All that trauma... what her other mother did to her... *She rubs her arm shuddering* They both have a lot weighing on them... atleast now they can rest. Safe. Maybe in the morning I'll try talking to them about what's been happening and has happened.

Samaia: *Because I think there actually is a museum for early federation stuff somewhere on the campus (I think the NX enterprise is in it, unless I'm thinking of a different museum) she leads the way following the map until they arrive, taking a look around.* My mother was also a widow, but she never remarried. Our father died before I could form memories, me and my sister, so I never knew much about him. Mother never really spoke of him either, which I did find curious, but I consider it a rather moot interest all things considered. *Jaessa would know what she means*

That's a rather small ship considering most of the federation vessels I've seen. They don't make many that small nowadays. Maybe they have a guided tour?

Henha: Well its hard to say. *She scratches at her chin* I can't think of any times that a species has failed... but considering their abilities, its certainly possible its happened, though its supposed to be against their laws to do it. Humanity had a few tests placed upon it by Q, a specific Q in fact. If I remember right, the first one would've resulted in Humanity being restricted in how far they could travel... maybe by death? The records are fuzzy and its hard to tell because humanity succeeded.
    kenzie: i guess i got this winterized stuff to early then. ive got no idea how fast slipspace is here. i guess we might as well rest or something... i cant really think of anything else to do.

lythe: val will require tact. but i believe it would be ok for nexa.

evelynn: well i think you're ok. jaessa is just jealous cause she's too big for shoulder riding.

jaessa: *looks like she was going to say something to samaia before getting blindsided by evelynns comment looking over and crossing her arms* i am not....

evelynn: ok then why dont you give it a try? *she says with a mischievous grin as she hops off donovans shoulders gracefully floating down next to him* sorry to put you on the spot but do you think you can lift jaessa on your shoulders? *she says looking up at donovan*

jaessa: you're joking? i am a lord of the sith i will not suffer....such..... *she trails off looking at evelynn who looks down with drooped ears. she lets out a sigh* alright fine..... *her expression softens* but just this once.... if you're willing to indulge the child. *she says looking over at donovan with heavy embarrassment*

evelynn: i just wanted you to have fun is all. *she shuffles over to samaia* can i ride on your shoulders?

cerys: so they're more mischievous then they are malicious.... there is something like that back home but it would rather sadistically mess with mortals rather then play simple pranks and joke on them. still these Q are strange. all that power and they simply keep to themselves most of the time? speaking of which *she looks at the drink in her hand* is this safe to drink? honestly i dont know what it is... *she says giving it a curious sniff*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Seku: you're welcome to watch the training from a true duelist. The best the galaxy has ever seen in fact.

Eli: usually when the ship is 10 minutes from blowing up, there aren't a whole lot of spare moments to consider that... I have opinions on the other stuff you said but I'll keep that to myself... Well I said all that... Any questions or comments so far?

Donvan: sure. I don't see the harm in it. I wouldn't say she's too big though. I'm full of surprises. *He grins and kneels down to make it easier.
    Krystal: Not really. Mostly just enjoying a chance to relax. I have a feeling I'm not going to be getting much down time as things progress with the Hur'q.
    Reashe: A cat nap? *she smiles a little teasingly before nodding* We use hyperdrive here it can be really fast depending on the ship, but its very dangerous to go off of the hyperlanes. See, we could technically just fly in a straight line from one planet to another, but gravity wells knock ships out of hyperspace, and it can be pretty dangerous. Routes usually have been mapped pretty well though, so as long as you're not trying to get some obscure place then you're fine. As long as you use a mapped route it's as safe as can be. *she starts to lead Kenzie back to their room*

Rax: The best huh? I haven't watched too many duels up close, so watching you two spar might be good for me since I need to find a style for myself.

Janri: What about you? My tall stalwart friend? How have you been handling everything? *she looks back to Lythe* I'm worried about your condition too, if you're hiding any trauma or other feelings.

Samaia: Of course Evelynn. *she smiles and moves down to lift her up onto her shoulders, suppressing a giggle at what Jaessa is about to do, not wanting to make her feel humiliated, but she's definitely watching with amusement*

Henha: They're "mostly harmless" as some might say. *she looks at the drink* Its most likely just a plain martini or something sweet like that, I doubt they'd give you something bad. *she does eye it for a moment, scanning for any toxins* It should be safe to consume.
    edited September 2022
    kenzie: very funny.. *she says following* it doesnt seem too different but then again slipspace is basically just point and go. i dunno how they work tho but ive seen a jump drive turned into a bomb before. cause a critical reaction in the core and boom half your ship gets teleported away crippling it instantly. only downside is the drives are expensive and using one as a bomb leaves yer ship with no FTL. its only been done once that i can think of.

*jorins tank shows an increase in subconscious brain activity and REM as if she’s stuck in a dream like state*

lythe: you need'nt worry i am fine. emotions are not a very important aspect of eldar society since overindulgence lead to the birth of a chaos god and the slow extinction of my race but those are problems i no longer worry about since i am here now. the only thing i wonder is what i will do with my time... i havent yet decided.

jaessa: *lets out an agitated grunt as she sits on donovans shoulders. she crosses her arms with a very annoyed expression* i cant believe im doing this.....

evelynn: *climbs on samaia's shoulders* its fun isnt it? come on lighten up.

jaessa: *her ears fold down in embarrassment* i look and feel like a foolish child.....

evelynn: im having fun. *she says with a shrug* its not that bad. and who cares what others think. if they think you look stupid thats on them, they just dont have the courage to try.

cerys: what is a martini? *she says cocking her head to one side while looking at the glass curiously*
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    Seku: Got a place to train

Freeman: The cargobay may work.

Seku: The Cargobay. Really going for the old Maw memories, aren't ya?

Freeman: *he stands* where is the maw anyways?

Eli: Who knows..... I dunno I just guess i wanted to be asked things.... just... something to talk about. anything. please mom.

Donovan: *stands, lifting jaessa on his shoulders with ease, elevating her up* How's the view up there? even if you feel stupid, who care's if you're having fun?
    Krystal: I... kinda don't know what to ask. And with the added layer of events that haven't happened yet, even if they may not play out the same...

Maybe I'm being overly cautious. I don't know.

So... whatever crosses your mind I suppose works.
    Eli: ask something about me. I will do my best to shut up about future events but just ask about me. my family. anything. Cause I will lose this thread of conversation and we'll be here in awkward silence...
    Krystal: *laughs* Now that does sound a bit like me.
    I think I've already asked about your parents before. And I think my counterpart isn't Joined.
    So... any siblings I don't know about?
    Eli: well there's me and Briana you know about. Bri is the second oldest technically. the oldest is her twin, Alexandria... or Lexi.... then there is the youngest, Ezri.... I'm not sure if Romani counts but she's basically like an adopted sister... older than Bri and Lexi by a few months... But yeah... That's all so far... I think there may be more in the future... you and dad wanted to wait until we were old enough to leave home.
    Krystal: I have an Ezri myself. Little troublemaker of a werefox. Her brother... things got complicated with time travel and all that.
    (Also the forum censor hates his name for some dumb reason, hence why he hasn't been around)
    Eli: What happened with her brother exactly?
    Reashe: I think you can do something similar with a hyperdrive but... it'd be more like a conventional bomb. There might be an instance of something similar happening, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. I can see why it would be a rarity to intentionally do something like that. *She wiggles her hips when they arrive, looking thoughtful*

Rax: As long as we don't accidentally cut a hole in something important... *He gets up to follow, leaving his helmet behind for the moment*

*Clea stays on watch by Jorin's tank, occassionally taking a peak with her one eye at her making sure she's remaining stable*

Janri: Overindulgence or not, I still worry that you're repressing them... just be careful if there is anything bothering you, you don't want it to boil over later on. *She rubs the back of her neck* If you're looking for something to do, Starfleet is always an option, or you could join Nexa's crew, I'm sure she'd be happy to have you. I myself am probably going to stay on her ship... there's nothing left for me back at my home. Atleast here I have my family. *she smiles solemnly*

Samaia: Oh you look adorable love, come on, maybe checking out a display or two will help take your mind off things.

Henha: Its an alcoholic beverage. One of the nicer ones in my experience, though they can vary wildly in taste, the usual is a lot... sweeter than a lot of other alcohol.
    kenzie: is it as expensive to make a bomb out of a hyperdrive? *she says taking off her hat, cloak and coat* whats on your mind?

lythe: i am fine truly, eldar have no need of suppression we simply control our own emotions for the survival of our species, the closest to how my society works in a way that would make sense is... we are some what like vulcans but replace the strict adherence to logic with the Ai'elethra, or in basic the eldar path. think of it like a rigid code that all eldar of every craftworld follow with complete focus. it is so when our mortal bodies perish our souls are not claimed by the chaos god the ancient aeldari unintentionally created. my people have incredibly strong emotions tied to our natural psychic abilities so controlling them rather then suppressing is the only option.

jaessa: *lets out a sigh as she heavily blushes tho its hard to tell with her crimson skin. behind her tail sways happily betraying her outward look of angst and embarrassment* i do feel stupid.... for going thru with this.....

evelyn: i bet jorin would be up for this sort of stuff and hes as dense as a bulkhead.

jaessa: lets just look at the displays....

evelynn: oh i wanna get a picture of us in front of that big ship thing!

jaessa: absolutely not!

evelynn: i just wanted to have a memento from today..... *her ears droop as she looks down*

cerys: oh... did you want it? i dont think its a wise choice to impair myself with how potent my force abilities are..... ive also never drank before.....
    Krystal: Temporal anomaly dropped him on another planet with children. I'd eventually meet up with him again, but before I was a mother. Was kinda awkward discovering this young man was half Trill, and that... he was my son.
    Freeman: we should be fine..... I just realized i gave jakara the saber I took

Seku: where did you get a saber from

Freeman: I killed a sith acolyte and took it as a prize.

Seku: You what?

Eli: So meeting me must be awkward. let alone Briana.... anways... Funny how you have your own Ezri here too.. guess you like the name a lot.....

Donovan: C'mon. let the kid get a picture. I'm sure you'd wanna remember this trip as much as she does.
    Krystal: *smiles* Yea I do. Although I have a feeling my Ezri is different from yours. Mine's a brunette werefox, really good at getting around. Probably knows the Jefferies Tubes better than the Engineers.
    Reashe: Just thinking of history stuff and other things. *she hugs Kenzie from the side* Depends on the size of the hyperdrive, one for a ship the size of a star destroyer is gonna be more expensive than one for a ship the size of this one. It'd still be pretty expensive when baradium is around, but if you were sabotaging a ship it might be a good target.

Rax: I think you did that cause Jorin was saying it was better to build your own? Or I might be misremembering.

Janri: I can relate to that last bit to an extent. When my emotions get out of hand everything starts to freeze around me... but I don't think it's gotten to dangerous levels yet, and I've been working on my control with my training.

Samaia: Come Jaessa, surely a personal picture for us couldn't hurt and it would make Evelynn happy. *she smiles to her, hoping to convince her it's alright, and it would be a nice way to remember this trip*

Henha: I don't think a martini would hurt, unless it was made with something hard. But if you'd rather not risk it I'll take it. My species processes alcohol better than most because of our circulatory system. *she offers her hand in case Cerys decides against it*
    kenzie: same is true of UNSC vessels. jump drives are a lot different on a marathon class heavy cruiser compared to a paris class frigate.

lythe: some control will come with age. as i understand you are now unaging. you will even outlast my already immense lifespan. have you had much time to come to terms with this?

jaessa: alright alright fine...

evelynn: yay! *she says taking out her data pad ushering samaia to move next to donovan*

cerys: i would rather not... i dont think its wise. *she says handing the drink to henha*
    Freeman: no I'm building my own because... I want to. H-.. She's making me get my own crystal instead of purifying the sith's crystal.

Seku: I don't think you have it in you to purify a crystal anyways. Kobanu would probably do it for you. But I agree, getting your own crystal is a rite of passage... What colour do you think you'll get? White like your little brother?

Freeman: maybe.

Eli: ours is black haired like Dad... I think she's the only one of all of us to get his hair colour. The rest of us take after you in that regard. Personality wise she seems about the same I'd say from the way you put it... Just minus the werefox part *he adds, sounding a bit bitter* anyways... What else...

Donovan: *turns and poses* so.. wait where's the camera?..
    Krystal: Something wrong?
    Eli: what do you mean?
    Krystal: Seems like you're not happy about something.