test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: No. Just... being a mom I guess.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Eli: Oh... Well thank you... She should be here soon.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Clea: Hope you're feeling better Auntie, we're finally here.

Reashe: I think for most of us our knowledge is a bit on the low side. Clea and Seku are probably the most familiar with it. *When they come out of their room Clea is already opening up the Bacta tank, before waving to them to come help her*

*Rax goes and knocks on the cockpit before coming in*

Samaia: I'll take a lemonade, *she looks to Jaessa* If you haven't tried soft drinks they're pretty good, but lemonade is pretty easy going.

Henha: *She checks the menu looking for a few "standard" meals. Well, do you like meats, veggies or fruits? I guess its probably been a long time since you had some for enjoyment. We could go with a plain burger... but maybe something like shephard's pie would be a better or a stew. There's... a lot of culinary dishes to consider, and I'm just thinking of human dishes for the most part.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    kenzie: *helps pull jorin out of the tank* we really need a medic or something cause i dont know how this stuff works... is she just ganna walk it off or what?

jorin: i can walk... im fine. *she says standing up*

kenzie: well lets get you some clothes then.

jaessa: i will have that then.

*the stand cook nods gets everyone their food*

cerys: soup or stew sounds fine, i will defer to your experience on which ever one.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Freeman: *he does not stir, just continues to sleep*

Seku: *sitting at the Astronavigation computer* anyone ever tell you this stuff seems amazing? The screens you can touch to use but still having all the right buttons, switches, and ports... Freeman won't tell me about it. I've never seen stuff this.... Advanced... Like the only thing I've seen like it are the ones on Freeman's vambraces. I thought it was some weird niche that only worked in smaller devices, not... These....

Eli: if there's anything you need to ask before she gets down here now would be the best time

Donovan: *munches on his Hotdog once receiving it whilst looking to the others*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Krystal: I'm a visitor here. I literally know nothing.
    Deunan: *comes in* Oh... I... uh... Hi Krystal. I didn't know you were visiting.
    Krystal: Uh...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Eli: Its more complicated than that, love. She's from the Universe where Briana, Romani and now even me are assigned. saw right through my cover.
  • Options
    Deunan: I see. And I can detect the differences now. Vulpine traits. And... I can also see why she saw through your disguise. Enhanced senses would counteract most things. Holographic disguise wouldn't mask scent, and even if you tried anything Psionic, she'd be getting mixed messages. Her brain says one thing, but her senses say another. And that's not considering any innate Trill psionic capability.

Recipe for disaster in a way.

Krystal: Or the fact I'm Joined as well.

Deunan: So its...

Krystal: Still Jade. I just happened to be old school Joined with Ijoula.
  • Options
    Eli: Vulpine traits? Wha? does she still have the ears and tail out or are you reading her DNA? *he looks over at Krystal squinting* also the... the joining thing... reminds me of how Bri is Joined with Keeva..... They're gonna have to take her out in like..... 150 years so keeva can have a second host... may as well not be more painful with actually dying then coming back after for Bri... *he shakes his head*
  • Options
    Reashe: I've got some medical experience, and pretty good with kolto and bacta, but I wouldn't consider myself a doctor.

Clea: Take a moment to recuperate too, we don't have to land right away.

Rax: Ah, I've gotten somewhat used to it since I've spent a lot of time around places where this is common, but its pretty amazing. Have you tried the replicator yet?

Samaia: I haven't eaten food from a place like this in years... *She sighs* Being a dark council members usually means personal cooks, and fancy restaurants for status purposes. That and the cooks are usually scared when someone like me orders food.

Henha: Well there's a herd animal from my homeworld that makes great stews. The meat becomes tender more easily than a lot of other worlds, though farming isn't widespread because of my people's... nervousness. *She replicates an alien meat meat stew with plenty of veggies and a good balance of seasoning*
  • Options
    jorin: im fine. there is too much to do for me to rest. *she says as kenzie wraps a towel around her*

kenzie: you should get cleaned up. if you need any help let me know.

jorin: i am perfectly capable of bathing myself....

kenzie: have you even seen what it looks like down there yet? come to think of it do you know how any of that works?

jorin: n-no..... *she silently looks at the ground for a moment before looking back at the spartan* im a vat grown soldier i never needed that sort of... knowledge.

kenzie: i mean i was taken as a toddler to be augmented into a super soldier so i guess i can relate on the awkwardness... so i guess that means you've never done it before?

jorin: *the slow shamed folding down of her ears as she looks to the ground suggests confirms the spartans query*

jaessa: *scoffs* basically living like royalty in a pointless bid for status and politicking. the dark council always seemed like bickering children to me, even before your time *she motions to samaia*. so scared they were to openly challenge one another that they have to use their pawns to make moves in the shadows. true power is survival of the fittest. if you challenge someone for their spot weather you win or lose nature has taken its course, it ensures that only the strongest are leading. most of the empire didnt even know what it meant to be sith. i did my damndest to remind them, killing weaklings who claimed to be sith. garnered a bit of a reputation from both empires too. *she pauses looking down at evelynn* but that was a long time ago and those empires are nothing more then ash and myth these days.

evelynn: what was it like when you were younger?

jaessa: those are stories for when you're a bit older. *she says wiping evelynns ice cream covered mouth with a napkin* such a messy eater.

cerys: *sniffs it perking a brow* it does smell nice *she says trying some, seeming to enjoy it* nervousness? what for?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Krystal: I honestly don't know how to respond to that.
  • Options
    Seku: Replicator? No. I just ask Freeman to cook something. He's a good cook. does a lotta spicy stuff though. does good spicy fried nuna.

Freeman: *snore*

Eli: Which part? *he reaches out for Deunan*

Donovan: I've never cared for Politics or leading on that scale. There's no fun in being a King or a President or a war lord. I've always found Town at max is best for that sorta stuff, a small close-nit squad at the very least. That other stuff is for other people... I will say I'm not stranger to cold wars or hot wars. The only thing that ever mattered to me in wars was doin' the right thing, keeping the people beside me safe and having some fun along the way.
  • Options
    Krystal: All of it.

Deunan: She's... from that universe then.
  • Options
    Eli: That is what i said introducing her... is something wrong?...
  • Options
    Deunan: Trying to keep Hyuuga out of trouble, among other things. Kinda distracting. *takes a deep breath* Its been a long day.
  • Options
    Eli: what did Hyuuga do? Surprised you don't mention keeping Jersey out of trouble too. Or does that go without saying since she's your sister? Or are you only keeping Hyuuga out of trouble because she's married to Jersey?
  • Options
    Deunan: All of the above. And Hyuuga went mad scientist again.
  • Options
    Eli: What did she do now? I did lead with that....
  • Options
    Deunan: Besides trying to add Thanatonium to a Quantum Torpedo? She stumbled across some old, classified files on failed experiments Starfleet handled in the past. She got that look when she read about Project Genesis and USS Discovery.

Krystal: *blink*
  • Options
    Clea: *She coughs* Maybe lets get her cleaned up first then worry about the birds and the bees? Lets hope your cycle is still a few weeks away...

Reashe: *She nods sagely*

Rax: Its probably the most surprising piece of tech you'll find on here. Speaking of Freeman, you wanna wake him up or should I?

Samaia: I did a good job of whipping them into shape during my tenure. Darth Marr named me the leader of the council for my actions to better the empire and them. Of course it helps that some of the more "wild" members got themselves killed by Jedi like Ethrit or from other means. Maybe my work eventually fades to dust, but I'm glad that I did some "good". *She chuckles* Well Donovan you might appreciate how the Sith lead. Most Dark Council members were not afraid to get involved in physical confrontations. You might not see the Grand Chancellor of the Republic leading their forces into battle, but many of the Dark Council members while I was leading where the type to go on their own missions into enemy territory and bring the fight to their opponents. Except Vowrawn. But he's fun to be around.

Henha: *She smiles seeing Cerys enjoy it* Well, to cut a long story short, the reason I am the way that I am, and my people are the way that we are... a few centuries ago before my people really began using FTL outside of our solar system some alien invaders attacked, we never learned to communicate with them and they used a bio weapon to render our entire population sterile. We found a solution, and it was genetically engineering our offspring at the time to be hermaphroditic. Now every Ylon born is a hermaphrodite, and we can reproduce normally, but the wounds of what those invaders did run deep. My people keep ties with the Klingon Empire thanks to other incidents, but for the most part its rare for one of my species to leave the homeworld. They're xenophobic not because of hatred but because of fear.
  • Options
    jorin: my what now?

kenzie: uuuh something that can be explained later.... go on get ready.

jorin: *looks confused as she walks into her room*

kenzie: so... when all this is done who wants to explain how all the downstairs bits work to her?

jaessa: vishiate, valkorion, and now palpatine. maybe its just providence that the dark side is always cast down. as battered and broken as the republic has been over the years its still standing some how. the sith empire, reconstituted sith empire... both crumbled to dust and long forgotten, my homeworld reduced to desert graveyard.... and my people gone.... *she sighs* this is the legacy of the sith.. reduced to scary bed time stories and forgotten to time..... *she looks down with a somber expression* i guess ive never reflected much on this. ive been so jaded by time that i almost forgot what it was to feel pride in my heritage... and the unbridled hatred i have towards the republic....

cerys: hmm, maybe these aliens feared what your people could become and thought to end it before it began. but the genocide of an entire race is not something to be decided over lunch. *she ponders for a moment* where they ever identified?
  • Options
    Freeman: *snore*

Seku: Go for it, you're the one in beskar.

Eli: her and jersey are probably drooling over all that.... The torpedo should be less of an issue. I remember when Bri was assigned to the Takao, she was excited to read the files on discovery since she was working on the spore drive.

Donovan: There are times for people to lead from the front and the back. those are different qualities suited for different things... I'm sorry for the loss of your people. I've been alive long enough to see groups with rich histories wiped out... *he shakes his head*
  • Options
    Krystal:Genesis, on the other hand, was shut down for a reason.
  • Options
    Reashe: I could... but it might be a bit awkward.

Clea: I might have a harder time of things with explaining it all... but if I have to I can do it.

Rax: Is he that dangerous of a sleeper? *he stands near Freeman, snapping his fingers near his ear* Wake up Mr. Freeman.

Samaia: The Sith persevere in some form or another they always do... I'm sure the lost tribes are still out and about in the deeper edges of the galaxy. Safe from all the conflict they fled from.

Henha: *she shakes her head* No, atleast not that I'm aware of from our historical records but... well being with Temporal investigations does give me access to more information but even then there's nothing too concrete. Could've been future enemies coming back in time to stunt us before we could do something major I'm unaware of, could've been aliens who simply did it because they could. Could be a race that despised us and wanted us dead... I just don't know for sure. I'd like to look into it more, I just don't know where to start.
  • Options
    kenzie: i mean you're like future family so it'd be weird if you did it and i havnt known her that long so.... *her gaze shifts to reashe* might be up to you.

*not too long after jorin walks out with a long coat and scarf covering an armored chest plate, with a pulled up hood and a wool hat underneath the hood. a pare of thick combat boots and BDU pants holstering her blasters and saber hilts to its belt as she walks*

jorin: right then lets get going. *she says making her way to the cockpit*

jaessa: *sighs shaking her head* as a hollow shell of what they once were. its probably for the best that the galaxy forgets us. at least we'd have some measure of peace.... i still have my memories at least. of what korriban was like before the republic bombarded it into oblivion. *she stares off into the sky with a solemn expression* id like to visit korriban some time, see if theres anything that remains of my old home... and visit dads grave.

cerys: something i have seen to often. *lets out a heavy sigh as she stares into her bowl as if reliving the past*
  • Options
    Freeman: *groans, shaking his head and staying asleep*

Seku: gotta try harder than that.

Eli: yeah.... just have them stay away from that. The Lukari at least have a grip on that sorta thing. Those two could talk to them.

Donovan: Hopefully that sorta thing brings you the peace you deserve.
  • Options
    Deunan: What do you think I've been doing? I've even had to resort to hitting Hyuuga with a stick!
  • Options
    Eli: just make sure their kids stay safe.... I don't want them to be affected because their mothers are wreckless. I'd be a bad uncle to say nothing.. Speaking of which where are Gabriel and Jennifer?... *He turns his head to Krystal* thats mine and her's.
  • Options
    Deunan: Spending time with Lexington right now.
    Yamato is investigating some odd reports.