test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: No she's human. As for the mess... considering everything I've been through, on top of being Joined oldschool style... its par for the course these days. Wouldn't be surprised if I got a few gray hairs from everything I've been through. Reapers, Hur'q, Iconians...
    *sighs and leans back*
    Even with the war with the Klingons a few years ago, it wasn't that bad. I had joined Starfleet to be an explorer. To see new things. Yea I'm seeing new things alright. I just wish it wasn't always tied to some big threat. But... I don't think I'd trade any of it. Because it gave me the family and friends I have now. Made me who I am now. Change something in the past... I might not be Joined or a mother...
    *shakes her head*
    Sorry if I'm rambling.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Reashe: Thats one of the reasons it's a good idea! *she does an au'ra like pose pointing at Kenzie*

Rax: Purge? I think I heard about something like that. *he looks to her then back to the controls shaking his head* seems to happen an awful lot throughout history.

Janri: their primary usage is food, but there's a lot of things they can replicate. Some things like latinum can't be. *she sits near Lythe* Honestly, I'm still a bit shaken up over what happened when I was training. Being proved right helped a lot, but I feel a pain in my chest thinking about all that time that seemed to happen or not happen...

Samaia: *she looks to Jaessa* If I were to hazard a guess, like the federation, starfleet inherits it's kindness. Visitors might even be welcome, as long as we don't look suspicious to them. *she shrugs, holding Jaessa's hand as they walk*

Henha: Was it a Q? *she shakes her head* No probably not... I hope whatever happened she's recovering from it. There's been a handful of people who have experienced something similar here, and it took them time to adapt.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Kenzie: if I didn’t know any better I’d say you just wanna see me in more hats with my cat ears. *she give raeshe a coy look while arcing down slightly now in head pat range*

Lythe: hmm perhaps it was some sort of illusionary mindscape… it’s strange as I try and peer into your memories of that event there is nothing. As if it never happened. Curious… *she says pondering for a moment* do you think this alucard is a threat or does he mean well in some strange way?

Jaessa: *looks down at her darker robes* well… I stand out to say the least.

Evelynn: sure *she says jumping up excitedly*

L’raan: I bid you a good day, *she lightly bows before hurrying off to her class*

Jaessa: you as well. *she says before the vulcan walks off* so how much do you know about the federation? *she looks over at samaia holding her hand while keeping an eye on evelynn*

cerys: i've no idea what a Q is but if you are familiar with the term "universal constant" that is what caused it. the one who explained all was my counterpart and her daughter kara who is za'brinas counterpart, as it turns out her family is very traveled in every sense of the term. i was surprised to see that jorins counterpart was female but she too went thru a shift for lack of a better term so it makes more sense now that jorin has shifted as well. she has been thru a lot.... and it was painful for both of us. its far from over tho.... *she lets out a heavy sigh hiding her emotions* anyway moving on from that.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Seku: at the end of the clone wars our army turned on us. The Chancellor called us traitors... All these years later, guess who was a dark lord of the sith... They even purged the younglings... I was saved by a pirate who basically adopted me after. You seem to be from the past so I'm sure his name wouldn't matter.

Freeman: How is Hondo by the way?

Eli: And as where I'm from shows, your kids could even be completely different. I feel me and my sisters are just an awkward reminder for you of that. *He sips his drink* to be fair I've met completely different versions of myself. Some are better people than me... One of them actually went to the academy instead of the Trill Science Academy like me. Ended up the CMO on the U.S.S. Reliant after graduating. Still had the same parents yet he came out less of an a** like me. Then there's another than had a similar career but ended up with a luna class under his command. He has the same wife I do, yet he's better off than me career-wise. Neither of them have to muck about in other universes for a chance to be in starfleet. Then the mirror version of that one is oddly far younger. Still a better person than me... Also off topic, I think the connection with foxes is universal. Here, there. There's always something related to foxes. With you and dad, so when you come together it feels like that just strengthens it. The things I could tell you.

Donovan: *stands up with Evelynn on his shoulders* How is it from up there? *He smiles, ready to tour*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Krystal took a drink.
    "Well... there's bound to be all kinds of variations," she said. "I mean during the Iconian War we brought back a version of me that was assimilated at Vega years ago. As for a mirror counterpart... I don't know on that end."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Eli: Briana stays mostly the same but. I'm the only version of me that's mostly an A**... do you think its a coincidence I'm also the most powerful one. I am the only one with Full Psionic ability. I can make shields and teleport at will, read and dominate minds.... and they're all limited to being.... Empaths... Telepathic at best! has this just made me jaded?.... And okay seriously about the fox thing what is up with that. The Crazy samurai version of Bri made a deal with a god to become kitsune. same with her mirror version and the mirror version of me there that's younger and for some reason has a sentient spear.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Krystal: Not a clue.
  • Options
    Eli: No comment on any of that? just not a clue? Wow you seem unsurprised and possibly nearly as jaded as me... at least with Variety as you put it. You've a crazed samurai for a daughter in another timeline that's making strange deals with gods and you're making it seem like just an average day. Not even curious how you go from the Briana that's here to that? also that god has been hounding me about the same sort of deal. *he sips his drink and takes a deep breath* sorry... sorry... Like i said, I'm an A**...
  • Options
    Krystal: Besides the fact I got Ijoula's previous lives, I got an "evil twin" sister and a sister from another timeline who's part Borg. Both of which are literally versions of me. And with all the crazyness I had to deal with years ago with Ba'al...

Wait... what? What deal? What god?
  • Options
    Eli: ah, only half paying attention. that crazy samurai version of Briana made a deal with a god to become Kitsune. I literally just said that. Just the fox ears and 5 tails. way different from the whole werefox thing. the god is basically like a guardian of their people. Whole species of them on a planet that feels like its out of Dungeons and Dragons. she even fell in love with a primitive local because they... came really close to killing each other in a fight and i guess they were into that?... that was the deal. as for the god.... It started with a K or something... Karo... Kyro?.. Kero?... something like that. I'm not sure if they're a localized entity or one that shares awareness through universes and timelines. my guess is localized though since i haven't felt a similar presence in my own home. plus I think the one offering me the deal is unaware of the Crazy Samurai Briana they made the deal with in that universe. the question is why me and not Briana. Is it me being a Strong Psionic? making me more noticeable to such presences?
  • Options
    Krystal: Who knows. It could be that awareness, it could be something else.
    *lets her ears and tail out* Also I don't have to go full fox too. *shrug*

In regards to alternate realities... unless they have a direct impact on the one I'm living in... kinda... not that big a deal. More of a point of interest really. But unless some Samurai Kitsune Krystal shows up on my ship... it doesn't really affect me.
  • Options
    Eli: You didn't go Samurai in that universe. You're still one of Starfleet's best... just.... Born Earlier?... *he shrugs* So Briana, me and the rest of our siblings there actually lived in this era without having to time travel. That Briana Served in the Iconian war and..... the things she saw may have driven her a bit mad. Found one of Dad's old swords and started swinging it around. wearing it on her belt while on duty. Samurai only became an official title for her after making the deal... if that god exists here, that means their people probbly do to. You can find a whole society of 'Em possibly. Honestly it seems like they're just people that were removed from Feudal japan and given fox ears and tails some of the time. their culture is remarkably similar.
  • Options
    Krystal: I wouldn't be surprised. The Preservers seemed to enjoy saving various populations and putting them on other worlds.
  • Options
    Eli: but yeah I think you're safe from a samurai version of you. The Kitsune part is still up in the air though. I think the only difference between you as a werefox and that, is that you wouldn't be able to hide the ears and the tails.... the offer is tempting considering..... circumstances... I'm surprised you're not wondering how this even happened to me.... if you figured it out... I'm pretty sure you have but... yeah....
  • Options
    Krystal: Wasn't going to push, but I can smell it on you.
  • Options
    Eli: once more I'm an A**. this is a consequence of that. Mocking my sister and all. *he shakes his head* I don't display it at all. I just do everything i can to hide it. even if it involves poisoning myself. Which lately it has. not much of a cure. just a suppressant.
  • Options
    Krystal: *sighs* I don't have an answer to why you are as you say. But I don't think your mother would be happy to here you've gone so far as to poison yourself to hide it.
  • Options
    Eli: Briana poisons herself so she can get drunk. I think this is far better. and You don't need to have an answer to why. I know why. I'm telling you why. It was cause I mocked Briana for it and its my punishment.... *he sighs* I'm the worst of all the versions of me. seeing as the mirror versions I've met were better too... I'm the only one to be psyonic but the only one to be this big of an A**hole. *he takes a large swig of drink and slumps his head into his hands* Briana is lucky to have you adopt her while she's here.
  • Options
    Krystal: *reaches over and puts a hand on his shoulder as a show of support*
  • Options
    Reashe: Oh I won't deny that. *she sticks her tongue out before starting to pet Kenzie, making the most of the moment with a satisfied smile*

Rax: Yeah, I probably wouldn't know him. I'm still learning about more modern things. You might not be surprised to learn there was a Jedi purge a few hundred years before I was born. But it was caused by some Jedi who turned Sith.

Janri: Its strange that I can recall it so clearly but you're unable to see it... *she sighs* He might "mean well", but his version of meaning well isn't exactly very... friendly. Like, he tried to convince me to try to kill Val for instance, though that was all part of a test of sorts I guess. He does seem curious to teach both me and Val so who knows.

Samaia: with our robes we might pass for dignitaries, especially considering our unusual species. *she looks thoughtful* Well, since I got here I've done a lot of reading on their historical records, the federation is startlingly young compared to the political entities we're used to. They're only a few centuries old, I don't think they're even half a millennium old. They're sort of like... they're sort of like the galactic republic, if it wasn't rotten and corrupted. They're practically a utopia, the severe wars they face notwithstanding. *she hums for a moment* Its remarkable how they persevere inspite of all their adversity. *She decides to lead the way, not quite sure where to guide then, but fairly sure they can find interesting sights on their own*

Henha: Q are... well they're basically Gods. Each one is capable of rewriting reality on a whim, but for the most part they have rules against toying with mortals, but on occassion some of them enjoy being pranksters, or challenging "us" to encourage our growth. The incident I mentioned of someone going through a similar change was actually caused by a Q. *she rubs the back of her neck* I'm sure Jorin will be okay. Even if whatever they're going through has got them down, I always felt like they had a pretty indomitable spirit, atleast in the few times we've met and spent time together. And hey, you're here. If they need you, you can support them.
  • Options
    Kenzie: *happily purrs as she leans into the petting*

Lythe: hmm I’m not sure what to make of that but perhaps he is genuine in his feelings. As for why I cannot see your memories I’d hazard a guess that he put some block on it for outside influence. *she pauses for a moment in thought* has Val expressed her thoughts on this alucard fellow?

Jaessa: I should read some of these historical documents. That is surprising tho that the federation isn’t even a quarter of the age of how old the various stages of the republic are. I wonder if this starfleet is to the federation as the Jedi order was to the republic albeit with out the mystical force using wizards.. for lack of a better term. If I had to guess, without the constant fighting between two religious ideologies- the Sith and Jedi, over the many millennia the native governments of this galaxy would focus more on their own political affairs rather then dealing with the effects of said wars. While the force does exist in some way here the natives never evolved to use it thus leading to a more diverse political landscape apposed to a very large, Old, and all encompassing galactic republic. *she glances over at donovan* hmm..

Evelynn: i suppose not much different other then an elevation change, but it is enjoyable.

cerys: these Q must be a regular problem then.... as for jorin, she does have an iron will and the fiery rage of a krayt dragon.... *she looks off into the distance seemingly still bothered by something but shakes it off* anyway.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    *Q flash, and Cerys is now holding a margarita*
  • Options
    Seku: had no clue about that one but its still surprising.

Freeman: so now what?

Eli: *still holding his head in his hands* What's even the point, mom....

Donovan: Glad you find it fun *he looks to the others* I'm following your leads.
  • Options
    Krystal: Life is what we make of it. I'm sure you'll find your way.
  • Options
    Eli: if life is what I make of it, then it's a mess... I'm lucky I have a woman I love at least... But I'm not like Dad... I can't Just... Retire like he did to stay with you. He's old... Seen a lot. I'm still so damn young... I wanna see the galaxy and show people who I am and what I can do.... But I want to be able to stand on my own accomplishments to do that. Not for the fact of being the son of one of Starfleet's great captains and retired general. Or being married to a captain myself.... I couldn't even get into starfleet normally, that's why I'm stuck here in disguise as a Cardassian Doctor... *He lifts his head up and swings his drink*
  • Options
    Krystal: And you have a right to stand on your own merits and earn your own place in the universe.

While I can't say how things were for you growing up, what I can say is... that your path is yours to choose. Don't let it be dictated for you by others because of who your parents are.
  • Options
    Reashe: *She continues the petting for a bit, just content to enjoy the moment, but she does get a bit curious* Do you have much experience on cold worlds?

Rax: Well, we busy ourselves until we arrive at Ilum.

Janri: To an extent. It's very hard on her since she lost her own father so long ago, Alucard dredged up a lot of trauma for her I think. She's barely holding together.

Samaia: *As they presumably arrive in the sort of garden area outside the main building* Who knows, perhaps aeons into the future they'll wind up in a more similar situation to ours, but I have the feeling they'll continue on a divergent path. I'm curious about the history of the galaxy as a whole, but some of their long past is murky, the iconians though, a thought dead threat from the past returning. Though to much more drastic consequences than some similar instances in our galaxy.

Henha: The Q certainly can be... *She leads the way to the mess hall, pulling up a menu of a few different desserts* Lets get something good then. I'm not sure if you have a preffered dessert, so just look through the pictures and choose what catches your eye.
  • Options
    kenzie: i have a bit but ive never been in sub zero temperatures for long. *she continues purring before flopping on her side with a happy meow* the UNSC has good thermal gear for arctic campaigns and with mjolnir armor spartans dont have to worry about cold or heat.

lythe: i see, deep down she is still a scared child. her mind is dangerously unstable and i worry she may not pull thru..... in her head she has no reason to go on yet she does for nexa's sake. she needs something to ground her or she will lose herself in the abyss of despair, it seems nexa is working on that but it will take time.

jaessa: i highly doubt anything will be remotely the same in this galaxy as in ours. if no one even knows what the force is then there will be no one able to use it here that isnt from ours. i suppose every civilization has its galactic threats tho i've never heard of these iconians.... there is much i dont know about this galaxy. *she seems lost in though as she paces not registering what donovan said*

evelynn: i guess this sparked an interest in her. good job geoff. *the tribble happily coos* so. did you have anyone special or any family back home? *she says looking down at donovan*

cerys: i only eat when i need to..... *suddenly gasps as her tail puff up in surprise looking at the drink in her hand* i dont remember ordering anything...... how did this get in my hand.....
  • Options
    Seku: it'll be a few days. So hope you've got some sort of fun planned.

Freeman: I'm sure we can all find ways to busy ourselves

Eli: It's nice to hear you say that but still.... Frustrating... My path in starfleet seems set no matter what I do. Will I ever have the chance to outshine either of you? Or will everything I do be in your shadows. Having to be here in disguise to even have the chance for starfleet back home as well is... Annoying... If my love was here it may be easier but I can't just pull her away from her ship and our.... *He shakes his head* nevermind... You get what I'm trying to say though right?

Donovan: Not really Kiddo. The kinda place I was, doesn't seem the best for families or finding someone. The most I have is a Brother locked at the bottom of a well. As for any other family, they're long gone. Over a thousand years gone.
  • Options
    Krystal: I think so. I honestly never had to try and get out of anyone's shadow so...

You shouldn't judge yourself by your parents. Judge yourself on your own merits. And if someone else tries to say its because of your parents... point out that they're not there and you are. Or just ignore them and prove yourself.