Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Nyssa: How can you say that?

Rose: Oh, boy.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (*jabs thread with stick*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Jessica: Nyssa think about it, is it okay for the leader of a fleet of a hundred ships to simply freeze up when that fleet needs orders to combat the threat? How badly would things go as the fleet scrambles to figure out what to do because the one person who was supposed to give them tactics froze?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    exactly...a leader of hundreds, thousands or even millions cannot afford to experience event he slightest moments of doubt in battle, nor can they afford to be randomly blowing up all the time...i mean, i KNOW redheads and fiery tempers go together, but what happened back there was just the latest overreaction in a long line of overreactions - and what happened to me in andromeda had absolutely NOTHING to do with leadership abilities...maybe i don't react as fast as i should be to changing battlefield conditions, but i never STOP reacting entirely

and i NEVER thought that infection was a salarian bioweapon, so i don't know where you got that from - i just never expected a natural illness to be able to get through my biological defenses when i can normally walk through the heart of a black plague-infected population and not get so much as a single lesion on my ar*e​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,184 Arc User
    Briana: a fleet with a hundred ships has a hundred Captains... Each of those captains able to think on their own.... Even if she does freeze up, there is a chain of command that makes it so it doesn't freeze entirely, someone else could give orders. If everybody all freezes up at once, then there is a problem...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    this is why dictatorships fail, yes...they don't encourage initiative and in fact actively DIScourage it - usually violently -, so if the leaders die, there's instant chaos - this is actually something the new california republic exploited with the leaders of caesar's legion during the first battle of hoover dam by sniping centurions to cause mass chaos among the rank-and-file legionaries

obviously, starfleet doesn't suffer from this as it encourages initiative among its captains...but it can still be crippling if an admiral suddenly dies, is wounded badly enough or is otherwise taken out of commission​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *Sighs* Look.... Yes, I think she should get help too, but forcing it on her isn't going to accomplish much... if anything, it would make her feel worse. You'd have Admiral Quinn take her ship away until she "Got better", one of the things that makes her feel useful... Without the Lexington, everything might go in a downward spiral...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    sometimes, forcing someone to get help is the only way - interventions don't happen with people asking nicely​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: and if nothing improves after making her go along with this? What if it gets worse, what then?
  • Options
    then it may be time for that desk job after all​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: There is no blanket mental health solution for everyone. Everyone is different. Threatening her with a desk job is going to help no one... having the Lexington taken away from her is going to help no one... She apparently has a confidence problem, so you're going to take away the place where she is confidant most of the time... Stuff like this is how you get those A**hole admirals that Captains had to deal with in the 24th century. Take them off the bridge and they go crazy...

My Captain nearly froze up, seeing the Jem'Hadar over Bajor, and i can tell you he wanted to attack them so badly. and i can feel we're going to be seeing a lot more Jem'Hadar back in our own time eventually... So what do we do for him? the same thing you're trying to do to my mom?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *growls* First off... I don't command fleets. I've only got a handful, and I know my friends have my back. Second... what I've been going through here has nothing to do with commanding anything.
    *stalks over and jabs Alex in the chest with a finger*
    How would you handle being ripped away from everything, and being stuck in a situation where you're essentially redundant and can't contribute anything at all?!

I don't have a ship here. You don't need a Tactical Officer. You don't need another Engineer. You obviously don't need a Command Officer or someone to do diplomacy... so tell me. What do I contribute besides being A GLORIFIED FIREHOSE?! I have done nothing since we got here except repair a console on the bridge, get knocked out by a frakkin' plant, and gear up for absolutely NOTHING!

I'M A FRAKKIN' GLORIFIED FIREHOSE WITH NO PURPOSE HERE BECAUSE YOU GOT EVERYTHING YOU NEED ALREADY! AND YOU DON'T CARE ANYMORE! EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH, AND YOU DON'T CARE!

What happened to the Alex I knew back in the war? Because... because YOUR NOT HIM!
    *looks ready to lash out*

Kayla: *swears* Fusion Reactor went critical... *looks at Rose* Pent up stress?
    Ami: What the hell have you all been through?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Briana: *Crosses her arms* Everything she pointed out was right y'know... but what do I know?
  • Options
    and that reaction just proves everything i've been saying...a team needs to be able to trust each other, to know that everyone has everyone else's back, otherwise the team fails...if i can't rely on someone to have my back in all situations, i can't trust that person, and if i can't trust someone, i can't work with them...and i can no longer trust you, so that's why you're going back​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: *Stands up* This hasn't proved anything you've been saying.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,167 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *balls her fists, a mix of anger and pain on her face* So that's it?

Guess its pretty easy to dismiss everything except the goal while you're sitting on that gilded throne. Even friendship. Because you just made it painfully clear I'm not a friend here. I'm an asset for a mission that you can easily just discard.
    *brushes past him and heads for the door, stopping in the doorway*
    Guess you don't care about anything anymore except the mission Alex. Or should I say... Imperator.
    *leaves the mess hall*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Briana: *Grits her teeth as, unaware of her her ears pulling back.* You're a real piece of work. *Goes to Follow krystal out of the mess hall*
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    jorin: *sighs* i cant say i blame her, i haven't exactly been useful much my self. *shrugs*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    make sure she gets whatever help she needs to shake her confidence issues when you get back *he says to the rest of the group after briana and krystal leave* and see about getting someone to help her sort through her symbiont's personalities because i'm sure that joining didn't help the situation - i need to go comprise a message for quinn detailing everything that happened here - whoever is actually staying after this, let me know before 0900 GST tomorrow *he then turns and walks out as well*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Briana: *Standing by the doorway hearing the last of what alex had said* I'm still in the doorway you you know! Nothing you have done has helped her at all. all her points valid and you don't give a single sh*te... Its like You see your self as infallible. did you ever stop and think some of this may be just a bit on you? *Turns to follow her mother*
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: Great, just great. (She goes after Krystal, as does Nyssa)

Nyssa: Why do we have to fight?

Rose: Not now, Nyssa. Just find her before she does something unexpected.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (i specifically said he waited until they left for a reason - i'm not addressing that)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I never said briana left. i said she was moving to leave. So you woulda been waiting awhile m8)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Kayla: *sighs*
    Ami: *blinks*
    Romani: *stays silent*
    Krystal: *stops at the door to her quarters for a moment before continuing on, eventually finding herself in an inactive holodeck, and just sitting in a corner with her hair loose insteadof in the usual ponytail*
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Prime Raneson: Ugh. *Starts muttering in Mando'a, heading off to find Krystal*
    Oynx: *Sighs sadly*
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Briana: *Goes into the holodeck* mom?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Prime Raneson: *Arrives at the Holodeck and enters* Krystal...?
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    Briana: *Holds her arm out to stop Raneson* hold on...
  • Options
    Prime Raneson: *Looks at Briana* ... Okay.
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    (im ganna be taking a break for awhile. so for now ill just have jorin be on the nx and head back to what ever year. bye for now i guess)
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."