test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,187 Community Moderator
    Ensign Krystal: *Nods* I'll keep that in mind Commander. *looks back at the group* I... yea. I'm greatful that they saved me, but at the same time I can't help but remember I'm a stranger to them. I'm not her.

Its gonna take me some time to recover from my time in the Collective. Not all of those scars will heal. But at least I have people I can go to for help.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Jessica: You're going to fit in just fine here. *smiles*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    so i guess we go with my idea now - namely, go back 200,000 years and prevent the iconians from escaping the bombardment of their homeworld

unless you want to try and continue to fight a conventional war?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (*poke pokepoke poke*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Rose: Didn't we just learn from using time as a weapon, or are you showing your age?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    well, short of luring the entire herald fleet back to the sphere and launching a trilithium warhead into iconia's sun, we're pretty much out of options​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    ["you blow up one sun and everyone expects you to walk on water" - sorry couldn't resist sam56.gif]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,187 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Enough!

I don't want you guys fighting each other over ideas right now. I'll bring this up with Kagran. But right now I need options. And Alex... 200,000 years is a long time. People change. If we go through with your idea and we find evidence that says they were not what they are now...

When I saw M'Tara on Lae'nas III, she seemed almost sorry to strike out at the Preservers. Like it was something she didn't want, but had to do. While I haven't seen any of the other Iconians, something tells me that they weren't always conquerers.

I need options. And Rose... we've got our backs to the wall, and its only a matter of time before they make a move.

*stands up straight*
    Anyone know where Kagran's lurking?

Ensign Krystal: *hint of a smile* Thanks Admiral.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    probably where he's always lurking...and i don't WANT to wipe out another species if i can avoid it, but we're losing this war and they went from 'conquer' to 'exterminate' after m'tara died...whatever they were like in the past, we may not have a choice​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: I haven't personally met Kagran yet Alex. And who knows... if we are forced into desperation, we may find something we didn't expect that could be the key to everything.
  • Options
    Rose: When the Greeks were having problem with Gods they got other Gods to help them. Krys, didn't your report from the Solanae subspace base state the Iconians didn't want to fight the Dominion till after we got conquered?

Capt Rose: and we can see if the Devils will help. Terran Empire.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    absolutely NOT! the terrans have caused us enough grief - no way in hell are they getting a foothold in THIS universe again while i still draw breath!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Capt Rose: So Alex wants our extinction? If it isn't his way it's the freeway.

Rose: Highway
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: The Terran Empire is a no go. Besides, they are probably having their own version of this war right now. As to the Dominion... I don't know. The main problem is the only access to the Gamma Quadrant is the Bajoran Wormhole. The Iconians could easily blockade it on either side, thus cutting them off. I think we're on our own.
  • Options
    they would need to get through DS9 to do that, and that little station doesn't go down easily...besides, i think that's what sela's trying to do currently *he says, completely ignoring rose's unprofessional and factually incorrect flaming*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: With their Gateway tech, the Iconians don't have to go through DS9. They can just set up shop on the Gamma Quadrant side and blockade the Wormhole there. While that means being in Dominion territory and facing constant attacks, The Iconians don't have to bring reinforcements through the Wormhole. Hell... they could just spawn those Radiation gates that were apparently used in the Battle of Qo'Nos.
  • Options
    even if they set up a blockade, we have cloaks - and the heralds haven't really shown the ability to penetrate even the federation's less-developed designs

but even if we sent an envoy, the dominion won't help us - eraun made that abundantly clear during the 2800 debacle​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *pulls out a chair and slumps down into it* I don't know what to do...
  • Options
    *pulls the tub of ibuprofen out and slams it on the table* take two of these and call kayla in the morning​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *laughs* I needed that Alex.
  • Options
    Tiaru: What we need to do is force the issue with the Iconians and the Dominion.

Capt Rose: Get them to fight each other before they want to. How do we do that?

A Romulan walks into the room: the Federation got the Dominon to fight the Star Empire, it shouldn't be any harder to get the Dominion to fight the Iconians.

Rose: And who are you?

Romulan: Tal'Mera, Republic Intelliengence Agency, and a former Tal Shiar Operative and Analyst.

Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    i don't think assassinating a herald diplomat is going to work in this situation...and it's good to see you again, tal'mera​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Jessica: That barely worked though.
  • Options
    Krystal: I still need to speak with Kagran. And... contact Starfleet about... um... my sister.

Ensign Krystal: *sticks her hands in her pockets and stands by Jessica*
  • Options
    Tal'mera: True, but if the Iconians killed a changling, or 100 of them.....

Capt Rose: what are you talking about?

Rose: but all the Changlings are on the Founder world, are they not?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    no...there are 99 of them on orias 3​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: No one is killing anyone! *exaspirated sigh* We'll figure this out. Lets just... take five and get some food. I'm gonna need a drink while I talk to Kagran. Jess? You wanna try contacting Starfleet and filling them in on... Ensign Jade?
  • Options
    Jessica: Alright I'll take care of it. Come on lets go.
  • Options
    we don't need to kill them...we just need to provide irrefutable proof that the iconians wiped them out​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *Ensign Krystal follows Jessica*