test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new Rep System

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't follow. You're the one that keeps thinking my idea is crazy. But it's not. It's all about banding together. To passively protest what many feel is a huge slap in the face.
    Cryptic beat you there. Trout Slap, I haz it. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    O if you really want to protest get some fleets together and jam access to ESD so people can't enter ESD do that on several servers and you might prove your point, then again they could switch your account off and you know the rest whatever you do they will eventually outsmart you.

That's really not a solution either.

The only way Cryptic will change something is if they think it's broken and is losing them money. So if there is a huge bug in this new trait/rep trait system (for example, imagine if there was some keyboard command that could make you equip more than 4+4+4), and tons of people exploit it, then Cryptic will bump it up to the top of their "fix it" list.

Examples: KDF to ESD, the baseball, 40k dil via Foundry, WM + Relativity stasis pistol, etc. They were not working as intended and people exploited it.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Why do I suddenly fell like these guys :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoWt0wnlUw

Yeah whatever you do it's not gonna help because like I said they will outsmart you. This is a think Tank you will not succeed to out think !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited March 2014
    That's really not a solution either.

The only way Cryptic will change something is if they think it's broken and is losing them money. So if there is a huge bug in this new trait/rep trait system (for example, imagine if there was some keyboard command that could make you equip more than 4+4+4), and tons of people exploit it, then Cryptic will bump it up to the top of their "fix it" list.

Examples: KDF to ESD, the baseball, 40k dil via Foundry etc. They were not working as intended and people exploited it.

That's what I was saying they eventualy outsmart you, but I do like the OP's plan to put away all rep stuff but then you also have to stay out all the REP Missions.
    And I don't think you will keep preventing people from doing a rep.

So in all cases as a playerbase you lose, and like I said the only way is stop playing STO and try to covince people to stop playing STO. you never gonna suceed !!!

Best Idea to stop the grind is by start to play Foundry files !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Meh... I've taken so many "slaps" by now that I've become numb to them...

Guess I'm used to it by now.... Witch is also the reason I don't give them money anymore.

pretty much this ^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I miss Gozer. He loved pew-pew. :P
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited March 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I miss Gozer. He loved pew-pew. :P

Wasn't Gozer the one invented all this chaos in the first place ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Wasn't Gozer the one invented all this chaos in the first place ?
    Gozer was the guy who worked on all the original end-game STF content that everyone complained was too hard and took too long to complelete - and who, ironically, now ask that it be put back into the game. People make no sense. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't know what the OP is smoking, but I'll have some of that too.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Gozer was the guy who worked on all the original end-game STF content that everyone complained was too hard and took too long to complelete - and who, ironically, now ask that it be put back into the game. People make no sense. :)
    Gozer may not have been a good story teller, but he knew how to make a boss fight epic. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bring the dude back for one heck of a swan song battle.

Motto:
    "You can't save everyone"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    saihung423 wrote: »
    I'll list some of the things I get truly upset about and fight back on.

In Delaware, an heir to the Dupont family was convicted of molesting his 3 yr. old daughter and given 8 years probation because the judge said "he would not fare well in prison".

In San Francisco's Mission District a young man was shot and killed by police for allegedly pointing a stun gun at cops, though eye witness accounts say he was holding a burrito and his stun gun was in the holster.

In the United States there has been more oil spilled from train wrecks in 2013 than the previous 40 years and yet they are not broadcast on the news.

The US spends more money on maintaining it's prison population in one year than it has on rehabilitation in the last 20.

I protest and get worked up over real world issues, not perceived slights made against me and my imaginary video game characters.

I, personally, just can't get worked up over something that has not altered the quality of life for anyone.

QFT
    I really fail to see this as a bad thing. This will help balance in the game.

QFT
    I am too old to understand the rap references. Yup, I missed the whole rap thing, and I'm strangely fine with that.

Just listen to some Pharcyde or Digable Planets. You wont regret that of type pure-poetry Rap.
    ogital wrote: »
    The only thing that will make me boycott them will be a Level Cap increase. This will immediately trigger a boycott for good on my part.

However, I am ok with the changes to the Reputation System as proposed at the Moment.

I don't see a problem w/a level cap increase. It would make the Aegis Set more viable and promote crafting for that very same reason. Ridiculously awesome sig, btw. I likey.
    I'm a veteran. Therefore, I know this needed to happen. Better now than later.

The Rep system is a downward spiral that needed to be curbed in order to not chase away most vets and newer players.

Do people want to feel the need to grind, or have fun? You still have your options to choose what powers you want, w/out a respec token.

I'm not a Cryptic fanboi, but I sincerely agree with this decision. The Borg remodulation needs to be addressed, but other than that, I'm on board.

Yes, I just did that.

A troll is a troll unless he/she is completely void of reason. Would you rather us simply switch to a T1 ship? Or better yet, make it Shuttle Trek Online? Now you can PWN in PvP if you get your wish, b/c I can guarantee that you wouldn't do the same if you have the upper hand. Anyhoo, I'm done quoting and contributing to this thread.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gozer? When did he sneak back in? Did Taco hide him under a coat?
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just listen to some Pharcyde or Digable Planets. You wont regret that of type pure-poetry Rap.

They haven't done much lately. Heiroglyphics though, they've been busy. Deltron 3030 part 2 dropped last year. And I can't recommend Czarface enough. It's Wu-Tang combined with comic books.
    I don't see a problem w/a level cap increase.

One face slap at a time people!

Would you rather us simply switch to a T1 ship?

T5 OBERTH? Oh ... wait ... I misread that.

:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ITT: Snoggy flys around on a jetpack while people argue whether or not it's reasonable to have limits on how much jet fuel you can carry at once while conveniently ignoring that people without jetpacks actually exist while Cryptic is making missions for people who both do, and do not, have jetpacks are expected to do together.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • crownvic351crownvic351 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Point he is trying to make is when he started the game he didn't have any good gear or even borg gear and kept getting killed much easier than the players that have put in time and earned what they had. Yes he wanted that gear but didn't go crying to cryptic/pw about things being OP. Now he and the rest of us have put in all that time and are now in that position.... When u reach the top you finaly see that majority of things are balanced out. We worked hard to be able to kill, or survive the way we do now. Unless you were never a newbie and came equipped with top of the line gear you wouldn't understand.

I for one will stand and fight this. I spent to much money and time here. The rest of the sheep can just roll over and take it, I for one will not. I put way to much into all my toons to have half of what I worked for taken away..

If you look you can only use about half of what you worked for now... So now they are telling you that you can only use half of that at once...!!!! NERF!!!! There is another way to do this... Either you let us keep our current 10 rep skill count and then only let us add 1 per new rep system. Or you lock down on current rep skills and let us only add 1 rep skill per new tree, but let that 1 be swappable.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I put in all the "work" to get to T5 in multiple reps on multiple toons blah blah blah. And now I get to choose only four space and ground passives at a time. Some of those choices will be easy, some will be pretty hard. Having to choose between things is not much fun, I know.

But you know, I can live with it.

Get over yourselves if you think you've "earned" or "worked for" something special. You're not a space snowflake. For the sake of the game, they've got to reign in amount of passives we can stack before there are five more reps and we've all got 50 passives. If they don't do this now, they'll have to do it in the future, and it'll only hurt more then.

If the system had been implemented like this from the beginning, none of you would have any complaints about it, and anyone who ragequits over this is an idiot who won't be missed. Not by Cryptic, not by me, not by anyone.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    denizenvi wrote: »
    Lol, why must every partial nerf be a 'slap in the face'?
    Why is water wet?

Superchum, you are our savior. I applaude your efforts in rising against the man!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I keep making these replies saying something like "this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen"

And sure enough a week later...
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I keep making these replies saying something like "this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen"

what no OP plz nerf this week lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    what no OP plz nerf this week lmao

OP is taking a week off, it got nerfed.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2014

"this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen" comments are OP, plz nerf
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They haven't done much lately. Heiroglyphics though, they've been busy. Deltron 3030 part 2 dropped last year. And I can't recommend Czarface enough. It's Wu-Tang combined with comic books.

One face slap at a time people!

:(
    Okay, you're the savior, I trust your judgement here, because otherwise, I would bring up the slap in the face First Contact Day is.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread does raise an interesting question:

Does passive resistance have diminishing returns? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Memo from the desk of Starfleet Ambassador Otungku

To: Snoggymack22

RE: Reputation Protest

Snoggymack22, I hope this memo finds you in good health. In regards to your proposed protest against the upcoming reputation system I must respectfully decline. You see, my crew has worked diligently and tirelessly to adapt the assimilated Borg gear for use aboard the U.S.S. Daedalus. I worked my reptilian hind quarter off to earn that gear by fighting the Borg in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block before the reputation came to be.

Good luck in your endeavors.
    Ambassador Otungku and crew
    USS Daedalus

:D
    edited April 2014
    Okay, you're the savior, I trust your judgement here, because otherwise, I would bring up the slap in the face First Contact Day is.

I've been calling it Republic Day. And wish I had the software to make a D'Tan video to the Skylar Grey song Coming Home.
    This thread does raise an interesting question:

Does passive resistance have diminishing returns? :confused:

Yes, but only when it stacks!
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Memo from the desk of Starfleet Ambassador Otungku

To: Snoggymack22

RE: Reputation Protest

Snoggymack22, I hope this memo finds you in good health. In regards to your proposed protest against the upcoming reputation system I must respectfully decline. You see, my crew has worked diligently and tirelessly to adapt the assimilated Borg gear for use aboard the U.S.S. Daedalus. I worked my reptilian hind quarter off to earn that gear by fighting the Borg in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block before the reputation came to be.

Good luck in your endeavors.
    Ambassador Otungku and crew
    USS Daedalus

:D

I do appreciate the support.

And now for an UPDATE!

Apparently D'Stahl still can't reveal the super secret project he's been tasked to do (I'm guessing new level cap in Champions Online, but that's just a guess) however he sends his greetings and says he sent a memo to internal testers to support this passive resistance movement by having them test on set free builds with no rep gears!

Now I'm not sure if this is a real memo or not, because it's date 4/1/2014. But I'll take any and every bit of support. Even from an old nemesis like DStahl.

I almost feel like I should reformat this entire protest as an engineering report just for funsies.

But no matter, the point is, the movement is moving on! We're KEEPIN IT MOVIN! Staying strong. Keeping it real!

Together we're going to build a slap free future people! Slap. Free. STO.

Our goal is in sight. Let's make it happen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I say leave the system alone, the devs should focus on more pressing issues, like known bugs.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014

To whom it may concern:

The people of Millennium city need urgent assistance. The diabolical prankster known as Foxbat has hired an army of imposters to terrorize the city! Known crimes include trout slapping random bystanders. We need your help to hunt down and capture these rogues!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited April 2014
    I thought Foxbat was from Paragon City?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    I thought Foxbat was from Paragon City?
    No. Foxbat is from the Champions Universe and even pre-dates the creation of Millennium City. He comes from the 1982 Champions sourcebook entitled Enemies II