test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new Rep System

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yes, that's right, I'm advocating we show just how much incentive the rep system lacks by getting rid of every last vestige of it from our characters!

We just de-equip all reputation gear. Every last bit of it. No more Maco set. No more Honor Guard set. No more Kinetic Cutting Beam. No more gravimetric photons. None. Nada. Zilch!

Take all of the gear you've gotten from it and put it in your bank to rot.

Go set-free! In protest!

Let Cryptic know you'll never use this junk again and never do anything ever to get another piece of this junk. You're tired of being slapped in the face. So break the chains and free yourself from your gear. No more Cutting Beams! No more Gravimetric Torps! All of it, gone. In the bank to rot.

Or if you're super zealous, just discard it. Send all of it to vapor land. And be done with this whole mess of a system. Stand tall, stand proud, rep free!

Also when this change goes live, don't even equip any traits. Leave them slots EMPTY!

Rise up folks! Remove all traces of this tainted time sink from your character!

We stand together and we slap you back!

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this just another rage thread, or if the guy has (finally) lost his mind.

Think about how TRIBBLE this sounds.

You're proposing that over two million players just give up the time and effort they put back in season 7 when the rep system came out, and to just place all of their equipment into the bank and forget about it?

And then what? Just wait until Cryptic gives you exactly what you are crying for? Look at the Galaxy threadnought. It took years and SIX THOUSAND+ posts to get a revamp for the wrong ship!

Hate to be a realist here. But this will fail, because no more than a pocket full of people will ever give up their equipment to protest (yes, this is a protest. Don't need to sugar-coat it).

Here's my advice. Just like I have done with the Fleet Galaxy, and with the D'Deridex, and with the Recluse, and with PvP, and with the Foundry Editor... Adapt. Give up your preconceptions and simply work with what exists.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not sure if this just another rage thread, or if the guy has (finally) lost his mind.
    it's neither; it's just satirical nonsense, which is why he posted it in general
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He has a good point though... if you folks are all so upset and have no reason to do reps anymore you should all protest.

Delete anything you earned from the rep system... its all worthless anyway according to 9001 QQ posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited March 2014
    He has a good point though... if you folks are all so upset and have no reason to do reps anymore you should all protest.
    not i; i have plenty of reason to do it...in fact, i have 972,000 reasons to do
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Delete anything you earned from the rep system... its all worthless anyway according to 9001 QQ posts.

Not your most congently argued observation Mr Salieri......

Or is it.....

No....

The sarcasm detectors are working again!

Lieutenant Harris can go the wedding after all!
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm all for a challenge!

(I know he's joking, but...)
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    As I cannot even finish any of the reputations because they are so very time consuming, I don't have any reputation gadgets to sacrifice.

That's our first protestor! Heck yeah! Hopefully we can get more involved in this. A crowd sourced passive resistance slap back at the evils that devs do!
    You're proposing that over two million players just give up the time and effort they put back in season 7 when the rep system came out, and to just place all of their equipment into the bank and forget about it?

Only 2 million? I thought Zinc released an infographic last anniversary that stated there were 16 million of us?
    Look at the Galaxy threadnought. It took years and SIX THOUSAND+ posts to get a revamp for the wrong ship!

Well I'm not so vain as to think my little passive resistance movement would garner that much attention. But I thought that thread only just recently hit its 1 year anniversary?
    Hate to be a realist here. But this will fail, because no more than a pocket full of people will ever give up their equipment to protest (yes, this is a protest. Don't need to sugar-coat it).

It starts small, but if the foundation is strong ... we can fight all of these face slaps!

I'm all for a challenge!

(I know he's joking, but...)

That's TWO! To borrow from the historic 2013-2014 Philadelphia 76ers motto ... Together We Build!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I like my reputation gear the way it is. I'm not boycotting anything, I must be one of the select few that this change doesn't affect in the slightest. Maybe it does, but in the end, I must not care enough.

Also Gozer is LONG gone from Cryptic. AdjudicatorHawk made the post.
    edited March 2014
    Only 2 million? I thought Zinc released an infographic last anniversary that stated there were 16 million of us?
    Well I'm not so vain as to think my little passive resistance movement would garner that much attention. But I thought that thread only just recently hit its 1 year anniversary?
    It starts small, but if the foundation is strong ... we can fight all of these face slaps!

You completely missed the point. STAY ON TARGET!

It doesn't matter whether 2 million or 16 million or 7 billion play this game. And it doesn't matter whether the Threadnought has been running for 1 year or 100 years.

Your little protest will not work. No more than a small handful of people will join you, due to several factors: Not everyone reads the forums. Not everyone wants to sacrifice their hard work and effort that they did in order to get their gear. And not everyone agrees with the shaky and opinionated premise in which your protest is founded on.

So, I say again. Adapt. Learn to adapt to the new Reputation system Cryptic has developed; work with it, and let go of preconceived ideas about how it "should", or "must" be. It is what it is.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well i have to say as a 3 year vet and doing the hard slog for so long that when this debacle of a new season comes forth, all my hard work on the reps will not be put back in place, i will not be grinding any rep system at all on any other alts i havent done them on and i certainly wont be using any of the new B.S. kits that they are implementing, nor will i be sacrificing 1 single uniform slot for their insepid look of our kits showing or visual armour..i wont do away with the items i have earnt through the endless grinds though, but as for the reps, kits and uniform slots, cryptic can kiss my A**. :mad:
    edited March 2014
    Your little protest will not work.

It's little now. But it's gaining support! Bit by bit! Soon google crawlers will recognize it, and the SEO value will sky rocket. We'll creep into more and more browsers, ushering in a passive resistance era of our own, based on crawler creep.

This is all just the beginning! It will be glorious!
    No more than a small handful of people will join you,

And they'll tell two friends ... and so on and so on! This is grass roots campaigning! Organic crowd sourcing! All in an effort to slap those who slap us in the face right back in the face that has yet to be slapped!

Certainly some of the fence sitters currently perusing these incendiary words, this call to revolution, must feel some of the charming allure ... the call to power ... and want to slap someone else in the face for once?

Let's get SLAP HAPPY!

Aren't you tired of having your face slapped? I sure know many of your fellow posters are. Come on. How bout getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come in for the big win?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    well i have to say as a 3 year vet and doing the hard slog for so long that when this debacle of a new season comes forth, all my hard work on the reps will not be put back in place, i will not be grinding any rep system at all on any other alts i havent done them on and i certainly wont be using any of the new B.S. kits that they are implementing, nor will i be sacrificing 1 single uniform slot for their insepid look of our kits showing or visual armour..i wont do away with the items i have earnt through the endless grinds though, but as for the reps, kits and uniform slots, cryptic can kiss my A**. :mad:

You're halfway on board my man! Halfway! So come on and go alllllll the way. Cryptic won't respond to half measures. So join with us. Together we will show them who really has the power here!

Break the chains of your reputation opression. Go SET FREE and set yourself truly free!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Snoggy, what did I tell you about leaving the matches, and gasoline unattended?
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *reads thread*

*looks at signature*

Yep. I'll definitely tear away my MACO set that was earned pre-rep. To support a fellow player in his protest against a decision of Cryptic I fully support.

Seriously, I'm hoping this isn't the last nerf we have seen. I'm still waiting for the patch that nerfs aux2bat+faw+dem+marion+win+pew+reward builds.

Removing all rep gear from players might be the necessary nerf though. Dangit, now I don't know whether to support you or not. Ah well, I'll stick with my MACO set, let my Romulan main keep her rep gear, and let the others fly just as happy as they are now in rewards/aegis/fleet gear. (which is quite effective btw)
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol, why must every partial nerf be a 'slap in the face'?

Endless new stacking rep passives was never an acceptable option. The system needed to be revamped. Maybe the devs could have let us keep all 16 passives we can have now, but have to switch them out if we want future ones. But I honestly don't fault them for starting the new system where they think it should be, rather than where it happened to get to before it just started to fall apart.

Being able to keep increasing in power after lvl 50 only works two ways. Either it's limited in scope, and a powered-up 50 isn't that much better, or it's quantified into what is, in effect, another level system. These are the only ways content can be appropriate for both fresh and veteran 50's. The content has to either scale to the pseudo-level, or be roughly the same for all max-level players.

I predict this will all blow over once players start to mess with their newly changeable passives, tuning them for specific builds. Cryptic will make future passives still be attractive to players, so I don't see the rep system dying out because it doesn't ratchet you up a few notches in power with each new rep.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Y
    It's time to slap back!

What am I talking about? Well, in caes you missed it, I'm talking about Gozer's dev blog about the changes to reputation powers. The blog where they nerf you, every last one of you, of your hard earned powers. And take away all that was good and useful about the reputation system.

Or to quote a fellow STO player:

"Anyone trying to defend this by saying it's not a nerf is an idiot. ... this change is a slap in the face to those of us who have put the time in."

I'll just quote this persons post in regards to another "nerf" which is even in quote marks:
    The "nerf" was a tweak to the mechanic which was working wrong and was way more powerful than they had wanted it to be. They all still stack, IIRC. Just the effect is now much lower.

With increasing number of reps coming we are going to reach a point where they will be more powerful than the devs wanted them to be.
    edited March 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    I'll just quote this persons post in regards to another "nerf" which is even in quote marks:

But like the OP already stated, defending this nerf means that that person is an IDIOT! An absolute utter idiot! I challenge that idiot to step up into my thread and refute my assessment that they are indeed an idiot!

In the meantime, I hope some folks caught on to the fact that I shifted gears a bit from 80s rap references to an 80s Kubrick movie reference. It was extremely poignant I felt.

And hey, how come you're not on board with the movement yet Decronia? You can't possibly like being slapped in the face? By Gozer? Again? Gozer's slapped the players in the face multiple times in the past. That behavior is unacceptable! Stahl needs to hold Gozer accountable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Aren't you tired of having your face slapped? I sure know many of your fellow posters are. Come on. How bout getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come in for the big win?

Cryptic doesn't give a $h!t one way or another. They really do NOT care about this petulant protest campaign. And they are certainly not being "slapped" when less than 1% of the game population refuses to participate in a feature, but plays the game regardless.

For a third time, since two doesn't seem to be enough. Adapt to the game. Or don't, your choice, but Cryptic will move on with or without you.
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic doesn't give a ***** one way or another. They really do NOT care about this petulant protest campaign.

For a third time, since two doesn't seem to be enough. Adapt to the game. Or don't, your choice, but Cryptic will move on with or without you.
    you know, the same could be said for your own little petulant protest campaign about the galaxy

might want to choose your words a little more carefully next time

#LegalizeAwoo

edited March 2014
    Cryptic doesn't give a ***** one way or another.

According to every Engineering Report I ever read and most Ask Cryptics, they do care. Which is why passive resistance about passive reputation (including passive resistances for both ground and space) seems to be the path of least resistance!

Also the freedom of setting yourself free of sets is exhilirating. I can't even properly put it into words, but giddy is a good one to start with.
    They really do NOT care about this progressive protest campaign.

I think they do. I've been noticing some metrics thus far and it seems like its gaining traction already. We have a very powerful voice when we are united. You should hop on board with us. There's plenty of room and we have cookies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    euh ?? Rep what rep ??

Fed Said :

I never used the rep system because I don't have the time, I got a family too...

Klingon said :

Rep is for cowards who can't fight with a blade, petaQ humans

Romulan said :

We already have a scimitar why would we need Reps ?

But to be serious I never touched it and I never will..... All those hours working on it, for those nincompoops I feel bad. And see what they do !!! They simply take away all the stuff you earned just because they don't feel we do it by the book....

Well for one thing I'm sure darn glad I never touched it ..... :mad: and :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited March 2014
    you know, the same could be said for your own little petulant protest campaign about the galaxy

might want to choose your words a little more carefully next time

Oh, you want to go there, do you? Let's do a quick review!

1) I pushed for a revamp of the original Galaxy-class. Did the Gal-R get its revamp? No. Did I get what I want? No. Why? Because Cryptic could care less about revamping something they see as a working mechanic. Same applies with the rep system they will implement in Season 9 - they think it will work, so they will not change it.

2) If you actually bothered to read around page 500 or so, I never supported a change to the Gal-R, and in fact, I advocated for no change. I told players to adapt to the ship, and not force the ship to adhere to what they "Think" it should be. This "adaptable" attitude is something I continue to push for, everywhere I visit.

3) Cryptic revamped the Galaxy-X, not the Galaxy-R. It would help if you knew the distinguishing features - one is called an "exploration cruiser", another a "dreadnought".

You might want to choose your words a little more carefully next time; and to actually know what you're talking about.
    edited March 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    But to be serious I never touched it and I never will..... All

That's three! Like the price is right, we're climbing up that mountain!

Prepping one mega huge SLAP BACK for that that have slapped us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    According to every Engineering Report I ever read and most Ask Cryptics, they do care. Which is why passive resistance about passive reputation (including passive resistances for both ground and space) seems to be the path of least resistance!

<snip>

I see, so this is just an insanity thread. Well, best of luck to you and your fellow protesters. And I sincerely mean it. Cryptic does need to see that the players run the game, and decide their fate.
    edited March 2014
    Oh, you want to go there, do you? Let's do a quick review!

1) I pushed for a revamp of the original Galaxy-class. Did the Gal-R get its revamp? No. Did I get what I want? No. Why? Because Cryptic could care less about revamping something they see as a working mechanic.
    and you just proved my point; they didn't revamp it because they just don't give a ****, and no petulant little protest campaign is going to change their minds

#LegalizeAwoo

edited March 2014
    and you just proved my point; they didn't revamp it because they just don't give a ****, and no petulant little protest campaign is going to change their minds

Exactly, thank you for proving my point. Based on the behaviour Cryptic has shown us recently, they will either give a smart-TRIBBLE reaction (such as "Oh, you want a Galaxy revamp, do you? Well here's a Galaxy X, close enough, amirite?"), or do nothing at all.

It's so good to see other people who seem to argue against me, but are actually arguing for the same thing.
    edited March 2014
    I see, so this is just an insanity thread. Well, best of luck to you and your fellow protesters. And I sincerely mean it. Cryptic does need to see that the players run the game, and decide their fate.

I don't follow. You're the one that keeps thinking my idea is crazy. But it's not. It's all about banding together. To passively protest what many feel is a huge slap in the face.

After reading your review of the Galaxy Bundle offer of the past month, I would think you'd not only commiserate, but lend your support to this endeavor. It's not crazy if we're united!

This is all about community. And power. And face slaps.

Plus there's a super secret SNEAKY bonus. If we do this. If we all do this. And all of us bank our sets and rep gear and consoles and leave our traits empty ... we'll SHOW them. We'll show cryptic that we fixed power creep where they could not!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014

Also the freedom of setting yourself free of sets is exhilirating. I can't even properly put it into words, but giddy is a good one to start with.

I think they do. I've been noticing some metrics thus far and it seems like its gaining traction already. We have a very powerful voice when we are united. You should hop on board with us. There's plenty of room and we have cookies!

I really don't think ranting won't help anyone, if you are that disgruntled all you can do is shot down STO delete it from your PC or MAC and never return if 50% off the player would do that they realize they did something wrong and maybe change it or shot down the STO servers and their would be no more Star Trek Online. In both cases you lose.

Maybe just make your own game in sto is gonna help you enjoy what you have and what you get. I care deeply for those working that much ours into this game. I saw this coming by a mile away thats why I stayed away from the grinds and just enjoyed the foundry ....

I already work as a Cab driver and in my free time I got a garage to run not gonna work on a MMO that should be there to give me FUN. Instead they give you work to do and I'm glad they did something good and that was inventing the Foundry I enjoy it everyday ....

Thats my way of saying NO to Grind !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited March 2014
    O if you really want to protest get some fleets together and jam access to ESD so people can't enter ESD do that on several servers and you might prove your point, then again they could switch your account off and you know the rest whatever you do they will eventually outsmart you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why do I suddenly fell like these guys :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMoWt0wnlUw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]