What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new Rep System

Comments

• grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tread already dead ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Now I've got a good idea of what S9 is bringing along with it reputation wise, I reckon I'll actually attempt the OP's idea and just avoid the lot...or at least not make it a priority.

Not out of protest mind. More laziness.

Welcome to the revolution! I wouldn't call it laziness. It's more like passive resistance. That's the joy of this being a passive protest. Our goals and your goals can dovetail and synergize into a harmonic force of pure team oriented potential!

Together we build a stronger STO for the future. Which is kind of what Gene would want anyways, right?

And I look forward to the future where tiny dev hands can no longer slap players in the face. Where they're met with a wall of resistance that simply says "No!" or "We're mad as heck and we're not gonna take it anymore!"
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Tread already dead ?

We've not yet BEGUN to fight my fellow freedom friend!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to the revolution! I wouldn't call it laziness. It's more like passive resistance. That's the joy of this being a passive protest. Our goals and your goals can dovetail and synergize into a harmonic force of pure team oriented potential!

Together we build a stronger STO for the future. Which is kind of what Gene would want anyways, right?

And I look forward to the future where tiny dev hands can no longer slap players in the face. Where they're met with a wall of resistance that simply says "No!" or "We're mad as heck and we're not gonna take it anymore!"

We've not yet BEGUN to fight my fellow freedom friend!
    OKAY! *Trout Slaps repeatedly* :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Frankly, all of this talk of slapping concerns me. Smoggy, are you serious about the rep changes being the straw that broke the camel's back?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Frankly, all of this talk of slapping concerns me. Smoggy, are you serious about the rep changes being the straw that broke the camel's back?

Since it's hump day, I'd say it's more of a situation of it being the straw that stirs the drink!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't know, I rather like the changes that are coming.
    edited April 2014
    I don't know, I rather like the changes that are coming.

Some people stir their drinks with straws. Others with spoons. But if someone were to slap you in the face while you were stirring that drink ... your drink could spill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some people stir their drinks with straws. Others with spoons. But if someone were to slap you in the face while you were stirring that drink ... your drink could spill.

Imagine if they slapped you while eating Cheerios in the backseat.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Imagine if they slapped you while eating Cheerios in the backseat.

Emergency Tracheotomy Time! I hope someone would have a ball point pen or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Would it satisfy you if the Devs propose a compromise ?

To give back an amount of dill to those who completed it, or other way ?
    Because I believe it's not the system he yaks about, its players lose their play and have to start all over again !!!

1. All Dilithium put in is lost
    2. All work ours is lost
    3. All skills is reset

So you have to start all over from scratch....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Yo, you slap me and I'll slap you back!"
    -- EPMD, Get the Bozack

Like Public Enemy in the summer of 1989, we fight the powers that be, and here's what we do ...

Thoughts?

Sounds good but they will only listen to the bottom dollar. its all about the money.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
    edited April 2014
    Would it satisfy you if the Devs propose a compromise ?

Well a compromise is worth coming to the table to discuss. What is Gozer offering? Or Stahl? Or Adcjunteagle? Is laughingtrendy involved in this compromise? If so, how? I want at least a PDF document that accepts a digital signature before our 11-man, 7 Nation army even thinks about sitting across from them at a table. Their hands are tiny and could sneak some slaps into the discussion, even at a round table.

suzy32 wrote: »
    Sounds good but they will only listen to the bottom dollar. its all about the money.

Yeah, it's still C.R.E.A.M., but at least our movement is like the fatal flyin' guillotine! Poisonous Paragraphs will smash the dev blogs in half like Inspecta Deck on the warpath!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I cannot promise I will be able to join the passive resistance fully, but I want to show my moral support, so here are some slogans to support you:
    Slap me once, shame on you,
    Slap me Twice, shame on me

Activate your Ablative Armor console for +500 passive resistance vs. face slaps!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited April 2014
    I cannot promise I will be able to join the passive resistance fully, but I want to show my moral support, so here are some slogans to support you:
    Slap me once, shame on you,
    Slap me Twice, shame on me

Activate your Ablative Armor console for +500 passive resistance vs. face slaps!

Oooooooooooooh. I really like those! I'm going to put your name down on our ever growing roster, but in pencil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • betaborgbetaborg Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do not see a problem in restricting players in their reputation passives. This game is too unbalanced and needs some adaption to the current powers and skills. Balancing is a central element in a MMO and should not be seen as a threat. Otherwise things just go crazy such as scimitars with 60k dps.

In other games powers are changed constantly with each update but in STO it takes years to change a simple skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally Posted by tacofangs
    I can develop the game just fine without visiting the forums.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Stop Nerfing Stuff!!!! Enough Said!! sad that there is 16 pages and no Dev comments. Do your job Cryptic... or should i say Craptic
    signature.png
    edited April 2014
    Oooooooooooooh. I really like those! I'm going to put your name down on our ever growing roster, but in pencil.

That is acceptable.

Some more, with mixed quality IMO:
    Do not nerf unto others as you wish to be nerfed yourself.
    Freedom (of Nerfs) or Death (of Grind)!
    We are the Players: Slaps in the Face are irrelevant. Your grind will be denied and your reputation gear will be dismantled.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I thought Gozer left Cryptic?? I've been gone for almost a year and come back to grind Rep, specifically Omega to complete some XI Sets I was working on pre-reputation system. I was sad to see them completely removing the mk X and XI sets from the game completely. I have a few characters with 1-2 pieces done.

I was gone the whole time "rep power creep" was added to the game. I'm just now spec'ing into some rep powers so I see where everyone is coming from. These are mighty long grinds to go through just to have them taken from you.

I don't blame anyone who feels slapped in the face or feels the need to slap back. But I will move on. It's just a reminder for me to never set up my PWE account to buy ZEN. I decided that when the first slap came - devaluing my "BEST" C-Store Ship purchase and moving the goal posts behind huge fleet grinds and more money. Just TRIBBLE it. Really irks me but w/e.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bshunter1 wrote: »
    People can say how great it is all they want. I call SHENANIGANS. Ive watched my dad play STO for years. He got me into playing it. I have seen perfect world break more things than they fixed. Ive seen them nerf so much stuff over and over. Now cause cry babies who don't know how to speck their tunes, or ships. We get our hard work stolen from us. My dad says progress means growth, improvement. Not the dumbing down of things to cater to those who are to lazy and stupid to learn how to get better. He also says You can polish a TRIBBLE until it shines but its still a TRIBBLE. I made an Alt for this reply cause he knows players who got their accounts banned for speaking their mind. No that is true cause even I saw the screenshots they posted as proof. Perfect World is not democratic. There is no freedom of speech here in the forums. The GMs don't care or look into anything unless its a bot report. Or some jimminee cricket tells on other players that find a way to benefit from the game even if its vanilla. Perfect World does not care about the players if they do this they are stealing every players hard work. The players are the customer, we spend our money here. Without us there is no Perfect World. My dad maybe an old TRIBBLE in the real world and in game, but I agree with him on this. He's earned his stripes in the real world and he earned his stripes in game. He is an Admiral in two fleets, and grinded out reps for almost 20 tunes. All that hard work will be stolen from him at the push of a button. He calls it unacceptable. You people at Perfect World are all liars, you are not improving the game you are trying to sell us a polished TRIBBLE. Then expecting us to eat it and like it. New players are stupid for trying to challenge a vet. So they cry to you and your answer is to punish the loyal players. My dad told me the fascist at perfect world will probably ban my account for speaking the truth. But the truth is the truth, we do not matter to them. Our opinion does not matter to them. They are predjudicial in there treatment of silver players. They do not care about how we feel about this theft of our efforts. His quote word for word. I may be 11 yrs old but I know this is wrong. I will not be spending one dollar more on STO or any game that perfect world makes, and I play a few of them. My dad has sent out a fleet wide mail to all members in both of his fleets. to stop all real world purchases for perfect world. He and I wil be telling all our friends not to spend another penny on perfect world. Because they will just nerf it or out right take it away. Between just the 2 of us that is over 500 players that will be boycotting perfect world. All that spend at least 50 bucks a month on STO alone. Then we will be spreading the word to games like NeverWinter and all the other games we play. My dad says to tell all of you that are mad about this to join the boycott, do not spend any money on this or any other perfect world game. That is all that matters to them is money. My dad says that Dumbing the game down for these worthless players is a betrayel to all of us who have as of now wasted our time learning and earning our way through the ranks and the reps. soon there will be an automatic pilot skill (what new rep system will that come out in/ or will it replace all of them so there is only one skill you need to get). All you have to do is log with your username, password, and a valid credit card. Then perfect world does the rest. "The game plays itself, what could be easier". No one ever loses, you never die, they never have to fix stuff that's broken, because it doesn't matter, they don't care. In my opinion the only thing perfect about perfect world is, how perfectly obvious it is that they don't care about me or you. By punishing and stealing from us for our loyalty. By betraying us with TRIBBLE like this instead of fixing things, and coming up with new stuff, better stuff, not the same O'l thing rehashed to death. (Space, ground, space). My dad taught me about stuff like the 10% rule in Infected space, the 5k rule when fighting Denatra, always remember to crouch with ranged weapons, If your going to private challenge someone. Fight for all your worth, if you die you die, learn from the loss and fix what is wrong. Be it load out, specks, or, in your thinking. Don't cry about it, just fix it. When your better go challenge them again and give it another try. But it looks like perfect world lives by the motto of. Don't fix it we'll just make more broken stuff. Release so called new stuff, then nerf the hell out of it. Let them grind all they want, we will just take it away later, and erase their hard work. To all you Devs pretending to be players and saying how great an idea this is. Your just trying to smooth over something that is a big TRIBBLE you to all of us long time loyal players. Fight the Power, Down with all Oppressors. Join the boycott against perfect world and don't spend money on STO. Lets all hit them in the wallet, They take our hard earned Reps from us. We take away from their bank accounts. Stop dumbing down games, Stop catering to the cry babies, Stop stealing from your loyal customers. Or you might lose your jobs. When the share holders ask where are the profits, and you don't have a good answer. Because your reason for doing this is like my dad says "unacceptable". Fight the Power, Boycott Zen, Boycott STO.

Grammar needs a little bit of work, punctuation is good, whole lot of wall of text, but otherwise I am with you kid. :D
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When I saw that they were revamping the rep system I threw my phone. Thank God for otter box. All that time and in some peoples cases money wasted. Are those people going to get a refund on bought dilithium? Because they clearly aren't getting what they paid for. The reasoning behind the change is balancing? Seriously? Because a new 50 can't compete with an old 50. Well there is an easy fix for the new 50s. Do the reps. I have been playing this game for a year and am still new and know to do the reps. If that is truly the argument then why have the rep system or even fleets at all? Why even level? I've seen multiple pages and threads of people angry about this. The last time I saw this many people mad about a game or consule the former ceo of xbox resigned and play station took lead in sales gaining many of the die hard xbox users. When in the end all they had to do was listen to their customers. And when they did it was to little to late. Listen to mass of people saying no to the rep revamp PWE.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I feel compelled to point out the tongue-in-cheek nature of most of the posts in this thread.

Not that there isn't a measure of protest going on.

But don't be so serious... Get Slap-Happy! :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • tarkil42#1357 tarkil42 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I appreciate their reasons for the new system and I think it's a good idea, but they took away too much from current powers. I say instead of 4 passive ground and 4 passive space, do 8 each, or even just 6. This prevents power creep in future expansions, but preserves the status quo for current players. Active powers could stay 4 probably. I do appreciate that we can change around personal traits now.
    edited April 2014
    betaborg wrote: »
    I do not see a problem in restricting players in their reputation passives. This game is too unbalanced and needs some adaption to the current powers and skills. Balancing is a central element in a MMO and should not be seen as a threat. Otherwise things just go crazy such as scimitars with 60k dps.

In other games powers are changed constantly with each update but in STO it takes years to change a simple skill.

You are right but also wrong, aahhh vulcan logic pffff.....

The game might be unbalanced and it need more balance but not only to end game gear. if you want to balance the game you have to rebalance all weapons to a point....

I'm a tac now I used plasma, I used phasers cannons and all the others. The best DPS is in the romulan weapons but for example the cutting beam is a wanna have but it doesn't do you any good there is almost no damage from it ....

This is from a fleet mate ship He tested it all but the normal Mk XII Purple is very bad, Borg set is reasonable. Honor guard and the fed one is terrible.
    They upgraded it so much times I think programing codes get scrambled or lost somewhere ....

Am I right Snugg ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    I thought Gozer left Cryptic?? I've been gone for almost a year and come back to grind Rep, specifically Omega to complete some XI Sets I was working on pre-reputation system. I was sad to see them completely removing the mk X and XI sets from the game completely. I have a few characters with 1-2 pieces done.

I was gone the whole time "rep power creep" was added to the game. I'm just now spec'ing into some rep powers so I see where everyone is coming from. These are mighty long grinds to go through just to have them taken from you.

I don't blame anyone who feels slapped in the face or feels the need to slap back. But I will move on. It's just a reminder for me to never set up my PWE account to buy ZEN. I decided that when the first slap came - devaluing my "BEST" C-Store Ship purchase and moving the goal posts behind huge fleet grinds and more money. Just TRIBBLE it. Really irks me but w/e.

Yes he left 2 years ago it was my vulcan logic that faild me to think he was still onboard, Captain Snugg request to leave my post to visit sickbay ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »

Never give up! Never surrender!
    They upgraded it so much times I think programing codes get scrambled or lost somewhere ....

Am I right Snugg ?

I do believe you're right.
    Yes he left 2 years ago it was my vulcan logic that faild me to think he was still onboard, Captain Snugg request to leave my post to visit sickbay ?

Permission granted. But on the way back you should pick up some jumja sticks for the bridge crew. They've been working hard on detecting nerf-forms with sensors set to max. They could use a tasty treat.

In regards to Gozer/Geko/Jaguars, I always get them mixed up. I know one of em still works for the company. Along with AdjunctEagle, who's sort of the Colonel Nathan R. Jessup of the dev team. I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I feel compelled to point out the tongue-in-cheek nature of most of the posts in this thread.

Like Captain snug said Neelix it's time to slap back and lay down our gear and go Original and not to ever grind again !!!

Slap 1. No Fleet starbase for small fleets
    Slap 2. No grinding ops or reduceing on prizes for small fleets
    Slap 3. They change something without refunding the users they want you to start from day 1 !!!
    Slap 4. They don't care about us players, but care about our wallets...

And so on, And we say now : We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    Like Captain snug said Neelix it's time to slap back and lay down our gear and go Original and not to ever grind again !!!

Slap 1. No Fleet starbase for small fleets
    Slap 2. No grinding ops or reduceing on prizes for small fleets
    Slap 3. They change something without refunding the users they want you to start from day 1 !!!
    Slap 4. They don't care about us players, but care about our wallets...

And so on, And we say now : We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done!
    Don't forget:
    "I will make them pay for what they've done, by passively resisting. Because passive resistance is NOT FUTILE!" (also, no ships were broken in this message.)
    edited April 2014
    Captain snug there is a message coming in on a starfleet distress channel,
    Captain I put it on private monitor ?
    Captain Snug : Now we are all together in this we shall see it all !!

To Captain Snugg,

We set up a fleet Starfleet renegades, we will renegade every operation known to us....
    We are then at your command are you up to lead this not only on the forums but also out there.
    Just like the early days like the maquis we can do to. Only this time not against Cardie's but against Feds, Klings, and Romies !!!

We will let them see you can fight a good fight !!!

End transmission.

Sir another comm came in, Snugg says : On screen !!

Message from Cryptic : Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created. But, now they are all with Cryptic.

End Transmission .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    Just watch this snugg !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjYkuJb40J0

See you around Ahab !!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    Captain Snugg against Cryptic just watch !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSqCJ-UGYns

This how it can end for one of us !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]