Install Arc
Options

Official feedback thread for the new Earth Space Dock

Comments

• Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Really? Are you sure about that? What ship carries submarines?

Most of these;
    http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/technology/vessels/vessels.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In regard to the 'fun' idea...

Think small and think flavor.

We're not going to get mini-games before ESD relaunches and after it relaunches I wouldn't expect to see them make any major changes for a good long while.

But little mini-missions would not be out of place. NOT boring 'Tour ESD' missions, those lose their charm very quickly. Just little vignettes that make ESD come alive, if you will. A few Easter Eggs here and there to give the place character that transcends pretty scenery.

I kind of liked the idea of security chasing down suspicious characters. But on the other hand social maps really need to keep any combat out of the picture, so I suspect we need to limit our expectations to character-development type dialogs.

For example, running into Helna or Amanda Barclay (or some well-known STO character) would be a cool touch.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »

We're not going to get mini-games before ESD relaunches and after it relaunches I wouldn't expect to see them make any major changes for a good long while.

But little mini-missions would not be out of place. NOT boring 'Tour ESD' missions, those lose their charm very quickly. Just little vignettes that make ESD come alive, if you will. A few Easter Eggs here and there to give the place character that transcends pretty scenery.

I kind of liked the idea of security chasing down suspicious characters. But on the other hand social maps really need to keep any combat out of the picture, so I suspect we need to limit our expectations to character-development type dialogs.

For example, running into Helna or Amanda Barclay (or some well-known STO character) would be a cool touch.

Still mostly something for RPers, I think. A vendor or DOFF contact would probably have the biggest draw, provided it has something useful to offer.
    That's not "fun" per se, but it draws interest.

Having the occassional NPC pop up with some interesting dialogue or story would certainly not hurt. RPers and achievement hunters might go after that (if there's some achievement associated with it).
    Foundry contacts might also help.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Starfleet Academy tailor now has the new ESD background. She should have an Academy background.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    iborg82iborg82 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    The plan was to update the visuals, make it more accessible and functional. Making it more "Fun" was not something we were really trying to accomplish.

What do you suggest?

After watching the live stream and seeing the corridor that with all the rooms (one of the lower levels I think was how it was described), could some of those rooms be hooked up as holodecks? Perhaps allowing a full party to enter and play a mission replay right from ESD?

It might draw some higher traffic to the second level and make it a more interesting place.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some nautical parlance regarding runabouts. They can range in size from a speedboat to a small ferry. They are boats (note: not ships) that are used for... "running about". (An easy way to tell the difference between a boat and a ship: Ships can carry boats; Boats can't carry ships)

In regards to the Star Trek universe, they are still considered small craft, with a longer range and can accommodate more personnel than standard shuttles (long-range shuttles, if you will). Most Danube sized craft are too large to fit within standard shuttlebay hangars and must dock externally (you could get one into a Constitution shuttlebay landing area, but that's the only thing that would fit in there (all other shuttles would need to be evacuated or stored in the maintenance bay)).

Technically a Runabout fully counts as a small starship and not a boat. This is confirmed as they all are USS vessels. No Runabout has another ship's designation or registration like shuttles do.

I would imagine that they count as some kind of light frigate. The DS9 tech manual which has a dubious reputation at best starts out saying that it is a true multi-role starship with engines and cargo capacity comparable to larger ships. Designed for rapid response scientific expidition deployment, to serve as a temporary base for scientific missions, cargo transport, and covert operations such as observation and intelligence gathering and asset extraction.
    The Danube-class was first commissioned by Starfleet in 2368 for use as a light multipurpose craft in situations that demanded a vessel more capable than a standard shuttlecraft, but lower profile than a full-sized starship. With this flexibility, a runabout could be utilized as a long-range personnel and cargo transport, an agile mobile defense platform, or a high-speed reconnaissance vehicle. (DS9: "Paradise")

And all submarines regardless of size are referred to as boats. Tradition can sometimes trump specifications.
    Note on the "range". In STO (the game) everyone can put a class X Warp core in a small craft and it can suddenly go warp 10 for as long as they want. In the Star Trek Universe however, smaller ships == smaller warp cores/engines == lower warp capacities (the TOS shuttles didn't even travel at warp, and no those nacelles weren't small warp drives). In addition, traveling at speed for any amount of time causes some wear and tear on systems. More wear and tear especially when exceeding the normal/cruising speed and pushing the engines to the max. Sure, the ENT-D could reach Warp 9.9, but it couldn't maintain that for very long without the ship flying apart. Here in STO, I don't think anyone travels at anything but maximum warp (or transwarp). Power may be plentiful in Star Trek, but it is still not unlimited. Runabouts/long-range shuttles should probably be able to reach star systems within the same sector within a reasonable amount of time (weeks), but actual starships would be much more efficient for long range travel. Standard shuttles really shouldn't be traveling much beyond the star system.

Well I'd say that range is a factor of fuel as much as speed.

If there's anything the last fifty years should have taught us it's that technology gets smaller. The Voyager is a far smaller ship than the Galaxy class and also far faster. The positively microscopic by comparison Defiant has the same top speed as a Galaxy class barring continued upgrades. The Prometheus class which is about the same size as the Intrepid is also faster than the Galaxy. The Danube has a top cruise of about warp 5, which while slow by modern standards is faster than the warp 5 of the top of the line Explorer the Enterprise NX-01 of two centuries prior and faster than the cruising speed of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B, C, or D) of a century prior.

So comparing TOS shuttles and their old impulse engines to the Type 11 shuttles and Runabouts of a century later isn't exactly fair.

All that said I agree, judging the speeds in the game vs the speeds in the series won't exactly yield correct answers.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For those who were complaining about the Bellophoron's Nacelle

https://twitter.com/Tumerboy/status/453198230172352514/photo/1

Happy now?
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Well I'd say that range is a factor of fuel as much as speed.

If there's anything the last fifty years should have taught us it's that technology gets smaller. The Voyager is a far smaller ship than the Galaxy class and also far faster. The positively microscopic by comparison Defiant has the same top speed as a Galaxy class barring continued upgrades. The Prometheus class which is about the same size as the Intrepid is also faster than the Galaxy. The Danube has a top cruise of about warp 5, which while slow by modern standards is faster than the warp 5 of the top of the line Explorer the Enterprise NX-01 of two centuries prior and faster than the cruising speed of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B, C, or D) of a century prior.

So comparing TOS shuttles and their old impulse engines to the Type 11 shuttles and Runabouts of a century later isn't exactly fair.

All that said I agree, judging the speeds in the game vs the speeds in the series won't exactly yield correct answers.

Range is much more than just fuel. It's also how far you can get to within a reasonable amount of time. When the TV series when they say that the Enterprise is the only ship in range, it's not the only ship in the area, it's not the only ship that can reach the situation, it may not even be the closest ship; it's the only ship that can get to the situation in time to do something about it.

It's also how long your crew/personnel can last. Ballistic Missile Subs may be able to stay under for much longer than their typical 6-month rotations, but they can only carry so much food and eventually even their CO2 scrubbers will run out of replacements, not to mention other equipment that needs constant maintenance and parts (or how long your crew can mentally stand to stay confined within tight spaces with each other). In Star Trek, replicators may relieve a lot of those issues, but while power to operate those replicators is relatively plentiful, it's still not unlimited and even those systems will eventually break down after extended use.

A Danube's cruising speed of Warp 5 is very much different than the top speed of the NX-01 at Warp 5. While a Danube can maintain Warp 5 for an extended period, the NX-01 could only maintain Warp 5 for a short period of time before flying apart at the seams or burning out the warp core or suffering some other malady. There is a huge difference between cruising speed and max speed that isn't represented in the game. There is no in-game consequence for constantly pushing your engines to the max for extended periods of time. It's no different than your automobile or any other vehicle: Sure, your 4-cylinder engine might be able to push your car to 150mph, but it can't stay at that speed for very long without something breaking. In nautical terms, a smaller ship may be able to accelerate and achieve higher speeds within a shorter amount of time, but giant aircraft carriers actually have a higher top speed and can maintain those speeds for a much much longer time, even when fuel is taken out of the equation (it just takes a while to get to speed, and also takes a while to decelerate as well)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Direphoenix's explanation is very accurate, a lot of people forget that in space it takes fuel to slow down too.

In space, no one can hear your breaks fail. :P
  • Options
    darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »

i could go for mini missions and minor stories. it would be good if there was a decently large pool of them for variety. the game suffers at time from limited variety. duty officer assignments has the same problem after a while. monotony sets in.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iborg82 wrote: »
    After watching the live stream and seeing the corridor that with all the rooms (one of the lower levels I think was how it was described), could some of those rooms be hooked up as holodecks? Perhaps allowing a full party to enter and play a mission replay right from ESD?

It might draw some higher traffic to the second level and make it a more interesting place.

As has been stated countless times, that corridor is set up for Foundry (user generated content) hookups. Players can create missions and attach map transitions to those doors. If they want to make their map represent a Holodeck, it's up to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2014
    As has been stated countless times, that corridor is set up for Foundry (user generated content) hookups. Players can create missions and attach map transitions to those doors. If they want to make their map represent a Holodeck, it's up to them.

Indeed. Although, one of the things we have asked for is the ability to start a mission from any holodeck in the game - essentially, you pick up the mission and can start it from any holodeck you come to, SFA, fleet starbase, ship interior, etc.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Indeed. Although, one of the things we have asked for is the ability to start a mission from any holodeck in the game - essentially, you pick up the mission and can start it from any holodeck you come to, SFA, fleet starbase, ship interior, etc.

That would be nice~
  • Options
    mli777mli777 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Folks, I discovered probably one of the few references to the Activision games.

The Sovereign-Class starship flying around spacedock is none other than U.S.S. Sovereign, registration NCC-73811, as in the same Sovereign we commanded in Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Check the holographic ESD display in the office area to see for yourselves! :cool:

P.S: So is U.S.S. Geronimo, NCC-69302
    USS Canada
    N.C.C. 171867
    Sovereign Class
    Saint John Fleet Yard
    "A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Range is much more than just fuel. It's also how far you can get to within a reasonable amount of time. When the TV series when they say that the Enterprise is the only ship in range, it's not the only ship in the area, it's not the only ship that can reach the situation, it may not even be the closest ship; it's the only ship that can get to the situation in time to do something about it.
    I said "Range is a factor of fuel as much as speed".

AS MUCH.

In short I already agreed with this I just didn't feel it was worth elaboration. As you clearly understand.

One thing you didn't mention is that higher speeds burn more fuel so there is a point where your range will be capped off by your fuel due to how much fuel you burn traveling at high speed. That said Star Trek has treated it as an insignificant minutiae not worth ever displaying on screen to show starships refueling.
    It's also how long your crew/personnel can last. Ballistic Missile Subs may be able to stay under for much longer than their typical 6-month rotations, but they can only carry so much food and eventually even their CO2 scrubbers will run out of replacements, not to mention other equipment that needs constant maintenance and parts (or how long your crew can mentally stand to stay confined within tight spaces with each other). In Star Trek, replicators may relieve a lot of those issues, but while power to operate those replicators is relatively plentiful, it's still not unlimited and even those systems will eventually break down after extended use.
    Well yeah.

The Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) is designed to go for seven to twenty years if it had to. Voyager had drama about the ship's resources precisely because it WASN'T a Galaxy class. The Galaxy is designed purposefully for long distance long duration missions without Starfleet support. An Intrepid is most decidedly not.

And the Defiant has a normal mission duration profile that is described in weeks and months not years.
    A Danube's cruising speed of Warp 5 is very much different than the top speed of the NX-01 at Warp 5. While a Danube can maintain Warp 5 for an extended period, the NX-01 could only maintain Warp 5 for a short period of time before flying apart at the seams or burning out the warp core or suffering some other malady. There is a huge difference between cruising speed and max speed that isn't represented in the game. There is no in-game consequence for constantly pushing your engines to the max for extended periods of time. It's no different than your automobile or any other vehicle: Sure, your 4-cylinder engine might be able to push your car to 150mph, but it can't stay at that speed for very long without something breaking. In nautical terms, a smaller ship may be able to accelerate and achieve higher speeds within a shorter amount of time, but giant aircraft carriers actually have a higher top speed and can maintain those speeds for a much much longer time, even when fuel is taken out of the equation (it just takes a while to get to speed, and also takes a while to decelerate as well)

That is essentially exactly what I said.

And you forgot that the NX-01 operated on the Original Cochrane Unit Warp scale versus the Danube which operates on the modern Modified Cochrane Unit Warp scale a difference of 125c and 213c. The Danube's warp five is literally faster.

And I know all about a Carrier I served on one.
    Direphoenix's explanation is very accurate, a lot of people forget that in space it takes fuel to slow down too.

In space, no one can hear your breaks fail. :P
    That does not hold true for Warp Drives. Warp Drive is a non-Newtonian propulsion method, the ship inside of the warp field is traveling at zero, the warp field is what is moving. Thus in order for the ship to slow down all that is required is to reduce the frequency of the warp field to stop you just deactivate it.
    mli777 wrote: »

The Sovereign-Class starship flying around spacedock is none other than U.S.S. Sovereign, registration NCC-73811, as in the same Sovereign we commanded in Star Trek: Bridge Commander. Check the holographic ESD display in the office area to see for yourselves! :cool:

The class lead. Nice to see it's a live and kicking. The USS Galaxy and Intrepid are also both around I think. It's nice to know that class prototypes are as lucky as ships called Enterprise.

And seriously they need to fix that for next year's First Contact Day, it's pretty bad to see USS Odyssey (NCC-1701-F).
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mli777 wrote: »

Which is funny when you consider in the production notes for "First Contact" Michael Okuda said the registry for the Sovereign would be around the 75000 range.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Could we get this back on topic please?

Going to update a few of previous mentions;

Pag the Ferengi is missing, as far as i know. He was at the lounge but is no longer there.

Water appears green rather than clear or bluish.

There is a very shifty Romulan near Quinn, since he has no purpose and Quinns Office is overcrowded perhaps he should be removed.

There is a pad on the floor below Quinns desk.

Turbolift when returning to the main deck kicks you several meters out of the lift rather than spawning you in it.

Could a handful of Cadets be added near the shuttlebay as if waiting for the next available trip down?

The central spire in the dock needs a few touches to distinguish the column from the spokes, the colour of light strip at the top of the spokes looks off. Can a few more spotlights be added, some appear to be missing.

The Regent in the Dock is in need of the Type 6 Skin.

Notes on ESD Space have been made here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I said "Range is a factor of fuel as much as speed".

AS MUCH.

In short I already agreed with this I just didn't feel it was worth elaboration. As you clearly understand.

One thing you didn't mention is
    The Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) is designed to go for seven to twenty years if it had to. Voyager had drama about the ship's resources precisely because it WASN'T a Galaxy class.
    You spelled "Galactica" wrong.

I remember a Voyager that lost countless of shuttles and used up more than double or triple its contingent of photon torpedoes. They had no resource problem drama.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having been running around old ESD on holodeck after experiencing the new hotness on tribble, old ESD sucks. So, thanks to the whole art team that was involved with the revamp! It can't get here soon enough!
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Taco stick the Exeter in there somewhere /nod
  • Options
    warchild9962warchild9962 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just recently saw the changes in ESD and was amazed... I didn't even see the flaws others have pointed out I was just taken back.

But with all it's glory... I'd still like to see either a CUT SCENE for Docking... with Tractor beams grabbing our ships as we approach the outer door and then pulling us in. If the mechanics for showing our ships coming completely into space dock... then as the ship is pulled through the doors viewing from the outside, a cut scene with our View Screen comes up showing the inside as it might appear as we're guided to our docking port.

Ship purchases and Customizations should also have a cut scene showing our ships coming out of Dry dock, Utopia, or just out of space dock in general. It might even be fun to have a cut scene with our toons meeting with the former Ship captain on the gangway performing the "Reporting to Relieve you" "I stand relieved!"

Of course both of these ideas would need to come with an override or Skip feature for those who tire of those bits of role play!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Earth is 3D Again. I think the Model is larger then the Holodeck one

http://puu.sh/81uGU.jpg

Bug Report:

http://puu.sh/81vyN.jpg

There are 2 NPCs in the back there that are right on the max render distance line so they're transparent. I have everything maxed in Graphics.
  • Options
    pfreemanpfreeman Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are still a number of pathing issues with the NPCs wanderng around. This area in particular is extremely bad. I've drawn the paths I've seen NPCs use on the map here:
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-47-28.jpg~original
    The NPC at the console here got there by walking thru the water feature (blue arrow).
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-39-59.jpg~original
    This science officer started to walk over the wall then decided not to (green arrow).
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-45-17.jpg~original

There is a reflection of a Starfleet symbol in the window outside the exchange on the shuttlebay side, yet no symbol.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-22-53.jpg~original

There is something odd ontop of this Thunderchild.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-28-26.jpg~original

Could we give this NPC something to do? She looks almost manequin-like standing there.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-23-56.jpg~original

I like the two twins in the shipyard chatting, however they can also be caught typing on invisible consoles.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-49-06.jpg~original

And you can get stuck in the window outside Club 47. The only way to get unstuck from here is to beam out & back in.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-50-52.jpg~original

peter

Forgot some, these don't have (or need) screenshots.
    There is a male who makes the announcement "Condition Alpha, repeat" but he then doesn't repeat.

I caught a slight nod to the movie Airplane! There is an announcement saying "The red zone is for loading and unloading only."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pfreeman wrote: »
    And you can get stuck in the window outside Club 47. The only way to get unstuck from here is to beam out & back in.
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/PerRock/Star%20Trek/STO/Tribble-ESD/Part%206/screenshot_2014-04-08-21-50-52.jpg~original

I did that today. Got stuck too. But I used the /stuck command and it got me unstuck. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Voyager did have resource problems from replicator rationing, creating a full on hydroponics bay to grow more food, to having to trade and barter to get essential components. They couldn't make it a major issue every single episode as it was a new ship, but they did bring it up every now and then. The construction of the Delta Flyer was something that took much consideration due to the lack of resources. And building it was authorized in order to retrieve a specialized probe that they also couldn't easily replace.
    valiant797 wrote: »
    Having been running around old ESD on holodeck after experiencing the new hotness on tribble, old ESD sucks. So, thanks to the whole art team that was involved with the revamp! It can't get here soon enough!
    It is jarring. But it's only a month away.
    I just recently saw the changes in ESD and was amazed... I didn't even see the flaws others have pointed out I was just taken back.

But with all it's glory... I'd still like to see either a CUT SCENE for Docking... with Tractor beams grabbing our ships as we approach the outer door and then pulling us in. If the mechanics for showing our ships coming completely into space dock... then as the ship is pulled through the doors viewing from the outside, a cut scene with our View Screen comes up showing the inside as it might appear as we're guided to our docking port.

Ship purchases and Customizations should also have a cut scene showing our ships coming out of Dry dock, Utopia, or just out of space dock in general. It might even be fun to have a cut scene with our toons meeting with the former Ship captain on the gangway performing the "Reporting to Relieve you" "I stand relieved!"

Of course both of these ideas would need to come with an override or Skip feature for those who tire of those bits of role play!

Yeah, but Spacedock doesn't use tractor beams to pull you in. You shift over your helm to remote control and the dockmaster flies you in. That said a view screen view would be nice as we enter the space doors. But again that's one of those animated loading screens that's been discussed.
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Earth is 3D Again. I think the Model is larger then the Holodeck one

http://puu.sh/81uGU.jpg

Bug Report:

http://puu.sh/81vyN.jpg

There are 2 NPCs in the back there that are right on the max render distance line so they're transparent. I have everything maxed in Graphics.

That is a shocker. I'll have to check that out, but I do appreciate the change it looks good. I'm sorry to say the old one was pretty dark. I think they've achieved a nice balance, I'll be logging in to see it first hand tomorrow.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I forgot to ask if collision can be removed from both the open and closed surgical frames. as attached to the biobeds, found in the Infirmary? Choosing the Sleeping emote has us lying over the bed. In the air. Over the surgical frame. To line up with character head on the pillow we need to be standing, roughly, upon the center of the bed itself. But we can only stand or lie down over the bed. Not on it.

I like the new maps in Admiral Quinn's office.

I like the new chairs found in the open meeting room. The room is no longer quite so cluttered as it was with the previous lounge seating.

Will the Transporter Chiefs dialogue regarding ESD get a pass before the push to Holodeck? He still tells that Club 47 is to our left. Which is the case for old ESD. It will be found at our right. Up the ramp.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)