test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Typhoon Class

Comments

• killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm so ready for all of this to be in game already.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do wish that they Omega sets came with some new wrist pieces, but I guess the Harvester ones will be close enough
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I'm a costume fiend. I'm all for more customization.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm a costume fiend. I'm all for more customization.

As am I. After completing nearly everything in the game at least once, you start to focus more on the trivial things, like making yourself look as badass as possible.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I'm still running around in my Sierra 1 uniform even after they released the Odyssey variants. Its been my main uniform since I started. But I got 6 other slots right now to play with. I've got a Tactical Odyssey set up with one of the Engie backpacks for some serious ground excursions, but I think it would look better with an actual backpack. Might even trade the Odyssey Tactical for Enterprise era MACO camo.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited August 2014
    I'm still running around in my Sierra 1 uniform even after they released the Odyssey variants. Its been my main uniform since I started. But I got 6 other slots right now to play with. I've got a Tactical Odyssey set up with one of the Engie backpacks for some serious ground excursions, but I think it would look better with an actual backpack. Might even trade the Odyssey Tactical for Enterprise era MACO camo.

I've had a heyday with these new Odyssey uniforms and the release of kit pieces in the Tailor. I particularly like the Odyssey Tactical uniform, except for the tight pants (I use WoK pants with Bulky 2 boots, still works with the pockets). My standard away team uses the darker brown color line while my other officers use the standard black/gray line. My engineer is kitted up with a harness and backpack, and my tactical officer has small pieces of armor here and there. For the metal parts of the uniform, my officers all have silver where I have gold (flag rank does come with an advantage or two).

If those MACO uniforms do come out, I'll have to rethink my away team uniforms. I can't deny them a good camouflage combat uniform.
    edited August 2014
    Seriously, though. 30 pages and no comment whatsoever. All of these assets, the rep armor variants and the MACO uniform, are now in tribble/the foundry. Why can't they just get bumped to holodeck already?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously, though. 30 pages and no comment whatsoever. All of these assets, the rep armor variants and the MACO uniform, are now in tribble/the foundry. Why can't they just get bumped to holodeck already?

Point of order, what we gained in the update on August 14 is the MACO armor that's available in-game from the rep system.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited August 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Point of order, what we gained in the update on August 14 is the MACO armor that's available in-game from the rep system.

It's my understanding from the post I've quoted below that the reaper, quietus, and other missing/incomplete variants are currently available to players not on holodeck.
    adverbero wrote: »
    These ALL showed up on tribble in the foundry, Rest assured they are in the game and work, I tested out the Omega Force "Quietus" Armor and the 4 variants of the Honor Guard armor yesterday

Heres a screen shot of the Foundry costume editor for you http://chaos-sandwhich.deviantart.com/art/TO-Quietus-Omega-Force-Armor-474214367

So I'm taking from your post, starsword, that those variants still aren't available on the holodeck foundry?

I'm just frustrated that we have these finished assets sitting in the tribble and the tribble foundry, the ENT Maco uniforms and the missing rep uniforms, all complete and apparently functional, but not able to be used by the players who would like to use them. What are they waiting for?
    edited August 2014
    I saw all of those armor sets on the Tribble Foundry, but I haven't been on Holodeck Foundry in quite a while. I don't think they are on the main server, because they haven't been released in the game yet. I also didn't check uniforms to see if the Enterprise MACO was in the list of Foundry outfits on Tribble, so if someone could confirm or deny that, that'd be great.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maco maco maco!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i still wont this outfit in the c-store + more skirts for my rom/kdf
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    enoemg wrote: »
    I saw all of those armor sets on the Tribble Foundry, but I haven't been on Holodeck Foundry in quite a while. I don't think they are on the main server, because they haven't been released in the game yet. I also didn't check uniforms to see if the Enterprise MACO was in the list of Foundry outfits on Tribble, so if someone could confirm or deny that, that'd be great.

It's not :(.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's not :(.

That's unfortunate. That seems to be the place that we'll see it before it gets released. Keep an eye on Tribble's Foundry up to the release of Delta Rising, I have a feeling that we'll see some more C-Store uniforms.
    edited August 2014
    Dev... why you no take my money?!

yEZNvvS.jpg
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited September 2014
    So... shiny...
  • sway82sway82 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't wait to get the MACO uniform. Said it once and will say it again ... TAKE MA ZEN NAU CRYPTIC!!! :D
  • zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Why don't we start something to make them aware we want the MACO?

Also I heard that they made it but diden't finish the uniform. If they want to get a good look at a Maco uniform I have 2 screen used ones from Enterprise.
    :D
    edited September 2014
    I think this thread is showing we want MACO. lol
    edited September 2014
    I think this thread is showing we want MACO. lol

If it isn't, I don't know what will.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking at screenshots posted of the Enterprise M.A.C.O. outfit it looks cool and I too would like to have it.

But more importantly I would like Cryptic to be transparent as to why we can't have it if there is a reason. You know, like how they keep saying CBS won't allow a T5 connie?
    edited September 2014
    We need the dam outfit devs!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • garvesnekanogarvesnekano Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think this outfit wont get ut into the game untill its put in the c-store thread....which i would have no second thoughts on paying for it in a heart beat
    edited September 2014
    I think this outfit wont get ut into the game untill its put in the c-store thread....which i would have no second thoughts on paying for it in a heart beat

This thread was originally in there, it got moved here.

That being said, if someone wants to make a thread about how much would X outfit cost, or something C-store related... by all means.

For the Maco outfit!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited September 2014
    MACO outfit would cost 550 Zen, just like all the other outfits.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want all my ground-pounders in the MACO uniforms!

Don't get me wrong, Starfleet Tactical uniforms are great, but I want some grunts to jack up the Borg with!
    edited September 2014
    ...But more importantly I would like Cryptic to be transparent as to why we can't have it if there is a reason. You know, like how they keep saying CBS won't allow a T5 connie?

That's my biggest frustration at this point.

It's already there, and there's a clear demand. What's the issue?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's my biggest frustration at this point.

It's already there, and there's a clear demand. What's the issue?

Dstahl gave a non-answer a very long time ago about how they sometimes keep art assets on hold for a variety of reasons, until they decide to 'revisit' them or some such.

I don't want to say it's CBS on this one. Given Dstahl's fidgety response, I really want to say this is more of a marketing decision.

I think they're holding onto the MACO outfit until the right time window to release it, which is also why Cryptic has been noticably quiet on the topic. Marketing is keeping them locked down from responding.

Part of me also thinks they keep a stash of said costumes and other assets for emergencies. Say there's a lull in sales or whatever, but they're still working on something big -- they throw the MACO outfit (or whatever) to us as a bone to keep us temporarily distracted while something bigger comes along.

But that's just pure speculation on my part.

I'd be more than happy to be taken to task and corrected if someone at Cryptic wants to respond.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited September 2014
    It's you isn't it? Those dam Iconians took them. They know we can't defeat them in the Seirrea or Jupiter uniforms.... they took out Enterprise Maco outfits!!!!!

How can we defeat them if we can't look completely bad TRIBBLE at the same time?!

I mean look at this....

Bad TRIBBLE Mode: On

Bad TRIBBLE Mode: Off
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited September 2014
    As soon as I get Enterprise MACO... you want to know what I'll blast?
    This!