test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Aye. At this point, the only thing amusing about it at all (and that only in a really twisted way) was his continued insistence "but you don't know the whole story yet."

The irony is that the more I hear about this story, the less I like it.

If someone would just come out and say that Cryptic/PWE were on the brink of bankruptcy, that might make me more accepting of the situation. But not by much.

In the off chance he's reading this; Bran - what is the whole story?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vet ships gets a shield and aux power bonus when in regen mode and you have a bonus to you shield systems skill. it's more then just changing from the inversion beam to the lotus.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ziggyds wrote: »
    the 10th console prolly tac?

Its a 3 set, so all of the above. Extra-tac, extra-sci, and extra-eng versions.
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    They're making you grind for a 4 set bonus.

This kind of force grind to make your 5000 zen ship worth wile make me real sick.

The way they transform the star trek online holiday to a grind-fest is ready disappointing.

And the fact that you need to grind the episode 6x times to get both lobi EV suits at the expense of 100 lobi. Do I need to say more, don't think so.

This all make me angry and sad. I think I am gone ignore the hole event.

Cryptic: Remember this kind of Event grinding is braking up Fleets. After every grind event people disappear to comeback to be even less social than they were before the event and before they can recuperate from the last event there is yet a other event to suck out the social activity. I have a social chat with over 300 members, but at the busiest times we still need to push people to get active in chatting and playing. If this kind of event continue, I wont have (as fleet and social leader) anything to run and that make me again angry and sad.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    The Secondary Deflector item is only available on the grinded ships. The ones in the C-store seem to have their own 3-console sets, akin to the Vesta and the Bortasqu.

The C-store ships each come with a console like all the "3-pack" ships. The consoles plus the Anniversary Work Detail Ship's Secondary Deflector, all installed on a C-store ship, gain you another 4-piece set bonus:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1086771
    Dev Blog wrote:
    Equip all 3 consoles on one of the upcoming, C-Store Dyson Science Destroyer variants, in addition to the secondary deflector found on the anniversary version, to gain access to another, special 4-piece set bonus.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    >Grind for a 9 console ship.
    >Three 50$ bundles coming next month with upgraded 10 console ships.
    >Only the anniversary version has the unique 4th set piece Warp/Singularity Core.

So grind and pay, or just pay straight out (Lobi + Zen) if you don't want to grind...

Cryptic Studios - officially sucking out fun out of their game for every bit of profit since 2014*.

* - I'd say 2012, but let's be fair, they've got to make money in some way. It's just that this time they've just went too far with the greed.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Er, no. The set Secondary Deflector item is a reward for one pass through the Featured Episode. Same for the impulse engine and shield. The Warp Core can only be obtained by grinding the "free" <PTUI!> version of the ship in the Anniversary Work Detail.

You get a normal deflector from the FE, not the secondary deflector. Secondary deflector is a different item.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1086201
    edited January 2014
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    You get a normal deflector from the FE, not the secondary deflector. Secondary deflector is a different item.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1086201

Whoops. Correct.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I havent seen anything yet to convince me that these ships wont be awful. The 4th fore weapon is proton, which means having to grind for a bunch of dyson rep gear to get anything out of it, and then the rest of your equipment will suck because of the nerf from the consoles. A sci ship that does no damage? Already got those...

I want to see the warp core stats. If the cores are nice I will grind the dailies to get them, otherwise I dont see a reason to mess with it.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, almost 69,ooo views to this thread.

It's less than a week old.

If you go through the pages of threads on the forum, you wont find another thread with more views on the first ten. Including stickied topics.

The last post we had from a dev was #643.

I think that this thread has got to the point where some sort of official reply or acknowledgement should be forthcoming.

I'm sure people are busy, possibly figuring out how to get us to buy tokens to look in our inventories, but a short note to tell us that you're listening to our feddback very carefully and, as carefully, continuing to ignore it would be most welcome.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »

If you go through the pages of threads on the forum, you wont find another thread with more views on the first ten. Including stickied topics.

I think that this thread has got to the point where some sort of official reply or acknowledgement should be forthcoming.

I'm sure people are busy, possibly figuring out how to get us to buy tokens to look in our inventories, but a short note to tell us that you're listening to our feddback very carefully and, as carefully, continuing to ignore it would be most welcome.
    Relax. They've said they're reading this thread so there's really no need to repeat that. The fact that they didn't change anything they've had prepared for this year's anniversary doesn't mean they don't consider the overall feedback.

We'll just have to wait and see if they ever make the same mistake again.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014

when do they ever tell us when they're lurking? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Relax. They've said they're reading this thread so there's really no need to repeat that. The fact that they didn't change anything they've had prepared for this year's anniversary doesn't mean they don't consider the overall feedback.

We'll just have to wait and see if they ever make the same mistake again.

I'd settle for an acknowledgement that there's an issue.

So far, all we've got from them is sunshine and unicorns.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014

They can't make a reply. That would weaken their position.

Expect silent solidarity on this issue.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Too much grind, not sure if I want it. My Klink sci will probably still use a B'rel and Korath more anyway. At least it will make the OP use a different ship and stop trying to kill me with that annoying transphasic T'varo, lol.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I havent seen anything yet to convince me that these ships wont be awful. The 4th fore weapon is proton, which means having to grind for a bunch of dyson rep gear to get anything out of it, and then the rest of your equipment will suck because of the nerf from the consoles. A sci ship that does no damage? Already got those...

I want to see the warp core stats. If the cores are nice I will grind the dailies to get them, otherwise I dont see a reason to mess with it.

The point of sci ships is not damage. Frankly, until they release the secondary deflector to all other sci ships, this will the best drain ship you can get in the game. Not because of overall drain (until there is a 5 sci console one, if there is one) but because of the added effect to drain sci boff powers.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I say we keep this thread on topic.. the thread isn't about what the ship is or isn't.. it is about the grind in game, and the fact that the only thank you event to us, has been turned into a money/grind event..

weather the ship has 2 consoles, or 40, weather it is a sci ship destroyer, or a destroyer sci ship, or even what its boff layout is really doesn't matter..

if we get off subject and start rambling about the ship itself, instead of the actual topic, than cryptic will view that as a sign that we are falling into compliance with them.. keep driving the point home, and hopefully something will start to change..

as far as the grind goes, I cant believe that they are already saying, grind up x,y,and z, but nope, that's not it.. then buy lobi, and upgrade them... ridiculous..

cryptic is doing their best to pretend this thread doesn't exist.. look at the lack of any kind of "real" acknowledgement, or gekkos fluff off of the topic.. they really don't care..

the best thing people can do is not grind the ship, and not buy it when it hits the store.. (I know that's asking a lot, but if you don't make your stand here, then when, where, how?) the only way cryptic and pwe are gonna hear us is if their pockets start to suffer..

I can easily say, as a star trek fan, that this is the worst ive ever been treated when dealing with anything from the franchise. normally the games are very good, and well built. when I go to conventions, they typically go out of their way to accommodate the fan. the star trek experience was fantastic, and again, went out of their way to accommodate the fan. Christ, even diamond select re made half their models to address the issues fans had with them, and re released them. I can honestly say, that as a major trekkie, this has been my worst star trek experience overall. and as a gamer, the only reason (I repeat, only reason) I stay is because this somewhat star trek.. I tried and quit both champions and neverwinter as the cryptic engine doesn't really make for good game creation. (and I play other games in those genre's ).

I for one am a disenchanted trek fan in this game.. and being that my birthday is right around the corner, I had planned on spending some extra money on the game (to unlock some bank spaces, and get some lobi for some consoles), but after hearing about this anniversary shinannigans, I took my money and put it into Rift (spent it a week early, as not to be tempted to spend it here.) depending on how this is handled, and how the game is designed going forward, will determine if I become a free to play loafer (with a lifetime sub.) or if I actually put anymore money into the game..
  • funkfantasticfunkfantastic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As a long time player i must say with quite some sadness that this move dosent surprise me. I had a hunch since the announcement of Dstahl's departure to a new undisclosed project, that Cryptic would ramp up the money squeeze to the absurd. Considering Cryptic only deals in MMO development i would throw my 2 cents on the table and say that Stahl is gonna lead the development of a new Cryptic MMO. Development of mmo's are costly affairs and tbh i would guess they need substantial resources from their existing games to pull it off when also paying a good chunk of their combined cake to line Perfect Worlds pockets.

All in all i think this is only the tip of the iceberg to come and that is properly also why there hasen't been any official comment in this thread yet.

Ofcause this is pure speculation :cool:
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The story that the anniversary ship isn't going to be a giveaway but a grind leaks, the community has a collective meltdown and now that it's confirmed, surprise surprise we have a week long C-store giveaway event. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math, they know they screwed the pooch and are trying to bail themselves out of an anniversary event PR blunder with the C-store event.
    I don't mind the grind so much as mind it being dailies, I would rather just grind away as quickly as I can and get it over with than have it dragged out for 15 friggin days, it's the daily part that is making me think of passing on the ships, waiting for if and when they show up in the C-store and if and when they have all the bugs worked out of them by then.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Going to skip the grind and go straight for the bundle. I would do one or the other, but the bundle has more value to me.

So I miss out on the second deflector, I will just pick one up when they go fully live....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Grinding has only ever been an acceptable device as an alternative as paying. The Dev-blog regarding the future 3-packs (as predicted would be coming) very clearly, to the point of highlighting it specifically, tell us that if you don't grind this version, you can't get the most out of the future C-store purchase if you want it.

This Anniversary really has set precidence, after all...
    "Players will be able to earn Qmendations up until Server Maintenance on February 27th, 2014. Be sure to complete your Dyson Hybrid Ship Project before this day comes, or you may have to wait an entire year before you can claim it!"
    This Grindaversary will be returning next year, they full well intend to keep forcing us to grind. Even worse is that it has proven to not be simple a case of forcing Grind or Pay, but it is now evolving into Grind and Pay. STO is officially graduating into Eastern Grinder MMO status with this corruption of the Anniversary event.

If such is the future of STO, I do not want to see it reach a 5th Anniversary. Death would be a mercy to the twisted shade of itself it is being turned into.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bran claimed those ships were so powerful we had to grind, and can't be offered for free.
    Yet, they are are less powerful than a 3pack ship coming to the Cstore (10consoles ship).
    So, what's the difference with the Odyssey ?

All I see is another quick money grab. Cstore ship, lobi store upgrade, lobi Qmmendation.

Cryptic seems to forget what the spirit of the anniversary should be (IE a way to celebrate another year, and to thanks the players for it). What's next ? A SWTOR like anniversary/Christmas, where the player have fireworks for free, and everything else in the cash shop ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    weather the ship has 2 consoles, or 40, weather it is a sci ship destroyer, or a destroyer sci ship, or even what its boff layout is really doesn't matter..

if we get off subject and start rambling about the ship itself, instead of the actual topic, than cryptic will view that as a sign that we are falling into compliance with them..

The thread didn't go off-topic.

The moderators merged at least two, if not more, threads about the ships into it thus dragging it off-topic and making it look as if we're falling into compliance with...hey, wait a minute...I smell a rat here. :eek:
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Bran claimed those ships were so powerful we had to grind, and can't be offered for free.
    Yet, they are are less powerful than a 3pack ship coming to the Cstore (10consoles ship).
    So, what's the difference with the Odyssey ?

All I see is another quick money grab. Cstore ship, lobi store upgrade, lobi Qmmendation.

Cryptic seems to forget what the spirit of the anniversary should be (IE a way to celebrate another year, and to thanks the players for it). What's next ? A SWTOR like anniversary/Christmas, where the player have fireworks for free, and everything else in the cash shop ?
    Either they think the gimmick is that powerful, or the 2 4 set bonuses (one with the warp core/FE rewards, one with the C-store ships) are going to be so OP that it will make them worth the grind.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The thread didn't go off-topic.

The moderators merged at least two, if not more, threads about the ships into it thus dragging it off-topic and making it look as if we're falling into compliance with...hey, wait a minute...I smell a rat here. :eek:

unacceptable, they should only be merging threads with similier topics... gotta love smoke and mirrors... lol..
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    unacceptable, they should only be merging threads with similier topics... gotta love smoke and mirrors... lol..

They don't actually want to hear it, nor do they want people displeased with this year's start to have posts dominate the front page to remind them. So they just have the mods stuff all of the threads remotely related to the 4th Anniversary hogwash protests into one for consolidation. A universal 'we can just ignore it and it will go away eventually' thread for their enjoyment.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Going to skip the grind and go straight for the bundle. I would do one or the other, but the bundle has more value to me.

So I miss out on the second deflector, I will just pick one up when they go fully live....
    I'm going to do the grind, even if I dislike having to play a grindversary.
    However, I'm not sure I'll buy the pack. I have only 1 char interested by sci ship (or whatever they want to call them), and I already have the Vesta and the Wells for her. It will be difficult to do better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    I'm going to do the grind, even if I dislike having to play a grindversary.
    However, I'm not sure I'll buy the pack. I have only 1 char interested by sci ship (or whatever they want to call them), and I already have the Vesta and the Wells for her. It will be difficult to do better.

Sounds good, plus both of those ships will get the dual deflector update as well, eventually. :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    >Grind for a 9 console ship.
    >Three 50$ bundles coming next month with upgraded 10 console ships.
    >Only the anniversary version has the unique 4th set piece Warp/Singularity Core.

So grind and pay, or just pay straight out (Lobi + Zen) if you don't want to grind...

Cryptic Studios - officially sucking out fun out of their game for every bit of profit since 2014*.

* - I'd say 2012, but let's be fair, they've got to make money in some way. It's just that this time they've just went too far with the greed.

This is kind of my feeling on this issue after learning the new info has well.

So in order to get the most out of the new Science Destroyers we'll have no real choice but to do the Grind/Lobi version for the 4th set bonus piece and then buy the C-Store version has well.

Talk about a major double dip :eek:

This kind makes Captain Geko look really shady after all that junk he spouted off about the Science Destroyer only having 9 consoles because it had so much going for it already in the Priority One Interview.

Never once did he mention that there would be a C-Store version coming :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I might, do it for one character, operative word; might, depending on how fun the quest actually is. No ship is so powerful that it can out fly the nerfbat and I have a life, so I'm not going to grind too hard, I just need to decide which Character I want to get this ship for, maybe My Klingon, he's been feeling a bit unloved of late.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC