test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 4-yr Ann. Event (was: Enjoy another rep for anniversary ships *post #30 & #643*)

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kandorous wrote: »
    why did this happen
    Greed + our wallet + need to add cheap content = Grindversary.

Hope this help !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They are dragging it out for 15 days while offering a Lobi shortcut because they know that a great many people will spend money on the shortcut, in fact I suspect that is what they are hoping for and that leaves me with a very bad taste in my mouth.
    I expect we'll see a bunch of these ships flying around within hours of the start of this event, I don't begrudge people getting them that way, it's their money and if it gives them pleasure, who cares how they spend it.
    This could have been done differently, give away the ship in the original quest, then have the grind missions for all the goodies that go in it to make it really cool. Just like the Dyson rep for equipping a ship with Dyson gear, that would have kept the ship true to the spirit of an anniversary ship, while still having the grind to fully equip it.

So that's it then, The Anniversary Event is no longer a Thank You to the community but instead just another marketing scheme and community loyalty has no value unless a dollar sign can be attached to it, well one already knew this to be true but it needn't have been made so blatantly obvious.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Greed + our wallet + need to add cheap content = Grindversary.

Hope this help !

but it didn't have to be like this
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    So that's it then, The Anniversary Event is no longer a Thank You to the community but instead just another marketing scheme and community loyalty has no value unless a dollar sign can be attached to it, well one already knew this to be true but it needn't have been made so blatantly obvious.

It really is ridiculous that they're attempting to pull this, yet they're still advertising it as a free ship. This whole thing just shows how bad this company is getting, where they refuse to fix issues, but keep trying to squeeze the money out of people.

If it were one or the other, i could see this being less of an issue, but since they've made impossible to get the Full Dyson Set withouth: a 15 day grind minimum, per character, PLUS buying a $50 C-Store bundle ($50 per faction)....

That's just going too far. It really does show just how little cryptic thinks of it's players, and that opinion just isn't very high.

Does this mean we need to start calling Borticus Rinzler instead of Tron?
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it were one or the other, i could see this being less of an issue, but since they've made impossible to get the Full Dyson Set withouth: a 15 day grind minimum, per character, PLUS buying a $50 C-Store bundle ($50 per faction)....

That's just going too far. It really does show just how little cryptic thinks of it's players, and that opinion just isn't very high.

Its this part of the "deal" that put things in an even darker vein to me. Not only are they seemingly not listening to loyal players concerns over this they are actually making it even worse by tying extra benefits into grinding for the ship(s). And blatantly asking us to make sure we do this on all our characters! :(

Now to those in this thread that have mentioned "Self entitlement", usually those that are pro the grind, I still say go for it. You will obviously enjoy the grind and I'm really happy that you will. Honestly.

Its not from a sense of "Self Entitlement" that we are complaining. In my particular case I only have 3 sci toons and they are equipped well enough. We are complaining because its yet more grind. Yet more carrot and stick.

As I've said before I'm a lifer so I will not quit over this. I will NEVER give up on this game, I love it too much even with its faults.

Its because of a love of this game that many of us are so vocal about this change and why we wont stop raising our concerns.

Unfortunately we just don't seem to have the ear of people within Cryptic as much as the pro-grinders do.
    server_hamster6.png
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Unfortunately we just don't seem to have the ear of people within Cryptic as much as the pro-grinders do.
    It is not that STO/Cryptic listen to the pro-grind more (though they are probably happier to read a few supporting posts over the greater number of negative comments); the one voice that is in control is PWE and this voice wants Grind Trek. Despite our support and money, the direction is more "soft" content through grind and shinies to distract from the drought of real content. Let us just keep voicing our displeasure to let PWE know that this is our game and we want Star Trek. :cool:
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    I tell ya what... Thank you to all those people who won't be doing the event because it's going to make it all the more easier for the rest of us to get our little Q guys out of the presents. Just means a faster and easier game for the rest of us. Have fun doing your 1000th run of ISE while the rest of us play the new stuff.

If people only saved all this whining energy to doing the mission they would probably still have time and energy left over.

Well it's becomming pretty obvious why Cryptic thinks they could pull this off. As long as there are people that if Cryptic just changed the color of a wall in ESD will go "Uuuuuuu new content!" and persist watching the wall for a month or two, they can basically be sure they can pull anything off.

Chasing miniQs for 15 days is new content to you? LMAO!!! :D Go right ahead, knock yourself out. Meanwhile I might jump to the foundry to play some real new content.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    I tell ya what... Thank you to all those people who won't be doing the event because it's going to make it all the more easier for the rest of us to get our little Q guys out of the presents. Just means a faster and easier game for the rest of us. Have fun doing your 1000th run of ISE while the rest of us play the new stuff.

If people only saved all this whining energy to doing the mission they would probably still have time and energy left over.

The Mini-Q minigame isn't new. It's been the same for four years. All they've done is make it mandatory if you want a ship.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know why, but I find the Q minigame extremely annoying and irritating. The one where you have to find him in the presents. I wonder why, but I seriously hate it, and not because of the grind I'll have to do. Maybe it's a reminder of some past trauma hidden deep in my subconscious.

Anyway, I'd take banging my head against the wall anytime over doing this minigame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's sad that they don't even care enough about the players to tell us what they did with all the feedback they "listened to".

We know they just took our feedback and threw it in the trash, but they could have at least offered us the courtesy of "we considered the feedback and decided we made the right decision".

Instead they just ignore us.
  • wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am only going to do the anniversary grind for one ship, the Klingon Dyson ship, just so my Klink has more ship options.
    My Rom is in a Scimitar, so doesnt need a new one.
    My Fed will be as of this evening, be in the Aventine.

The only things I'm interested in is the Solanae space set and those EV suits. Everything else just doesnt do it for me :/ Sorry Cryptic. I am however still having a tonne of fun in STO and have done this past four and a half years (since closed beta) heres to the next year!
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kandorous wrote: »
    why did this happen

Because Cryptic knows there are enough people happy to grab their ankles that they can go right on making money.
    It really is ridiculous that they're attempting to pull this, yet they're still advertising it as a free ship.

Yep. But as long as enough people will happily agree with PWE that it's rain and not PWE urinating on them, they've got no reason to change course. Charge on, White Knights.
    It's sad that they don't even care enough about the players to tell us what they did with all the feedback they "listened to".

We all know what they did with it. :rolleyes:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Despite our support and money, the direction is more "soft" content through grind and shinies to distract from the drought of real content.
    Um.... what? Sooo.... you don't consider season 8 "real content"?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Honestly? No. It's CONTENT.... but my bowels have content, too. Doesn't mean I want to play with it. Anything it touches becomes worse for the contact.

They took the worst-written show, where the writers ADMITTED they didn't care about continuity or trek or overarching themes or stories, and just ran single episode TRIBBLE to fill the episode list. They took a badly written baddy FROM said badly written TV show. Then they badly wrote MORE on top of that doubly bad "baddy" and turned it into a super-god NPC with neverending magic spam powers that doesn't even DIE when you kill it.....

And yeah, they added frickin' dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams on their heads. AS A JOKE, that's one thing, but the entire CONTENT of the season is based around and built upon this JOKE.

Season 8 is a joke made real, and it's not funny. It sure as hell ain't Trek. While I saw initial progress and some good ideas with the dyson sphere fleet rep and all that, the actual Voth CONTENT is comparable to the content of my bowels. It makes STO worse for the contact it has with it.

So yes, "content" it may be, but when it would be better to actually REVERT to Season 7? It's not content you want.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014

no, first of all, dinos that talk with lazer beams.. give me a break.. secondly, it was a lot of action, with very very little story content.. most people have been looking for a good story to fallow, and this was kind of a hey, this is whats going on, and this is how it ended, with nothing in the middle..

so basically, I found the theme song for the grindaverary, not only does it sum up how cryptic feels about its player base, but its a good listen... lol.. what makes it better, is this song is on an album called ship ahoy.. lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Fewer words.

lol sorry Orangeitis.... I couldnt resist that :P
    server_hamster6.png
    edited January 2014
    I humbly disagree.

please don't quote me unless you actually quote me.. putting "more words" is not a quote of what I said..
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im going to mega QFE on this is how cryptic is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

They have officially lost their god damn minds. Grind 15-25 days/Spend $200 to get lobi for a deflector?! Just to use on the $150 worth of cstore ships?! They are out of their minds.

"The ships are just so packed full of specials they dont warrent 10 consoles. They are so special we didnt want to just give them away." hahaha yeah that lasted long, what like 4 days Gecko? What an a$$clown.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't care about the ships. I just want to hang out with Tuvok.
    <3
    edited January 2014
    twg042370 wrote: »
    I don't care about the ships. I just want to hang out with Tuvok.

I am looking forward to this as well.. im hoping that out of all this nonsense ill at least enjoy the episode.. Tim Russ is awesome, and im interested to see him in action...
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just cannot get over how poorly this situation is being handled by Cryptic.

The more information that is revealed to the players the worse this Anniversary Milk Grind becomes.

So now not only do we get to Grind out the Anniversary Science Destroyer, now we get to grind out an Inferior version of the Science Destroyer knowing that a much better version of the Science Destroyer will be made available for purchase in the C-Store.

So this begs the question has to why were we not just rewarded with the no frills version of the Science Destroyer for just completing the new FE mission since Cryptic knew all along that they would be trying to sell us a better version of the Science Destroyers via the C-Store?

This just goes beyond any of the other questionable things that Cryptic has done in the past and has reached an all new low in how not to treat your player base IMO.

This is truly one of the worst kinds of double dips I've ever witnessed and I thought the deal with the JHDC is about has low has Cryptic could have gone but I stand corrected.

The Obelisk Carrier says hello :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    errab wrote: »
    I just cannot get over how poorly this situation is being handled by Cryptic.

I'm not surprised at all. This is how Cryptic handles things, and has been for quite some time. 'We're listening to your feedback, blah blah blah. Sugar coated words of this will be awesome' And then nothing changes. Par for the course.
  • atronach1atronach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i just want people to have a look at this anniversary with the way they are bringing out this new science destroyer. Firstly they are trying to shove down my throat that Q now hands out weaponry and new ships which he has never ever done, so what with that?? i can stomach if they said that the new ships were coming out of R&D from each faction and that we need so many commendations from an event that has nothing to do with Q THAT would be acceptable. but the fact that they think that they can get away with telling us that Q is giving us ships !!!

This game has taken a slipperly slope whats next?? the klingons giving us there battle cruisers
    as a token of peace????
    edited January 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    I'm not surprised at all. This is how Cryptic handles things, and has been for quite some time. 'We're listening to your feedback, blah blah blah. Sugar coated words of this will be awesome' And then nothing changes. Par for the course.

Sadly this is now patently true. :(
    server_hamster6.png
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You havent been here during the winter event (last year)?
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Basically Q is omnipotent, so they can use him as a deus-ex-machina for just about anything. :P

*snaps fingers*

Now that reminds me, apart from Rob Picardo in a FE, they should also try to get John Delancie in to voice Q. That would be awesome!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I humbly disagree.

I must also say that if you're going to quote me, don't TRIBBLE with the quote. If you don't want to quote the entire thing, don't quote it and simply address me directly. By doing what you have done, you are insulting me and dismissing my contribution to the topic at hand.

It's the same as if I did this:
    noting of importance

and then replied to that quote.

It's disrespectful. Either quote it or don't, but don't change what I've said.

That said, what content is there? What storyline? Look at the episode list missions of ANY seasons before this. You get a mission, you do something, you visit a planet, talk to an admiral, whatever. You accomplish something. The mission list they added in for Dyson sphere? They're 30-second "tour the dyson zone" missions. Sphere of Influence doesn't count. That was a good mission, but it was FE that they simply tacked onto the Dyson Episode list.

Circles Within Circles
    Supply Woes
    Omega Standoff
    Tower Control

They all boil down to: Go here so you trigger a cut scene, mission over.

That's not content. That's filler. That's "hey we think we worked hard regardless of what you think, so here's a 5 minute poorly rendered cutscene with glitches forcing you to gaze on our work"
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q has offered similar in the TV series many times, but the captain of the time always refused his advances. So, now the STO captains get to make the same decision, accept his offer, or refuse and walk away with a sense of been a special snowflake as some call it.

Seems exactly like Star Trek to me.
  • setheweavilesetheweavile Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    atronach1 wrote: »
    This game has taken a slipperly slope whats next?? the klingons giving us there battle cruisers
    as a token of peace????

Why not, my Fed Tac would love to command a Mogh Battle Cruiser!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]