test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Twitter posts...

Comments

• jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've no idea if this is legit or not, but the Children of Khan storyline needs to be continued, along with a multitude of other story threads STO has abandoned over the years. Give us some new STFs! Some new multi-episode featured series!

What is / are the "Children of Khan?"
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    What is / are the "Children of Khan?"

It was a planned story/STF mission that was to conclude the Augment story chain you played early in your FED carrer...

When Gozer (the guy who created the original STFs) left Cryptic (2'nd time), that, as well as the PvP revamp was put in mothballs (Basically a dev is alone in an area... if he leaves cryptic, no one else takes over by default... someone has to voulenteer, and that hasn't happend).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    If memory serves, the only known fugitive from that facility was Taris... and well... She wasn't very memorable...

So again... this is probably just a troll, maybe that Player-hating dev who always acts as if he is the greatest authority on all things?

Nope. There were two augment related guys in there. The geneticst augment and an augment who has taken the name Khan Noonien Singh.

The augment who answers to the Khan name escaped.

Also, I'm willing to bet this is "unofficial" in the same way that the Q forum account is unofficial as well.
    edited January 2014
    Nope. There were two augment related guys in there. The geneticst augment and an augment who has taken the name Khan Noonien Singh.

The augment who answers to the Khan name escaped.

Also, I'm willing to bet this is "unofficial" in the same way that the Q forum account is unofficial as well.

I am pretty sure all iterations I've played, convinced him to go back into his cell.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    edited January 2014
    It was a planned story/STF mission that was to conclude the Augment story chain you played early in your FED carrer...

When Gozer (the guy who created the original STFs) left Cryptic (2'nd time), that, as well as the PvP revamp was put in mothballs (Basically a dev is alone in an area... if he leaves cryptic, no one else takes over by default... someone has to voulenteer, and that hasn't happend).

Sorry, been a while since I did the Augment arc (Is there actually a Arc / chain?), what was it about? I sort of just remember the one episode.

Why does't someone volunteer? These seem like things that could benefit STO ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am pretty sure all iterations I've played, convinced him to go back into his cell.

That was Amar Singh, not James Fadi Mehra.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, been a while since I did the Augment arc (Is there actually a Arc / chain?), what was it about? I sort of just remember the one episode.

It was the missions that involved extremely strong and oversized Gorn... It came mixed into the missions where you destroy the Doomsday machine
    Why does't someone volunteer? These seem like things that could benefit STO ...

Because that would mean that they take their own work AND the new tasks... Being small as it is already, it would be a heavy workload.

Also... It dosen't really make money now, does it?

We used to get alot more story content than we do now, back when the game was still Pay2Play...

Let's face it... Story missions don't drop money directly.

Correct... I withdraw my statement.
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    If you believe this is real, I have a bridge, a village and a car to sell you.:D

is the bridge in a location suitable to put a toll on it?

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
    edited January 2014
    exa12 wrote: »

I thought he meant a Star Trek Bridge ... *Picard Facepalm*

• macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    Here is the trailer for the yet to be announced FE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Sa6oUUByE

:P
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    exa12 wrote: »

No, but all the conditions are perfect for putting a troll under it.

-ba-dum-tsh!-

:D
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interestingly enough.... there is one other chief "villian" we've not really seen that I would assume to be pretty pissed if he "escaped" .....

Moriarty....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now they have your ip and email address.

Soon we shall know the truth.
    edited January 2014
    venkou wrote: »
    Now they have your ip and email address.

Soon we shall know the truth.

Well it's not like it's hard to fake a new email, or IP... Those are pretty basic tasks for most people with simple IT understanding.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,425 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Took a glance at it. Reminds me of HABIT from the Twitter account for the YouTube series EverymanHYBRID. Only not so amusingly menacing. Mostly just posturing.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23STOFugitive&src=hash

Will leave this here and leave ... :D

This screams "I'm in on this and playing along". If it was just a troll, why quote? Why follow? It feels like a textbook setup, and considering the number of people doubting its authenticity, a damn well executed one.
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    If you believe this is real, I have a bridge, a village and a car to sell you.:D

People didn't believe playable Romulans would happen either, and here we are...
    edited January 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    This screams "I'm in on this and playing along". If it was just a troll, why quote? Why follow? It feels like a textbook setup, and considering the number of people doubting its authenticity, a damn well executed one.

People didn't believe playable Romulans would happen either, and here we are...

I am not sure which side of the "True or false" side I am on, but if I did, I would say "false".

Why? Twitter is not a huge source of info for STO, so its audience is smaller. For hype, they need something a little bigger.

What you have said though ... is very true ...

edited January 2014
    Funny how Brandon is not commenting ... though ...

Think about it.

This guy is basically PR, it is his job to calm down the rumours.

edited January 2014

Think about it.

Maybe he just hasn't noticed the thread? Being fresh back from vacation and all...?

You know how many emails pop up during a weeks absence? It's terror I tell you... TERROR...

It's as if people were just waiting for you to go on vacation and then BAM... they SPAM your mailbox with all the requests they have had forever to send you...

What was the topic again?
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Think about it.

Except ... he did.

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/418820466682249216

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/417687479769001985

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/417687056832147456

I lean more towards troll similar to Survivor 2299, except without the same production value.

It's also possible that CBS canned the Khan storyline when they became aware of the plans with Into Darkness.
    edited January 2014
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    It's also possible that CBS canned the Khan storyline when they became aware of the plans with Into Darkness.

Why would they? The things happen in different universes... So they would not collide.
    edited January 2014
    Why would they? The things happen in different universes... So they would not collide.

They may not have wanted to promote Paramount's movie franchise, or seen as riding it's coattails.
    edited January 2014
    They may not have wanted to promote Paramount's movie franchise, or seen as riding it's coattails.

I doubt that...

Children of Khan was planned long before Paramount had even decided on a actor for Khan... In fact I don't even think the plot of ST:2013 was made when I first heard of Children of Khan.
    edited January 2014
    I doubt that...

Children of Khan was planned long before Paramount had even decided on a actor for Khan... In fact I don't even think the plot of ST:2013 was made when I first heard of Children of Khan.

You are correct in that the Gamestop leak was a bit before Into Darkness leaks started [although there was speculation pretty much immediately after the release of 2009]. Given the Gamestop leak, there were initial plans for Children of Khan, what I was suggested is that since that leak [and subsequent dearth of content development], CBS may have nixed at a later point, when they were aware of the Into Darkness plans.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I doubt that...

I suspect than a Khan film was always on the cards as soon as they planned a Star Trek reboot. He is one of the franchises best known villains after all.

.. For all we know, the next 30 years of Star Trek could be planned out in minute detail in an office somewhere just waiting to be implemented...
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Still reads like he's in on it. The next expansion is still too far off to tease, and he didn't deny Cryptic's involvement, just said he's not running it and he's following it because he's interested.

I don't think Cryptic would let a false teaser run this long without flatly stating that it has nothing to do with anything. Instead we're getting cherrypicked denials and Brandon "keeping an eye" on the fugitive.

Even if Brandon is completely truthful about not running the account, I feel he's still definitely in on the whole thing.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Kahn Patch!

And it includes a tier 5 Connie!

Only, it's refit connie. Suckers.
    edited January 2014
    So the countdown begins ...

• sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So the countdown begins ...

Countdown.... god don't remind me of what comics did well and the JJ films ruined :/
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Le me guess...
    It's going to be something completely underwhelming (again). :P
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)