test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Twitter posts...

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    even ex cryptic employees still has obligations to follow including one of those non-disclosure forms. otherwise he/she is likely to find themselves in a legal battle and possible prison time if the worst possible result happens.

1. me not good english

2. I totally forgot the :D smiley.

3. But I still don't know the meaning of this twitter posts.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unsure if it's official or not. Either way it's gotten people interested :).
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Unsure if it's official or not. Either way it's gotten people interested :).

it's bit cynical, but i cant help thinking about the 'survivor 2299' stunt to try and get bethesda to reveal stuff about Fallout4

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Doubt it is fake if a dev and Brandon are following it.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23STOFugitive&src=hash

Will leave this here and leave ... :D
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    even ex cryptic employees still has obligations to follow including one of those non-disclosure forms. otherwise he/she is likely to find themselves in a legal battle and possible prison time if the worst possible result happens.

Prison? Not unless that NDA involves the US Government and someone blabbing about a covert operation. :P
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Prison? Not unless that NDA involves the US Government and someone blabbing about a covert operation. :P

Or worse, the NSA intervenes. Here is why:
    Ex-Cryptic employee puts his S31 costume on. He infiltrates Cryptic, deletes STO. The ensuing Rage that hits the forums , along with the demand for a universal translator for "rage" will cause a Nationwide DOS attack. In the ensuing panic, the dogs of war will slip, and people will cry HAVOOCCC!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%23STOFugitive&src=hash

Will leave this here and leave ... :D
    Ah, so it is a troll? Oh well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah, so it is a troll? Oh well.

And if you pull up Branflakes twitter profile, he pretty much says no clue what it is, and why he even bothered to retweet it.

Won't stop the tinfoil at least, but he is fairly candid about it being far too soon for them to tease something like that just yet.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be honest, as someone who plays as an Augment, i would be greatly interested in having a featured episode series based around the children of Khan, especially if it leads to a season to finish off the story line.

Moriarty would be another fun thing to see return as well, since the Sherlock series just became Public Domain.

If it is a Troll, oh well, it's not like we should be getting too excited over official Cryptic content anyway seeing as they usual over hype it, short change us, or tell us it's something it's not just to get people to drop money.

Personally though, I'm slightly curious as to what this is.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the speculation is strong within this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • ameristamerist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    /shrug

Looks like little more than attention-mongering to me. I highly doubt a promotional character would be that defensive or antagonistic towards the community.

I am there with szerontzur; this doesn't feel right and it doesn't fit Cryptic or PWE's marketing strategies in the past. The antagonism makes sense in character, however, but this just doesn't quite make the grade.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if i were a part of cryptic on the design team, the initial stages would of started, the underline overall thought on the project from the lead designer gets the go ahead from his/her bosses which then gives the rest of the team the green light to bring up designs and ideas and finding the best ones that fit the premise of the vision. since it is an expansion cryptic are working on, right now its all in the air as to the direction of the project should be within the premise.

probably nothing more then some paper, a whiteboard and ideas with a thought bubble trees at this time is how i know this person is just a troll. far too early for teasers, assuming late 2014 then you probably wont see much until around spring-summer time.

assuming FE, i have never known cryptic to release much from new FE's early before which lends creedance to the idea of a troll.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My money is on it being a player who was recently banned for being naughty and is now plotting his revenge.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    My money is on it being a player who was recently banned for being naughty and is now plotting his revenge.

he could find himself further in trouble with a 911 call.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I remember when Devs took turns posting under the name Q. Further legitimized by having made that account a yellow name here in the forum. Text always used Q's superior vernacular. But not abrasively so toward forum users. Holiday season or not, if STOfugitive were legit, I would expect similar consideration here in this very forum. So I'll remain skeptical.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • ameristamerist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This will only get weirder before it ... No, not sure where I was going with that one.
  • fugitive4028fugitive4028 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I suspect a foundry author is trying out a new way to publicise their work.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The new binary post done by him/her/it

Translates to eighth feburary backwards which corresponds to the anniversary of STO :eek:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So - the final return of the "Children of Khan" mission? (I know it was likely already stated upthread...)
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So - the final return of the "Children of Khan" mission? (I know it was likely already stated upthread...)

It could be a foundry author promoting and since a few key people are following it on twitter it's becoming believable....or it could really have to do with the children of khan episode which is what i believe it is as well, but in this case i have no insight so take my belief as my own theory.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes follows it. Despite his claims to the contrary I believe it's official or quasi-official.

You decode the binary you get the letters "hthgie yraurbef" which unscrambled = 8th February.

So either we got an epic troll, a FE/mission being released or a foundry promotion. I've marked the calendar, we'll see.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the trollish Twitter posts are so delightful. And since we've no new dev posts to show, let it snow...let it snow...let it snow!!! And it doesn't show signs of stoppin, and there's plenty of corn for poppin'.....let it snow!!! Thank you, thank you!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you believe this is real, I have a bridge, a village and a car to sell you.:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If memory serves, the only known fugitive from that facility was Taris... and well... She wasn't very memorable...

So again... this is probably just a troll, maybe that Player-hating dev who always acts as if he is the greatest authority on all things?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First rule of Branflakes promoting style, whatever he says, expect the opposite ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    The new binary post done by him/her/it

Translates to eighth feburary backwards which corresponds to the anniversary of STO :eek:
    Isn't that on January 17th? Because 17.01. as in NCC 1701?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Isn't that on January 17th? Because 17.01. as in NCC 1701?

The official release date of STO, if memory serves was Fed 2'nd.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've no idea if this is legit or not, but the Children of Khan storyline needs to be continued, along with a multitude of other story threads STO has abandoned over the years. Give us some new STFs! Some new multi-episode featured series!