Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    2of12?

21of2?
    2nd dec?
    12th feb?

i dunno. when i like to word search its best to come with some hints at the time, not several days after the fact. it's like doing a crossword where you are given boxes to fill in with no idea what the questions are unless your high horse is so high you cant see what your expectations are.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have compiled the posts this fugitive has made. He has made Binary here (see bottom of page 5). In three other places, he's posted links to screenshots. In the "2014 Wishlists" thread,, he wished for the Klingon Empire to "shrug off it's cloak of civility and reclaim the glory and honor that used to be synonymous with the utterance of simply that name." He also posted a pre-released screenshot of the Mogh.

In the "STO Podcasts" thread, he suggested that they podcast from DS9, using an old screensaver shot of the station. The Imgur title was "Terok Nor," using the station's Cardassian name. However, in Brandon's announcement that the Winter Wonderland is closing, he threatened that "the place where we first met will soon be gone." He tweeted that he eavesdropped at Brandon's Dabo party at Quark's, indicating that he intends to threaten DS9. His threat included another familiar screenshot - of the Ar'Kif, entitled "Prey".

I have yet to find what he means by something near the House of Snoo.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I found their subreddit, I just didn't find anything ON it. But then, I haven't fully inspected it yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok after reading over the info I found it seems that the House of Snoo is a KDF fleet in STO. So that means what? that the fugitive is targeting them or joining them?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok after reading over the info I found it seems that the House of Snoo is a KDF fleet in STO. So that means what? that the fugitive is targeting them or joining them?

Likely either joining them or hiding within them. Like I said, he did make some preposterous posturing about restoring the Klingon Empire to glory.

Also, noticed, your edit with the Futitive Reddit thread... BINGO. Got it. He posted this there (reddit permalink, so you can see it). We've got another Imgur with a familiar picture... Earth Spacedock.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what I see is a crappy attempt by the devs to make us think they have actually watched star trek.. when in reality, all they did was google "quotes from star trek".. lol...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So, I was thinking. Based on what was posted here (the third component seeming like a Borg designation). I found just what mirrorchaos found - 2 of 12. But then I started thinking "why". Why 2 of 12? How is that relevant. All of the info we've gotten so far has been encrypted as a hint, and MOST of it is portrayed as in-character. So I thought where it might be from.

Two of Twelve is a Liberated Borg Gorn Technician, KDF players get him from critting on Support Expansion in the B'Tran Cluster. I discarded that notion, doesn't fit with what we have. Then it hit me... TWO. Earlier in this thread (I bothered to skim it before posting), his identity was debated between James Fadi Mehra - Princep Khan - and Amar Singh. Obviously, the latter is correct. But BOTH of those TWO were at 4028. What if this 2 of 12 is telling us HOW MUCH WE'RE MISSING? We know of TWO people affiliated with genetic engineering... maybe it's telling us we KNOW OF two of twelve.

Maybe it's saying there are ten more augments.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    "There's a sucker born every minute"
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    kazamiyukarinkazamiyukarin Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How many inmates were at Facility 4028? I can count 7 off the top of my head.
    Call me Yuka~
    ~Vice Admiral Saskia - U.S.S. Muenzuka (Dyson Science Destroyer)~
    ~Lieutenant General Kalinka - I.K.S. Kazami (Negh'Var Heavy Battlecruiser)~
    ~Vice Admiral Lorel - R.R.W. Aureus Aquila (Mirror Mogai Heavy Warbird)~
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Eventually the truth will come out...

...that the only way to solve this mystery is by decoding a final set of clues only available to players logging in with ARC. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    How many inmates were at Facility 4028? I can count 7 off the top of my head.

Nine. Ten, if you count the Fed/KDF exclusives (changing between Amar Singh and Karak). Two of them are our augments. Not that, then.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's definitely taking a turn in a way I wouldn't expect a dev teaser to take, though. While it was just twitter and the forums, it made sense. I wouldn't think they'd bother dropping hints as far out there as Reddit, though, especially at only one fleet's subreddit.

At this point I wouldn't even be mad if I turned out to be wrong about all this being a dev tease. This is actually pretty fun to follow.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    So, the four new puzzles he mentioned - I linked to them in some of my other posts, appaerently those old pictures are them. All of them have captions, and someone I follow on twitter is finding weird gumbles of letters and numbers in them somehow. No clue how. Some of it looks like Klingon, but it doesn't entirely translate.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm looking for the text.

First image (the Mogh): QaQ ta'pu' mach wa (Klingon)
    Translation: Well done little one

Second image (DS9): Chek tasbreyet'O, haz kriyet'U (Cardassian)
    Translation: What does not kill, strengthens

Third image (Ar'kif): ehlu q'iuu'n ecurai (Romulan)
    Translation: Lose all hope

Fourth image (ESD): 5463652067616d652049732061666f6f74 (Hex Code)
    Translation: The game is afoot
    Call me Yuka~
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Second image (DS9): Cbek tasbreyet'O, haz kriyet'U (Possibly Cardassian?)

Fourth image (ESD): 54 63 6 5 2067 6 1 6d 6520 49 73 20 6 1 66 6f6f74 (not sure on spacing, if there is spacing)

For those that can't find them and want to see, here they are as magnified and exposed as possible.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Although I have edited my post, I'm going say this here anyway.

The text in the image of the Mogh is in Klingon and translates to "Well done, little one."
    The text in the image of DS9 (Terok Nor) is in Cardassian and translates to "What does not kill, strengthens."
    The text in the image of the Ar'kif is in Romulan and translates to "Lose/abandon all hope."
    And the text in the image of ESD is in hex code and translates to "The game is afoot."
    Call me Yuka~
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Second image (DS9): Chek tasbreyet'O, haz kriyet'U (Cardassian)
    Translation: What does not kill, strengthens

Fourth image (ESD): 5463652067616d652049732061666f6f74 (Hex Code)
    Translation: The game is afoot

I wonder if maybe we're4 lookingt at an entirely content themed expansion this year, with a mix of plotlines including Sherlock Holmes, augments, etc. as arcs building up to level 60.

Think about the number of Klingon and Romulan missions they added before. Now imagine that many missions added at endgame along with a kit, trait, species, and mission replay overhaul. I could buy that as an expansion.
  • Options
    berryroddenberryrodden Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think i saw someone waving at Bran in the snow. But Bran didn't see him.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    so is it real or fake?
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    so is it real or fake?

That is yet to be determined.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well the Binary when translated was Feb 8. So if the third Component is two of twelve, could it be Feb 12?

I sent a message to the Fugitive on twitter a couple of weeks ago, and told him that "The game is afoot." He said he liked that, I wonder if that is where he got the idea for that image in the Picture.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That is yet to be determined.
    Pretty sure we're well beyond determining when BranFlakes starts playing along like it's legit.
    Well the Binary when translated was Feb 8. So if the third Component is two of twelve, could it be Feb 12?

I sent a message to the Fugitive on twitter a couple of weeks ago, and told him that "The game is afoot." He said he liked that, I wonder if that is where he got the idea for that image in the Picture.
    I've had many musings on the 2 of 12 hint (which the Fugitive confirmed, tweeting me back on Twitter). Might it mean there are 10 more augments? Maybe it's referencing the 2012 Anniversary event (2 of 12 may mean the second month of 2012 - February, which indicates the 2nd Anniversary). Or it's just pointing at February in general (2 of 12, February is the 2nd month of 12). I get the feeling we won't know until it happens.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Link to the proof --> Proof it is FAKE
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well I just posted to the Fugitive, Im going to call him M from now on. And said Feb 12, Lets see what he responds.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    Link to the proof --> Proof it is FAKE
    Someone posted that here 10 pages back. You're late, and it is REAL!
    Well I just posted to the Fugitive, Im going to call him M from now on. And said Feb 12, Lets see what he responds.
    I don't see why M. He's not Moriarty. Hell, he TOLD us who he is with that Flickr puzzle. It's Amar Singh.
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    icegavel wrote: »
    I don't see why M. He's not Moriarty. Hell, he TOLD us who he is with that Flickr puzzle. It's Amar Singh.

I know Im just going to do it anyway and see what happens.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aaronh42 wrote: »

You really think he'd tell us if it was? This is one of the few things he WOULD hide. Because it would spoil the surprise. He's playing along, and it's offering information that no non-affiliated person could have. It's official. He simply cannot confirm or deny.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.