test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fatal error : direct 3D (Hung, Invalidcall, device removed, etc)

Comments

• darthbabo01darthbabo01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, I am (or rather i uninstalled but was) getting the d3d11 error I have no idea why but like many others have said it's started since season 8, up to that point I was able to run the game perfectly with no errors and at the best my machine is capable. Now thanks to these incessant errors i have uninstalled the game and I am considering going to EVE until the RSI Star Commander game comes out or until i find out that the issues with this game are solved. I will not have my machine made a mockery of by a single game when it's capable of handleing everything from today's heavy hitters with ease, to the still system intensive DX10 games like Crysis, Gears Of War and Hellgate.

I sincerely hope someone solves the issues that have come up as I love Star Trek and have enjoyed playing this game, but until then it's goodbye from me. For the record here are my following specs:

I7 2600K 3.4GHz (Running at 4.4GHz)
    8GB Corsair Vengence Black DDR3
    P8P67 pro Motherboard
    PNY GTX580
    Kingston HYPER X 240gb SSD
    Seagate 1TB single Platter HDD
    Western Digital Passport 1TB HDD
    Corsair TX650 PSU
    Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
    CPU and GPU are FULLY watercooled at stable temps under full load
  • karlthestartrakkarlthestartrak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Turn down the resolution. It worked for me.:)
  • b1orn1b1orn1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That is happening to me to what am i supposed to do ?? :confused:
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Latest drivers are not a guaranteed solution. You have to try all: newest first, if didn't help start installing older and older ones.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • underd0g2013underd0g2013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Came back after a 16 month hiatus to find the game imploding and causing me to hard reset my computer. Same problems as everyone else.
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wow, I cant believe this is still aproblem.. been doing this to me for a while now.. FIX IT cryptic.. so sick of this bs...
  • roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    wow, I cant believe this is still aproblem.. been doing this to me for a while now.. FIX IT cryptic.. so sick of this bs...

I get a similar issue HUNG on a 4 year old HP system but only when trying to log in to Tribble. More or less fine with current Holodeck. so how does this help us find the problem?

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was traveling through sector space when this problem occurred absolutely out of nowhere. I rebooted my machine and logged back in and received the exact same error again...and then a third time before I searched Google and found this thread -- which was at the top of the search results for a DX error code that I didn't even mention STO in! I'm a pretty hardcore gamer with good equipment; this is most definitely an issue with STO somehow. I am not sure how to resolve it.

There are bugs in this game years old that would be simple to fix, like the line items in fleet or your own history log that says "[character] promoted to [blank]" -- why is it blank? Who knows. Easy fix, but they don't spend five minutes looking into it and resolving it. It's little things like that I can't help but roll my eyes at.

Something like this, however, elicits a completely different emotion. (Yes, I necro'ed this thread. This problem has apparently been around since Season 8 and it is still affecting some users. I'd like to see Cryptic take a serious look at this because it makes the game completely unplayable for me.)
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm bumping this thread because I do believe we're still getting the same errors. Just had it happen to me about a half hour ago. Haven't booted the game again because I still needed to take care of a couple of things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    same issue here, only STO is causing this issue, and Im running an AMD R9 290X with latest stable drivers.

This issue started with the latest STO patch, was fine before (had 14.9.2 beta drivers then but since I did a complete drivers remove and then reinstall the stable 14.9 drivers and the same issue happens)
  • navajoe1navajoe1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mightionny wrote: »
    This happens a lot to me, too:

Fatal Error
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 6 0x2cd6880 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF 277130
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006
    OK

I'm using a GTX 570; the same one I've been playing STO with for literally years; this has only started around Season 8. It can happen any time - either during a fight in the Sphere Battlezone, or standing still on ESD, idle.

I've been keeping my drivers up to date, too. Currently I'm using 331.93.

Needless to say, no other game I play causes this, not even Skyrim.
    for me it wont even let me in the game
  • cletourneaucletourneau Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dont bother moding your systems it has nothing to do with them, just keep putting more power into your cards and buy a new one once its burnt out they dont care. i build them for a living and i have torn mine down and rebuilt it just to make sure even reinstalled my system. so with that here is the issue that perfect world does not want tyou to know how TRIBBLE their work is

my system is state of the art and that what this bug is effecting mid-high to High end systems like most of ours in this thread

To prevent you from creating an app that might cause the operating system to crash, DXGI provides the following responses in the specified situations:

If your app's DllMain function releases its last reference to a DXGI factory, DXGI raises an exception.
    If your app's DllMain function creates a DXGI factory, DXGI returns an error code.

DXGI 1.1 Changes

We added the following functionality in DXGI 1.1.

Synchronized Shared Surfaces Support

Synchronized shared surfaces for Direct3D 10.1 and Direct3D 11 enables efficient read and write surface sharing between multiple Direct3D devices (sharing between Direct3D 10 and Direct3D 11 devices is possible). See IDXGIKeyedMutex::AcquireSync and IDXGIKeyedMutex::ReleaseSync.

The DXGISyncSharedSurf sample shows how to use DXGI 1.1 synchronized shared surfaces.
    High Color Support

Supports the DXGI_FORMAT_R10G10B10_XR_BIAS_A2_UNORM format.
    IDXGIDevice1::SetMaximumFrameLatency and IDXGIDevice1::GetMaximumFrameLatency
    IDXGIFactory1::EnumAdapters1 enumerates local adapter(s) without any monitors or outputs attached, as well as adapters(s) with outputs attached. The first adapter returned will be the local adapter on which the Desktop primary is displayed.
    BGRA format support

DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM and DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM_SRGB, see IDXGISurface1::GetDC and IDXGISurface1::ReleaseDC.

i have sent in a ticket with all relevent info explaing to them i am a 15 year experianced beta tester and i have given the 1000% enough info to fix this bug but i got this BS answer back from thir 13 year old game wana be mater so they claim

Thank you for contacting us back.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and let us provide you some tricks to solve this issue. Here are some workarounds that can help you fix it:

Using the Launcher:

•Go to Options and kindly make sure that the 'On-Demand' patching has been disabled. See if this works.
    •You can then try the 'Force-Verify' option to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.
    •You can also try to run the game in Safe Mode.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

•Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

•You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

•You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP Compatibly mode.

We believe these workarounds would be helpful for you on your current issue..

Let us know if you have other concerns or issues.

Regards,
    Ichirou
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

i have set the following info in to have the issue fixed
    Output_14_11_10_0928 Mantel 1 card.txt (1.57 KB)
    Output_14_11_10_0935 D3D 1 card.txt (1.57 KB)
    Output_14_11_10_0950 crossfire D3D.txt (1.57 KB)
    Output_14_11_10_1015 D3D test Crossfire.txt (1.57 KB)
    FrameDump_14_11_10_1015.csv (120.82 KB)
    FrameDump_14_11_10_0950.csv (155.06 KB)
    FrameDump_14_11_10_0943.csv (503.45 KB)
    FrameDump_14_11_10_0935.csv (232.81 KB)
    DxDiag64.txt (36.86 KB)
    DxDiag.txt (32.54 KB)
    STO driect 3d DXGI bug.jpg (458.96 KB)
    sto setings 1.jpg (512.82 KB)

steam stress test result that my system passed while under d3d and all other tests but they are idiots and dont care so please dont bother burning out your systems youll do more damage then good and just to play a broken game ? really you would waste your money on this game the companie that does not care, all they care about is you keep pumping them with your cash i am demanding a refund TOS the game has to be playable and that does not mean i have to mod my system to get it to play.

if all my other games play perfect and i can stress test the **** out of my system and it finds no issues then what is most probable is truth they have a broken game and it should have been fixed on the first patch. But they would rather keep putting out Broken Content to get more money NM fixing a broken section of the game so its customers are happy, its not a concern all our customer are idiot as it clearly stated in the last reply from PW her it is and here is my reply

WHAT???????????
    WHy the hell do i wana run the game in compatability mode....... it worked fine before delta rising it is not you game launcher its the GAME it self it crashes in steam and on its own aswell your ARC AGAIN IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CLIENT IT IS IN THE DAM GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you even knowlagable to answer this ticket i am an experianced beta tester not a fricking Ya hoo like your talking to me as.

NOTHING and i repeat NOTHING you have stated here

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us back.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and let us provide you some tricks to solve this issue. Here are some workarounds that can help you fix it:

Using the Launcher:

•Go to Options and kindly make sure that the 'On-Demand' patching has been disabled. See if this works.
    •You can then try the 'Force-Verify' option to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.
    •You can also try to run the game in Safe Mode.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

•Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

•You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

•You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP Compatibly mode.

We believe these workarounds would be helpful for you on your current issue..

Let us know if you have other concerns or issues.

Regards,
    Ichirou
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

this will do **** about this Graphics error My system runs every and any dam game Perfectly its just your bad coding of the game THATS YOUR PROBLEM, i dont have to modify my system to make your TRIBBLE work if it was coded correcly and if you dont want to assist to fix the issue refund me all the money i have spent since delta rising. I cant belive your insaulting me and talking to me like a ****ing idiot really i have buillt more system then the games you have administered as well i have beta tested more games than your company has thought of buying out, you are clearly not a game master more like a wanabe. you sound like your 13 reading a script ill expect a full refund for all the moneys waste to date since Delta riseing ya btw Mr Game Master why play like you dont know about the bug Oh yet were all idiots and we n
    know nothing **** this customer just string him along untill he shuts up . well ill show you how far ill take your mental abuse.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=20605331 im tired of being treated and insulted like a idiot how about i teach your companie a lesson in humility
  • ronald245ronald245 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    im having this issue too, running sapphire tri-x r9 290x's in crossfire
  • edekarsaickeredekarsaicker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was just about to pay for lifetime subscription, now this error has made the game un-playable (can't log on for even 1 minute at the moment).

Cryptic you're loosing a lot of money you could make from me (and a few other players) because this is not being fixed.

Like everyone else, problem only occurs with STO and only started a few weeks ago.
  • johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was just about to pay for lifetime subscription, now this error has made the game un-playable (can't log on for even 1 minute at the moment).

Cryptic you're loosing a lot of money you could make from me (and a few other players) because this is not being fixed.

Like everyone else, problem only occurs with STO and only started a few weeks ago.

Lucky you delayed your purchase. Lets see if they do anything today, but this is unlikely since they did not do anything in the past 6 or so maintenances.
    edited November 2014
    Well that's it for me

Just uninstalled the STO after 2 and half years of playing as I can't even open the game properly anymore because of this problem.

Sad day for me.

Hopefully one day Cryptic fix this problem so I can return to playing the game I love. :(
  • wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I too wanted to spend for the lifetime deal which is a great deal btw.

I like this game very much.. its rather fair even for those who are F2P compared to other mmos.

But the bane that bothers me about this game is the bugs. Holy tribble dung. Seriously guys only temp fix is using directx 9 and that's not a perfect fix..

Now before you fanboyz or tech question my system strengths and weaknesses.. I'll let you know that all my drivers are up to date and my system well maintained. I take great care in perfecting my system to run all games as flawless as possible. Been doing it since PC Dos days.

Not all games are flawless I want you dev's to know that all games can crash from time to time. I play a lot of games. I understand. But STO is a broken game. I never in my life played a game so broken as this. I've started play STO little over a week ago.. I've searched the web for work around and fixes.. I've looked at your work around and reverting to ancient ati drivers isn't going to work. Sorry.. my system starting drivers are newer than your suggested version. I have alot games that run almost flawless. Here are the big names. Starwars online, EVE online, The walking dead season 1 and 2, Shadow of Mordor, Thief, Skyrim with over 100 mods. Metro 2033 / LL, Wolfenstein new order, Watchdogs, Aliens Isolation, much much more. They rarely crash most never. In the 4 years I've been on eve I've only crashed twice.. for starwars online once last year.

However Startrek online... Its game breaking all the time.

Here is the most common crash with DX11 active all settings maxed out.

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while while creating a render target texture.

Technical details: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED while creating 2D render target texture size 476 x 476 (RTEX_D24S8, usage 6, 0 samples, GSN. Failed surfaced: 0x03B53340 "point shadowmap" 2 0x11c.) D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

This is a pain in the TRIBBLE.. Temp work around is using DX9 settings but there are occational random crashes.. sometimes your cryptic error catches it and other times its a clear clean crash no warnings.

before you start to point the finger at my system.. I ask you this why does all my other games work and not sto..? This isnt' my system problem there is a bug within your code. please fix this. I've sent endless tickets thanks to your cryptic bug capture program. But in the 3 updates or maintenance I haven't seen anything related to this or similar fixes. No disrespect to the devs, but these bugs need to be dealt with.. seriously guys... something is wrong.

My system
    Aurora R4
    Intel i7-4820k 3.70GHz
    16gigz system ram
    3tb HDD main and 4tb secondary backup drive.
    ATI R9 290x 4gig video card
    Alienware motherboard which is an oem MSI X79MA-GD45
    Windows 7 64bit Home premium

ATI driver is 14.11.2 beta..
  • joeydee86joeydee86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guys, I get this error in TWO games.

Star Trek Online... and Neverwinter...

Both Cryptic... same game engine...

It doesn't take rocket science to understand that this isn't being caused by our systems.
  • johnniemesojohnniemeso Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, that is right. People, do not upgrade or spend on a new system because of this. the problem is within the game itself.

for me it is the Delta Crashing Splash screen which crashes my driver. it has glitchy code. however i can play game fine with my geforce 210. it works fine even on max graphics settings, once i get in game. just have to get past splash screen on safe mode. Kobali place looks quite nice.
    edited November 2014
    I have not been able to play the game for a week now because of this error.

After 2 and half years of helping build fleets, help new players learn the ropes and supporting cryptic it would be nice to see some support in return.
  • baxus359baxus359 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been experiencing this issue anytime I put the game on max settings, which causes me to disable most things on the left side of the screen in the graphics setting. Everything under "Screen".

Post-processing: off
    Bloom quality: low
    Screen space ambient occulusion: off
    cinematic focus: off
    lens flare: low
    underwater view: off
    texture anisotropic: off (slider turned down to off or 0)
    visual fx: low
    soft particles: off
    reflection quality: off
    gpu accelerated physics: off

On the right side:
    dynamic lighting: off
    shadows: off
    lighting quality: low
    and I reduced max physics debris: 125

Don't know if it'll work for everyone else, but this completely solves my issues. (At least, you can play for several hours without a crash)

This is extremely disappointing, considering my computer can handle this game with no issues.
    edited December 2014
    I re-install STO to another area of my hard drive and it seems to have solved the problem.

Not sure if this will solve it for everyone but hopefully might help someone. :)
  • rixatoorixatoo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't even log in as I get my crashes on the load screen. I guess i'm someone else cryptic won't be getting money from as I no longer plan to pay for a sub.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is now happening to me as well. Yesterday it was fine but after an ARC update, my game crashes as soon as it hits the Cryptic load screen and I'm told the following -

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while creating Vertex buffer.

Technical Details: D3D11 Device removed due to
    DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887 a0006

I've done nothing to my system since yesterday so I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. How can I fix this? Or can I?
  • bartlett24bartlett24 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've been having the exact same problem today. Same error message, everything. And just as previous poster stated, everything was fine yesterday, nothing changed on my computer, and now all of a sudden this is happening today. Anyone have any ideas what the deal is or what to do?
    edited December 2014
    bartlett24 wrote: »
    I've been having the exact same problem today. Same error message, everything. And just as previous poster stated, everything was fine yesterday, nothing changed on my computer, and now all of a sudden this is happening today. Anyone have any ideas what the deal is or what to do?

Do you use Arc to play STO? As soon as I downloaded the update for it today, BAM, this problem began. Coincidence maybe but is the only new variable. My game was working absolutely fine yesterday and has been for a year.

This is the only game I am having this problem with too.
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I use Arc also. Frankly, I've been having issues with STO on and off for a while now, but some of them are things that you just say "Oh well" and deal with. But of late, it seems that there have been more and more problems occuring and I have made no system changes to my computer. It's getting pretty annoying especially since there doesn't seem to be much in line with communication from STO/Cryptic/Whoever about these problems. Not sure what to do at this point except keep trying.
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I use Arc also. Frankly, I've been having issues with STO on and off for a while now, but some of them are things that you just say "Oh well" and deal with. But of late, it seems that there have been more and more problems occuring and I have made no system changes to my computer. It's getting pretty annoying especially since there doesn't seem to be much in line with communication from STO/Cryptic/Whoever about these problems. Not sure what to do at this point except keep trying.

Oh, I feel you. I'm not expecting much of an solution offered by the dev team. But like you, I've done NOTHING to my laptop. No updates, no changes in any way. One ARC update later and my laptop suddenly seems to be falling apart for this game.

So basically, I can't play at all unless a solution presents itself or this fixes itself.
    edited December 2014
    I just submitted a ticket but I'm not confident in what the results of that are going to be. Not hearing anything from support on these ongoing problems is one of the things that makes these issues as bad to deal with as they are.
    edited December 2014
    I just submitted a ticket but I'm not confident in what the results of that are going to be. Not hearing anything from support on these ongoing problems is one of the things that makes these issues as bad to deal with as they are.

Let us know if you hear anything back. And of course, watch this thread. Maybe someone will have a solution.