test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had been fine with S8 launch, but update on the 21st Nov (yesterday) has now left the Cryptic Launcher AutoUpdater cycling with an eventual pop-up saying is cant connect to patch server.
    Right there with you. I currently have 1 PC with this problem and another with the original problem. :(
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Right there with you. I currently have 1 PC with this problem and another with the original problem. :(

huh. ppl are getting locked back out?

Anyhow, welcome back

if you dont know the catalogue that halfpint and i made was completed, we posted it up a few pages ago
    nerf.jpg]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am currently watching Bran on his live stream. It is EXTREMELY HARD for me to do this! (Without posting in all caps repeatedly

When will the lockout end!

Ok I broke down

I posted

And

Persistent Officer here!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I, too, made a few 18897741 remarks in the Livestream.

I know raventomoe was in there, too, and I think I saw a couple other of our number as well...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I was in there too asking about fixes and reimbursement of lost lobi/goods.

Or even an extension of the event. Completely ignored.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, was there. Figured I'd show support and win something. Didn't but it was fun to watch and took the edge off of being unable to play right now.

EDIT: They want to focus on showing gameplay and not answering tech questions. Hopefully a fix will be in bound soon. :(
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • ryocamelinryocamelin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To The tune of Edmund Fitzgerald

The Legend Lives on of the game twice reborn
    The MMO called Star Trek Online
    The Game it is said, you can't stop playing til you're dead
    itself failed when hit with a Season update

The developers all said, we hit the nail on the head
    Season 8 will be great, and it truly is grand
    Until that very night, when the glitches came into sight
    and the error codes began to rain down

The players they cried, gnashed their teeth, and fleets died
    Tribble fell, as did the mighty Holodeck
    They complained to Bran Flakes, and he placated their says
    letting the Devs know there was a situation

Error codes flew in, ticket numbers gathered across
    server and domain independent
    AMD and Intel, ATI and GeForce
    all became just a great big ball of destruction

Does anyone know where the crash tickets all go
    when some players just can't get online
    We've been more than 10 days adrift
    with no way to fly our ships, and our fleets are all being forsaken

The legend lives on, of the game that was born
    only to be broken by a dynamic update
    Season 8 came to ST:O, and the Voth all let go
    I think the Omega ate up the server

{Sigh}:confused: still waiting for access to the game, as with half the posters, still getting the 18 series error code with Tribble and Holodeck. I'll remain, as always, and wait until I am old and grey. However, if this continues, I may just have to livestream 'Touch Of Gray' :eek: into the Cryptic server room at maximum volume to get them to fix this glitch.:P
    We were the Borg, you should have been Assimilated, your Biological and Technological Distinctiveness was not added to our own, instead ... you exposed us to kittens.:D
    edited November 2013
    thanks for trying guys
    nerf.jpg]
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    huh. ppl are getting locked back out?

Anyhow, welcome back

if you dont know the catalogue that halfpint and i made was completed, we posted it up a few pages ago
    Hard to catch things when the thread is filled to the brim with people complaining about how evil Cryptic owes them compensation because by gum, they *paid* to play this game, and others chattering incessantly about their new 'leper' community. I'll skim back thru the thread sometime this weekend.

To elaborate a bit, when season 8 went live, I couldn't log in from my main gaming computer at home. I was able to play from my wife's laptop and from work. Now the laptop can't connect to the patch server. So I'm down to just my work machine. :(
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Captin how about reposting your catalogue?
    edited November 2013
    ok gimmi a mo i will patch together a more up to date version, with some game handles of players
    nerf.jpg]
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Live stream?:confused:

Edit: Ugh..I can't believe I missed that http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community
    Why didn't I read the damn blogs :(... I'm so pissed with myself right now lol.
    Guess we missed out on something...

Darn, I should be sleepin'...
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013

No You didn't watching it just made me angry.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013

UK? Your Queen will watch over your sleep.;)
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Live stream?:confused:

Edit: Ugh..I can't believe I missed that http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community
    Why didn't I read the damn blogs :(... I'm so pissed with myself right now lol.

i mentioned it on a post a few days ago
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    wiped for saftey
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    UK? Your Queen will watch over your sleep.;)
    I am NOT amused
    :eek:.....
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    :eek:.....

Well... At least not french
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It was fun to watch the Livestream but I would rather be playing right now honestly. :(

I'm going to see if maybe I get lucky tonight and can get in the game somehow.

EDIT: Nope, still got 18897741 Error. :( I hope they find a patch over the weekend if the guys are in the office...but might end up being a long weekend.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm a proud member of the 18897741 club. :cool:
  • trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :mad::mad:QUIT LETTING THE BORG QUEEN RUN ****!!!!!:mad::mad:
    edited November 2013
    And is there some wierd **** going on (other than the obvious) that I do not know about?
    Been trying to patch for 4 almost 5 hours now and it is NOT...repeat NOT the internet connection.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patch server being overworked, maybe?

(There's a spare laptop in the house, so I installed the game on it and now it's having to update from the disc to Season Eight files, so about two years worth of data has to be updated...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited November 2013
    I don't know...maybe. But it ended up crashing and tried it again. Went fast as all get out....this time I even removed and added the firewall exceptions, just thniking that just might be it....No, it still crashes. I just don't know anymore.....
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm a proud member of the 18897741 club. I have been on other forums and believe me we our not the only ones with problems. Players are playing the game it crashs and throws back to the desktop. The game is slow and lagging more than ever. I think branflakes has got his hands full and what ever cryptic did with season 8 has f***ed the game up for more people than you think with different graphic problems. I can't see them fixing it for thursday coz they have not got a clue plus they knew there had a problem 5 weeks ago and they still have not solved it. Could someone tell me if i updated my system would that help?

current system
    windows vista
    32 bit
    ATI graphics card

AMD Dual core processor 2.60GHz
    2 GB

CHEERS CHRIS
    edited November 2013
    gitto82 wrote: »
    I'm a proud member of the 18897741 club. I have been on other forums and believe me we our not the only ones with problems. Players are playing the game it crashs and throws back to the desktop. The game is slow and lagging more than ever. I think branflakes has got his hands full and what ever cryptic did with season 8 has f***ed the game up for more people than you think with different graphic problems. I can't see them fixing it for thursday coz they have not got a clue plus they knew there had a problem 5 weeks ago and they still have not solved it. Could someone tell me if i updated my system would that help?

current system
    windows vista
    32 bit
    ATI graphics card

AMD Dual core processor 2.60GHz
    2 GB

CHEERS CHRIS

it is very unlikley, im afraid your 7741 error curently has no solution, many have gone to crazy lengths to get it working.

some have been sucsessful by updating drivers, and others can play in safe mode. but im afraid i have no records of anyone with the 7741 error successfully making it into the game.

my records indicate you posted here on 11-20-2013, with the same error code.

since there has been no change, i doubt you would get in. some have even been desperate enough to install linux. but im afraid it isnt your software, its theirs and the incompatibility with many systems.

thankyou for your update in letting us know of the other info.

and i will add your new info the the records
    nerf.jpg]
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for your quick reply. proud member of the 18897741 club.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no fix. This all-encompassing error is on Cryptic's end. Reformatting your computer or laptop, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, updating your drivers ... nothing works. There's nothing wrong with anyone's setup and I would not recommend doing anything until Cryptic fixes this problem on their end.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey folks, I'm one of the 188 too. IIRC was even on first page of the thread.

Anyway I sort of found a workaround. Downgrade your PC! I know, I know doesn't sound right does it. Except my old PC with WinXP, a 7 year old Nvidia graphics card and single core AMD processor logs in. My laptop on the other hand, couple years old Win7, Ati, Dual Core processor doesn't.

So to recap, I can get in on my old PC, however that doesn't mean I'll be playing. Take a look around the forums. The graphics glitches, oh yeah they're real and pretty annoying to really bad. Then there's the consumables bug where when you use them they go into your inventory and off your power tray. Oh and something about crits not applying to a number of space powers.

I doubt I'll even bother finishing the FE's on my chars. I still need 7 out of 28 run through the FE's before the event ends, but if I start playing and running into a lot of bugs I'll just get irritated with the game as a whole. I didn't even attempt to go to the Dyson Sphere stuff. It'll wait till the game is fixed.

Cryptic, if your reading this, I have 4 months of subscription cards to burn and I'm waiting for you to fix the game. They're sitting right here in boxes just waiting to be activated. I won't activate them, or play much, until the game is fixed. Not just the bugs, but get these guys back into the game. This has gone on far too long now. Just roll back whatever you changed in the graphics and fix the current crop of bugs.

And to the folks still here, still unable to log in. I hope the gods of the Internet hear your calls and spark a light in the mind of whoever is bug hunting this. Good Luck.

PS: If you're on Facebook, STO has the Bajoran Uniforms up for giveaway right now. One on OnRPG, the other MMOHut. There were 1400 left about 30 minutes before I posted this. At least get some free loot while you wait.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And here we go again ... another week before we even see any patch. Can STO get any worse than it is now? Here we are, 12 days, and still this bleeding launcher glitch won't let us in.

I imagine we'll be here in this same spot, a month from now.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
This discussion has been closed.