test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since I'm not getting any help, despite posting this 8 hours ago, I'll post here too.

Upon loading up and logging into STO this morning, instead of going to the Character Select screen after the Splash Screens, I just get a blank white screen. The game was working perfectly fine yesterday.

I have tried reloading STO, and even rebooting my computer multiple times, and the problem won't go away. So, would anyone know what is causing this, and how to fix it?

I'm no tech, but it only vaguely sounds like it could be related to our
    startup crash problems, because sto claims it's video related, (on their end).
    But it would be a totally different result (white screen), than what we're all seeing.
    I'd file a ticket, but don't hold your breath. There a little busy these days. I'm assuming your having no other issues with other games, etc, to rule out possible problems with your video card?
    Tried this. Got a no active characters message....Well of course I have no active characters. I can't log into game...lol

The Gateway is beta, so it's functionality seems to change from day to day.
    I had better result's with it 6 months ago, than I did today.
    I'm weary of making contributions to my fleet with it, other than the slot of xp I filled today. I don't know why your characters wouldn't show, as you don't need to be logged into the game to use it.
    Just a little side note:
    One day this past Summer, I had the Gateway open to my ship screen,
    on my wife's Kindle, standing in the driveway...I caught myself looking up. hehe

edit: added different Gateway link than above post
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well, if ever we get borg issues, just send up the development team, they would crash the cube in no time
    nerf.jpg]
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm no tech, but it only vaguely sounds like it could be related to our
    startup crash problems, because sto claims it's video related, (on their end).
    But it would be a totally different result (white screen), than what we're all seeing.
    I'd file a ticket, but don't hold your breath. There a little busy these days. I'm assuming your having no other issues with other games, etc, to rule out possible problems with your video card?

Ticket filed.

No, STO is the only game I even play on my computer, and I haven't been getting any sort of notifications about my video card. So, I would be inclined to believe that, like the problems everyone else is experiencing, it's on STO's end.

Thank you for the help.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    o dear it seems to be growing....... welcome to our not-so-exclusive club

.... welcome new comers to this humble club ... please sign the back of your ticket and drop it into the "Suggestion Box on the Table" you will be notified if you win the door prize via in-game mail....

Hey one of the other devlopers the ones that aren't available to work on our crash could you please bring us a few more chairs... and the coffee pot needs a refill... Thanks!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And I could use some Hasparet if you can....
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, tried a Safe Mode Login...still getting the same ticket as I've posted before.

Guess Bran's gone home for the weekend. Wonder if the team working on the issue is staying late to see how close they can get to a fix?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    And I could use some Hasparet if you can....

make that a double hold the yamok sause please!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I call dibbs on the next player's boots when ever another player gets tossed in here
  • aletodisaletodis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dr. Alan Grant: Well, on the trailer, they used frog DNA to fill in the dinosaurs gene sequence gaps. They mutated the dinosaur genetic code and blended it with that of a frog's. Now, some updates for the game sometimes came with problems, and it's a bad idea put it on holodeck before testing or make corrections. Malcolm was right.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: You've heard of chaos theory? Taking dinosaurs off Jurassic island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. And i can't be there when you learn that, because my game crashes.
    Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it on this faster-carelessly update like a kid that's found his dad's gun.

(somebody remember this movie quotes?)
    edited November 2013
    make that a double hold the yamok sause please!

Are you Crazy? Yamok sauce is for Carddy's. Hasparet is all Bajoran, No yamok sauce in it at ALL!

Recipe for Hasparet.

http://www.food.com/recipe/hasperat-348451
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    .... welcome new comers to this humble club ... please sign the back of your ticket and drop it into the "Suggestion Box on the Table" you will be notified if you win the door prize via in-game mail....

Hey one of the other developers the ones that aren't available to work on our crash could you please bring us a few more chairs... and the coffee pot needs a refill... Thanks!

Now I've absolutely gotta get in the game...
    Just to see if I've won the "Door Prize".
    (Assuming it doesn't come as an attachment for I am still WAY over the limit on those).

Yes! Another round of coffee for the Lepers and the Devs!
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Starbase 001: Transmitting from the Forum'ana Quadrant. The forums are doing strange experiments on us. These short grey trolls are in a confused dimension. This singularity is drawing us closer to the edge! We don't know how long we can last!

Please send help!
    edited November 2013
    Are you Crazy? Yamok sauce is for Carddy's. Hasparet is all Bajoran, No yamok sauce in it at ALL!

Recipe for Hasparet.

http://www.food.com/recipe/hasperat-348451

Thus a very good reason to hold the yamok sause!
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ive checked my calender. we still have 3+ weeks untill the lobi and featured episode rerun events dissapear..they SHOULD be able to find a fix way before then. on a sidenote. we havent gotten any updates since the last one brandon gave us. i take it theres nothing new to "report" yet?
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    edited November 2013
    Probably more like everybody is off for the weekend and they wont be back on the job till monday. My guess is We wont see any kind of fix before next thursday at the earliest.

But we only have a 6 more days to claim the free Tribble.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Probably more like everybody is off for the weekend and they wont be back on the job till monday. My guess is We wont see any kind of fix before next thursday at the earliest.

True,Everyone does take the weekends off. i mean who doesnt? xD anyway.. i do agree that we wont get the fix by at least thursday..just need to wait.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    edited November 2013

Don't bet on them being at home. Programmers HATE having a bug in something and can be pretty OC about finding the why. (So they are possibly working at least Saturday to find a solution.)

That said, can someone figure out what is the fault in common? Maybe if we spend sometime on the weekend helping out, we can get the team closer to a solution.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

I don't have any updates to provide at this time -- wanted to let you know before I head out for the weekend. I will be watching email, and if there is an update that arises that I can provide, I'll post here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thx for keeping us updated :D
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

I don't have any updates to provide at this time -- wanted to let you know before I head out for the weekend. I will be watching email, and if there is an update that arises that I can provide, I'll post here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No problem Branflakes and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If at all possible, can you ask the team working on it if this is something related to what was mentioned in this post in the thread about DirectX?
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update Brandon...much appreciated. Have a good weekend!

...Now can we please get back to exchanging recipes?

"Zap (or phaser) your tortillas in the microwave with a damp paper towel for a few seconds so they're pliable".

Exactly what phaser setting should I be using on that?
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,306 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The emperor has devised these server and login issues as a diabolical plot against the klingons! Unfortunately too many of our federation brethren have been caught in the crossfire so our top scientist shall be developing a cure.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • matthewlsmithmatthewlsmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    signed in, crypt load screen, legacy load screen, relaod materials banner, re-logon, holodeck loads and
    first characters come up then crash

id#26340348
    edited November 2013
    aletodis wrote: »
    Dr. Alan Grant: Well, on the trailer, they used frog DNA to fill in the dinosaurs gene sequence gaps. They mutated the dinosaur genetic code and blended it with that of a frog's. Now, some updates for the game sometimes came with problems, and it's a bad idea put it on holodeck before testing or make corrections. Malcolm was right.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: You've heard of chaos theory? Taking dinosaurs off Jurassic island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. And i can't be there when you learn that, because my game crashes.
    Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever seen, but you wield it on this faster-carelessly update like a kid that's found his dad's gun.

(somebody remember this movie quotes?)

you want to know something really creepy. there is an element of truth in this, they are already cloning extinct species and as of this year they are using frog DNA!

and what's worse (for all you batman and DC fans out there) its called the

LAZARUS PROJECT!!!!

apparently its been going on since 2003

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/04/125-species-revival/zimmer-text
    nerf.jpg]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Day 4 now, still not able to log on :(
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • zer0tran1zer0tran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      raventomoe wrote: »
      Don't bet on them being at home. Programmers HATE having a bug in something and can be pretty OC about finding the why. (So they are possibly working at least Saturday to find a solution.)

That said, can someone figure out what is the fault in common? Maybe if we spend sometime on the weekend helping out, we can get the team closer to a solution.

Damn it, raven, I'm a Doctor, not a Programmer!

j/k xD But I agree, how can we go about helping these guys? I know I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure that pretty much everyone on this thread would agree to help out if asked to do something to help the situation. If the guys need me to keep crashing every 2 minutes or learn how to make a .dmp file (I think the crash report handles that though) and read it, I'd be happy to volunteer. I'd even feed and water the Hamsters that run the servers, though I hear they've upgraded to Guinea Pigs xD

Let's squish these bugs together, people! Or at least not berate these poor guys until after they fix it ^^
      edited November 2013
      zer0tran1 wrote: »

j/k xD But I agree, how can we go about helping these guys? I know I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure that pretty much everyone on this thread would agree to help out if asked to do something to help the situation. If the guys need me to keep crashing every 2 minutes or learn how to make a .dmp file (I think the crash report handles that though) and read it, I'd be happy to volunteer. I'd even feed and water the Hamsters that run the servers, though I hear they've upgraded to Guinea Pigs xD

Let's squish these bugs together, people! Or at least not berate these poor guys until after they fix it ^^

+1.............

(future refarance the full stops are to fill the gap for the "minimum requirement of 10 letters)
      nerf.jpg]
      edited November 2013
      zer0tran1 wrote: »

First, the servers here at the Holodeck have always run on Tribbles. Never anything else. Hamsters run the Gravity servers at Ragnarok Online. The Guinea Pigs handle Turbine. Rats and Mice for Blizzard.

Second, anything has to be better than nothing right? O_o I've got 2300 Zen and I want a new Fed character to play!
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      What I'm going to suggest might be a bit inconvenient for players who have got on.

This is an idea on crushing these bugs and errors could be squashed

Close the server, we'd understand if you did Cryptic but the bugs need squashing, zero server strain means the programmers have free reign to swat them.

Cryptic need to do a Sony, I'll elaborate on that

When Sony got TRIBBLE they brought down the entire Playstation network and compensated the players when the network came back online, a happy customer is a loyal customer.

If only Cryptic went along the same lines as Sony, they would keep that customer base happy.

We've all lost lobi and possibly the tribble as well, Gold players and life timers pay for this game monthly and they are not too happy about it.

I'm only a silver F2P but I've put money into this game with purchases and I enjoy this game immensely, it's sad to see how much the errors and bugs have broken it.

Cryptic please kill these bugs so we can all get back online.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      This discussion has been closed.