test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    You guys are having better luck than I am. I'm still getting the same black screen and client crash.

Who is? We're still a-crashin'. ;)
  • d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it FEELS like it's a problem on their end, not on ours?

I totally agree. It must be, given the wide variety of specs and cards and whatnots that people have been posting. Still, there must be _something_ we crashers all have in common!

The only part that really frustrates me is the fact that a lot of people are still able to play.

All or Nothing 4 the Win.

d3n
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First thing i do when i play STO again, purchase a Liberated Borg and rename him into
    (1 of 18897741).

A Ticket has been detected - Unimatrix 424, Grid 116 - Ticket identified. USS 18897741. Alter course to intercept
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • cmdrbensoncmdrbenson Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't neet a liberated Borg I had one when I got the game when it came out
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remembered I had a laptop tucked away in the closet and thought hmm, wonder if that'll log in. Just an old HP laptop with win7 on it. Low and behold it logged in without a hitch. Have two other xp machines, which it crashs on load on both those. Gonna try the wifes computer which has win7 on it soon as I clear out some space and see if it works on there. Women, they collect everything she's down to 5 gig on her drive. sheesh
    edited November 2013
    just tried Tribble again and I can't get in to it either
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm starting to think that these crashes are related to ARC. Before the patch, I was running STO fine without ARC but S8 seems to rely on ARC for some reason.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    I'm starting to think that these crashes are related to ARC. Before the patch, I was running STO fine without ARC but S8 seems to rely on ARC for some reason.

Don't think so, I was crashing on this xp machine soon as season 8 came out and didn't have arc on this one initially. Do now after I formatted the whole drive and reinstalled windows for a trial.. Figured that'd be a garanteed clean wipe of the game.. Yeah no luck.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I conducted a hard reformat and restore back to factory settings, updated Windows 7 with all updates and I still get the same as well. Cryptic needs to roll back this patch.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    Well I guess I'll go play T4C for a while seeing as this isn't gonna work any time soon.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I conducted a hard reformat and restore back to factory settings, updated Windows 7 with all updates and I still get the same as well. Cryptic needs to roll back this patch.

ahh ok, I was thinking maybe OS related issue, guess not.. Must just be a hit or miss thing.
    edited November 2013
    HEY! You hear that, Cryptic? We're still waiting! Oh, wait!

"we will continue to work on a resolution for that and will note it in patch notes once one is available".

It's nice to see that nothing has been updated in days. rofls
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *wakes up, turns on pc, takes a shower, makes some coffee, launches STO, sips coffee, reads the ticket number: #18897741, sighs, sips coffee...*
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
    edited November 2013
    Trivia PatchProject StartrekClient
    Trivia PatchServer patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    Trivia PatchRedirectServer 208.95.184.199
    Trivia PatchPort 7255
    Trivia HttpServer akamai.nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com
    Trivia HttpPort 80
    Trivia HttpPrefix Startrek
    Trivia PatchName ST.35.20131029a.21
    Trivia PatchBranch 35
    Trivia PatchSandbox ST.35.20131029a.0
    Trivia PatchRevision 22460
    Trivia PatchTime 1384474855
    Trivia PatchTimeReadable "2013-11-14 16:20:55"
    Trivia PatchIncrementalRevision 22278
    Trivia PatchIncrementalFrom 1383052866
    Trivia PatchIncrementalFromReadable "2013-10-29 05:21:06"
    Trivia PatchCmdLine "-sync -project StartrekClient -server patchserver.crypticstudios.com -port 7255 -name ST.35.20131029a.21"
    Trivia CoreBranchMapping -2
    Trivia PatchBranchName "Season 9"
    Trivia PatchExecutable "C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online.exe"
    Trivia PatchComplete Required

this what i found when i looked into my sto files

1. Patch Branchname "Season 9" think it should say "Season 8"
    2. Patch Complete Required - have no clue what that means
    Admiral Sash
    Commanding Officer
    Federation One
    edited November 2013
    Launches STO client, it crashes, submits ticket, goes to sleep, wakes up, launches client, it crashes, submits ticket, cryptic announces failure, merges with Disney. Disney now owns China. ROFLS
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Launches STO client, it crashes, submits ticket, goes to sleep, wakes up, launches client, it crashes, submits ticket, cryptic announces failure, merges with Disney. Disney now owns China. ROFLS

yup... that just about sums it up... http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/41/418302631dd840259b3b76a0b56fd8670215480b7c2394fb6d144c756b234653.jpg
    edited November 2013
    cmdrbenson wrote: »
    Trivia PatchProject StartrekClient
    Trivia PatchServer patchserver.crypticstudios.com

1. Patch Branchname "Season 9" think it should say "Season 8"
    2. Patch Complete Required - have no clue what that means

yeah wouldn't that be funny if it was simply a file renaming issue..
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Press Play Launcher Crash (after 1 Second)

Ticket: 26882959

Mr Worf throw this Ticket in the brig :mad:

Ticket: 18897741

Safe mode doesn't work for me, i'll be back on monday with more tickets <_<
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • niki9000000niki9000000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    branflakes you won't see me in game because it crashes on the LOADING SCREEN!!!!! :mad:
    edited November 2013
    There is a sixth dimension, beyond that which is known to STO players. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as holodeck issues. It is the middle ground between play and crash, between crash fixes and design fixes, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is a dimension of STO. It is an area which we call the Cryptic Zone.

See what happens when I'm bored
    edited November 2013
    Same here, while I can get in via "safe mode", the lag is so horrendous that the game is unplayable. Hmm, I wonder if they'll even get this fixed before this year is over.
  • smokinssoulmatesmokinssoulmate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=919211

if you are having trouble still read the new sticky and I'll be able to help
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just tried safe mode again. again nothing oh well

error number is 18897741
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    I'm still waiting for Cryptic to post something, unless they've taken the weekend off.
  • sleezypaladinsleezypaladin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well i have hit a new snag this morning. woke up loaded arc, loaded STO. the launcher downloaded a twenty meg patch, launcher closed.opened it back up,hit engage instead of the game crashing at the LoR splash screen. it now freezes at the cryptic splash screen. and stays frozen. no crash no ticket number now just a freeze that forces me to reboot my pc to fix it lol. is this progress compared to four days of crashes or what? I'm going back to my corner to cry now:eek:
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still waiting for Cryptic to post something, unless they've taken the weekend off.
    im afraid it looks like they have
    Hi Captains,

I don't have any updates to provide at this time -- wanted to let you know before I head out for the weekend. I will be watching email, and if there is an update that arises that I can provide, I'll post here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    nerf.jpg]
  • daybjorndaybjorn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    now it freezes at my launcher :(
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yea I got the same but when I went to my bookmarked Gateway All of my people showed up.

So what am i doing wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Mine crashes with stand alone launcher too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what am i doing wrong?

Try this link for the Gateway. Right now it seems to be the only way to get any kind of access for us.

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
This discussion has been closed.