test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wpace2 wrote: »
    just joking :D

Swine :-)..
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    icellicell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    seems that all tickets that are being submitted are the same Both ways so I don't see what the problem is i'm seeing the same exact ticket numbers and it apper's to be just for different systems. Now I know it has nothing to do with our systems we've ran the game perfectly before and now your getting tickets most of them are the EXACT same and you've not found out what the problem is yet? Really? This is day 4 you asked us to be patience even some players asked us but we can only wait so long, And i have no doubt that the one's who asked for us to be patient are going to be worn thin as well. Some people are able to get on STO I don't think anyone's looked up or said how. I just know a number of people are able to get on while the rest of us aren't able to maybe you should find out more from the people who can get one and see what information they can give and see if their is a relation
  • Options
    wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    really????

no lol i was kidding :rolleyes:
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    today's maintenance solved some top priority bug: some clothing issue for female trill and catian.... yay..

but nvm.. there will be the day when they fixed most of that minor s**t and they are finally work on our issue
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1030771

yet more free stuff we are missing out on
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I crased after the update (15/11/2013) can not login

error ticket id 25316319
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I crased after the update (15/11/2013) can not login

error ticket id 25316319

welcome the the club, take a seat ;-)
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was hoping we'd be back in game this morning.. Ho Hum... Crasharoonies still..
    Maybe a little contest?!? See who can submit the most crash reports! WOOT!
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i can log in but as soon as i load a particular toon the game crashes my other toons are perfectly fine it's just this one toon
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could they be conflicting between LOR and the sphere intro? Was there a special rewrite of the introductions of the new seasons?
    Can the character we have set up to go online be the same species or faction, (I am talking the immediate character set for sign in, at the start)? Could this be a special intro conflicting with start up?
    What do we all have in common, that we are getting this error?
    We would think, it is a video error on STO's part of the programing. Is it in our patch or there log-in instance conflicting with the patch?

Is there any type of trace log we can do to add to our error reports, to further help you know what is going on?

These are just a few thoughts that might trigger other ideas, maybe.
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What's actually sad is that I haven't been able to successfully log into STO since the Season 8 patch. We'll probably still be stuck like this 30 days from now as Cryptic "continues to work on a resolution for that and will note it in patch notes once one is available".

Anyone want to take any wagers on how before this problem is fixed?
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    dreamcruiser00dreamcruiser00 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    welcome the the club, take a seat ;-)

tanxs you to
  • Options
    angel54201angel54201 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well it's completely obvious to me that they were not ready to implement this update yet, and I, for one, Am not going to spend nearly as much money on it as I had planned.
  • Options
    xroninsamuraixxroninsamuraix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes same here It xrashes but now I don't even get to the toon selections, it crashed befor and then after if I try to load again and verfy files it freezes. This is a fail on them in a big way this time...:eek::eek::eek:
    Truth, Honor & Loyalty
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    What's actually sad is that I haven't been able to successfully log into STO since the Season 8 patch. We'll probably still be stuck like this 30 days from now as Cryptic "continues to work on a resolution for that and will note it in patch notes once one is available".

Anyone want to take any wagers on how before this problem is fixed?

yeah $100 dollars on anytime now
  • Options
    rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well if it doesn't get fixed in an alotted amount of time I would think they'd have to consider rollback as an option. You can only dump so many players then its not worth keepin the doors open..
  • Options
    cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    another day, same number

Though I am reasonably sure at this point, the numbers no longer matter. I will keep hoping things get better.
  • Options
    aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hey boys well i get crashes lot of them (im magnet for this things they some times prevent me for play for hours some times days ) and ok i can get in game (well if fun looks like waiting for 30 mins every day to load the game after a patch can be called fun at all) well i was sick today yeh another 30mins on the LoR frozen screen thats frustrating experience and decided to make a Client Dump and make the devs run for the money well surprise CrypticError.exe instead of freezing the client he unfroze it and loaded i will see if this shall work in tomorrows patch ... but hey at last if this works some laptop users will be happy (i'd read several pages back a comment with the same symptomatology as my )

i hope they fix the crashes fast boys :/
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    viperasekviperasek Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still the same problem 18897741
  • Options
    aletodisaletodis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic must consider extent the daily loby promo, the Solanae tribble and all the other limited time promos for a few days, a extention equivalent to this problem.
    That would be great and comforting :)
  • Options
    rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mine also crashes at the black Cryptic screen. I have tried at least once a day since Season 8 patched and it has crashed every time. The most frustrating part is I have submitted by crash reports and not a peep from anyone at the help desk. I paid for this game, at least have the curteousy to let me know you are working the issue!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I was considering buying a lifetime, but no more,
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I so feel your pain newbies to be crashed out ... chances are you won't get anything for the time out... they might extend the tribble since its free to all. Those of us having suffered through this mess at least once before know what we are in for, and only hope it takes no more than a week... yes our patience is worn thin! Still asking for recompense is futile... you will be assimulated to the fleet of lepers!

Proud member Fleet of Lepers since 11/12/2013
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Blah blah blah, some of us are just complaining on here, CAUSE WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO
  • Options
    sharpkneessharpknees Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well at least the update today did change one thing. Now after login/password I don't get a chance to hit the ENGAGE button, goes straight to loading and still crashes at the 80% mark
    Persistent Officer :(
  • Options
    daboss593daboss593 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    during the 1 st day of errrr garbage patch fest. i would crash on the 1st load screen. day 2 i would crash on the 2nd load screen. but on 2 day 2 i wasnt really crashing it would seem to freeze up. but it wasnt. i updated everything under the sun. cut off my 4 fire walls. swapped out my vid card. as always and with everyone else nothing worked. on day 2 i waited for screen 2 to freeze up. i hit ctrl-alt- del. it gave me info that sto wasnt responding? then it started to err respond?. then it would goto the main chr screen and crash and kick my to my desk top. sooooo i have 2 other buddies in my area load sto on, 2 diff computers. these were new installs. same exact thing lmfao. :eek:
  • Options
    revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    don't forget: we are only "some players". for cryptic season 8 is a success, so we won't get anything in return. no extended events, just nothing. only thing we may get in return is getting our issue fixed in the near future. and, well, that's all i want, nothing more, nothing less. if we are lucky we are back in game for the winter event
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kheldryn wrote: »
    Nevr stand up to crazy women.. just be smart.. run away.
    Trust me, I understand. Completely. :P.
    kheldryn wrote: »
    And hey, it "Could" happen, mind I agree we'll likely get nothing.. and as annoyed as I am about all this I'll likely continue playing.. after taking a few weeks off after this fiasco.
    That sounds a lot healthier and more reasonable. *deep cleansing breath*

Usually on major releases I pony up for Gold status for a month or two, mainly to get the priority queue status. After the 10/3 bug, however, I decided not to do that for Season 8, and I'm really glad I made that decision. :P
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hey boys well i get crashes lot of them (im magnet for this things they some times prevent me for play for hours some times days ) and ok i can get in game (well if fun looks like waiting for 30 mins every day to load the game after a patch can be called fun at all) well i was sick today yeh another 30mins on the LoR frozen screen thats frustrating experience and decided to make a Client Dump and make the devs run for the money well surprise CrypticError.exe instead of freezing the client he unfroze it and loaded i will see if this shall work in tomorrows patch ... but hey at last if this works some laptop users will be happy (i'd read several pages back a comment with the same symptomatology as my )

i hope they fix the crashes fast boys :/
    daboss593 wrote: »
    during the 1 st day of errrr garbage patch fest. i would crash on the 1st load screen. day 2 i would crash on the 2nd load screen. but on 2 day 2 i wasnt really crashing it would seem to freeze up. but it wasnt. i updated everything under the sun. cut off my 4 fire walls. swapped out my vid card. as always and with everyone else nothing worked. on day 2 i waited for screen 2 to freeze up. i hit ctrl-alt- del. it gave me info that sto wasnt responding? then it started to err respond?. then it would goto the main chr screen and crash and kick my to my desk top. sooooo i have 2 other buddies in my area load sto on, 2 diff computers. these were new installs. same exact thing lmfao. :eek:
    well that just happened to me, ****ing tease
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Trust me, I understand. Completely. :P.

That sounds a lot healthier and more reasonable. *deep cleansing breath*

Usually on major releases I pony up for Gold status for a month or two, mainly to get the priority queue status. After the 10/3 bug, however, I decided not to do that for Season 8, and I'm really glad I made that decision. :P

I am a Woman, and I am Crazy!!! RUNNN!!!!
This discussion has been closed.