Install Arc
Options

Crystalline Cataclysm

Comments

• Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    If your rig aint up to it that is no ones fault but your own my GFX card is an old NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (that is old), and I have no issue with GFX in this game ! Turn off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering !

UH! 460 GTX 1gb Always with max settings until this mission. 1600x 1200 24" monitor.

What are you running?

Facts speak for themselves there is no logical reason for the NPC spam, Period! They could have made the ships three times stronger and had 2/3 less spam. It would have made the mission more playable!

No other mission in game history has this many ships. Why the sudden blunder by Cryptic?

I am not threatening to quit the game or anything like that. But this needs to be fixed Pronto!
  • Options
    kanumerakanumera Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All I got isterran waves against the team no tholian and even in kamikaze mod the entity didn tfall under 18 per cent... 1 hour gameplay is this normal ?
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zztoppers wrote: »
    UH! 460 GTX 1gb Always with max settings until this mission. 1600x 1200 24" monitor.

What are you running?

Facts speak for themselves there is no logical reason for the NPC spam, Period! They could have made the ships three times stronger and had 2/3 less spam. It would have made the mission more playable!

No other mission in game history has this many ships. Why the sudden blunder by Cryptic?

I am not threatening to quit the game or anything like that. But this needs to be fixed Pronto!

GeForce 9400 GT 512 MEGS 1440 x 900 22" display and not a single issue with the game at medium settings with a few tweaks. Make sure your GFX card does not have a profile loaded and its set to manual. If the GFX card has a profile set no matter what you change in game via the GFX settings will have little to no effect !
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    GeForce 9400 GT 512 MEGS 1440 x 900 22" display and not a single issue with the game at medium settings with a few tweaks. Make sure your GFX card does not have a profile loaded and its set to manual. If the GFX card has a profile set no matter what you change in game via the GFX settings will have little to no effect !

I got a GTS 600 megs, and it still lags only in that instance.

Other missions like Klingon Scout force that have a load of ships too does not lag either.

So I am thinking this lag is server side, or maybe some code error.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The Normal Mirror universe ship one is broken. They agro you without provocation.

Maybe on Elite they dont, but on normal they do. They also camp the spawnpoint.

Oh yes, this is doable. Quit before the terran ships camp the spawnpoint, and try to find an instance where there are no terrans.

Than it will be done in 5 minutes, 0 deaths.

To be honest I think its server lag, not graphical lag.

Elite is the same.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    The worst part is players trolling other players. The gosh darned dev himself borticus admitted it is not working as intended. This is a casual mmo for caudal players. The event was introduced awarding 50k dilithium and marks. So what do they do but make elite impossible to pug so we get a nerf on the marks awarded. Normal is a major pain for new players too. This is total bs.

If it took strategy or tactics I might be okay with it. But having 100 mirror ships pawning non stop lagging your screen and spawn camping means it is broken. Can't this company do anything right?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First time I ran the Entity with my Fleet, Yesterday night*
    Some checked how many ships were in the instance...200 + ships !

That being said...
    We did take out the Entity (on Elite)
    Took about 25 mins though.

Then we discussed just focusing only on the Crystal, tried it again, and took it out in about 10-15mins.

Just ignore the mirror ships.

Its really not bad.

One thing that was problematic though was being respawn right on the Crystalline Entities doorstep.
    If you weren't quick to get out of there, you could very easily be vap'd with 2 or 3 Crystalline Pulses.

But all in all, it really isn't that bad... Just carry some Shield Batts and run high shield power, if your heading straight for the entity, always repair ONLY the front facing, check on it every few seconds, you'll get lots of damage in on the Entity before it finally collapses your shielding. Then just boot it out of range, repair your damaged hull and shield, and head back straight at that Squishy Crystal.
    GW helps contain the annoying Shard pieces flying around.

\\//_

L L & P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    First time I ran the Entity with my Fleet, Yesterday night*
    Some checked how many ships were in the instance...200 + ships !

That being said...
    We did take out the Entity (on Elite)
    Took about 25 mins though.

Then we discussed just focusing only on the Crystal, tried it again, and took it out in about 10-15mins.

Just ignore the mirror ships.

Its really not bad.

One thing that was problematic though was being respawn right on the Crystalline Entities doorstep.
    If you weren't quick to get out of there, you could very easily be vap'd with 2 or 3 Crystalline Pulses.

But all in all, it really isn't that bad... Just carry some Shield Batts and run high shield power, if your heading straight for the entity, always repair ONLY the front facing, check on it every few seconds, you'll get lots of damage in on the Entity before it finally collapses your shielding. Then just boot it out of range, repair your damaged hull and shield, and head back straight at that Squishy Crystal.
    GW helps contain the annoying Shard pieces flying around.

\\//_

L L & P

I think this is the problem. Premades talking down to pugs. I won't waste 30 minutes trying to form premades when I could just pug it before 100% of the time. It is adding to the grind. This isn't a raid from wow. It is like a stupid daily from tor except made 100 times more frustrating by spam.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Not talking down to anyone. Though, I understand we had an advantage being in a premade group.

***I'll try it again in a PUG tonight and see if the results are different***

*We weren't 10 Fleet members though, 5 Fleeter's, and 5 randoms *

PS: I never ever played WoW, D2 LoD worked just fine for me, for over 12 years.
    STO is the fist MMO I've actually paid money for, bought a LTS not long ago.
    Only version of ******** I've ever played were the old RTS versions.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree to this there are way to many Mirror Universe ships just spawns and plus the thing i just realized that just because of that we don't even have the chance to get to the CE.

Tholians are fine but Terrain Empire ships???? like i would have thought that any kind of starship would be an enemies of the CE (My Opinion)

Anyway on another note the re spawn point takes you right under him PLUS the CE is in Elite mode so the CE is like too Overpowered that makes like over 20000 of damage per beam like since when that does that i would of thought it was only the shards doing that kind of damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    uss917019 wrote: »
    I agree to this there are way to many Mirror Universe ships just spawns and plus the thing i just realized that just because of that we don't even have the chance to get to the CE.

Tholians are fine but Terrain Empire ships???? like i would have thought that any kind of starship would be an enemies of the CE (My Opinion)

Anyway on another note the re spawn point takes you right under him PLUS the CE is in Elite mode so the CE is like too Overpowered that makes like over 20000 of damage per beam like since when that does that i would of thought it was only the shards doing that kind of damage.

That was the most problematic thing for me, being respawned right on the Crystals doorstep.
    If you weren't quick to get out of there you were dead within 5 secs...
    And forgetting to repair your ship injuries would amplify the damage taken.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can honestly say I hate this mission and will not bother with it again.
    The NPC lag alone was crippling and that was with reduced settings on the card I have.

The MU ships just constantly targeted the players. It got so bad I had to bail. I'm sorry but I have better things to spend that amount of time on. This games enough of a grind already.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2013
    staq16 wrote: »
    In support of the "it's manageable" theme; I ran into the Terran Empire swarm on the third of four runs last night, as part of a PUG.

Thankfully no-one bailed, and one of the other players read the forum to get a grip on the issue. We stopped shooting Terrans, quit on AOE, and eventually dragged the CE down. Took 30 mins but was done with a PUG that started out not knowing the issue.

Is this "working as intended" or even logical? No. But it's manageable if the players are just thinking and paying attention.

That would require more players to actually learn how to play and adapt to different situations and deal with the unexpected and avoid doing things that lead to defeat. And yes, get used to the fact that they can blow up.

The people whining about '100 ships against 5' are probably morons who are constantly spamming BFAW and other big AoEs and getting aggro from a lot of ships. It's like people can't think beyond that.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While investigating the MU aggro issues, I noticed that the Rifts are incorrectly set to respawn additional MU ships on far too frequent of a basis. Right now it's between 1 and 3 ships every 100 seconds.

We're changing that to every 600 seconds. So that should improve the number of ships you see when these hazards spawn.

Additionally, after extensive testing, I've determined that the MU ships DO fight the CE and Fragments, but that their Threat threshold is exceedingly low. So even a self-heal has a chance to pull a MU ship into fighting a player ship. We'll be addressing this to find a more reasonable middle ground.

Until these fixes are in, I can tell everyone the absolute best strategy for getting through the Mirror Ship phase: Ignore them completely. If you focus all of your damage on the Entity, you can force into the next phase of the encounter, at which point the Rifts and all Mirror Universe ships will despawn.

Due to TL-DR nature of thread:

May I ask what causes the Mirror enemies to target the CE? The one and only time I ran the Elite version, all mirror ships would slum by their rifts until such time as I tossed EPtS I on myself, causing any Mirror within 10km of me to shoot at me, then return to their spawn (or spawncamp player's spawn point) until their death.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited September 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    The worst part is players trolling other players. The gosh darned dev himself borticus admitted it is not working as intended. This is a casual mmo for caudal players. The event was introduced awarding 50k dilithium and marks. So what do they do but make elite impossible to pug so we get a nerf on the marks awarded. Normal is a major pain for new players too. This is total bs.

If it took strategy or tactics I might be okay with it. But having 100 mirror ships pawning non stop lagging your screen and spawn camping means it is broken. Can't this company do anything right?

Pugging The Cure Found Elite is asking for trouble. Pugging Starbase Blockade is asking for trouble. Pugging Hive Onslaught Elite is asking for trouble.

Pugging half the queue missions would be an invitation for failure and frustration. It's always been that way. People who actually pay attention would know better than to pug CE on Elite without expecting a lot of aggravation from incompetent players.

Also, I'm a relatively casual player, and I have no trouble pulling my weight in CE Elite. I run it with friends or fleetmates, as well, because that's what sensible people do in this game. Pugging anything and then whining about how hard it is. . .is stupid.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    uss917019 wrote: »

I was in some of those yesterday.... they're not unbeatable.... they are quite beatable.... beat it on multiple occasions..... the trick is, not aggroing the mirror ships and concentrating on the entity...... which means don't use AoE weapons..... the mission needs to be surgical.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can't help but wonder if this is some sort of test of the rough max amount of entities they can have on screen for the Dyson Sphere :P
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ^ think you're on to something :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ran 6 alts this morning, dunno if it's my luck, but it looks like the players have learned to ignore the MU ships and just melt the CE. Quick runs this morning, not bad considering the mess and confusion yesterday.
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I cannot "adapt" on certain characters because they were made into doing one thing, some of my Tacs cannot do this because one is on a Kumari, another is on a B'rel and the other is on a Mogai ... one of my Scis is on a freaking Marauder too so I am not expecting much on that end.
    :confused:
    If you can't adapt new tactics on a B'rel, a ship with all universal BOFF slots then please just quit. :(
    On a lighter note, whats the counter to that Subspace Rift effect after the CE drops its big blast and leaves the after-cloud? I've got my impulse speed reduced to 6 and my tac officer telling me to use manual targeting but I can't see any enemies, but I can see my teammates right next to me blazing away just fine. So whats my missing ingredient?

Max power to engines and evasive and just push your way out. It will take a while depending how thick the cloud is. I once pushed my self out with the Impulse Capacitance Cell on one of my KDFs. Or the moment you enter the the cloud, do an "all back emergency".
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Last night I ran the new CE Cataclysm on all 13 characters I have at L50. All the toons were able to complete the run. Took about 3hrs.

Some observations/notes:
    • I was only able to complete the Normal versions.
    • I attempted Elite on a couple of my more advanced toons that have completed Elite before, and it was just too much to overcome (even when using PublicEliteSTF Channel Premades).
    • There were several attempts that had to be aborted, and my toons died more often then they normally do running CE (yes, even on Normal).
    • I had four toons come in first place, two of them getting their Shattered accolade for the first time.
    • There were a few queue-PUG missions I was warped into that were so covered with MU Spam camping the Spawn/warp-in point that I was immediately overwhelmed and under attack even before I completed the warp-in animation. In one particular case (where I was flying a slow VoQuv) it was terribly difficult to break contact, end Red Alert, and be able to warp-out.
    • The new sci powers being used against us (Sci Scramble, Tykens, etc.) were a fun/interesting add, if perhaps overused.
    • I look forward to the bug fix that will hopefully tune-down the MU Spam.

Otherwise, I like the Event and will be happy to get the big reward in two weeks. :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Should be renamed "Crystalline Clusterf**k" ;)
  • Options
    oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For Beam cruisers, take out your Bfaws and supplement them with Torpedo High Yields. The Wide angle Quantum is a great choice, but any torpedo will do. Your beams will still be useful on entity itself.

My Romulan D'deredix with engineer captain is in a horrible position. 8 anti proton beam arrays, no torpedo skills whatsoever, and she is packing a gravity well to top things off. I cant really switch her out to single target so to speak. No problem. She can still dps very well without Bfaw, and she can heal like the red cross.

If I can do it with that niche of a setup, anyone can. That won't prevent pugs from committing suicide with aoe, but as long as there are a few level headed captains in the mission I don't see why it can't be done.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    "Heal like the Red Cross"
    That's a good line...
    +1
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Earlier I posted I was not going to do the event due to the issues encountered. Given a few hours to think about it, I may try again when the fixes mentioned are put in place.

I am not looking for a nerf here, rather having the mission work as originally intended.

I like a challenge, this is beyond that.

I made sure on the last run to not hit any of the AOE effects I have on my Escort. Managed to avoid the MU Ships on the way to the CE. While targeting the CE only opened fire. This caused the MU ships to target me as well.

Mashed the F button and this time went after the CE with no powers active, just in case something was drawing their attention. Again opened fire and the MU ships decided I was the best target they have seen in a long time. :D Mashed F button and decided I had enough.

So if the fixes to the MU ships that were mentioned work, then I will try it again and use the tactics mentioned here.

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What Dev thought adding so many Mirror ships to the Crystiline Cataclysm was a bright idea. DOH. Not very bright. I out of curiosty tried a Normal CC last night which I completed with ease. Not really on 2day. Got a lot of things to do in Real Life.
    But thought I got a spare 20-40 mins to try out CCE. See what the fuss about it being impossible was about.
    40 minutes later & 3 leavers I finally left it too. It was beyond a joke. Not even a dent in the amount of Mirror ships that Spawned & kept spawning after the Entities realize of Energy. For 30 mins straight out we fought & they just weren't going down. No way to get close to the entity either. It was just a total joke.
    Seriously whatever Dev thought all those mirror ships was a bright idea needs to be shot, drawn & Quatered. Cause that was not bright at all. No1 is goner complete that CCE & if any1 does. Well congratulations on the impossible.
    PWE/Cryptic re-did the original Crystiline PvE cause it was impossible & even after 3-4 hrs doing it no1 could still complete it. Well well done on replicating that same success that the original Crystilline PvE that was created had. I mean DOH.
  • Options
    nikdangernikdanger Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did the CE Elite for the first time yesterday, with a fellow fleet member. We had Tholians and MU ships in the very beginning. We successfully destroyed the CE, due to the following tactics:

Part of the team concentrated on clearing out the Tholians and MU ships near the CE. The Tholians and MU were firing on each other, but the MU ships did not fire on the CE.

The other part of the team (wisely) pulled the CE away from the MU re-spawn points by at least 15 km. I'm not certain how they did it since I was busy dealing with all the MU ships. Tractor/Repulsor? This kept the MU ships from aggro-ing on us once we were clear.

All of us then gathered on the side of the CE away from the MU spawn points and targeted the CE, paying careful attention to not shoot when we weren't supposed to.

I was hit several times by the CE, which seemed to take my shields down completely when hit. Died several times but only from engaging the CE, not the MU ships. It's possible to survive them. We finished in about 20 minutes total.

Good luck!
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMG I am doing the mission and someone with a Miranda in the mission and part of his name says Dilithium Farmer and he died and has not respawned. It is hard enough to do with problems the mission has but with things like this geesh.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Really enjoying the updated CCE...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Are you 100% certain that the Terran ships are not firing on the Tholians or CE, and not being chased by Fragments? That would be different than what was observed during local testing.

If left to their own devices, a good portion of the Terran ships are likely to end up aiding players against the Crystalline Entity. Unless something has gone wrong.

If everything is working as originally intended, then one potential 'solution' for this phase (if it appears - it doesn't always) is to ease off on the use of AOE abilities like Cannon Scatter Volley, Beam Fire-at-Will, Photonic Shockwave, Tractor Beam Repulsors, etc. Unless, of course, you WANT every nearby ship shooting at you, instead of one another...

Thanks for putting some real thought and effort into this to make this event better and more thoughtful, this post gives fascinating imput.
    Joined STO in September 2010.