test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure if this is a tailor or costume issue, but right now when I try to slot in the Photonic Engineering Bridge Officer so that it should appear on my bridge all I get is a generic Engineering officer in it's place.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The counselor Troi outfit doesn't meet in the middle. You can see through the character where the trousers and top don't connect properly. Pictures here and here. I've noticed a similar issue with the TNG command top when paired with TNG trousers.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A request I would like to add in that I'm sure a few people will appreciate. Since the change was done to the Romulan Alien females, the option for the eye color that I had picked disappeared. The other faction alien chars never had the option before so I would like to suggest to maybe add another eye option with the normal color panel. The current white one looks too reddish, it doesn't look right with my alien chars.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/...psjpjybccb.png

Hope this helps to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Intel Uniforms issue, KDF side. (effects KDF alligned RR characters also)

Unable to place KDF badge on left arm (regular or lifetime). When trying to select this choice you are given a choice of enterprise era mirrior universe patches...

Unable to show/select Fleet Patch on right arm.

Addendum, same issue with Body Armor top.. Fed players and Fed aligned RR players can select a Fed com badge for wear with body armor, and can choose to wear a fleet patch.

ADDENDUM per Havelock...

Character effected Kui@Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF
    Khemaraa Iron Hand@Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF
    Note: All of my KDF toons are effectd by this.. I'd give you the full list but there been some connectivity issues today.

Boff unifroms also have the same issue on primary KDF primary race toons... BOFFS awarded from Marauding efforts tend to be able to wear federation unforms and badging.

Note fed side toon wear fleet emblem on the left sleeve, KDF characters wear fleet emblems on the right sleeve.
    Typically KDF toons wear a KDF badge attached to the left sleeve equidistant between the point of the shoulder and the point of the elbow, or on a strap in the same position with bare arm uniform options. Also includes Vet badging on accounts elgible.

On a related note.. My Kobali BOFF from "Dust to Dust" apparently has unrestricted access to Fed uniform wear, including some zen store unlocks.. Mines currently sporting a Bajoran type 2 top, TOS split skirt, Mirroe universe belt, 7 of 9 tall boots, with the Temba his arms open wide badge. All in black, and it looks quite sharp fetching while being quite serious all at the same time. fed rank markings on the collar.

I haven't done a forum or thread search as far as issues with Kobali BOFF's in KDF service and am feeling lazy, but then again, I'm not being paid to dig stuff up.

Hope the extra info helps..

And I still have two dead/fake uniform slots on my oldest KDF toon... Kui.

And yes, I am fully aware that its prolly not going to get fixed any time soon being a KDF side issue.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just a reminder from the OP:
    When adding bugs to the thread, include the following info:
    • Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
    • Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
    • Your submitted bug-ticket number if you have one.
    • Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves).
    • Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

This info is vital to help the devs track down problems. *Especially* important is to include the name@handle of the affected character(s). Because costumes are built differently for each of the many types of character models for gender, race, and yes, even faction, what is buggy for you and your character, might not be a problem for my character or the dev's character. Being able to look specifically at YOUR problem helps them find and fix the issue.

The last three posts are missing this info. I recommend adding it for best results. :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Callevista, I know this may not be directly your department, but do you think we're ever going to see Romulan versions of special boffs. By that I mean Boffs such as the veteran Android, or the new Delta Recruit Photonic? I really love using them, because for ground combat they have some very handy traits, but on my Romulan toons it just seems stupid beaming down and both my away team members are wearing Starfleet/KDF uniforms.

It wouldn't be nearly so annoying them being from our allied faction, if they at least had access to Romulan uniforms.

My suggestion there would be a move towards a dropdown where we can select other uniform types.

KDF and Feds who complete Romulan rep should ideally get an unlock to add Romulan uniforms as a dropdown, although I'd be fine with it being a costly project. And as a component would allow embassy BOs to wear faction uniforms and Romulans to dress their Fed/KDF BOs in RR uniforms.

I'd like a Recreation project (maybe as a seasonal event thing or tied to the Duty Officer Development commendation) which unlocks Offduty as a BOff dropdown option.

Then (and I know this is design's job), I would like a Federation/Klingon "Khitomer Accord" rep (or something similar like a diplomatic fleet holding or maybe a joint-fleet holding) based around strengthening the new cross-faction peace. This would feature a project unlocking KDF outfits for Feds and vice versa (and, as a result, finally enable diplomacy BOs to wear faction uniforms).

Maybe with the individual KDF species uniforms as side unlocks.

The end result being the ability to dress BOs in anything your captain can wear and step outside of normal faction wear, at least in a captain's secondary costume slots. If I can have a crew that doesn't look Starfleet already and a captain who looks like a Dominion or Kobali faction character, the idea of earning/paying for an outcome where the costume restrictions drop seems like a worthwhile goal and a nice indicator of a growing peace among the traditional powers.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    captz1pp wrote: »
    This probably wont get in like some other suggestions of mine, but I wonder what kind of idea(dumb, but lets find out) it would be to have alternate beards for Tellarite players?

Agreed. I'd like more facial hair styles in general, and for more Races.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
    Alixia@Sp4r74n, Talaxian, Female, KDF

Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
    Captain

Your submitted bug-ticket number if you have one.
    Do not remember

Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves).
    Will edit post when available

Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

My KDF Talaxian has no access to headwear or eyewear apart from the club glasses (sunglasses glam). There aren't even scar sliders available. Checking all the drop-down menus only shows Talaxian options. This affects only my KDF Talaxian, since my FED Talaxian has full access to different glasses. Have not confirmed that helmets/headwraps are available on FED yet.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Iconian Armor is upon us. But...

http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto/iconian_armor_white.png

I can't make it white like in the promo picture. Besides the visor, everything else is as white as it can be. Working as intended?
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That reminds me....

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Screenshot-2015-02-18-14-34-21-515001819

char: Tetin@marhawkman

But it's just an example, AFAIK the Khan costume does this for everyone. See, Tetin has the outfit shaded to be solid blue.... it's not, it looks more green. And no it's not the Qonos lighting.

It looks like that everywhere:
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Screenshot-2015-03-12-20-34-05-520220848
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Khanclipping-496847713 <the clipping issues in this pic seem to be fixed now, but it's still colored like that. Diaula tried to actually color it green.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Technically, this isn't a tailor issue per se, but no other thread to my knowledge would be a fitting repository for it, so...

Aside from their interesting proc, the new antiproton weapons have different firing sounds and color scheme (both weapon and beam/bolt/pulse). Honestly, I think they look better than their vanilla counterparts, but...
    16616790054_38a2415722_o.jpg

...that PWA model (left) strikes me as very out of place.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Isn't the model on the left the Iconian Rep Set Pulsewave?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Isn't the model on the left the Iconian Rep Set Pulsewave?
    No, it's actually a 'regular' pulsewave out of a requisition box. Still a very incongruous thing.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Here's one I stumbled across recently. There are two color settings for the Bortasq' Operative shoulder pieces, but neither one has any effect on the color of the piece. I'd have to check to be 100% sure, but I believe this affects both male and female characters.

The other Bortasq' shoulder pieces don't have this problem, they change color just fine.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Iconian Armor is upon us. But...

http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto/iconian_armor_white.png

I can't make it white like in the promo picture. Besides the visor, everything else is as white as it can be. Working as intended?

We have seen this issue and a fix for it is on its way.
  • myrnwynmyrnwyn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    callevista wrote: »

Looking at the screenshot in question I have to point out that that word is supposed to be spelled "resistance" rather than "resistence"

Pretty sure I saw someone point that out somewhere else for a different occurrence of the word but I guess the typo rabbit hole runs pretty deep.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The s10 update fix to the clipping on the mirror universe top just seems to have shifted where it clips:

http://imgur.com/a/cztGt

Character is V'Lel@dragonsbrethren if my slider changes could be causing it.

Only noticeable in the crouched aiming pose, though. Standing aim and crouching without aiming show no clipping.
    edited April 2015
    shmojo wrote: »
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
    Alixia@Sp4r74n, Talaxian, Female, KDF

Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
    Captain

Your submitted bug-ticket number if you have one.
    Do not remember

Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves).
    Will edit post when available

Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

My KDF Talaxian has no access to headwear or eyewear apart from the club glasses (sunglasses glam). There aren't even scar sliders available. Checking all the drop-down menus only shows Talaxian options. This affects only my KDF Talaxian, since my FED Talaxian has full access to different glasses. Have not confirmed that helmets/headwraps are available on FED yet.

Thank you for all that information. It really helps!
    We've sent off fixes for confirmation. Once they pass, it will hit the live servers.
    edited April 2015
    BTW, will there ever be a fix for the yellow tint to the Khan Costume?
    That reminds me....

http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Screenshot-2015-02-18-14-34-21-515001819

char: Tetin@marhawkman

But it's just an example, AFAIK the Khan costume does this for everyone. See, Tetin has the outfit shaded to be solid blue.... it's not, it looks more green. And no it's not the Qonos lighting.

It looks like that everywhere:
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Screenshot-2015-03-12-20-34-05-520220848
    http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art/Khanclipping-496847713 <the clipping issues in this pic seem to be fixed now, but it's still colored like that. Diaula tried to actually color it green.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited April 2015
    Would it be possible to get the Tom and Miral Paris hairstyles in the Tailor? And speaking of which, can we get an option to add greying temples to hair?
    GrWzQke.png
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Fleet Uniforms

I know the old line that only the free uniforms are available for Fleet Uniforms.

1) Can we see, at the minimum, the Odyssey outfit added to fleet options? Would also like to see the extra parts from the Academy, TWOK, and other sets mentioned in the 2410 Uniform guide.

2) Is there a way a system can eventually be added for "fleet-unlocking" uniforms for this use?
    edited April 2015
    Fleet Uniforms

I know the old line that only the free uniforms are available for Fleet Uniforms.

1) Can we see, at the minimum, the Odyssey outfit added to fleet options? Would also like to see the extra parts from the Academy, TWOK, and other sets mentioned in the 2410 Uniform guide.

2) Is there a way a system can eventually be added for "fleet-unlocking" uniforms for this use?

Huh? :confused:
    GrWzQke.png
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would it be possible to get the Tom and Miral Paris hairstyles in the Tailor? And speaking of which, can we get an option to add greying temples to hair?

I am NOT SURE, but today I tailored an Aenar Boff and I found the male hairstyle Close 8, that looked like the old Paris' one.

I remember when the Delta Rising start, where the Voyager's Holo Doc's hairstyle was stealt added to the Tailor until some guys found out.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Huh? :confused:

In your Fleet settings, you can setup uniforms for the different ranks in your fleet. This is what I'm talking about.
    edited April 2015
    I am NOT SURE, but today I tailored an Aenar Boff and I found the male hairstyle Close 8, that looked like the old Paris' one.

I remember when the Delta Rising start, where the Voyager's Holo Doc's hairstyle was stealt added to the Tailor until some guys found out.

Well, Tom's hair has got that greying temples look that I was talking about. And the Doctor's hairstyle is still in the Tailor.
    In your Fleet settings, you can setup uniforms for the different ranks in your fleet. This is what I'm talking about.

Oh! Gotcha.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited April 2015
    The Hair known as "Close 8" is in fact the same as Tom's Hair. As for coloring it "grey", we'll have to take a look at that again. For NPCs, the costume system is obviously different, as there are various systems in place to accomodate NPC creation.

On another note, we are investigating the Photonic BOFF customization options. We are testing initial builds of this with more news to come soon.

The issue with the Khan uniform/outfit tint - was dictated largey by an adherence to stay as close as possible to the original design from the movie. In doing so, tinting acts differently because of an inherent yellow tinge applied to the costume.
  • linksword01linksword01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Calle, is there aby chance that we could get a variant on Jarok's uniform as a top for players and Bridge Officers? Something like a closed jacket top for the republic uniform?
    edited April 2015
    The Hair known as "Close 8" is in fact the same as Tom's Hair. As for coloring it "grey", we'll have to take a look at that again. For NPCs, the costume system is obviously different, as there are various systems in place to accomodate NPC creation.

Ok, cool. I wasn't aware. It looked like a new hairstyle. Or is "Close 8" in fact, a new hairstyle?

As for "greying", I noticed that some hairstyles offer multiple color channels, but don't really give the effect that I'm talking about. I thought it would add some cool variety and possibly liven up current hairstyles, if some streaks could be added without coloring all of the hair. Done with both men's and women's hairstyles, we could have greying streaks, or two toned highlights.

And speaking of multichannel colors, the facial hair options, particularly the various beards, seem to have a color channel that cannot be changed and remains brown no matter what I do. I assume it's a global issue, as this has been the case for me across multiple toons, BOFFs, and Factions.
    On another note, we are investigating the Photonic BOFF customization options. We are testing initial builds of this with more news to come soon.

That is awesome news! Thanks for all your hard work, Callevista. You and your team are greatly appreciated. :)
    GrWzQke.png
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The issue with the Khan uniform/outfit tint - was dictated largey by an adherence to stay as close as possible to the original design from the movie. In doing so, tinting acts differently because of an inherent yellow tinge applied to the costume.

also, pretty sure the outfit is supposed to be eternally dirty. Ceti Alpha 5 tends to stick with it lol
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

edited April 2015
    I'm not saying I hate the yellow tinge, just that it'd be nice to be able to turn it off.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing