test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    == Spoiler Alert ==

Anyone interested in the customization of Photo BOffs may want to take a look at the Tribble Release Notes from today...

:eek:

:cool:

:D

All of my happy/feel good hormones just went into one part of my body... :D
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Photonic Delta BOff now has hologram effects, nice... but what's a Holographic Medical BOff? I don't remember hearing of those before...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited May 2015
    Photonic Delta BOff now has hologram effects, nice... but what's a Holographic Medical BOff? I don't remember hearing of those before...

from an old? reward program, or ze Exchange

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Starfleet_Photonic_Science_Officer_Candidate
    edited May 2015
    Ah, now I recognize it - I remembered it as 'Photonic Science Officer', so the Tribble notes calling it 'Holographic Medical Officer' threw me off.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah, now I recognize it - I remembered it as 'Photonic Science Officer', so the Tribble notes calling it 'Holographic Medical Officer' threw me off.
    The old Fed tutorial had one, and it looked exactly the same as the default appearance that Photonic Science officers came with in Season 4.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know it this has ever been discussed or if a reason was given but why is the Wells badge perma-attached to the Wells top? It still irks me that I got the Wells outfit for the badge and now I don't even use it simply because I wanted the badge(after going through many temporal instances)... not the uniform. :/
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice work on the Photonic Science Officer. Just checked out Tribble.

Three tidbits on Photonic BOs:

1) We seem to have lost their mobile emitters. I think those disappeared in the uniform update to the Odyssey uniforms, actually, but it was a nice detail before. Really, they ought to be required to have them visible since they're the only way to find the body of a deactivated photonic. Even if not REQUIRED, I'd like to see the band restored as an option for all types of photonic BO. Maybe this could be made a costume piece that only unlocks upon receiving any of the three photonic BOffs.

2) Photonic MACOs remain uncustomizable. I get the basic idea: they're photonic and have a unique costume. What I would like is this:

- Make them customizable.
    - Have them unlock photonic MACO costume options at the tailor, ala the Xindi BOff.
    - This allows them to keep their unique visual (and perhaps allows a captain to use this unique visual as well). The appeal of buying them goes up both due to their customizability and the costume piece they unlock, much as the Xindi BOff unlocks a costume.

3) I notice Photonic Macos have a flicker effect when they come into view. This is nice but the other two types DON'T have it and it's also a weird legacy flicker. What I would like to see is for all three types of Photonic Officer to get beam-in and death animations replaced with the same type as the EMH Mk 1's which are triggered by the hypospray. I haven't tested thoroughly but it seems like this is an alternative to a beaming animation. Since beam-in animation appears to be set by species (and therefore faction), it seems to me like giving Photonics an EMH style spawning animation could be doable.

Although, thinking about it more, the EMH's spawning animation is weird too.

I went looking for what the appropriate effect is.

TNG used a simple fade in/out:

https://youtu.be/bO7wE8snf2E

The films had a fancier effect, which was basically the same as Jem'Hadar stealthing/de-stealthing:

https://youtu.be/vr0OHhA6rGs

I checked and they used the film effect for Enterprise (towards the end of the video):

https://youtu.be/qfa2DfuZjbg

I went looking for other effects. The LMH from DS9 uses a static overlay (almost like a TOS beam-in/beam-out only grey and sped up) with a Jem'Hadar-style "deshroud" when initially activating:

https://youtu.be/IRAHZyrUFXk

I know these last bits potentially go outside your area but they might be handy reference at some point, especially since STO devs have talked about holodeck missions as an idea for years now and since the DS9 series (which has the only proper holo-mission) is up for work in the future. (Having the holograms there behave properly and perhaps having the Cardassian hologram enemies upgraded with a bit more -- authenticity -- would be a nice touch.)

Also, if you're looking for malfunctioning/obvious holograms (ie. glowing ghost effects), while it's strictly speaking outside the license, Star Trek 2009 does give us a glimpse of late 24th century Holograms in the form of the Narada controls:

https://youtu.be/hcy-l_0d0to

The look there is desaturated, semi-transparent (in color) with a white bloom and a gold effect sweeping over it (the last of which is similar to the MACO flicker). I'm not sure if you can use the effect but since it's a late 24th century ship with holo controls, it's probably not a bad source of inspiration.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015

Three tidbits on Photonic BOs:

1) We seem to have lost their mobile emitters...

2) Photonic MACOs remain uncustomizable...

3) I notice Photonic Macos have a flicker effect when they come into view...

Good stuff here.

It would be nice to get the Mobile Emitter and the Hologram Flicker effect as a costume unlock for Captains and BOFFs when commissioning a PBOFF. (It would be cool to at least pretend that you had an all photonic crew)

I'm hoping that the Tactical PBOFF gets the customizable treatment, too. Personally, I'd be OK with losing the MACO armor costume on him, if the PBOFF became customizable.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gorn are still missing the "Mass" and "Physique" sliders they were given when they got the new models. This bug have been around since season 7 now, I think .
    The other sliders hardly change the Gorn body, so you can't really edit them much.

Also kinda got a request.
    Here are two Slicked Back hairstyles we don't have, that a NPCs have.. http://i.imgur.com/vpnq5oS.jpg (both NPCs in picture are located on K-7, one is a vendor, Lieutenant Tal Nala, and the other is the tailor, Jil Kellet. Both located in the tailor area of K-7.)
    I even got the name of the longer of the two hairstyles a long time ago, its called "Slicked Back 05".
    The Slicked Back hairstyles we got acccess to are 01, 02, and 06. So where is 03, 04, and 05?

Anyway, would love to see them as player tailor options!
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice work on the Photonic Science Officer. Just checked out Tribble...

How did you get to edit the PhotoBOff? I just tried it on Tribble with three different characters and none would modify.

:(

Edit: I copied a character from Holodeck to Tribble that had an unopened Special Requisition Pack - Photonic Science Officer reward box, once on Tribble I discharged his existing BOff, and opened the BOff-in-the-box. Now that newly commissioned PhotoBOff was able to be modified like any normal BOff. So that's great, will just have to go around discharging and reclaiming from the C-Store once this goes live. Kinda of a pain to have to retrain all their skills, but a worthy price to pay to be able to change their appearance.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited May 2015
    How did you get to edit the PhotoBOff? I just tried it on Tribble with three different characters and none would modify.

:(

Edit: I copied a character from Holodeck to Tribble that had an unopened Special Requisition Pack - Photonic Science Officer reward box, once on Tribble I discharged his existing BOff, and opened the BOff-in-the-box. Now that newly commissioned PhotoBOff was able to be modified like any normal BOff. So that's great, will just have to go around discharging and reclaiming from the C-Store once this goes live. Kinda of a pain to have to retrain all their skills, but a worthy price to pay to be able to change their appearance.

Well, thats gonna be a problem for people that got the Photonic Science Officer from the Special Requisition Pack that was given in (I think it was) a lockbox? or other reward box thing, a while ago, and not as a referral reward. Those things aren't cheap on exchange if you gonna have to claim a new one.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Well, thats gonna be a problem for people that got the Photonic Science Officer from the Special Requisition Pack that was given in (I think it was) a lockbox? or other reward box thing, a while ago, and not as a referral reward. Those things aren't cheap on exchange if you gonna have to claim a new one.

Yeah, I brought that up in the Tribble thread. :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited May 2015
    The holiday gift box from the first QWW. I know because I have one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2015

3) I notice Photonic Macos have a flicker effect when they come into view. This is nice but the other two types DON'T have it and it's also a weird legacy flicker. What I would like to see is for all three types of Photonic Officer to get beam-in and death animations replaced with the same type as the EMH Mk 1's which are triggered by the hypospray. I haven't tested thoroughly but it seems like this is an alternative to a beaming animation. Since beam-in animation appears to be set by species (and therefore faction), it seems to me like giving Photonics an EMH style spawning animation could be doable.

In truth the only part of a P BOFF that would beam is the emitter itself, then the holographic activation would come into play.

As far as the silly faction specific beaming, does anyone know if Starfleet Klingons have Starfleet beaming?

Or is it more tied to what uniform you wear?
    Although, thinking about it more, the EMH's spawning animation is weird too.

I went looking for what the appropriate effect is.

TNG used a simple fade in/out:

https://youtu.be/bO7wE8snf2E

The films had a fancier effect, which was basically the same as Jem'Hadar stealthing/de-stealthing:

https://youtu.be/vr0OHhA6rGs

I checked and they used the film effect for Enterprise (towards the end of the video):

https://youtu.be/qfa2DfuZjbg

I went looking for other effects. The LMH from DS9 uses a static overlay (almost like a TOS beam-in/beam-out only grey and sped up) with a Jem'Hadar-style "deshroud" when initially activating:

https://youtu.be/IRAHZyrUFXk

I know these last bits potentially go outside your area but they might be handy reference at some point, especially since STO devs have talked about holodeck missions as an idea for years now and since the DS9 series (which has the only proper holo-mission) is up for work in the future. (Having the holograms there behave properly and perhaps having the Cardassian hologram enemies upgraded with a bit more -- authenticity -- would be a nice touch.)

Also, if you're looking for malfunctioning/obvious holograms (ie. glowing ghost effects), while it's strictly speaking outside the license, Star Trek 2009 does give us a glimpse of late 24th century Holograms in the form of the Narada controls:

https://youtu.be/hcy-l_0d0to

The look there is desaturated, semi-transparent (in color) with a white bloom and a gold effect sweeping over it (the last of which is similar to the MACO flicker). I'm not sure if you can use the effect but since it's a late 24th century ship with holo controls, it's probably not a bad source of inspiration.

Any of those would be acceptable, but I guess the LMH's would be the most appropriate for the time frame.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    In truth the only part of a P BOFF that would beam is the emitter itself, then the holographic activation would come into play.

Oh really???

https://youtu.be/9dyRmHKKKTQ?t=3m26s

:P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited May 2015
    I seem to be encountering a clipping problem with one of my BOffs - a KDF Alien 'Vorta' female wearing the Intel - Long top. When she's set to certain stances, especially 'Feminine', the collar of the Intel - Long top clips with her neck...
    edited May 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »

As far as the silly faction specific beaming, does anyone know if Starfleet Klingons have Starfleet beaming?

Or is it more tied to what uniform you wear?
    Inside the code, Starfleet Klingons are a different race than KDF Klingons. Beaming animations are usually an emote attached to your race.... BUT.... cutscenes don't always use the emote. Sometimes they just use a specific beam animation.

Which is funny in the case of the Kobali since she always uses the KDF animation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also kinda got a request.
    Here are two Slicked Back hairstyles we don't have, that a NPCs have.. http://i.imgur.com/vpnq5oS.jpg (both NPCs in picture are located on K-7, one is a vendor, Lieutenant Tal Nala, and the other is the tailor, Jil Kellet. Both located in the tailor area of K-7.)
    I even got the name of the longer of the two hairstyles a long time ago, its called "Slicked Back 05".
    The Slicked Back hairstyles we got acccess to are 01, 02, and 06. So where is 03, 04, and 05?

Anyway, would love to see them as player tailor options!

Seconding this request. As someone with 2 Cardassian and 1 Denobulan character I would love some more high forehead/slicked back hairdos to choose from.
    I seem to be encountering a clipping problem with one of my BOffs - a KDF Alien 'Vorta' female wearing the Intel - Long top. When she's set to certain stances, especially 'Feminine', the collar of the Intel - Long top clips with her neck...

I have had this issue on my Aliens for some time with the Intel tops, Winter Jackets, & many other higher collared outfits.
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
    edited May 2015
    About the Science Photonic Boff... D'ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

Thanks for the additional holograms on him but.. now that it seems we won't be able to change his uniform, can someone in the team please PLEASE change his uniform color into the regular black with blue science strips?

[URL="[URL=http://s852.photobucket.com/user/Manfred_Marschik/media/screenshot_2015-05-07-19-25-58_zpsbglropjv.jpg.html][IMG]http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/Manfred_Marschik/screenshot_2015-05-07-19-25-58_zpsbglropjv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]screenshot_2015-05-07-19-25-58_zpsbglropjv.jpg
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see some of the bugs listed in this thread got squished in today's patch notes - nice going and thanks devs!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And another has risen...

I purchased the Odyssey Excursion uniform from a fleet after I finished the tutorial on my DR about 4 weeks ago (give or take?)...

Logged in today, and I have no access to the Odyssey Excursion uniform any more... ??

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    here's a small thing, regarding the Klingon revamp that's in progress:

Apparently the fur sleeves on the "Klingon Fur Sleeves" upper under the "Loose" category can no longer be colored the deep "true" black that they used to be. Now they're greyish in color when set to black.

This is an Iconic Klingon uniform, and while it's not entirely "screen accurate", it's pretty much the most Klingon looking of the uniforms available.

Any chance we can get that color fixed, or added back to the palette please?

(just noticed: the Fur Sleeves Upper appears to clip on the T00, T01 and T02 sashes now...or maybe I just overlooked it before).
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Male Photonics (e.g. Photonic eng) have no access to the Odyssey Excursion belt now that the Ody Excursion pants are under Pants Knee High. ticket ID #3,433,480.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
    edited May 2015
    Adding to the list of "Bugged since 5/7 Patch", the Hirogen helmet has disappeared from the tailor, even if one owns the armor and costume unlock. Characters already wearing the helmet still have it, but any attempt to edit them removes it and the "Hats and Hoods" catagory where it should be doesn't even show it as existing in the tailor.
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stararmy wrote: »
    Male Photonics (e.g. Photonic eng) have no access to the Odyssey Excursion belt now that the Ody Excursion pants are under Pants Knee High. ticket ID #3,433,480.

I can confirm that no males have access to the Excursion belt now that the pants have been moved. Also, females have access to the Odyssey Dress belt under the Knee High section, but males do not.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
    edited May 2015
    I just did a quick test and it seems whatever's going on with the Ody Excursion belt and the Hirogen helmet is related - female characters and BOffs can still access the helmet just fine, it's only the males that can't, just like with the Excursion belt.
    edited May 2015
    Seconding this request. As someone with 2 Cardassian and 1 Denobulan character I would love some more high forehead/slicked back hairdos to choose from.

Indeed, my female Alien Gen Half Klingon doesn't have a lot of options when it comes to showing off the forehead. Would love the other longer, non-dread, hairstyles that shows off characters forehead.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Problem with the Odyssey Dress uniform.

there is some slight clipping on the left shoulder near the neck and parts of the uniform look blurry.

Here look at the shoulder and at the blurry red and gold stripes:

http://imgur.com/V2UM47o,ve2Cn0c#1

TH normal Odyssey has the same problems, the stripe across the chest/back is good but on the shoulders its blurred
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just a quick little issue that's been around for some time.

I have a KDF Aligned Female Reman toon - The Reman Nemesis Uniform shows up fine in game, but, in the Character/Toon selection screen, she is only shown in thr default Romulan Republic outfit

Her Boffs, wearing Reman Klingon garb show up fine however.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    And another has risen...

I purchased the Odyssey Excursion uniform from a fleet after I finished the tutorial on my DR about 4 weeks ago (give or take?)...

Logged in today, and I have no access to the Odyssey Excursion uniform any more... ??

CM

In response to my earlier post, I discovered that the Odyssey pants were in a different category... Moved, stealthily, without notice...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble