test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Thanks for the input regarding BOFF customization.
    We are discussing this. The issue right now is that we are hard at work on future updates. So when time opens up, we will see what can be done.

I appreciate the work you're putting in, and your constant updates on the forums to let us know what's getting sorted out/added. Lots of nice additions and fixes have come in of late. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A request I would like to add in that I'm sure a few people will appreciate. Since the change was done to the Romulan Alien females, the option for the eye color that I had picked disappeared. The other faction alien chars never had the option before so I would like to suggest to maybe add another eye option with the normal color panel. The current white one looks too reddish, it doesn't look right with my alien chars.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k537/starfleetcommander1/Comparison_zpsjpjybccb.png

Hope this helps to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are discussing this. The issue right now is that we are hard at work on future updates. So when time opens up, we will see what can be done.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

I really did not want to complain, there is not so much for me to complain in this game anyway, but for this price, the FPSB just looks very .. regular now in that grey brown color. The blue holo kit in addition doesnt do any favor.

I wouldnt mind to see him back in the Sierra Uniform. I dont need full customization, just.. a little bit.

[IMG][/img]screenshot_2015-04-10-23-40-33_zps2vufcteo.jpg

Thank you very much for considering this and to the whole art team: I love you guys. I am your love slave.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    By the way:

has there been a change done to the male upper body form? Near all of my male Boffs have lost their V form in Junary/February? Even the sliders for waist dont do much any more.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Putting in another reminder about KDF uniform options again. There are many items KDF NPCs use that players can't, unlike Fed and Romulan NPCs/uniform items. Sashes, longcoats, the rest of Nausicaan armors, the rest of Gorn items (like the chains). Plenty of items that players cannot use.

Fed players can replicate most of the look that Fed NPCs use. This isn't anywhere possible with the KDF players and the KDF NPCs that are encountered.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear..
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
    Ferasan earrings don't line up with ears on Feline Tucked.

An update on these issues. If something has been fixed, let me know. Otherwise, was wondering if there are any of these on the list for fixes being worked on or considered, thanks.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • katyusha454katyusha454 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ran into an odd bug yesterday, where a lot of zen-bought uniforms aren't available in the drop-down list that gives you the option to apply the whole uniform at once. Many of the fed ones are missing and, most obviously, all the Romulan ones. You can still add in all the individual bits with the advanced option, you just can't apply the whole uniform with one click because it's not on the list.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A request I would like to add in that I'm sure a few people will appreciate. Since the change was done to the Romulan Alien females, the option for the eye color that I had picked disappeared. The other faction alien chars never had the option before so I would like to suggest to maybe add another eye option with the normal color panel. The current white one looks too reddish, it doesn't look right with my alien chars.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k537/starfleetcommander1/Comparison_zpsjpjybccb.png

Hope this helps to show what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Maybe shes having an allergic reaction! :eek:

But support!
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any word on a possible fix for this? =/

I have the same issue with that too, please fix!
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just wanted to ask again if there is a chance that Romulans can get access to their allied Unforms. TOS, Mirror Universe, Bajoran, and others for Fed allied and the klingon Uniforms, Klingon Academy and maybe even Orion (because Klingons have not as many Uniforms) for Klingon allied Romulans.

Right now its more than confusing that some Parts of some uniforms show up but others don´t. My Fed allied Romulan can get the Bajoran Belt but not the Uniform, the Enterprise MU Patches but, again, not the uniform.

I´d also love to see some Kind of Cropped Top for Romulans, no matter which side they choose. And more skirts plz
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Can I make a suggestion?

I would like it if, for consistency, the special BOs -- to the greatest extent possible:

- Unlocked a costume piece even if only as a dropdown like the Xindi BOff and Talaxian BOff.

- Could be customized.

So, for example, the Photonic MACO might be customizable but default to the MACO dropdown where it unlocks the Photonic MACO pieces as costume options.

I would also suggest that you might sell more costumes by bundling them this way in the future, at very little added expense.

So that each of the C-Store uniforms come with a BOff in that uniform (and you might make them per character and adjust the price).

C-Store BOffs in turn might unlock a costume option.

Basically, here's what I'd like:

- Rebundle costumes and BOffs so that they are one purchase ala the new Lobi BOffs. You get a one time BOff modeling each of these costumes who models the costume. This might mean, for instance, a special BOff who is presented in the TNG S1 Admiral uniform and has a special trait and maybe a unique ability to display admiral rank despite his actual game rank. Assigning him unlocks the costume.

- From there, maybe have a modest fee on any costume feature or per character item to make it an account claim, which varies depending on the item but is typically 50% of the cost of the per character unlock, which you must also own.

- So maybe 750 ZEN gets you a flavor BO modeling a costume, per character unlock of the costume on assignment and something unique/special about the BO like a trait or gear piece they come equipped with. An additional 375 ZEN will make that costume accountwide. Maybe 300 Lobi gets you a BOff that unlocks a costume. 150 Lobi would make that costume accountwide. I think it's a fairly attainable system and could be more profitable than what you have now. Basically, you'd have a special store UI that lists your per character unlocks that are eligible to be upgraded to account level claims.

That would be my ideal implementation at least.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I myself kinda wanna see a thin whip like tail for aliens, and maybe a "bladed" option for it too. I am making all my aliens from a species like is kinda resembling demons.

Any word on this Callevista? Even a no would be better than nothing. Although, my Delta Recruit sure would like to have the tail she was intended to have!

captain-glamour.png

Don't make Talia mad, you wouldn't like her when she is mad. :D

I know I already posted this, but I never did get any response before it got buried in other parts of this topic.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there seems to be a problem with the kobali boff when she's on kdf side.

she still uses federation uniforms. since the kobali armor uniform is no longer obtainable, it's also not possible to edit her for any new characters without permanently losing the armor.

she also isn't able to use any eye attachments except the "sunglasses glam". no eyepatches, no intel glasses, none of the risian glasses, nor visors.

the eye attach may be related to her unique head shape, when you use an alien/photonic eng boff and give him hierarchy head he has the same problem.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    there seems to be a problem with the kobali boff when she's on kdf side.

she still uses federation uniforms. since the kobali armor uniform is no longer obtainable, it's also not possible to edit her for any new characters without permanently losing the armor.

she also isn't able to use any eye attachments except the "sunglasses glam". no eyepatches, no intel glasses, none of the risian glasses, nor visors.

the eye attach may be related to her unique head shape, when you use an alien/photonic eng boff and give him hierarchy head he has the same problem.

OK, I've seen this said elsewhere, but hadn't checked it out yet myself. The Kobali Uniform is no longer available since the Anniversary? Whose idea was that?! Players, new and old, already cannot get the Samsar with its Starship Trait and warp core to complete the Kobali Space set, since that was the advertised Anniversary prize. But they took away the Kobali Uniform, too?!? Why? :confused: Man, that just sucks. :(
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited April 2015
    OK, I've seen this said elsewhere, but hadn't checked it out yet myself. The Kobali Uniform is no longer available since the Anniversary? Whose idea was that?! Players, new and old, already cannot get the Samsar with its Starship Trait and warp core to complete the Kobali Space set, since that was the advertised Anniversary prize. But they took away the Kobali Uniform, too?!? Why? :confused: Man, that just sucks. :(

Yeah, I think it really sucks they took the uniform away from that mission after the Anniversary. It also sucks that the command cruiser bundle now can't get it's 4 piece set bonus for any new toons. Though weirdly, I care more about the costume being removed.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I think it really sucks they took the uniform away from that mission after the Anniversary. It also sucks that the command cruiser bundle now can't get it's 4 piece set bonus for any new toons. Though weirdly, I care more about the costume being removed.

I guess, I assumed they would put the Samsar in the Lobi Store like they did with the Dyson Science Destroyer last year, because of the 4-piece set. So, I wasn't very worried about it. The cruiser was the real Anniversary prize, so it made since that it was available for a limited time.

But I don't recall hearing from anywhere during the Anniversary that the uniform wouldn't be available after the Event. In fact, I thought it was stated that all rewards would still be available after the Event ended. I assumed that meant the Kobali Uniform as well.

As was stated earlier, new toons or toons that didn't run the Event, do not have access to the Kobali Armor. The Kobali officer that is still obtainable from the mission, although customizable, cannot be customized without losing its Kobali Armor look since they can no longer claim the Kobali Uniform.

I don't understand why this decision was made. I would implore Cryptic to put the Kobail Uniform back in the rewards for "Dust to Dust", or at least allow the Kobali Uniform to be unlocked with getting the Kobali BOFF from the maze.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and if everything else fails, make the outfit available by default for the kobali boff only, with everyone else needing to get it. as far as i know there are already race-specific uniforms/parts for certain races like nausicaans.

her armor (and if devs felt nice, the early broken hierarchy boff's outfit. the editable one, who also had a fed only uniform problem, and didn't have his body skin and hands/feet linked to his head model like the risian npc does, so he had invisible torso) would be selectable without trouble as long as she was being edited, without the need to have it unlocked. but only for her.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    edited April 2015
    I guess, I assumed they would put the Samsar in the Lobi Store like they did with the Dyson Science Destroyer last year, because of the 4-piece set. So, I wasn't very worried about it. The cruiser was the real Anniversary prize, so it made since that it was available for a limited time.

But I don't recall hearing from anywhere during the Anniversary that the uniform wouldn't be available after the Event. In fact, I thought it was stated that all rewards would still be available after the Event ended. I assumed that meant the Kobali Uniform as well.

As was stated earlier, new toons or toons that didn't run the Event, do not have access to the Kobali Armor. The Kobali officer that is still obtainable from the mission, although customizable, cannot be customized without losing its Kobali Armor look since they can no longer claim the Kobali Uniform.

I don't understand why this decision was made. I would implore Cryptic to put the Kobail Uniform back in the rewards for "Dust to Dust", or at least allow the Kobali Uniform to be unlocked with getting the Kobali BOFF from the maze.

Yeah, they did keep saying that ALL rewards from the mission would be staying after the event, except the 400 Qmendations. Then when the posted the "last few days" dev blog they said the uniform would no longer be available. No Devs responded to questions of why they decided to remove it from the rewards. Shame really, not only for that Boff (though that does make that boff kind of useless when it comes to customization) but also because that uniform unlock was very nice.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They did inform us that the Kobali uniform would be going away after the anniversary, but I don't think it was made clear anywhere in-game or the promotional material.

Hopefully it becomes a replay reward. It's such a shame to make such a nice outfit one time only.
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been making a list of tailor bugs, including a few interesting ones. My handle is @skymagus00.

First, on my new Delta Recruit's (Harbinger V'Met, female alien KDF) new photonic BOFF, I found some very interesting stances:

http://i.imgur.com/oIuUpkB.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/yLi0vro.jpg

Further up that list there are stances for the Heralds too. I can't 'purchase' any non-standard stances, though (they come up with the invalid parts message). For whatever reason, he also cannot equip shoulder costume items and the panel with the generic costumes (Warrior, Scarlet etc.) is blank. However, this appears to limited to that one BOFF on that one character. It would be awesome if we could get a few of these stances on our player characters though, particularly the floaty ones. :D

Second, the new 'braided' hairstyle on Rameses (Fed Alien Male, also reproduced on KDF alien female and KDF alien male) has a bulge problem:

http://i.imgur.com/C2KSWtE.jpg

It seems to be remaining as per the ridged head type despite being on a humanoid head type. Interestingly, my Fed Alien Female cannot reproduce this problem.

However, said Fed Alien Female (Cyba Zero) has floating dreds (possibly due to her unusual skull shape):

http://i.imgur.com/Ysx2nUX.jpg

The same character also has a painful-looking sword-through-chest problem when carrying her Shattering Harmonics Crystalline Sword unsheathed if using the 'thoughtful' stance:

http://i.imgur.com/eYVu92u.jpg

Lastly, wouldn't it be amazing if Cryptic got a 3D-printer (or teamed up with another company) and players could buy little real-world figures of their STO characters? We have so many fantastic costumes ingame now. I particularly like the Vaadwaur coat and Undine biotech armour.

http://i.imgur.com/GD2el8g.jpg

*Crosses fingers for playable Harbinger robes and weaponry sometime in the future* :D
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    skymagus00 wrote: »
    I've been making a list of tailor bugs, including a few interesting ones. My handle is @skymagus00.

First, on my new Delta Recruit's (Harbinger V'Met, female alien KDF) new photonic BOFF, I found some very interesting stances:

http://i.imgur.com/oIuUpkB.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/yLi0vro.jpg

Further up that list there are stances for the Heralds too. I can't 'purchase' any non-standard stances, though (they come up with the invalid parts message). For whatever reason, he also cannot equip shoulder costume items and the panel with the generic costumes (Warrior, Scarlet etc.) is blank. However, this appears to limited to that one BOFF on that one character. It would be awesome if we could get a few of these stances on our player characters though, particularly the floaty ones. :D

Second, the new 'braided' hairstyle on Rameses (Fed Alien Male, also reproduced on KDF alien female and KDF alien male) has a bulge problem:

http://i.imgur.com/C2KSWtE.jpg

It seems to be remaining as per the ridged head type despite being on a humanoid head type. Interestingly, my Fed Alien Female cannot reproduce this problem.

However, said Fed Alien Female (Cyba Zero) has floating dreds (possibly due to her unusual skull shape):

http://i.imgur.com/Ysx2nUX.jpg

The same character also has a painful-looking sword-through-chest problem when carrying her Shattering Harmonics Crystalline Sword unsheathed if using the 'thoughtful' stance:

http://i.imgur.com/eYVu92u.jpg

Lastly, wouldn't it be amazing if Cryptic got a 3D-printer (or teamed up with another company) and players could buy little real-world figures of their STO characters? We have so many fantastic costumes ingame now. I particularly like the Vaadwaur coat and Undine biotech armour.

http://i.imgur.com/GD2el8g.jpg

*Crosses fingers for playable Harbinger robes and weaponry sometime in the future* :D

Thank you for letting us know of these issues.
    We are looking into it.
    edited April 2015
    Callevista, I know this may not be directly your department, but do you think we're ever going to see Romulan versions of special boffs. By that I mean Boffs such as the veteran Android, or the new Delta Recruit Photonic? I really love using them, because for ground combat they have some very handy traits, but on my Romulan toons it just seems stupid beaming down and both my away team members are wearing Starfleet/KDF uniforms.

It wouldn't be nearly so annoying them being from our allied faction, if they at least had access to Romulan uniforms.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Callevista, I know this may not be directly your department, but do you think we're ever going to see Romulan versions of special boffs. By that I mean Boffs such as the veteran Android, or the new Delta Recruit Photonic? I really love using them, because for ground combat they have some very handy traits, but on my Romulan toons it just seems stupid beaming down and both my away team members are wearing Starfleet/KDF uniforms.

It wouldn't be nearly so annoying them being from our allied faction, if they at least had access to Romulan uniforms.

OMG, ^^^THIS^^^

YES, PLEASE!

:o

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I wish they would make "Romulan" versions of all the reward Boffs, because otherwise they tend to sue your allies animations and not the Romulan ones.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for letting us know of these issues.
    We are looking into it.

hey callevista, just passing along that part of the issue with the crystalline sword is that the Nukara Rep version of the sword does not have the "Draw" animation, nor does it go into the various "I'm holding a sword" stances until you've used at least one attack.

the Lobi version of the sword does not have these issues.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is funny how the one costume I actually liked doesn't even work anymore lol.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    hey callevista, just passing along that part of the issue with the crystalline sword is that the Nukara Rep version of the sword does not have the "Draw" animation, nor does it go into the various "I'm holding a sword" stances until you've used at least one attack.

That's funny... I posted a report about that very issue last August, and it was confirmed by a Dev.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185321

Its necro bait now, but proof that I reported it and was confirmed by a Dev at the time. Wonder what happened to Frost anyways?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This probably wont get in like some other suggestions of mine, but I wonder what kind of idea(dumb, but lets find out) it would be to have alternate beards for Tellarite players?
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015

Thanks, we'll take a look.

As for any new BOFF, Romulan, Photonic, etc - that is up to our Design dept. But I will pass along your suggestions.
    edited April 2015
    As for any new BOFF, Romulan, Photonic, etc - that is up to our Design dept. But I will pass along your suggestions.

Thank you, it would be very much appreciated! :)