test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• rebelwnc73rebelwnc73 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does the Delta Armor costume have helmet?
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    rebelwnc73 wrote: »
    Does the Delta Armor costume have helmet?

No. No gloves either. As far as I know, we're not getting any.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    No. No gloves either. As far as I know, we're not getting any.

And that just sucks. :-/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    A few updates:

Caitian Tails for Males have been adjusted to minimize floor clipping.

Capes and Loin cloths have been adjusted to further minimize clipping with the legs and waist areas.

Photonic Boffs are still being tested - more information perhaps next week.

Regarding the skin options: Due to changes to our tasklists a while ago, the additional skin assets were not fully implemented. We are considering putting them back on the schedule as soon as time permits. Right now we are hunkered down trying to get a few important tasks out the door.

The aforementioned revisions should go out soon.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Would it be possible for us to get a personal mission patch? Basically the same as the Fleet patch, but this one is made by the player for their character. Perhaps putting it on the opposite shoulder, so that both Fleet and mission patches can be worn simultaneously. Not sure how this would implement with KDF since their "combadge" is on the shoulder, maybe an either or thing.

Also, I know it been mentioned before, but not sure if the Devs have commented on it or whether it could be done. Can we get ribbons and medals added as uniform options? I know we have the TOS ones, but I was thinking more along the lines of this:

http://imgur.com/Iyg6KEg

Additionally, would it be possible to use the ribbon and medal images unlocked in the Accolades? Possibly with a UI that allows us to select which ones are displayed? Obviously the number of wearable items would have to be limited, but it would be great if we could choose which ones they were.

Thats an interesting idea. I will run it by our designers.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Would it be possible for us to get a personal mission patch? Basically the same as the Fleet patch, but this one is made by the player for their character. Perhaps putting it on the opposite shoulder, so that both Fleet and mission patches can be worn simultaneously. Not sure how this would implement with KDF since their "combadge" is on the shoulder, maybe an either or thing.

Also, I know it been mentioned before, but not sure if the Devs have commented on it or whether it could be done. Can we get ribbons and medals added as uniform options? I know we have the TOS ones, but I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Additionally, would it be possible to use the ribbon and medal images unlocked in the Accolades? Possibly with a UI that allows us to select which ones are displayed? Obviously the number of wearable items would have to be limited, but it would be great if we could choose which ones they were.
    callevista wrote: »

SO AMAZING...

I Like the Personal Mission Patch the Best!!!

Please make that a Thing
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Along with the Mission Patch, could we get the MACO patch as a option?

It would look great on the Ody uniform.
    edited May 2015
    kazabok wrote: »
    Along with the Mission Patch, could we get the MACO patch as a option?

It would look great on the Ody uniform.

I believe the MACO logo is an available element when creating Fleet patches, so conceivably you could make your mission patch as a MACO patch.
    GrWzQke.png
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A few updates:

Capes and Loin cloths have been adjusted to further minimize clipping with the legs and waist areas.

Regarding the skin options: Due to changes to our tasklists a while ago, the additional skin assets were not fully implemented. We are considering putting them back on the schedule as soon as time permits. Right now we are hunkered down trying to get a few important tasks out the door.

What about female felines? This is also affecting them greatly. Thanks for the updates.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not...

But the Risan female beach comber shorts clip very badly and have "block" coloring on them.. both front side and back.

And I have a question... for this year's summer even on Risa, are catians going to be able to get sunglasses?

• amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I love all of these ideas, but I especially love the idea of being able to actually wear the medals from our accolades. I'm sure that's not a trivial ask, since we're talking about a potentially large number of new art assets, as well as the code to identify which ones the player is eligible to wear, etc.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A few updates:

Great, great. A thing to look forward to hearing about perhaps next week, then. Thanks!
    Would it be possible for us to get a personal mission patch... [and] ...ribbons and medals added as uniform options? ....

OoooOOoooohh, I'd support this +1 gajillion!!! :cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited May 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not...

But the Risan female beach comber shorts clip very badly and have "block" coloring on them.. both front side and back.

And I have a question... for this year's summer even on Risa, are catians going to be able to get sunglasses?

Also, recently noticed that the Risian Beachcomber shirt is clipping on at least one of my male toons: Basil@BaddMoonRizin. He's a FED LibBorg male.

With the Summer Event coming soon, we might all want to check out our summer attire and make sure there aren't issues before the Lohlunat Festival is upon us again. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    edited May 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    I love all of these ideas, but I especially love the idea of being able to actually wear the medals from our accolades. I'm sure that's not a trivial ask, since we're talking about a potentially large number of new art assets, as well as the code to identify which ones the player is eligible to wear, etc.

Technically, the art is already in-game, as some accolades have ribbons or medals associated with them under your Accolades tab.

I'd imagine that it would be a matter of formatting them in such a way as to be wearable on a uniform, while simultaneously creating a wearable asset that can present a multitude of variable options selected by the user.

Another, simpler way might be to just make generic sets of ribbons and medals (perhaps with visual unlocks related to accolade achievements, and allowing players to set colors) and have a UI that allows players to choose displayed ribbons/medals, so when a player clicks on another player and reads their bio, those chosen awards are displayed on a ribbon rack with medals along with the bio.
    GrWzQke.png
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Thanks; good to know they're still in the works.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Iconian Armor changes on Tribble:

http://brisson-sto.tumblr.com/post/117881025356/iconian-armor-1

First off, thanks for the changes. This armor is looking great now. I really like it. :)

I found one issue though. The belt isn't accepting a second color. Looking at the details, it probably should, to match the other pieces.

I am currently avoiding the bulky head piece. A 'slim' version would be awesome.

If requests are still allowed, it would be nice to also disable the red highlight on several pieces (gloves, shoulders, backpack, head piece are the ones more evident) the same way you can disable the red stripe glow. Or give an option to change their color.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Iconian Armor changes on Tribble:

http://brisson-sto.tumblr.com/post/117881025356/iconian-armor-1

First off, thanks for the changes. This armor is looking great now. I really like it. :)

I found one issue though. The belt isn't accepting a second color. Looking at the details, it probably should, to match the other pieces.

I am currently avoiding the bulky head piece. A 'slim' version would be awesome.

If requests are still allowed, it would be nice to also disable the red highlight on several pieces (gloves, shoulders, backpack, head piece are the ones more evident) the same way you can disable the red stripe glow. Or give an option to change their color.

Wow that looks boss. Also like the normal combadge on the uniform.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Not sure this has ever been answered before.... any chance the BOFFs can get access to some of the off duty outfits, like the Mercenary and Talaxian clothing?
    We can certainly look at that. But the question is - which BOFFs would you specifically mean? It really depends because some BOFFs are simply not set up to use certain outfits (due to clipping, missing parts, etc.)

Ideally, any typical BOFF would be able to wear off duty outfits. By that I mean, BOFFs that one could readily acquire through a BOFF vendor.

IMO, primarily, it would be great if BOFFs were able to wear, at the very least, all outfits (including the off duty outfits) from the Lobi store. These outfits are acquired at a premium and are also only available on the toon that opens the crate. Restricting their wear to only the captain might make some balk at buying Lobi clothing since their usability is so limited. And besides, who wouldn't appreciate being able to dress up an entire Ferengi crew in the Ferengi outfits? :D

Secondarily, making the default off duty clothing, including robes, available to BOFFs, with the C-Store Mercenary outfit as well, would be helpful. Many of these, in various combinations, are seen being worn by a variety of NPCs across the galaxy. Personally, I could make good use of some of these on an all Vulcan crew since we don't have official Vulcan uniforms outside of T'Pol's.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited May 2015
    == Spoiler Alert ==

Anyone interested in the customization of Photo BOffs may want to take a look at the Tribble Release Notes from today...

:eek:

:cool:

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited May 2015
    == Spoiler Alert ==

Anyone interested in the customization of Photo BOffs may want to take a look at the Tribble Release Notes from today...

That is awesome. :cool:
    GrWzQke.png
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    == Spoiler Alert ==

All of my happy/feel good hormones just went into one part of my body... :D
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Photonic Delta BOff now has hologram effects, nice... but what's a Holographic Medical BOff? I don't remember hearing of those before...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Photonic Delta BOff now has hologram effects, nice... but what's a Holographic Medical BOff? I don't remember hearing of those before...

from an old? reward program, or ze Exchange

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Starfleet_Photonic_Science_Officer_Candidate
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah, now I recognize it - I remembered it as 'Photonic Science Officer', so the Tribble notes calling it 'Holographic Medical Officer' threw me off.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah, now I recognize it - I remembered it as 'Photonic Science Officer', so the Tribble notes calling it 'Holographic Medical Officer' threw me off.
    The old Fed tutorial had one, and it looked exactly the same as the default appearance that Photonic Science officers came with in Season 4.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know it this has ever been discussed or if a reason was given but why is the Wells badge perma-attached to the Wells top? It still irks me that I got the Wells outfit for the badge and now I don't even use it simply because I wanted the badge(after going through many temporal instances)... not the uniform. :/
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice work on the Photonic Science Officer. Just checked out Tribble.

Three tidbits on Photonic BOs:

1) We seem to have lost their mobile emitters. I think those disappeared in the uniform update to the Odyssey uniforms, actually, but it was a nice detail before. Really, they ought to be required to have them visible since they're the only way to find the body of a deactivated photonic. Even if not REQUIRED, I'd like to see the band restored as an option for all types of photonic BO. Maybe this could be made a costume piece that only unlocks upon receiving any of the three photonic BOffs.

2) Photonic MACOs remain uncustomizable. I get the basic idea: they're photonic and have a unique costume. What I would like is this:

- Make them customizable.
    - Have them unlock photonic MACO costume options at the tailor, ala the Xindi BOff.
    - This allows them to keep their unique visual (and perhaps allows a captain to use this unique visual as well). The appeal of buying them goes up both due to their customizability and the costume piece they unlock, much as the Xindi BOff unlocks a costume.

3) I notice Photonic Macos have a flicker effect when they come into view. This is nice but the other two types DON'T have it and it's also a weird legacy flicker. What I would like to see is for all three types of Photonic Officer to get beam-in and death animations replaced with the same type as the EMH Mk 1's which are triggered by the hypospray. I haven't tested thoroughly but it seems like this is an alternative to a beaming animation. Since beam-in animation appears to be set by species (and therefore faction), it seems to me like giving Photonics an EMH style spawning animation could be doable.

Although, thinking about it more, the EMH's spawning animation is weird too.

I went looking for what the appropriate effect is.

TNG used a simple fade in/out:

https://youtu.be/bO7wE8snf2E

The films had a fancier effect, which was basically the same as Jem'Hadar stealthing/de-stealthing:

https://youtu.be/vr0OHhA6rGs

I checked and they used the film effect for Enterprise (towards the end of the video):

https://youtu.be/qfa2DfuZjbg

I went looking for other effects. The LMH from DS9 uses a static overlay (almost like a TOS beam-in/beam-out only grey and sped up) with a Jem'Hadar-style "deshroud" when initially activating:

https://youtu.be/IRAHZyrUFXk

I know these last bits potentially go outside your area but they might be handy reference at some point, especially since STO devs have talked about holodeck missions as an idea for years now and since the DS9 series (which has the only proper holo-mission) is up for work in the future. (Having the holograms there behave properly and perhaps having the Cardassian hologram enemies upgraded with a bit more -- authenticity -- would be a nice touch.)

Also, if you're looking for malfunctioning/obvious holograms (ie. glowing ghost effects), while it's strictly speaking outside the license, Star Trek 2009 does give us a glimpse of late 24th century Holograms in the form of the Narada controls:

https://youtu.be/hcy-l_0d0to

The look there is desaturated, semi-transparent (in color) with a white bloom and a gold effect sweeping over it (the last of which is similar to the MACO flicker). I'm not sure if you can use the effect but since it's a late 24th century ship with holo controls, it's probably not a bad source of inspiration.
    edited May 2015
    Nice work on the Photonic Science Officer. Just checked out Tribble.

Three tidbits on Photonic BOs:

1) We seem to have lost their mobile emitters...

2) Photonic MACOs remain uncustomizable...

3) I notice Photonic Macos have a flicker effect when they come into view...

Good stuff here.

It would be nice to get the Mobile Emitter and the Hologram Flicker effect as a costume unlock for Captains and BOFFs when commissioning a PBOFF. (It would be cool to at least pretend that you had an all photonic crew)

I'm hoping that the Tactical PBOFF gets the customizable treatment, too. Personally, I'd be OK with losing the MACO armor costume on him, if the PBOFF became customizable.
    GrWzQke.png
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gorn are still missing the "Mass" and "Physique" sliders they were given when they got the new models. This bug have been around since season 7 now, I think .
    The other sliders hardly change the Gorn body, so you can't really edit them much.

Also kinda got a request.
    Here are two Slicked Back hairstyles we don't have, that a NPCs have.. http://i.imgur.com/vpnq5oS.jpg (both NPCs in picture are located on K-7, one is a vendor, Lieutenant Tal Nala, and the other is the tailor, Jil Kellet. Both located in the tailor area of K-7.)
    I even got the name of the longer of the two hairstyles a long time ago, its called "Slicked Back 05".
    The Slicked Back hairstyles we got acccess to are 01, 02, and 06. So where is 03, 04, and 05?

Anyway, would love to see them as player tailor options!
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
    edited May 2015
    Nice work on the Photonic Science Officer. Just checked out Tribble...

How did you get to edit the PhotoBOff? I just tried it on Tribble with three different characters and none would modify.

:(

Edit: I copied a character from Holodeck to Tribble that had an unopened Special Requisition Pack - Photonic Science Officer reward box, once on Tribble I discharged his existing BOff, and opened the BOff-in-the-box. Now that newly commissioned PhotoBOff was able to be modified like any normal BOff. So that's great, will just have to go around discharging and reclaiming from the C-Store once this goes live. Kinda of a pain to have to retrain all their skills, but a worthy price to pay to be able to change their appearance.