test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    A few other updates that went to the test server:

- Klingon Females should now appear with their back ridges when using a cropped Winter Jacket.

-The Wells Badges Should better fit on uppers.

-Female Klingon Honor Guard Boots should animate better (should no longer have an an awkward animation)

More updates can be seen in the patch notes:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23247211#post23247211

We are trying to get a few scheduled tasks completed this week, and after that we'll have time to address the issues that have been posted recently.
  • firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    - Klingon Females should now appear with their back ridges when using a cropped Winter Jacket.

Does this include Liberated Klingons out of curiousity?
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
    edited April 2015
    Does this include Liberated Klingons out of curiousity?

From our testing with the new updates, Female Liberated Klingons (Federation aligned) appear correctly with their back ridges when wearing cropped winter jackets.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    not sure whether it was mentioned and buried somewhere in 131 other pages or not, but for some reason my gorn's legs disappear when i put him in a risian swimsuit (the shorts to be exact). he's just a flying torso, shorts and feet.

i rechecked files a few times, tried it on both holodeck and tribble, same result. so i don't think it's corrupted files.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    not sure whether it was mentioned and buried somewhere in 131 other pages or not, but for some reason my gorn's legs disappear when i put him in a risian swimsuit (the shorts to be exact). he's just a flying torso, shorts and feet.

Screencap. Screencap now! :D

(character@handle should help the devs, too.)
    edited April 2015

i rechecked files a few times, tried it on both holodeck and tribble, same result. so i don't think it's corrupted files.

The fix for Gorn legs appearing with the male swimsuit shorts is on its way. It will be sent to the servers in a week or two.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    not sure whether it was mentioned and buried somewhere in 131 other pages or not, but for some reason my gorn's legs disappear when i put him in a risian swimsuit (the shorts to be exact). he's just a flying torso, shorts and feet...

I recommend following the instructions in the OP and provide the affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant), if dealing with a captain or BO costume, your submitted bug-ticket number, links to pictures, and any other detailed information that can help find and resolve the problem.

Good luck!

:)

Edit: Ninja'd by Callevista. Fix incomming, yay!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just going to ask, any chance of getting combadges with the dyson uniform? I love the uniform, but it looks silly for my officers to tap their bare chests.

Thanks. :)
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Not sure this has ever been answered before.... any chance the BOFFs can get access to some of the off duty outfits, like the Mercenary and Talaxian clothing?

We can certainly look at that. But the question is - which BOFFs would you specifically mean? It really depends because some BOFFs are simply not set up to use certain outfits (due to clipping, missing parts, etc.)
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited April 2015

-The Wells Badges Should better fit on uppers.

-Female Klingon Honor Guard Boots should animate better (should no longer have an an awkward animation)

More updates can be seen in the patch notes:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23247211#post23247211

We are trying to get a few scheduled tasks completed this week, and after that we'll have time to address the issues that have been posted recently.

Any idea if/when we might see pallet fixes for Liberated Romulan/Reman Characters/BOFFs Boots? Several sets don't have the same pallet that Non-Liberated Borg Romulan/Reman characters/Boffs have. Off the top of my head, the Romulan Civillian Work Boots, Intel, and Dyson Boots all have limited pallets when its on a Liberated Borg Romulan or Reman, both player characters and BOFFs.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We can certainly look at that. But the question is - which BOFFs would you specifically mean? It really depends because some BOFFs are simply not set up to use certain outfits (due to clipping, missing parts, etc.)

I will pay hundreds of Zen if I can give at least every regular humanoid Boff (Vulcan, Trill, Bajoran,..) the possibility to wear Off-Duty/Formal outfits.

Or give every Boff an Uniform and an Off-Duty template/slot.

Pleeeeeeaasssseeee!!!

And any chance we can give the Fed Photonic Science Officer an other uniform? The Odyssey Medical dress in beige is very ... well.. heavy on the eye..

I love you guys.
    edited April 2015
    ...And any chance we can give the Fed Photonic Science Officer an other uniform?...

This +1.

Please?

Thanks.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited April 2015
    I will pay hundreds of Zen if I can give at least every regular humanoid Boff (Vulcan, Trill, Bajoran,..) the possibility to wear Off-Duty/Formal outfits.

Or give every Boff an Uniform and an Off-Duty template/slot.

Pleeeeeeaasssseeee!!!

And any chance we can give the Fed Photonic Science Officer an other uniform? The Odyssey Medical dress in beige is very ... well.. heavy on the eye..

I love you guys.
    This +1.

Please?

Thanks.

:D

Can you please post a screenshot of which Photonic BOFF you're talking about?
    This will help us find the actual data faster.
    From there we'll see what we can do.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Oh my God, oh my God!

Does this help? http://sto.gamepedia.com/Starfleet_Photonic_Science_Officer_Candidate.
    (In his good old uniform)

He now wears the Odyssey Medical Dress Uniform since the 2410 Uniform revamp.

He is still obtainable sometimes from the Exchange, and I love him. It is just... the new Uniform color isn't doing him any favor.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    edited April 2015

Organicmanfred has already linked to the Federation PBOff, which is great! Like him, I also am not a fan of the new panels and pockets uniform. I'd rather he was dressed like The Doctor we see in the new missions, just like this. (ETA: I mean I'd like the outfit on my PBOff to look like The Doctor, not necessarily the facial features to resemble Mr. Picardo. Though that would be cool/fine, too... I do actually like the existing PBOff's appearance, other than his clothes.)

Here are some additional in-game shots of the Fed PBOff:

Loading screen (See how his uniform stands out against the rest of the crew?).

As viewed in the Tailor (Notice that we can't rename, can't modify).

This is a PBOff of my Fed character: Sulok@PatricianVetinari, the PBOff's name is Freud.

Callevista, please do not forget the Klingon PBOff. He's stuck in the old basic KDF:

Here is his in-game "character sheet" (Note how his appearance pre-dates KDF having Kit Visuals, so no holo pieces).

As viewed in the Tailor (Again, can't rename, can't modify).

This is a PBOff of my KDF character: Tu'rook@PatricianVetinari, the PBOff's name was long ago changed to G'Rok, but in the Tailor it still says G'trok, since that was it's original name (and it can't be changed in the Tailor).

Given a choice, we could get him in the same Bortasqu Warrior uniform we can apply to our characters in the Tailor.

Actually, ideally, these PBOffs could be unlocked and made to be fully customizable (similar to how the new Delta Recruit Engineering PBOff is supposed to be). Because if you force in a change, there will be players who will be unhappy... I've seen people say they like the original Sierra 04, for example.

Thanks again for looking into this.

May 2015 Update: Thanks to the work by CalleVista, et al, PBOffs of both factions are now fully customizable!

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Actually, ideally, these PBOffs could be unlocked and made to be fully customizable (similar to how the new Delta Recruit Engineering PBOff is supposed to be). Because if you force in a change, there will be players who will be unhappy... I've seen people say they like the original Sierra 04, for example.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Seems that I saw somewhere that a player asked for this very thing. The Dev response was that, basically, a whole new model would need to be built for that, as the current PBOFFs aren't built for customization. (This would also seem to explain the lack of customization on other unique BOFFs)

I don't pretend to know how any of the coding of these things works, so my question is: can the model used for the ENG PBOFF be used to "copy over" to the SCI and even TAC PBOFFs to make them fully customizable? Full customization should actually make everyone happy in this case, since those of us who want our HoloDoctor in the Odyssey could have that, and those that would rather the original Sierra could have that, too.

Heck, perhaps, put out NEW fully customizable SCI & TAC PBOFFs. That way the originals' uniqueness is still preserved.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited April 2015
    Seems that I saw somewhere that a player asked for this very thing...
    Yup, that was me. :D
    The Dev response was that, basically, a whole new model would need to be built for that...
    And that was Borticus who replied to me. :cool:

He never said it couldn't be done. I'd rather think he was just telling me that the addition of this new Eng PBOff wouldn't automatically make the Sci PBOff customizable. Which I didn't think it would, I was/am only asking that they make it so (whatever it takes), as I continue to campaign for here.

Hey Callevista, while we're on the subject of PBOffs, Baddmoonrizin's post reminded me that there is a Tac PBOff available in-game. It's a Lobi store item, who's appearance is locked in a unique MACO armor. I personally don't have one to supply in-game pix, but here's the wiki page on it:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Photonic_Tactical_Officer_Candidate

• drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there any chance of letting non-Talaxians use some of their parts, such as the hair or spots? This in particular pertains to Alien characters.
    edited April 2015
    Yup, that was me. :D

And that was Borticus who replied to me. :cool:

He never said it couldn't be done. I'd rather think he was just telling me that the addition of this new Eng PBOff wouldn't automatically make the Sci PBOff customizable. Which I didn't think it would, I was/am only asking that they make it so (whatever it takes), as I continue to campaign for here.

Exactly. Didn't realize that it was you, Havelock. But yes, I got the impression that he was saying it would be too much work to make the current SCI PBOFF customizable, akin to making an entirely new model. Of course, he stops short of saying, "no, we won't do this," but neither does he say, "yes, we will." Still, there's some hope it could happen.
    Hey Callevista, while we're on the subject of PBOffs, Baddmoonrizin's post reminded me that there is a Tac PBOff available in-game. It's a Lobi store item, who's appearance is locked in a unique MACO armor. I personally don't have one to supply in-game pix, but here's the wiki page on it:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Photonic_Tactical_Officer_Candidate

And yes, this is the TAC PBOFF that I was referring to. It would be great if it and the SCI PBOFF could be fully customizable like the new ENG PBOFF.

Which is why I asked the question, can the ENG PBOFF model be used for a new TAC & SCI PBOFF? I don't know how difficult it would be to copy the model and then plug in the TAC or SCI abilities in place of ENG. But might that be possible?
    GrWzQke.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Just wondering if this was still being looked at?
    artan42 wrote: »
    Would that be these?
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/14072140406_ef527e3e5c_o.png

1) Some shoulder attachments that flush with the backpack option.
    2) A zipper.
    3) Grenade attachment.
    4) Thigh Pouch.
    5) Upper arm attachment.
    6) Wrist computer (incidentally this would be fantastic default option for all).
    7) Big boots (shared by Breen).
    8) Dominion boots.

In addition there are a number of pieces of the Hirogen armour missing.
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7363/13949840848_700edf263f_o.png

1) Respirator
    2) Open helmet.
    3) Big silly collar thing
    4) Upside down shoulder thing.
    5) Scollped shoulder armour
    6) arm armour (goes between the gauntlet / bracer and the shoulder armour) without this the arms look far too thin.
    7) The LoR tailor breakdown allowed me to make it. It looks awesome!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Having gone to edit my new Romulan Recruits BOFFs today, I was reminded of two problems which need fixed on the Liberated Reman Boff.

http://imgur.com/GXJwt6H

As you can see, when using the Romulan Republic 2 undershirt, he's missing part of his neck.

Also, he has very limited colour palette options on the Romulan Federation Boots which is annoying as none of the colours available for him match the colours available to other races for the same boots.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited April 2015
    Having gone to edit my new Romulan Recruits BOFFs today, I was reminded of two problems which need fixed on the Liberated Reman Boff.

http://imgur.com/GXJwt6H

As you can see, when using the Romulan Republic 2 undershirt, he's missing part of his neck.

Also, he has very limited colour palette options on the Romulan Federation Boots which is annoying as none of the colours available for him match the colours available to other races for the same boots.

And he still can't use ANY of the KDF-aligned Romulan Uniforms. :(
    GrWzQke.png
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I myself kinda wanna see a thin whip like tail for aliens, and maybe a "bladed" option for it too. I am making all my aliens from a species like is kinda resembling demons.

Any word on this Callevista? Even a no would be better than nothing. Although, my Delta Recruit sure would like to have the tail she was intended to have!

captain-glamour.png

Don't make Talia mad, you wouldn't like her when she is mad. :D
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just noticed that certain hairstyles unique to RRF characters are missing for RRF aliens. I was able to get hair like long wavy, gothic (?) and one other (the short version; forgot the name), for my alien characters. Wanted to do this today for my delta recruit, and they aren't there anymore. I planned to make an Andorian in the RRF because the short one is the best hair option for Andorians. That seems to be impossible now, and all my plans were for nothing.

In general I don't see why hairstyles are that restricted, and humbly ask to reconsider that. Thank you very much.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the input regarding BOFF customization.
    We are discussing this. The issue right now is that we are hard at work on future updates. So when time opens up, we will see what can be done.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please read the following bug report:

Holodeck ticket #3,358,331: Orion loincloth clips with hips
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the input regarding BOFF customization.
    We are discussing this. The issue right now is that we are hard at work on future updates. So when time opens up, we will see what can be done.

Yup, totally understand on priorities, the PBOffs aren't urgent at all. Appreciate your time and taking down the details for discussion/planning. I look forward to whatever you guys decide. Just do me a favor and post back here when a decision on the next step is made (even if that next step sadly lands on "We've decided to leave things as they are." -- We're Big Boys now and can take it. ;) ). And of course, if you need any other info, details, etc. from us, we're here to help, let us know!

Thanks Callevista!

edited April 2015
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Please read the following bug report:

Holodeck ticket #3,358,331: Orion loincloth clips with hips

Yep, this is on our list.
    edited April 2015
    Yup, totally understand on priorities, the PBOffs aren't urgent at all. Appreciate your time and taking down the details for discussion/planning. I look forward to whatever you guys decide. Just do me a favor and post back here when a decision on the next step is made (even if that next step sadly lands on "We've decided to leave things as they are." -- We're Big Boys now and can take it. ;) ). And of course, if you need any other info, details, etc. from us, we're here to help, let us know!

Thanks Callevista!

We will definitely keep you guys informed :)
    edited April 2015

Thanks Callevista!

Agreed. Keep up the good work and moving the game along. :D
    GrWzQke.png