test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why Romulan Embassy BOFFs do not have access to Republic Uniforms. Is there some hard coding issue? Or was this changed and I just missed it?

Agreed. Though they are now customizable, they still don't have access to the Republic uniform or the Fed/KDF ally uniforms which I think would make a nice addition. Weirdly though, they do gain access to any Romulan vet uniform unlocks you have. So for instance mine have access to the Romulan admiral and dress uniform options.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Had a thought recently...

Delta Recruitment event... time travelling agents... rewards from different eras... Enterprise MACO uniforms?

Please?
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I have decided to make a Farmer for my Delta recruit

How about a costume consisting of a straw hot overalls with 1 snap not snaped and bare feet with the character having a single straw they are chewing on

A pitchfork would be awesome to complete the outfit :)
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if this issue falls under tailor problems, but I might as well ask.

That crazy arm swinging when using pistols can be irritating. So far I haven't found the right tailor settings to reduce the arm swinging, but it would be nice if this was addressed. I'm tinkering around with upper body options, but so far I haven't had much luck.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Here's a bug that's been around forever (apologies if it's been brought up before):

The male and female Omega gear have different color palettes for the third color choice, which controls the shoulders and lower waist areas:

Omega%20Male.png

Omega%20Female.png

Note the shoulder area on the male human (in red). The corresponding area on the female human has only a 4-color palette.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    Here's a bug that's been around forever (apologies if it's been brought up before):

The male and female Omega gear have different color palettes for the third color choice, which controls the shoulders and lower waist areas:

Note the shoulder area on the male human (in red). The corresponding area on the female human has only a 4-color palette.

The Omega uniforms color palette has always been a bit odd. You can't change the armor to any color but those four, and the other parts use the standard KDF colors. I want that armor to have more options in that area. You can actually see the armored areas on the chest in a red color when you switch to the outfit in certain cases, but then it goes straight back to those four colors when you select anything.

I've never understood all of the many color restrictions like that. NPCs can have black MACO armor with red lights, why can't we? NPCs can have different colored pieces without have the rest of the outfit automatically match them, why can't we? And so on...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The EMH's are also photonic life forms, with their own rights as sentient beings iirc. Surely that right extends to having a customizable appearance? :P
    First, the Doctor is the only Photonic lifeform regarded as fully sentient and sapient with the commensurate rights. The case is still ongoing. It's the line between simulated intellience and actual artificial intelligence.

Second, pursuant to that, he still looks like Dr. Zimmerman.
    Anyway, rom embassy boffs are customizable now. I remember this because mine had a rather nice appearance (really strange for RNG boff appearance, I know) and when I logged in after that patch, he was reverted to a weird bald default look using civilian clothes. Totally lost the original appearance lol. But at least now they're customizable.

Well that's halfway there.
    Agreed. Though they are now customizable, they still don't have access to the Republic uniform or the Fed/KDF ally uniforms which I think would make a nice addition. Weirdly though, they do gain access to any Romulan vet uniform unlocks you have. So for instance mine have access to the Romulan admiral and dress uniform options.

Now that's odd. In any event, Republic exchange officer BOFFs, or Embassy BOFFs with Republic uniforms is necessary, I need it to live.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    OK i have a costume bug, and don't know if this was brought up...

I have noticed on two of my female toons who have the Risian shorts... that the colors are for a lack of a better word... spackled.

There are triangular blotches that cover the front and back of the shorts.

Thanks.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh, by the way, big thanks on the Romulan Republic Sleevs and Klingon braids fixes, they look great now :D
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    ...I have noticed on two of my female toons who have the Risian shorts... that the colors are for a lack of a better word... spackled.

There are triangular blotches that cover the front and back of the shorts....

Is it sort of like big patches of skin are showing through the shorts? I noticed that on a few of my toons. When I went to the tailor, selected the costume, and clicked to modify it, the costume was fixed when the tailor editing window came up. I then "purchased" the now fixed version and they were fine.

I didn't actually have to change anything, just visited the tailor and it seemed to reset the costume to an updated/fixed version. Try that.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the Romulan 1 undershirt fix! It seems even the clipping on the collar during certain animations is gone now :)

I noticed another clipping issue:

Affected Character: Osenek@dragonsbrethren
    Race: Reman
    Faction: Romulan, KDF-Aligned
    Ticket: didn't submit one

Male chests clip through the undershirt and jacket of the Reman Klingon outfit:

http://i.imgur.com/ITRNS8x.jpg

Very noticeable in the aiming animations, but you can even see a bit of skin in the standard standing stance. (I will try this outfit on a female boff and edit this post if they're affected too.)

Also, there are inconsistencies with the palette used by this outfit:

The upper, lower, undershirt, and feet options don't all use the same palette.

- Upper and feet use the standard KDF uniform palette
    - Lower uses the Romulan uniform palette
    - I forget which undershirt uses at the moment.

Makes it impossible to perfectly match the upper to the lower, although it's not too noticeable with the default shades of red (material makes them look purple) used by this outfit's preset. I tried to grab screenshots of the palettes, but I guess my bind wasn't set up right.
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but then I don't really know of anywhere better, so . . .

I just started a new character for the Delta Recruit event and I noticed that I cannot use the TNG Season 1 uniform on her, which I should have an account-wide unlock for. All of my existing (Fed) characters have access to this uniform. I don't have the TNG uniform pack with the Season 1 Admiral's uniform, but I did get the standard version unlocked ages ago. (It may have been some kind of promotion or reward, I think. It was way back maybe from pre-ordering, Beta, collector's ed. -- it was way back when I first started playing, which was when the game first came out.) I've had this uniform for as long as it's been in the game, I believe.

If someone could please check into this and fix it so that my new characters have access to it, it would be much appreciated!

The character affected is: Mirai@Ayradyss (I haven't yet made any other new characters, but I plan to -- I assume it will be the same on any new characters from here out, until fixed.)

Edit: Actually, after doing a little research, I think I got it from one of the free 'giveaway days.' (Similarly, I got the 'All Good Things' uniform from one of those giveaway days too.) Still, it's supposed to be an account-wide unlock, AFAIK.
    Live long, and prosper.
    edited April 2015
    ayradyss wrote: »
    I just started a new character for the Delta Recruit event and I noticed that I cannot use the TNG Season 1 uniform on her...

Edit: Actually, after doing a little research, I think I got it from one of the free 'giveaway days.' (Similarly, I got the 'All Good Things' uniform from one of those giveaway days too.) Still, it's supposed to be an account-wide unlock, AFAIK.

There are two versions of the TNG Uniform in-game. One is the C-Store version (which was also unlocked with some versions of the store-bought game when it was originally released, as I recall). Then there's the Season 1 Uniform you're asking about. You are correct, it was a promotion, but it was from the TNG 25th Anniversary Event. It was given away as a reward for completing a small mission (go talk to a young "Season 1" Worf in the holodeck). This was a per-character unlock. It was not account-wide.

Here's the original blog, and if you scroll down, you can see where it specifically says you need to unlock this on each character:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=616301

(I quite remember running through the little mission on each of my toons... Which I think I had like 19 at the time... Oh my! lol :rolleyes:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited April 2015
    Nope, that's not the promotion I was talking about. It appears there may have been multiple ways to obtain this. I'm pretty sure that I got it via this though:

End of Summer Giveaway Event.

Note the first day, Friday, August 29th.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    The TNG S1 uniform is available again, bundled with the S1 Admiral's uniform in the C-Store. We just can't get the Worf hair and sash.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2015
    ayradyss wrote: »
    Nope, that's not the promotion I was talking about. It appears there may have been multiple ways to obtain this. I'm pretty sure that I got it via this though:

End of Summer Giveaway Event.

Note the first day, Friday, August 29th.
    Ah. Right. I'd forgot about that. Cheers!

Well. I dunno, then. I only noted in my log that I unlocked the Ambassador during that event on 09/01/14. I went back and looked in the forums thread for that blog post (here), and I posted in it commenting that I had everything but the ship. Hmmmm... Maybe I didn't realize it was the S1 and not the C-Store TNG costume... >shrug< bummer for me then. :rolleyes:

Anyway, so I can't explain why you can't access it, because clearly they did give away the Season One TNG Uniform as Account-Wide so you should have it. Bug, I guess, yeah. Submit a ticket and add that to your post here.

Maybe stupid question, but to be sure/clear: Your new character, Mirai@Ayradyss, that's a Fed faction toon, right?

My first Delta Recruit was a Romulan, but I'll be making a KDF and Fed DR too over the next few days... I'll check to see if the S1 uni is unlocked there.

Anyone else with the TNG Season One Uniform unlocked from the 2014 event, that doesn't work on a new DR character?

• mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah. Right. I'd forgot about that. Cheers!

My first Delta Recruit was a Romulan, but I'll be making a KDF and Fed DR too over the next few days... I'll check to see if the S1 uni is unlocked there.

Anyone else with the TNG Season One Uniform unlocked from the 2014 event, that doesn't work on a new DR character?
    In answer to your question, yes. Generally, it seems that any Zen unlocks are account wide.
    edited April 2015
    mthomps016 wrote: »
    In answer to your question, yes. Generally, it seems that any Zen unlocks are account wide.

Zen costumes are always account wide, that was never in question. We were discussing the TNG Season One uniform (different from the one in the C-Store) that was given away during a couple promos mentioned above. :)

My question was if anyone else who'd got the TNG S1 uni from the 2014 event (that's when it was event released as an account-wide unlock. Note that when originally released in 2012 it was per-character), if they were having issues using it on a Delta Recruit.

edited April 2015
    Hmm. I may have confused myself. I thought I had gotten the TNG Season 1 uniform from the Summer Giveaway I linked. But now I checked on a pre-Delta low-level Fed character that I made but never really played, and she doesn't have access to the uniform either. (And yes, Mirai is a Federation character. Doesn't hurt to make sure -- I understand.)

So . . . I'm just not really sure anymore. It was, as I said, a long time ago. (For my memory, anyway.) Maybe I had gotten the uniform earlier via the Worf mission and was then unable to claim it when the giveaway rolled around, so never got the account-wide unlock? I honestly don't know anymore. Given the amount of time, the different means to unlock and the different nature of the unlocks (character/account) it's all kind of jumbled in my head now. :(
    Live long, and prosper.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Khan outfit that was given away on ARC hasn't appeared for my Delta Recruit. I'm sure that was account wide.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    themartian wrote: »
    The Khan outfit that was given away on ARC hasn't appeared for my Delta Recruit. I'm sure that was account wide.

It's not an account wide unlock. It's a per character one so you'll need to to be playing through ARC to get it.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not an account wide unlock. It's a per character one so you'll need to to be playing through ARC to get it.

Thanks, that sorted it.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    umaeko wrote: »
    Romulan uppers are going to be fixed too? That's awesome!

If I may be optimistically hopeful... could our dual shoulderpads be looked into as well?

Here, I'll show you.
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/Zoberraz/Romulan_shoulder_pads_01_zps14162f18.jpg
    To the left is what we're stuck with. But the NPC to the right (and most Romulan males too) has the shoulderpads they way we had before.

Ever since the 24th century TNG Romulan uniforms came out on the Z-Store, the cloth portions of the female shoulderpads have been dramatically extended out to the point where they look like they are floating (in a somewhat ridiculous fashion). I loved my shoulderpads, but ever since that happened, I haven't bothered to wear them anymore.

I was hoping the new fleet admiral shoulderpads wouldn't share the same flaw... but they followed the floaty pattern too :(

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/Zoberraz/screenshot_2014-11-15-19-55-04_zpsd6937b6f.jpg
    See? The cloth part of the male shoulderpad actually rests on the arm. Whereas the female's floats wierdly just under the edge of the shoulderpad itself. This was very disappointing. :(

I've been wanting this to be fixed for a long time. Can you bring it up to the team too, please?

Coming soon: We have made new options for Rank Romulan Dual Shoulder pads. There will be two choices per rank. The existing choice of rank shoulder pads is still there. However, we've added a "slim" version of each rank of Romulan shoulder pads that allows for a slimmer look. These "slim" shoulder pads for Romulans are closer to the shoulders. We decided not to complicate things and have both shoulder pad types available in the Dual Shoulder Pads slot. We assume that the player will decide which one is best. These should be getting to the test server soon.

There are other updates coming as well. I will post about those seperately.
  • xanthestarxanthestar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've noticed a problem with the Shattering Harmonics Crystalline Sword since the graphics were upgraded to make the blade wider.

hsI3jo7.jpg
    axnRzGp.jpg

When you have the relaxed stance, the new width at the base of the blade causes some major clipping. Right through the hip!

A possible fix could just be making the default for over-the-back swords the same as for the Tegolar?

7XtzFLl.jpg

Thanks!
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Callevista, I've just come from over the Test Tribble.

I wish I could have something witty and inspiring to say to convey my exuberant gratitude at fixing one of my bigger pet peeves for Romulans - something I no longer really dared to hope would happen. But I'm not Picard. I don't do epic speeches, so, hopefully a single exuberant utterance will suffice:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy~! :D

Thank you so much!
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a 2 in 1 picture here with a couple of issues with the Female Orion race specific outfits.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w671/bandoswarrior/OrionBugs_zpsuzoua8is.jpg

1.) The "Risque" Bare chest top has a misaligned piercing, sitting above the bellybutton rather than on it like before the last major character model/texture update.

2.) The Loincloth belts no longer cover the underwear string since 2014's Summer Event. Overall glaringly obvious and looks very trashy.

Any word on a possible fix for this? =/
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Coming soon: We have made new options for Rank Romulan Dual Shoulder pads. There will be two choices per rank. The existing choice of rank shoulder pads is still there. However, we've added a "slim" version of each rank of Romulan shoulder pads that allows for a slimmer look. These "slim" shoulder pads for Romulans are closer to the shoulders. We decided not to complicate things and have both shoulder pad types available in the Dual Shoulder Pads slot. We assume that the player will decide which one is best. These should be getting to the test server soon.

Thanks for these, they fit so much better than the non-slim ones! The pauldrons with drapery still aren't really my style, but I can see myself getting use out of the lower ranks now.

The Commander rank (which is actually Romulan Subcommander rank -- these have always used Federation rank names) slim option doesn't follow the curve of the shoulders very well, though:

Screencap

Quite the gap between the shoulder and the rank pad, and they seem a lot pointier than they should be. The male version looks off, too. None of the other shoulder pad dual options appeared to have this problem.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    xanthestar wrote: »
    I've noticed a problem with the Shattering Harmonics Crystalline Sword since the graphics were upgraded to make the blade wider.

hsI3jo7.jpg
    axnRzGp.jpg

When you have the relaxed stance, the new width at the base of the blade causes some major clipping. Right through the hip!

A possible fix could just be making the default for over-the-back swords the same as for the Tegolar?

7XtzFLl.jpg

Thanks!

I bug reported the lack of draw animations a while ago, and suggested just doing a copy/paste of the draw animations from the Lobi Store Crystaline Sword since they use the same model.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    callevista wrote: »

There are other updates coming as well. I will post about those seperately.
    Don't suppose that something similar could be done with the Odyssey belts for females as well, to offer a variety? I'd still love a variant, which sits at the same height as the original Jupiter belts, as the Odyssey belts sit lower than that, and it looks lame with the Long Odyssey Jacket... :(
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I notice d something as i was creating my Romulan (female) Delta recruit. I can select the Intel uniform but no ranks, i thought i had access to the Classic TNG/DS9 Romulan Ranks with that uniform.

BUT i could select the Enterprise Mirror universe patches even they had nothing to do with the Uniform and i couldn´t use the uniform itself. (especially interesting since i was just a mere citizen and didn´t even side with the Federation yet)

So will there be more Cross Faction Uniforms for Romulans or is that just a mistake that i can select the MU Uniform Patches?

Another thing i noticed is that, if i select the short Intel uniform a piece of the Long one remains. Looks like the Intel Jacket is causing this

Here are three screencaps: the Long uniform, the Short one (with a mark where the part of the long uniform is visible) and the Enterprise Patch:

http://imgur.com/MFAPm24,Ql4dBrw,kBbgEKq

So will the remaining 2 versions of the Intel Uniforms be added too: Long with a closed upper piece and short with an open upper piece?