test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Feline tails are now scaled excessively large and some types even clip the floor after the latest patch.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Feline tails are now scaled excessively large and some types even clip the floor after the latest patch.

To be more specific:

For whatever reason, when Season 10 hit, Male and Female Caitians (and I'm assuming the Ferasans as well) lost the ability to adjust the Tail Length and Tail Thickness sliders. Instead, they now look to always be at max for both sliders, and adjusting the sliders do absolutely nothing in all costume categories (like Outfit, Casual, MACO, etc etc).

This affects both genders, as well as Captain/BOffs.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    The Hair known as "Close 8" is in fact the same as Tom's Hair. As for coloring it "grey", we'll have to take a look at that again. For NPCs, the costume system is obviously different, as there are various systems in place to accomodate NPC creation.

On another note, we are investigating the Photonic BOFF customization options. We are testing initial builds of this with more news to come soon.

The issue with the Khan uniform/outfit tint - was dictated largey by an adherence to stay as close as possible to the original design from the movie. In doing so, tinting acts differently because of an inherent yellow tinge applied to the costume.

Awesome news on the "Close 8/Tom Paris hair" additions.

Any chance we can get Harry Kim's and Miral Paris' hair styles (including the one from the previous design which from what I can tell never made it into the Tailor)?

Always cool to have more customization, so thank you for these additions and changes!
    edited April 2015
    somebob wrote: »
    To be more specific:

For whatever reason, when Season 10 hit, Male and Female Caitians (and I'm assuming the Ferasans as well) lost the ability to adjust the Tail Length and Tail Thickness sliders. Instead, they now look to always be at max for both sliders, and adjusting the sliders do absolutely nothing in all costume categories (like Outfit, Casual, MACO, etc etc).

This affects both genders, as well as Captain/BOffs.

So the sliders are gone too?

And really, even at max sliders before this patch, tails never clipped the floor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just a minor issue but is it possible to let us change the color of the epaulettes/rank slides of the Enterprise mirror uniform?

I can change the uniform color and i also can change the rank insignia itself (from gold to silver or black) but the epaolettes are always black. It would be great if they could match the color of the rest of the Uniform. If i have a blue or white uniform i want white epaulettes too.

Same for the sleeve stripes, they only have one color. Would be great if we could change their color to gold, silver, red...

And the Normal Enterprise uniform still has the wrong Rank insignia for Admirals. Ensign to Captains had their insignia on the right chest but Admirals had it on both sides. So the Rank insignia we have here is non-canon and wrong
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awesome news on the "Close 8/Tom Paris hair" additions.

Any chance we can get Harry Kim's and Miral Paris' hair styles (including the one from the previous design which from what I can tell never made it into the Tailor)?

Always cool to have more customization, so thank you for these additions and changes!
    I'm pretty sure we have Harry's hair already.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Disregard, I thought I should have had access to outfit pieces that I now find are vet only.
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
    edited April 2015
    I'm pretty sure we have Harry's hair already.

If we do, I can't find it. Which one is it?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    As for "greying", I noticed that some hairstyles offer multiple color channels, but don't really give the effect that I'm talking about. I thought it would add some cool variety and possibly liven up current hairstyles, if some streaks could be added without coloring all of the hair. Done with both men's and women's hairstyles, we could have greying streaks, or two toned highlights.

Kind of like the 'punk' hairstyle for females? I love that hair style, simply because it has two channels which can be changed and you can achieve a good sort of 'greying' effect, or a dyed hair with roots showing kind of effect. We need more like that! :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited April 2015
    If we do, I can't find it. Which one is it?
    it's "Parted middle".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Thanks for the posts regarding this.
    We will definitely look at this issue.
    edited April 2015

Appreciated as always.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I thought my Ferasan's tail seemed longer than before. Nice to know I'm not imagining it. I didn't have any screencaps to compare to and the sliders didn't seem to do anything.
    edited April 2015
    it's "Parted middle".

Yeah, "parted middle" is markedly different from Harry Kim's hair. It's a more pronounced part, while Harry's hair is more slicked back. Can't see it being the same style in any way.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The "Intel Long" and "Intel Short" tops for KDF and RRF characters have "Mirror Enterprise", "Mirror Enterprise Right" and "Mirror Enterprise Left" as 'Badge' options, something I noticed when I went to give one of my RRF Rom-KDF Remans one of the Tamarian badges - which, co-incidently, aren't listed as 'Badge' options for "Intel" tops...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could we see the Romulan "formal outfit" and the Lobi KDF skirts get versions that aren't isosceles triangles, pls?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I usually get warm fuzzies when the costume team or environment team says they're working on something.

I notice d something as i was creating my Romulan (female) Delta recruit. I can select the Intel uniform but no ranks, i thought i had access to the Classic TNG/DS9 Romulan Ranks with that uniform.

BUT i could select the Enterprise Mirror universe patches even they had nothing to do with the Uniform and i couldn´t use the uniform itself. (especially interesting since i was just a mere citizen and didn´t even side with the Federation yet)

So will there be more Cross Faction Uniforms for Romulans or is that just a mistake that i can select the MU Uniform Patches?

Another thing i noticed is that, if i select the short Intel uniform a piece of the Long one remains. Looks like the Intel Jacket is causing this

Here are three screencaps: the Long uniform, the Short one (with a mark where the part of the long uniform is visible) and the Enterprise Patch:

http://imgur.com/MFAPm24,Ql4dBrw,kBbgEKq

So will the remaining 2 versions of the Intel Uniforms be added too: Long with a closed upper piece and short with an open upper piece?
    On the subject of ranks, when you unlock the Tal Shiar uniform through normal play on a Romulan, your rank is usually about Lieutenant. But I've seen people who where the highest rank Tal Shiar insignia. Is there a malfunction on my character?

In any event Azuria@Amahino only has access to the Lt rank insignia (i.e. the belt) for the Tal Shiar uniform without the cross chest rank that I've seen lots of others with. Is this a glitch for them or for me?

Just going to ask, any chance of getting combadges with the dyson uniform? I love the uniform, but it looks silly for my officers to tap their bare chests.

Thanks. :)
    That's a good point. I'd even be cool with a special faction specific unique rank insignia.
    Would it be possible to get the Tom and Miral Paris hairstyles in the Tailor? And speaking of which, can we get an option to add greying temples to hair?

On the subject of that, the Miral hairstyle would bring up an issue that could be an option I'd like to see.

Hairline control. There's a difference between altering the absolute size of the forehead vs controlling where the hairline sits. Is this an option that could be added?

Other things on my mind

Will there ever be scars/tattoos that can be placed on the body?

This is something that irks me, it isn't a glitch but surely it can be corrected. Transporter beams. They're tied to character, not ship. So when my Romulan crew with Starfleet liaison beams up, they're all in green beams EXCEPT my Denobulan who goes up in Starfleet blue. Same with my Orion on a Starfleet ship. I am aware that this wouldn't be entirely in the costume/character division, so please direct me to the right people, but it looks ridiculous. Is there anyway that beam out can be tied to ship instead of faction?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...On another note, we are investigating the Photonic BOFF customization options. We are testing initial builds of this with more news to come soon...

Callevista, this is great to hear! Thank you. I look forward to the "more new to come soon" part.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015

On another note, we are investigating the Photonic BOFF customization options. We are testing initial builds of this with more news to come soon.

... Take me, I am yours! :D
    edited April 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    This is something that irks me, it isn't a glitch but surely it can be corrected. Transporter beams. They're tied to character, not ship. So when my Romulan crew with Starfleet liaison beams up, they're all in green beams EXCEPT my Denobulan who goes up in Starfleet blue. Same with my Orion on a Starfleet ship. I am aware that this wouldn't be entirely in the costume/character division, so please direct me to the right people, but it looks ridiculous. Is there anyway that beam out can be tied to ship instead of faction?
    If they ever add this, I'd love to see them expand the transporters to use more than just Fed/KDF/Rom. Kobali grey would be awesome. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If they ever add this, I'd love to see them expand the transporters to use more than just Fed/KDF/Rom. Kobali grey would be awesome. :D
    I want Borg-beam up... my ship uses assimilated set & is played as Borg-tech enhanced, with many Lib Borg on board...
    I think that more beam-up effects in general would be really cool, for people to have variety to pick from... :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited April 2015
    Actually... that'd be good to have as an LTS perk. :D Playing as Borg is for LTS, so why not transporters? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Check out this thread about upcoming KDF appearance changes:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1445201

And Shoe updates in general:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1445241

Neat stuff! :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited April 2015

24th/25th Century Starfleet transporters at that - I'd like to see the 23rd Century ships (and early 24th, maybe; TOS Connie, Connie Refit, Excelsior, Miranda, Constellation...) give me that golden shimmer transporter effect from TOS instead of the TNG-onwards blue beams...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still just want non-cat tails available for alien species. Come on guys, give us reptilian tails and such.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Firstly, thanks for looking into my previous list, Callevista. :cool:

Also, almost a year ago now there was talk of skin texture updates with particular regard to costumes that show more skin than just the head (summer outfits being the most obvious ones). Last year, a beautiful job was done on Remans; I know others were stated as being in the pipeline so I was wondering if, with the summer event only a couple of months away, there was any update on that?

A few highlights (Cyba Zero@skymagus00, female Federation alien):

Certain parts cut off abruptly - head texture (Lissepian 2) and facial spots, Seven of Nine hand implant and the Borg feet (love having those available as an option but could use matching legs/less extreme ankle termination/look better with long trousers) - http://i.imgur.com/zfJPlUV.jpg?1 I like that you made parts of the Kobali and Vaadwaur sets useable off-duty too.

Infected skin texture with monokini outfit (or why run-ins with the Borg make you look terrible in swimwear) - http://i.imgur.com/pp4VBlf.jpg?1

Also I could not help but notice the tailor in both pictures has a very interesting costume. Her hairstyle is new and she seems to be wearing swim-armour. Now is that related to the KDF costume updates (presumably Orions), or is it a new costume for the summer event? It looks awesome (sort of like a cross between Iconian and fire archon armour), and the minute more people go check out Risa I reckon a lot of players will be itching to have that as a playable costume. :D
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Would it be possible for us to get a personal mission patch? Basically the same as the Fleet patch, but this one is made by the player for their character. Perhaps putting it on the opposite shoulder, so that both Fleet and mission patches can be worn simultaneously. Not sure how this would implement with KDF since their "combadge" is on the shoulder, maybe an either or thing.

Also, I know it been mentioned before, but not sure if the Devs have commented on it or whether it could be done. Can we get ribbons and medals added as uniform options? I know we have the TOS ones, but I was thinking more along the lines of this:

http://imgur.com/Iyg6KEg

Additionally, would it be possible to use the ribbon and medal images unlocked in the Accolades? Possibly with a UI that allows us to select which ones are displayed? Obviously the number of wearable items would have to be limited, but it would be great if we could choose which ones they were.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I love the Kobali transporter, it looks sooooo cool.

I'd like a modern golden transporter myself.

And where is the transporter effect from the TNG movies? I honestly hate the Voyager one we have for Starfleet.

Or the super fast Klingon transporter from TNG and DS9?
    Would it be possible for us to get a personal mission patch? Basically the same as the Fleet patch, but this one is made by the player for their character. Perhaps putting it on the opposite shoulder, so that both Fleet and mission patches can be worn simultaneously. Not sure how this would implement with KDF since their "combadge" is on the shoulder, maybe an either or thing.

Also, I know it been mentioned before, but not sure if the Devs have commented on it or whether it could be done. Can we get ribbons and medals added as uniform options? I know we have the TOS ones, but I was thinking more along the lines of this:

http://imgur.com/Iyg6KEg

Additionally, would it be possible to use the ribbon and medal images unlocked in the Accolades? Possibly with a UI that allows us to select which ones are displayed? Obviously the number of wearable items would have to be limited, but it would be great if we could choose which ones they were.
    On the subject of fleet patches, did they take away some options last year?

Because a while back I feel like I had much more color options with the fleet patch, including a nice gradiation that I can't duplicate anymore.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited April 2015
    There seems to be an issue with the "Hairstyle - Balding" option; the part of the hair that comes down in front of the ears doesn't seem to link up with certaiin "Mouth Accessory" options, leaving a visable gap between the "Hairstyle - Balding" and the following "Mouth Accessory" options...

Beard - Thin
    Beard - Stylized 01
    Beard - Stylized 02
    Beard - Stylized 03
    Beard - Mutton Chops
    Beard - Handle Bars
    Beard - Handle Bars Pointed

It's less noticable with Beard - Full Trim, Beard - Full Medium and Beard - Full Long; almost completely invisible with Beard - Epic; and doesn't affect Beard - Goatee, Goatee Chin, Goatee Long and Goatee Trimmed since they have no sideburns.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    There seems to be an issue with the "Hairstyle - Balding" option; the part of the hair that comes down in front of the ears doesn't seem to link up with certaiin "Mouth Accessory" options, leaving a visable gap between the "Hairstyle - Balding" and the following "Mouth Accessory" options...

Beard - Thin
    Beard - Stylized 01
    Beard - Stylized 02
    Beard - Stylized 03
    Beard - Mutton Chops
    Beard - Handle Bars
    Beard - Handle Bars Pointed

It's less noticable with Beard - Full Trim, Beard - Full Medium and Beard - Full Long; almost completely invisible with Beard - Epic; and doesn't affect Beard - Goatee, Goatee Chin, Goatee Long and Goatee Trimmed since they have no sideburns.

I've noticed this, too, and with some other hairstyles as well.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch