What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Thanks,
    I've updated the undershirts today. The clipping should be gone after the next update.

Nice -- thanks for the quick fix!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    OKAY!

My first posted images.

First thanks for adding the braids to the aliens.

Unfortunately, my Klingon/Romulan Intelligence Officer has sadly blown her wig.

http://i.imgur.com/CJ2lvmS.png

http://i.imgur.com/EYi4N6W.png

http://i.imgur.com/0Z6oHUR.png

As you can see her hair is floating above her head. And that's fixed no matter how big I make her head. Also there's clipping with her Pointed ears.

The character is K'Hen@Amahino and the BOFF is Vore'Xa.

And is there anyway, to get the screenshots in the tailor back? It doesn't even take pictures in the tailor for the game screenshot folder anymore which makes this a bit more difficult.

On another subject, is there anyway we could get hairline control?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    OKAY!

My first posted images....

Congrats! :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ROMULAN KLINGON 2 LOWER (MALE) - COLOUR PALETTE NOT WORKING

Screenshot : http://imgur.com/Xm26DJj
    Character affected: wil@leethorogood

As you can see from the screenshot the colour palette on the left is having no effect on the uniform, while the colour palette on the right works as intended. I am seeing this on my Captain (male) and BOffs (male).

I've checked the female version of this costume piece and it's not affected by the same problem! :cool:
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    ROMULAN KLINGON 2 LOWER (MALE) - COLOUR PALETTE NOT WORKING

Screenshot : http://imgur.com/Xm26DJj
    Character affected: wil@leethorogood

As you can see from the screenshot the colour palette on the left is having no effect on the uniform, while the colour palette on the right works as intended. I am seeing this on my Captain (male) and BOffs (male).

I've checked the female version of this costume piece and it's not affected by the same problem! :cool:

I've been having issues with this as well. My "work around" has been to first use the ROM KDF 1 LOWER, set my colors, then switch to ROM KDF 2 LOWER. It's not perfect, because for some reason some colors don't translate over well or at all (namely some greens), so it's a trial and error thing of switching back and forth between 1 and 2 to get the colors I want.

I've noticed other costume pieces having this same issue, too. Where basically a color selector isn't available, say only 3 colors changeable, but switching to another costume piece with 4 colors, changing the color there, then switching back, will actually apply that new color to a forth channel that isn't selectable on that piece.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've noticed that both the Khan's Tunic and Risian Explorer's Outfit top are experiencing clipping issues since one of the latest patches (I don't remember seeing them like this before). Anyone else experiencing these?

My character: Kelro@danqueller, Human, Male, Federation.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    After the fabric physics update, the Voth butt cape thing from the unlockable Voth Soldier Uniform kinda... clips something fierce when in a full out run, and doesn't seem to react to movement in any significant way, almost like its got weights on the end keeping it from moving.

I'll try to screenshot if I can remember to next time I'm on.
    BTW, this is on a Female Trill. So I don't know if this affects everyone or not.

And there's still a minor rename outfit issue with Caitians I believe, where even if you're using stock costume parts it says "Outfit uses invalid parts" and prevents the name change until you change a random detail, then it defaults to the name you wanted in the first place. For example, I could show Commander pips, then change to Captain as the minor change to force the outfit name change.
    Noticed this on a Female Caitian.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2015
    Am I the ONLY one having this issue?

http://imgur.com/Foc6W41

My tailor is completely off center, it's that way whether I open the tailor from a new BOFF or by talking to my local Cardassian.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

EDIT: Sorry, should've specified that this is a Tribble issue.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited March 2015

My tailor is completely off center, it's that way whether I open the tailor from a new BOFF or by talking to my local Cardassian.

Wow, never seen that before. Lord I hope you can get that one fixed, it looks impossible to use.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited March 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Wow, never seen that before. Lord I hope you can get that one fixed, it looks impossible to use.

Yeah, the only way to even exit the tailor is to press modify and then escape from it. It started with the patch that added new sector space.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wow, that is terrible, disgusting.

The top left one has to thick legs and is wearing a skirt too. :eek:
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, the only way to even exit the tailor is to press modify and then escape from it. It started with the patch that added new sector space.
    did you try draging the window?

or maybe push f12 to rearrange UI?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

Ah, so this is on Tribble? If so then yes, there was a bug report thread in the Tribble section about this happening in the ship tailor window. When it happens, it messes up a lot of UI elements in the game including the character selection screen and login screen. I had to force close the game.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015

My tailor is completely off center...

I used the tailor several times yesterday to modify captains and BOffs of a couple characters over a couple factions. I had no issues.

I was on Holodeck. Is your pic from Tribble (if so, make sure to post a bug report in that section)?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • gendou#6914 gendou Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really, really hope that they announce the re-release of the Suliban parts for the Aliengen before the Delta Recruitment event. Even if we don't have playable Suliban, having FAKE Suliban would at least be something we could work with. :(

I still don't understand why the Suliban parts were pulled from Aliengen in the first place.
    A lot of folks thought it meant that proper playable Suliban were coming, but it's been YEARS now. :(
    edited March 2015
    Wow, that is terrible, disgusting.

The top left one has to thick legs and is wearing a skirt too. :eek:
    First of all she's a Tellarite to begin with. Second of all I like her legs.

did you try draging the window?

or maybe push f12 to rearrange UI?
    Nothing moved.

I'll try F12.
    I used the tailor several times yesterday to modify captains and BOffs of a couple characters over a couple factions. I had no issues.

I was on Holodeck. Is your pic from Tribble (if so, make sure to post a bug report in that section)?
    Tribble. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
    xangen wrote: »
    I really, really hope that they announce the re-release of the Suliban parts for the Aliengen before the Delta Recruitment event. Even if we don't have playable Suliban, having FAKE Suliban would at least be something we could work with. :(

I still don't understand why the Suliban parts were pulled from Aliengen in the first place.
    A lot of folks thought it meant that proper playable Suliban were coming, but it's been YEARS now. :(

I'm joining you in crossing my fingers.

It blows my mind that playable Suliban weren't made at least for the Romulans.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think i didn´t mention it here but if oyu use some preset Uniforms like the TWoK uniform on your character instead of selecting every pieces seperately the color options are different.

AS i did that the color options for the Belt and badge where connected and the badge only had 2 colors/colorable parts, normally its 4.

And i if changed the color of the belt bucke i also changed the starfleet insignia on the badge and if i changed the rest of the belt the rest of the badge changed too. Since the belt is black, the Badge was very dark too
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I've had two issues since the patch that altered cloth items of clothing, specifically the Honour Guard cloak and the Voth Hip piece.

The Voth hip piece, while it hangs better, the thighs clip through it at a sprint now, which makes it impossible to use.

The Honour Guard cape in my opinion needs to go back to the way it was before the cloth patch, it was a lot more believable before. Now I'm getting strange contours and it doesn't hang nicely around the back piece like it used to :(
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Okay, I tested the delta armor on the 2nd char to get it today, T'sera@AuroraKet.

Results are far more visible here.

http://i.imgur.com/yTdQSBo.png

So not just small chars, but possibly all female chars affected.

There's also a minor ankle clipping issue at least on one side.

http://i.imgur.com/Tr9rNbp.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know if it has been noted already, but KHG boots are acting very oddly on female orions when walking (presumably all female characters too, but not tested). At first I thought it was the walk anims screwed up, but it seems to be isolated to standard khg boots. Basically, it's like the boots are misaligned on the legs now, rotated 45 degrees inwards when walking. It looks a bit goofy!

EDIT

Tried it on all my kdf toons, including the rom kdf. All are affected by this, though it is only the females and only with standard KHG boots, not quv or hos.
    I need a beer.

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know if it has been noted already, but KHG boots are acting very oddly on female orions when walking (presumably all female characters too, but not tested). At first I thought it was the walk anims screwed up, but it seems to be isolated to standard khg boots. Basically, it's like the boots are misaligned on the legs now, rotated 45 degrees inwards when walking. It looks a bit goofy!

I can confirm this for my aliengen KDF female, I just beamed down to Rura Penthe for the manhunt mission which puts a variation of the KHG stuff on your character and the boots are definitely out of alignment with the legs.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just another thing on the KHG stuff, I've lost the "hos" options on one of my kdf toons. I had previously unlocked all the khg options on the toon in question. Zeeda@captainoblivous
    I need a beer.

edited March 2015
    I just saw players with the Wells uniform. That one really need some changes. THe Badge is floating in the Air and is too big and also its thin as paper compared to the other Badges like the TWOL or TNG badge

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TIS_005_04.12.13.jpg&imgrefurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/trekkin-in-style-to-lobi-or-not-to-lobi-part-2/&h=833&w=711&tbnid=S4qsiQ-D0Zc4FM:&zoom=1&docid=csTqooZ-1yfIPM&ei=GhgKVZa-E4byPI--gOAI&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygBMAE

Old pic but better than any screenshot i could have taken

Oh and since when are all other badges als floating? Its on all my Uniforms now. All badges are a few cm in front of the Uniform instead of being directly attached to it
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I just saw players with the Wells uniform. That one really need some changes. THe Badge is floating in the Air and is too big and also its thin as paper compared to the other Badges like the TWOL or TNG badge

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TIS_005_04.12.13.jpg&imgrefurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/trekkin-in-style-to-lobi-or-not-to-lobi-part-2/&h=833&w=711&tbnid=S4qsiQ-D0Zc4FM:&zoom=1&docid=csTqooZ-1yfIPM&ei=GhgKVZa-E4byPI--gOAI&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygBMAE

Old pic but better than any screenshot i could have taken

Oh and since when are all other badges als floating? Its on all my Uniforms now. All badges are a few cm in front of the Uniform instead of being directly attached to it

I think that's how they 'fixed' the issues with a lot of combadges clipping into female chests when using the upper end of the slider range.

But yeah, the Wells class badge annoys me because it's so thin that a side on view of your characters renders it non existent. Also the lack of a 'true black' on the Wells class uniforms is irritating.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also the lack of a 'true black' on the Wells class uniforms is irritating.

Yeah, most fed uniform skirts lack a black that matches the blacks for the jackets, which is a pain.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes this is due to the outfits have baked in shades. the Khan outfit is one of the worst examples.

BEHOLD! Tetin's outfit looks a dingy green..ish color. But if you look at the color choices it should be blue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2015
    I think that's how they 'fixed' the issues with a lot of combadges clipping into female chests when using the upper end of the slider range.

But yeah, the Wells class badge annoys me because it's so thin that a side on view of your characters renders it non existent. Also the lack of a 'true black' on the Wells class uniforms is irritating.

So they "fixed" it by putting the badge in an impossible postition, floating in the air.
    Thats not fixing it,t hats breaking the badges for ther players too.

And for the wells Uniform its not only the Side view, also when you look straight at the uniform the badge looks wrong, its absolutely 2 dimensional from every perspective. Same for the Rank insignia. they just look like they were made out of paper and they don´t reflect the light like other insignia does. Its totally matte
    edited March 2015
    I'm still having this clipping issue with the Romulan jacket with Azuria@Amahino

http://i.imgur.com/SNdd1qm.jpg

adamkafei wrote: »
    Yeah, most fed uniform skirts lack a black that matches the blacks for the jackets, which is a pain.

Preach brother. The inability to match colors between top and bottom is an ongoing issue. As well as the quest for a true dark black.
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    The fixes to the Delta Alliance Armor and Fixes to the Romulan Republic Uppers should be in at the end of next week. The fixes were already done by the character team, but due to scheduling, these fixes took longer than normal to go through.