Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    The Intel Short Jacket issue for males has been fixed with the last patch. Thank you very much.

help me out here please, what was the issue?
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    help me out here please, what was the issue?

The short jackets were open for males (not expected), and closed for females (expected). As a result, males didn't get a short+closed variant. Apparently, all short versions were supposed to be closed, and long versions open. Honestly, I wanted both open/closed versions for both short and long versions but I am good with this fix for the moment.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets have both options for both jackets on both genders. LOL
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ahh yes, thx. I knew there was something strange about the promo pics...

I wouldn't mind to see both versions for both genders too.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Callevista, I don't mean to bug but is there any news on the potential Rom-Fed skirt option?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since the cloth fixes (which are a huge improvement, thanks so much for them!), the female TOS Romulan sash clips through a character's butt a bit in a standing animation. This is with the default body proportions. I'm not sure if it affects all stances, but I've noticed it with stern.

Still, it's so nice to see that thing not look like a piece of paper blowing in the wind.

-edit-

Sorry, stern stance, not standard. This doesn't seem to be an issue with standard.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The knees of Q's "dancing girls" go straight through their loincloths when they dance, too...though I also agree that for the most part this way is better. Seems there may need to be some kind of collision added now that there will be more contact between the cloth and the toon's body when they move?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am having an issue with clipping in the arms on the Romulan Republic 1 undershirt and jacket.

adamkafei wrote: »
    Hey Callevista, I don't mean to bug but is there any news on the potential Rom-Fed skirt option?

I am hoping this will happen some day.

On a separate note, I love the new cloth physics.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    The knees of Q's "dancing girls" go straight through their loincloths when they dance, too...though I also agree that for the most part this way is better. Seems there may need to be some kind of collision added now that there will be more contact between the cloth and the toon's body when they move?

As someone on Reddit pointed out, the front flap of the formal dress clips a bit while jogging and quite noticeably while running...I'm not sure there's anything they can really do about that without making the front flap look terrible while standing/walking again. (Why are you running in a formal dress anyway? :P )
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the info on the issues related to the updated cloth-fx.
    We already have a few cloth-related-issues fixed and those updates will hit the live servers soon.
    There are more issues to be sure, but they will be addressed in the near future.

Regarding the Fed-Rom skirts - there is no current plan to add new skirts as we have our hands full creating new assets for future content (and fixing bugs). But those are certainly amongst the costume parts that people have been interested in, and no doubt have peaked our interest into adding them.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Regarding the Fed-Rom skirts - there is no current plan to add new skirts as we have our hands full creating new assets for future content (and fixing bugs). But those are certainly amongst the costume parts that people have been interested in, and no doubt have peaked our interest into adding them.

This is a bit of a shame but I understand, I don't know if it's intended but the Rom-Fed 1 top on females leaves nothing to the imagination, do you think you could change the material so it doesn't mould itself to the skin?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This is a bit of a shame but I understand, I don't know if it's intended but the Rom-Fed 1 top on females leaves nothing to the imagination, do you think you could change the material so it doesn't mould itself to the skin?

We'll see what we can do. But one of the requirements for uppers (tops) is that they are relatively close to the form of the body. This is to allow for accessories such as sashes, belts, backpacks, arm attaches, etc to go over them. This applies to existing accessories that can be worn now, and accessories that can be made in the future.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2015

At least it's not as bad as SWTOR. Most clothing in that game, the stuff that doesn't have some kind of armor of robes over it, is practically painted on. Some in STO are similar, but most actually look like they fit properly.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    enoemg wrote: »
    At least it's not as bad as SWTOR. Most clothing in that game, the stuff that doesn't have some kind of armor of robes over it, is practically painted on. Some in STO are similar, but most actually look like they fit properly.

Oh yes, most decidedly so, most of the starfleet and KDF stuff fits brilliantly, same for the Rom Republic uniform, it's just this one piece that stands out, I like the way you put it actually, it's better than what I came up with.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I am getting crazy (next to having paranoia):

Was there a texture change to energy ground weapons and ground armor?

My and other players' weapons had a reflecting chrome texture today. The models looked like organic silver or something. Same happened to players wearing the regular body armor and even on my Diplomatic Uniform at the linings (or whatever the english word is for that).
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After Mr. Nimoys passing, I suggest we get Vulcan outfits in game.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the issues related to the updated cloth-fx.
    We already have a few cloth-related-issues fixed and those updates will hit the live servers soon.
    There are more issues to be sure, but they will be addressed in the near future.
    On that note, congratulations. I love the way the Romulan capes and Mirror TOS Sash are hanging now. It's perfect. Looks like they have some weight to them now, a firm Picard, "Nicely done".
    Those are certainly priorities in their proper order.

Though in addition to a skirt, might I reiterate that it may be appropriate for the Romulans to also get a proper Fleet uniform at some point. That seems to be a glaring omission to me.

Actually on this note, I would actually like the option to have Romulan tops without the jackets. The Romulan Republic 1 under shirt looks really cool to me.

On the subject of Captains without their jackets, did you guys ever think about adding the Captain's vest? Or better the 2410 equivalent.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A couple of issues that are probably working as intended but I would like re-evaluating / re-considering if possible.

1. 700-Day Veteran Android BOffs cannot use Romulan Republic and or Romulan Ally uniforms when claimed on a Romulan Republic character.

2. Romulan Republic Aliengen characters don't have access to the 'modern' Romulan hairstyles such as Gothic Long etc. for females and Short Swoop etc. for males.

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    captz1pp wrote: »
    After Mr. Nimoys passing, I suggest we get Vulcan outfits in game.

Yep the next lockbox the Spock lockbox. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    A couple of issues that are probably working as intended but I would like re-evaluating / re-considering if possible.

1. 700-Day Veteran Android BOffs cannot use Romulan Republic and or Romulan Ally uniforms when claimed on a Romulan Republic character.

2. Romulan Republic Aliengen characters don't have access to the 'modern' Romulan hairstyles such as Gothic Long etc. for females and Short Swoop etc. for males.

To the first: Can you only use Fed Uniforms? Because there are just Fed and KDF Androids available and they use their faction uniform only.

I have Fed Boffs on my Rom and they don't have access to Rom uniforms either.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    To the first: Can you only use Fed Uniforms? Because there are just Fed and KDF Androids available and they use their faction uniform only.

That is the reason yeah. Though he is right, it would be nice to see them allow it, or add in a Romulan version of the android (limit it so Romulans could claim either the Romulan version or the version from their ally).

Also, personally, I'd love to see the ally Romulan uniforms added to the Romulan embassy BOFFS. Like when I have one on my Fed toons they should have access to the Romulan Fed outfit, or KDF get Romulan KDF outfit.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Romulan Republic 1 undershirt clips through the sleeves of the Republic 2 jacket:

Screencap

Most noticeable with the stern stance my character is in there, but you can see it clipping at points in the standard animation, too.

Would it be possible to update the TOS uniform shirts to use one of the alternate color palettes with more pastel shades? I'm noticing it's impossible to really match the TOS sciences blue with the standard uniform palette, or the shade of green Kirk's tunic was.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

That is the reason yeah. Though he is right, it would be nice to see them allow it, or add in a Romulan version of the android (limit it so Romulans could claim either the Romulan version or the version from their ally).

Also, personally, I'd love to see the ally Romulan uniforms added to the Romulan embassy BOFFS. Like when I have one on my Fed toons they should have access to the Romulan Fed outfit, or KDF get Romulan KDF outfit.
    I would have thought/guessed that the easiest thing would be to allow Android BOffs to use the Romulan Republic/Flotilla and Romulan Ally costumes, as these costumes are unlocked via the storyline only Romulan Republic characters would be able to use them.

Then again if you wanted to be able to use any of the Romulan/Reman costume pieces then I would have thought/guessed that the best thing would be to do as khamseenair suggested and add dedicated Romulan Republic Android BOffs and limit the character to only one Android either Romulan Republic or Fed/KDF.

Just to clarify, I know nothing about game design or how Cryptic's engine/system actually works, the above is pure speculation on my part.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yes please. I just got a Romulan Embassy BOFF and was disappointed to find I could not even use the standard Republic uniform, let alone the Rom-Fed one.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sorry to pop up in this thread again, but two issues I've noticed lately:

'Halter' type costumes on female Klingons (at least Fed ones) are inconsistent on whether they show a proper Klingon spine or not... (the winter jacket for sure doesn't, the TOS Mirror one does, the Enterprise Mirror one doesn't...) (checked on K'dara@AuroraKet)

And more significantly for those who are even now finishing delta rep:

There's a vertex (a fellow player says its a single vertex) placed wrong just at the bottom of the chest of the Delta rep armor, on the character's right hand side. It makes a spot jut out like a dagger from the side. (checked on Ishaka@AuroraKet) Also, it appears the male variant (or at least variants on someone bigger than Ishaka) don't have the issue. (big thanks to Daron@kolromana for wearing one on the DS9 instance I was in to see about the male/larger variant) Also, when thanking Daron in game, it was mentioned that this is another costume without tails for Caitians.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a 2 in 1 picture here with a couple of issues with the Female Orion race specific outfits.

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w671/bandoswarrior/OrionBugs_zpsuzoua8is.jpg

1.) The "Risque" Bare chest top has a misaligned piercing, sitting above the bellybutton rather than on it like before the last major character model/texture update.

2.) The Loincloth belts no longer cover the underwear string since 2014's Summer Event. Overall glaringly obvious and looks very trashy.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    looks very trashy.
    But, Orions are usually such classy dressers! :D :P
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Rather than just editing and it possibly being missed, I'll quote myself:
    The Romulan Republic 1 undershirt clips through the sleeves of the Republic 2 jacket:

Screencap

Most noticeable with the stern stance my character is in there, but you can see it clipping at points in the standard animation, too.

And mention that this also affects the Romulan Republic 1 jacket. It's much more noticeable from the front than the back in the stern stance.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Rather than just editing and it possibly being missed, I'll quote myself:

And mention that this also affects the Romulan Republic 1 jacket. It's much more noticeable from the front than the back in the stern stance.

Thanks,
    I've updated the undershirts today. The clipping should be gone after the next update.