What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot Login/Unable to Authenticate on Verizon/ FiOS - August 2013

Comments

• Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I feel like I'm playing SWTOR on my last crappy computer. That is how bad this TRIBBLE is getting. I mean this thing crashed when I was ****ing editing my uniforms! Ridiculous!
  • Options
    vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    captprae wrote: »
    I am having this issue with ALL of my characters. Up until an hour ago, I was happily playing. I decided to switch characters and now I cannot log into any of them. The exact same issue happens, I attempt to log in, it times out, requires me to sign back in, then asks me of I want to log in normal or safe with any character I attempt to play.
    Back to the login screen after a few seconds of "server not responding", rinse/repeat.

same here. All 7 of them (all Feds). I stopped so I wouldn't lose my Romulan or Klingon. Branflakes please fix soon.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since no one is helping us on the forums and all they are doing is merging threads....

I suggest everyone start posting on Twitter and Facebook so this issue will actually get someone's attention.

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since no one is helping us on the forums and all they are doing is merging threads....

I suggest everyone start posting on Twitter and Facebook so this issue will actually get someone's attention.

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame

depending on the problem they might not be able to help anyways, if its the whole Verizon, fios, cant authenticate, or Verizon fios in general, there is a thread up in pwe as well already, and its not really something they can fix as has been stated in this thread already.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    verline1 wrote: »
    depending on the problem they might not be able to help anyways, if its the whole Verizon, fios, cant authenticate, or Verizon fios in general, there is a thread up in pwe as well already, and its not really something they can fix as has been stated in this thread already.

They could acknowledge there is a problem.

Too often players with out much tech saavy or too much tech saavy try and solve the problems themselves and its pointless or they TRIBBLE something up. Bet right now there are 100s of people downloading and re-installing the entire game.

We also don't know for sure its strictly a Verizon issue.

And even if it is it could be a contract dispute, power went out in some Podunck town and took some important router , some cable came loose.

ITS NOT OUR JOB TO FIGURE OUT WHY regardless.

Its obviously not a minor issue if its been going on for days and affecting a number of customers in different regions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    lazerragelazerrage Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is absolute BS.
    I have been having a problem on my computer getting the message "Game client.exe has stopped working". I sent a ticket in and got a generic response from Cryptic and tried about 20 different solutions they had posted, finally removing and reinstalling the game with the same message still showing up.
    I finally gave up for a bit and started playing on my old laptop on which I have been playing this game for 3 years now. Everything had been ok till this AM when I try to log in, I am getting the message "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE".
    So now I cannot log on and plat at all. I have Verizon FIOS too, and I have been reading player comments, but it is not our responsibility to call around and try to find out Corporate BS issues between different companies. It is Cryptic's responsibility to fix these issues and quick.
    Any place where we can start registering complains like the Better Business Bureau ?
    Frustrated,
    Laser.
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The work around is getting a free vpn and using that service to connect to sto.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question--How can Cryptic fix an internet problem, when they themselves or not an ISP company? They are a fixed Server base business, connected to the internet like we all are...

Please do not assume they can magically wave a wand and everything will be dandy in a bit.

As for the Tech Savy players that have provided great info on what is the actual cause of this situation. is a blessing, cause in the end. It forced me verify to what extent the problem is, and this time, this time...it is not Cryptic in no way shape or form.

The villiian in the last few days, is the internet, the gateway that connects all our PCs, mobile, etc, etc across this vast *and small* world of ours.

As it is about money, and who wants to get paid.

Cryptic is just a paying customer like all of us, that uses the internet with whatever equipment is at hand.

The sooner that is realized, the better we understand the bigger picture at hand. And there is a secondary worry to this crisis, those who are fleet leaders in said fleet, if access is not restored with 27 less days from now. Could be replaced from those who still have full access to play the game.

There's enough trouble with the bottling of internet access...but the last part mentioned is on my mind as well.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    celticfistcohcelticfistcoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do not have access to primary captain. Getting same messages as several other posted. It lets me log in and when I pick my primary it times out after about 10s. Used another character on that same account and after multiple tries it worked and just set him up for doffing and changed a few zones.

With my primary neither safe nor normal login are working.

I have Fios and live in the mid-atlantic region and disappointed the problem is occurring again as it did several weeks ago.
  • Options
    grins1grins1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It started for me when I switched zones got server timeing out then dissconected.
    Logged back in chose that toon and could not login to that 1 toon all othere were fine till today. Now I can't login to any of my toons launchers loads fine I get character selection screen with all my toons on it. Now they all have the message an error occured while transferring this character its destination map. I am now getting this message for all my toons even ones that I haven't logged into.
  • Options
    sardaxxsardaxx Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They could acknowledge there is a problem.

Too often players with out much tech saavy or too much tech saavy try and solve the problems themselves and its pointless or they TRIBBLE something up. Bet right now there are 100s of people downloading and re-installing the entire game.

We also don't know for sure its strictly a Verizon issue.

And even if it is it could be a contract dispute, power went out in some Podunck town and took some important router , some cable came loose.

ITS NOT OUR JOB TO FIGURE OUT WHY regardless.

Its obviously not a minor issue if its been going on for days and affecting a number of customers in different regions.

If they can't do anything about it, it would be fine but I would be nice to hear something from them.

I'd like to know if / when we could expect some sort of resolution to our problem.

or do we need to find something else to do.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mine stops right at the login portion and no further...

grins1 wrote: »
    It started for me when I switched zones got server timeing out then dissconected.
    Logged back in chose that toon and could not login to that 1 toon all othere were fine till today. Now I can't login to any of my toons launchers loads fine I get character selection screen with all my toons on it. Now they all have the message an error occured while transferring this character its destination map. I am now getting this message for all my toons even ones that I haven't logged into.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, my friend just switched ISPs (through his IPhone, AT&T) and was able to login IMMEDIATELY. So it's quite obvious that it is Verizon, if anyone had ANY doubts whatsoever.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    starkad1111starkad1111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They might not be able to magically wave a wand and fix this, but they can be our ADVOCATE. They are a huge company. We are consumers whose individual voices are generally ignored. If Perfect World is unwilling to be their customers advocates, then they are going to start losing customers. It's really that simple.

Yes, it is Verizon's issue.
    No, that does not remove ALL responsibility from Perfect World.
    Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for the reports. So that our engineers can get more information, please reply and post your location, ISP provider and a tracert result pointing to: patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Instructions for running a tracert: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Please also post results from a Nettest. Instructions here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

I'll pass these along, however, as others have noted, this sounds to be isolated to one ISP so it may be up to them to resolve as everything looks healthy from our end. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    johnsaucierjohnsaucier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was playing last night on my main character in the Beta Ursae block when I tried to go to another sector and suddenly the server is no longer responding.

I get logged off.

I try to log back in and can't. I try safe login, and normal login both same issue. The map begins to load and the server times out. I tried for over an hour and no dice. I gave up and went to bed.

I get into game do some doff stuff in the sector and try to leave and suddenly SAME ISSUE! It loads the map and then times out. When I try to log back in, same exact issue, normal and safe login won't work.

This is extremely frustrating and what makes it worse is knowing there is no one at Cryptic to help me out, because this game has no ONLINE HELP for immediate problems. The last support ticket I put in took 4 weeks to get resolved.

At this point I am very angry, and disappointed that issues like this should be something that can be resolved quickly.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still unable to log on, so as per Cereal Man's instructions, here goes!

ISP: Verizon FiOS

Tracert:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 7 ms 6 ms 6 ms L100.WASHDC-VFTTP-86.verizon-gni.net [173.66.91.
    1]
    3 11 ms 9 ms 10 ms G1-6-3-3.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.2
    19.232]
    4 7 ms 6 ms 8 ms ae0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.209.11
    4]
    5 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms 0.ae1.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.226.15]
    6 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms 0.xe-11-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.162]

7 55 ms 56 ms 55 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 58 ms 57 ms 56 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    9 75 ms 64 ms 54 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    10 51 ms 52 ms 52 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Nettest:
    contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: 173.66.151.131
    Ping: 55.6 msec
    Port: 80: 1176 KB/sec 42 KB/sec 1242 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 1111 KB/sec 40 KB/sec 1173 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 1558 KB/sec 62 KB/sec 1656 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 1262 KB/sec 50 KB/sec 1337 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 1240 KB/sec 49 KB/sec 1315 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 1124 KB/sec 45 KB/sec 1192 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 1149 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1217 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 1124 KB/sec 45 KB/sec 1192 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 1157 KB/sec 46 KB/sec 1227 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 1264 KB/sec 50 KB/sec 1340 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 1126 KB/sec 43 KB/sec 1193 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 1255 KB/sec 50 KB/sec 1331 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 1091 KB/sec 40 KB/sec 1152 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
    hit return to exit
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do you have Verizon FOIS as your ISP? If your answer is yes, you might want to read this thread.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They might not be able to magically wave a wand and fix this, but they can be our ADVOCATE. They are a huge company. We are consumers whose individual voices are generally ignored. If Perfect World is unwilling to be their customers advocates, then they are going to start losing customers. It's really that simple.

Yes, it is Verizon's issue.
    No, that does not remove ALL responsibility from Perfect World.
    Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

In reality, compared to the likes of Netflix and Google, PWE is a very very small player in the Internet. If you really want a ADVOCATE for this issue, then you should contact your representative in Congress and ask about his position concerning Network Neutrality...
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...And it's doing it again. Yay FIOS. This is ridiculous, time to call them and threaten to switch to Comcast (though comcast completely blows and charges $20/month more for the exact same service).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mine says...

'Unable to resolve target system name patchserver.crypticstudios.com' from the CMD prompt...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Since people arnt reading links, or arnt understanding them, the Verizon fios issue stems from a problem with net flicks traffic.

The short and dirty, providers do a whole, we share networks so long as what you send me and what I send you equals the same load, if one side is sending more data then the other, they are normally supposed to shoulder the cost of the other opening up more ports and such to handle said load.

Cognant, who handles the traffic for these games, and netflicks, is basically pumping more data into Verizon's network, then version sends back, and then refusing to pay the cost to have Verizon handle the extra load. So Verizon doesn't bother opening more ports, the system backs up, we get this problem.

personally I blame both sides, congant is flaunting how the system has worked for a long time, and has flaunted it in the past. Verizon is so bent on getting money that they are willing to let customers suffer in the face of the problem, rather then do something then go after cognant legally for the money.

and Us, pwe/cryptic, STO, Champions online, likely other games, and netflicks are basically all cought in the middle till the two children stop taking their ball and going home.

Pwe is also aware of the problem and has been talking to congant about it, if you check their boards, but the responses their getting are the sort of BS youd get normally, reset modem, so on.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    truewarper wrote: »
    Mine says...

'Unable to resolve target system name patchserver.crypticstudios.com' from the CMD prompt...

Maybe a stupid question, but what about editing your own HOSTS file? Might that work?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tampa florida, Verizon Fios

C:\Users\verline work>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

2 9 ms 4 ms 2 ms L100.TAMPFL-VFTTP-71.verizon-gni.net [173.65.173
    .1]
    3 5 ms 7 ms 7 ms G0-5-4-4.TAMPFL-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
    10.218]
    4 4 ms 5 ms 4 ms so-4-0-0-0.TPA01-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81
    .199.28]
    5 87 ms 46 ms 46 ms 0.ae1.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.226.15]
    6 71 ms 46 ms 46 ms 0.ge-9-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.50]
    7 53 ms 53 ms 52 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 54 ms 54 ms 53 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    9 88 ms 89 ms 91 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    10 90 ms 91 ms 89 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Local IP: 173.65.222.59
    Ping: 85.7 msec
    Port: 80: 444 KB/sec 11 KB/sec 469 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 319 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 334 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 552 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 579 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 332 KB/sec 10 KB/sec 351 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 472 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 496 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 480 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 504 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 488 KB/sec 10 KB/sec 513 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 612 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 644 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 508 KB/sec 10 KB/sec 534 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 263 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 306 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 132 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 139 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 483 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 509 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 475 KB/sec 8 KB/sec 499 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 33 KB/sec Recv: 710 KB/sec
    hit return to exit
  • Options
    dabihtriaddabihtriad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

2 6 ms 6 ms 7 ms L100.WASHDC-VFTTP-98.verizon-gni.net [96.255.166
    .1]
    3 11 ms 12 ms 12 ms G0-9-3-3.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
    83.198]
    4 79 ms 9 ms 10 ms so-3-1-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
    51.232]
    5 18 ms 44 ms 22 ms 0.ae1.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.226.15]
    6 21 ms 21 ms 19 ms 0.ge-9-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.42]
    7 21 ms 21 ms 22 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 27 ms 27 ms 22 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    9 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    10 59 ms 61 ms 64 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>

Nettest Results
    Local IP: 71.191.72.203
    Ping: 44.1 msec
    Port: 80: 991 KB/sec 24 KB/sec 1058 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 392 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 416 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 338 KB/sec 15 KB/sec 359 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 129 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 135 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 242 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 255 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 153 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 162 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 248 KB/sec 8 KB/sec 261 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 206 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 217 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 245 KB/sec 9 KB/sec 260 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 177 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 187 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 318 KB/sec 11 KB/sec 341 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 391 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 413 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 1473 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 1569 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
    hit return to exit
    My ISP is Verizon Fios. I live in Springfield, VA (metro DC area).
    My gameplay was fine until mid-evening. I was DC'ed, and when I tried to get back on, I could not. I have tried on both my computers with the same results. I receive the "Unable to authenticate" error at the launcher. If I try to start directly from the game client, it tells me the authentication server has timed out.
  • Options
    starkad1111starkad1111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NOTE: Masked some octets for security.

ISP: Verizon FIOS

Tracert:
    tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.x.x
    2 7 ms 6 ms 6 ms L100.BSTNMA-VFTTP-05.verizon-gni.net [72.74.93.1]
    3 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms P9-0.BSTNMA-LCR-02.verizon-gni.net [130.81.37.250]
    4 11 ms 7 ms 7 ms so-7-0-0-0.BOS-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81.29.166]
    5 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms 0.so-0-2-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.16.141]
    6 11 ms 9 ms 9 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
    7 16 ms 18 ms 17 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
    8 18 ms 17 ms 16 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.104]
    9 43 ms 37 ms 34 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    10 40 ms 39 ms 39 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Nettest:
    Local IP: 72.74.93.x
    Ping: 51.7 msec
    Port: 80: 382 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 407 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 742 KB/sec 53 KB/sec 792 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 201 KB/sec 34 KB/sec 215 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 260 KB/sec 17 KB/sec 277 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 221 KB/sec 32 KB/sec 240 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 414 KB/sec 51 KB/sec 444 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 198 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 219 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 115 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 125 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 611 KB/sec 38 KB/sec 655 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 856 KB/sec 70 KB/sec 919 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 538 KB/sec 66 KB/sec 580 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 189 KB/sec 16 KB/sec 204 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 1010 KB/sec 40 KB/sec 1074 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 26 KB/sec Recv: 1 KB/sec
    hit return to exit
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ISP: Verizon FIOS NYC

Test 1

1 2 ms 5 ms 3 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 8 ms 10 ms 12 ms L100.NYCMNY-VFTTP-175.verizon-gni.net [71.167.34.1]
    3 12 ms 11 ms 12 ms G0-10-3-3.NYCMNY-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net[130.81.182.16]
    4 12 ms 9 ms 11 ms so-5-0-0-0.NY325-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81.22.16]
    5 24 ms 20 ms 16 ms 0.so-7-1-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.0.221]
    6 18 ms 16 ms 18 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
    7 21 ms 16 ms 19 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
    8 17 ms 19 ms * border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    9 40 ms 38 ms 48 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    10 40 ms 38 ms 37 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Test 2
    Local IP: 96.x
    Ping: 176.5 msec
    Port: 80: 53 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 58 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 42 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 47 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 45 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 48 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 67 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 78 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 42 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 45 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 52 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 55 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 52 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 55 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: timed out
    Port: 7202: 91 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 98 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 51 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 56 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 43 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 48 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: timed out
    Port: 80: 53 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 57 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 1 KB/sec
  • Options
    sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just finished talking to a Verizon support rep.

Fortunately, I didn't have to spend too much time cutting through the bs (yay for good support :)). Basically it seems the official line is that there are no problems with Verizon - which is true. The fact that I am on the internet proves that.

The rep said that Cogent isn't supporting Verizon. That is all he said about it. Whether that was what he said from his own knowledge, an official line from Verizon, or something else I am not sure.

Talking to Verizon support will likely not get anyone anywhere though, and I didn't expect it to, but thought I would double check before officially saying it was useless.
  • Options
    martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know that there might not be much cryptic can do, but thanks BranFlakes for looking into it. If maybe someone over there could at least call Cogent, maybe that could help move them along?

ISP: Verizon FiOS

Tracert:

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 5 ms 4 ms 4 ms L100.NWRKNJ-VFTTP-107.verizon-gni.net [71.187.177.1]
    3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms G0-9-2-7.NWRKNJ-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.133.22]
    4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms so-6-1-0-0.NWRK-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81.199.16]
    5 16 ms 16 ms 17 ms 0.so-7-1-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.0.221]
    6 16 ms 17 ms 16 ms 0.ge-9-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.42]
    7 19 ms 20 ms 20 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]