What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe cooldown change -- 4 hour cooldown added *now in patch notes*

Comments

• Options
    joescoffee7joescoffee7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1) The majority of people claiming to know economics need to lose the ego, as veteran players of this game have been able to farm this event for years. Should the economy of the game be affected, prices will drop allowing older players with higher EC values to reap possibly the largest benefit... as opposed to a newer player who was hoping to earn his way to a ship within the next lifetime. Now, before you all start quoting and rating like the troll farmers you are.... all I'm saying is... There are always extraneous variables we small minded humans can't account for. For those claiming to know economics... From where did you learn? A school in a country where the economy is quickly going to the dumpster, gg. ...No one knows anything, you'll agree once you're wise, there are always too many small variables at play.

2) I'm not advocating one way or the other, given the profit ratio of tour, it was somewhat out of line with the rest of the game.....However, In my mentality, players from the past were awarded it... as soon as I see the light of day for purchasing a new ship I wanted... it was nerfed. ## 0.o ====\\" BANG

3) Cryptic doesn't care, 2.8'ish million when meta'gamed was 2x lockbox keys players who ran tour could purchase without paying the cash cow.

4) I'll now be running Tour the Universe in Star Citizen now that I see the PvP ship I really wanted is out or reach for the new player that I am.
  • Options
    xepthrixepthri Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not opposed to buying zen.
    I am opposed to the idea of tweaking the game to make it such that people feel almost no choice but to buy zen.
    And I may have bought zen, I was quite close to doing so to get myself a birthday present recently... even thought of being a lifer.
    Now my inclination has reduced again.

And I hear that the p2p is glitched too, people not getting stipends and all that.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a player who has never run the tour and who has gotten by with EC since release of the game. I can say that this is NOT needed by players.

Players who relied on this tour need to suck it up and adapt their play style by actually, I dunno, doing missions and getting drops...

I honestly cannot wait until prices on the exchange drop due to this change, which I hope that they will.

Well yeah, i was 95% of the time unable to do the tour, so for me it's not the actual tour-nerf which was so irritating.

It was once again the way they did it, which pissed people off. Now, my question to you is; how would you feel if they nerf one of the EC-sources you are depending on? And more specifically, without letting you know. Now they've nerfed this, what will be next?
  • Options
    kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Well yeah, i was 95% of the time unable to do the tour, so for me it's not the actual tour-nerf which was so irritating.

It was once again the way they did it, which pissed people off. Now, my question to you is; how would you feel if they nerf one of the EC-sources you are depending on? And more specifically, without letting you know. Now they've nerfed this, what will be next?

You know the answer to that question as well as anyone, sir. They'll come here. They'll gripe and whine about it, like we're doing now. Some people will be sympathetic, some people will remember this little altercation we're having now and say "suck it up, you self righteous prick" (not me, of course, i'm far too polite).

All the while Cryptic will say "oops", then clam up and ignore the rage, because - and let's be honest here, from 1 to 10, how much do they really care what we say.

Then we'll go back to the game and play it. Or we'll not.

Whatever happens, though, the one thing we have for granted, is next time they pull this TRIBBLE, a giant meteor will rip down from the skies in agony and kill us all. You know it will.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    corey558 wrote: »

(1) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to the in-game economy or to the players? If everyone had equal access and opportunity to the rewards that the event offered (which they did), one has to wonder who lost out.

Yes.

/thread
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Brandon,

You've asked for constructive feedback, so I'll try to limit my response to that.

Like many of my fellow players, I'm very upset about the nerfing of Tour the Galaxy (TTG). I know the devs don't exactly have an easy job and work hard to strike the right balance in game. Keeping that in mind, the following are appropriate questions to ask:

(1) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to the in-game economy or to the players? If everyone had equal access and opportunity to the rewards that the event offered (which they did), one has to wonder who lost out.

(2) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to Cryptic's bottom line? I understand that you're running a business and must keep cash flows in mind. However, I don't see the connection between Energy Credits and the items that players purchase with their real money. I don't see how Cryptic's business model was compromised by this event. If I have that wrong, I stand corrected!

(3) Would the in-game economy, the players, or Cryptic's business model be negatively affected if TTG were restored to its original structure?

If the answer to all the above questions is "No," or even a tepid "perhaps not," a reasonable argument could be made that there's no good reason NOT to restore TTG to its former structure. To the contrary, Cryptic would win the gratitude and relief of many of its most ardent and loyal customers.

Good sir... you just know everyone BUT Brandon is going to reply to your sensible, smart and well built message.

And you know their responses are all going to be well thought out and meaningful, rather than smug, probably one worded, spouts of half-trolling, half self-aggrandizing bile and hot air, all too properly matching the wit and maturity of the replier in question.

Case in point.
  • Options
    majinsyllusmajinsyllus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013

As for this Personally i think they are way to generous with ftp players .

Couldn't of heard anything more stupid in my life.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2013
    kblargh wrote: »
    Good sir... you just know everyone BUT Brandon is going to reply to your sensible, smart and well built message.

And you know their responses are all going to be well thought out and meaningful, rather than smug, probably one worded, spouts of half-trolling, half self-aggrandizing bile and hot air, all too properly matching the wit and maturity of the replier in question.

Case in point.

Really? Get over it.
  • Options
    el1mel1m Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This thread has had 517 replies and 18k views in 2 days, the devs have to take notice of this and revert the changes!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    el1m wrote:
    This thread has had 517 replies and 18k views in 2 days, the devs have to take notice of this and revert the changes!

Only, they won't.
    Really? Get over it.

Really.

I'm over it. Don't you worry none, and thanks for caring.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2013
    el1m wrote: »

Pls do not revert.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Pls do not revert.

Because, if they were to actually listen to the players, you'd be totally in the majority.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am not sure how hard it would be to code for but a compromise could exist for those that do the full tour and not the few sectors, drop, rinse and repeat ones. When you complete the full tour you get a consumable item that will effectively get rid of the cooldown. It could be given by the NPC that gives the out mission in the first place. This way those that do the full tour are not being punished for playing as intended because of those that did not.

I really can't get worked up over hidden updates, even though it was added to the patch notes later. When I see they have done it again all I think is "Normal Cryptic behaviour". I always take the patch notes with a pinch of salt as I know they aren't complete and other things will be slipped in and they hope we will not notice them until too late. They got caught out here as this was noticed very quickly and so they had to add it to the patch notes.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Brandon,

You've asked for constructive feedback, so I'll try to limit my response to that.
    [~snip~]
    If the answer to all the above questions is "No," or even a tepid "perhaps not," a reasonable argument could be made that there's no good reason NOT to restore TTG to its former structure. To the contrary, Cryptic would win the gratitude and relief of many of its most ardent and loyal customers.
    Truthfully.... I suspect that 2 and 3 are not the reasons Cryptic had in mind when they made the change.

But #1? yeah, That was a problem.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Couldn't of heard anything more stupid in my life.

that statement tops my dumb list personally.

I personally don't like the whole FTP concept ingames Simply because it creates more problems than it solves , creates people who are parasites on the system , it allows people to create multiple accounts makes it harder to enforce the tos, makes banning useless so it is harder to get rid of the "bad element" and overall makes it easier for profession exploiters to do their work.

I think FTP players should have a lot more disadvantages and restrictions .

FTP are usually the ones who complain about PTW and other Disadvantages over "wallet warriors" which is illogical if i am going to pay money and your not i should have advantages over you .

In my opinion if someone actually tries to take the FTP system literally and makes it their goal not to spend money they are a parasite and should be grateful and feel lucky with the amount of stuff that any ftp game has given them. I personally think its to much.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xepthri wrote: »

And I hear that the p2p is glitched too, people not getting stipends and all that.

i cant speak for others but i havent missed any personally
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xepthri wrote: »
    I am not opposed to buying zen.
    I am opposed to the idea of tweaking the game to make it such that people feel almost no choice but to buy zen.
    And I may have bought zen, I was quite close to doing so to get myself a birthday present recently... even thought of being a lifer.
    Now my inclination has reduced again.

For about a year Dilithium exploits ran wild. Then Cryptic finally got around to changing them. Now they're getting around to changing the EC exploits - and there are still plenty of Foundry missions you can exploit for EC. Fixing exploits isn't something new in gaming. How long they take to fix has no bearing on whether they should exist.

As far as your comments about being forced to buy Zen, I haven't purchased any Zen on my account since the game went FTP in Jan 2011 and I own ever Fed ship, most of the KDF ships, all the Rom ships I want, and tons of uniforms and other items. There's nothing forcing anyone to buy Zen. People simply need to play the game and stop pretending they have a right to everything in the game for free after playing for 2 or 3 months.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    that statement tops my dumb list personally.

I personally don't like the whole FTP concept Simply because it creates more problems than it solves , creates people who are parasites on the system , it allows people to create multiple accounts makes it harder to enforce the tos, makes banning useless so it is harder to get rid of the "bad element" and overall makes it easier for profession exploiters to do their work.

I think FTP players should have a lot more disadvantages and restrictions .

FTP are usually the ones who complain about PTW and other Disadvantages over "wallet warriors" which is illogical if i am going to pay money and your not i should have advantages over you .

In my opinion if some actually tries to take the FTP system literally and makes it their goal not to s pend money they are a parasite and should be grateful and feel lucky with the amount of stuff that PW/cryptic has given you to I personally think its to much.

Excuse me, I don't want to hijack this thread, but you are accusing F2P players "parasites on the system" while being a Lifetime member? Granted, I don't know how long you got your LTS, but that statement is outrageous. If you got your LTS from the very beginning, how far do you think your 300 bucks brought the company you are defending so vigorly? And since F2P you're getting a free stipend as well each month. If anyone can be considered a parasite...

I don't want this to go by uncommented. I was a subscriber prior to F2P. Since F2P, subscriptions became effectively worthless, obsolete, gold members have to do all the tedious grind F2P members have to do, they even snatched away the VA ship for gold players (don't tell me about the 600-day vet reward worth 200 bucks or so in subscriptions. No ship's worth that amount of money). That's why I have decided not to pay anymore for this game, since F2P I'm a "parasite" - because that's the way this game was designed to be. I won't stand by you throwing general insults to people who play the game "as it is designed". If Cryptic has a problem with that (obviously) they should undo all that hideous TRIBBLE they did to STO since the F2P introduction and install the abo system again. If they don't do that people will play for free. Since thats what is being advertised.

I'm sorry I don't mean to offend you personally. But I just felt the need to comment on that. No hard feelings :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Excuse me, I don't want to hijack this thread, but you are accusing F2P players "parasites on the system" while being a Lifetime member? Granted, I don't know how long you got your LTS, but that statement is outrageous. If you got your LTS from the very beginning, how far do you think your 300 bucks brought the company you are defending so vigorly? And since F2P you're getting a free stipend as well each month. If anyone can be considered a parasite...

I don't want this to go by uncommented. I was a subscriber prior to F2P. Since F2P, subscriptions became effectively worthless, obsolete, gold members have to do all the tedious grind F2P members have to do, they even snatched away the VA ship for gold players (don't tell me about the 600-day vet reward worth 200 bucks or so in subscriptions. No ship's worth that amount of money). That's why I have decided not to pay anymore for this game, since F2P I'm a "parasite" - because that's the way this game was designed to be. I won't stand by you throwing general insults to people who play the game "as it is designed". If Cryptic has a problem with that (obviously) they should undo all that hideous TRIBBLE they did to STO since the F2P introduction and install the abo system again. If they don't do that people will play for free. Since thats what is being advertised.

I'm sorry I don't mean to offend you personally. But I just felt the need to comment on that. No hard feelings :)

(FYI I edited the post and added clarification that its the FTP system in games I don't agree with . (as opposed to the FTP business opportunity I promote)

Don't worry I expect this type of response but as you I couldn't let someone's comment go unresponded. I just started this season and don't have the same opinions about the game as you we are on oppisite sides of the coin so to speak.

The only complaint I have atm is the time gates I think they are dumb you should be able to build stuff rep, holdings etc as you have resources for it i understand it is put in part to protect casual players and in part so the game takes longer to complete but still don't agree with it.

As for your comment about value. Value is a personal thing . I personally feel i have gotten value for my money in the short time that i have played. I personally don't have any lag , am not affect by any game braking bugs well att he writing of this post at least. I also don't have any complaints about any of the recent patches and support fixing exploits alike the one t hey patched for the tour.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Tour wasn't an exploit.

An exploit is a 500 million dollar EC limit in the exchange which is ridiculous.

A 5 million dollar limit would still be too lenient.

There should be nothing in this game that you can't get from playing.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Brandon,

Like many of my fellow players, I'm very upset about the nerfing of Tour the Galaxy (TTG). I know the devs don't exactly have an easy job and work hard to strike the right balance in game. Keeping that in mind, the following are appropriate questions to ask:

(2) Was the TTG event, as it was previously structured, detrimental to Cryptic's bottom line? I understand that you're running a business and must keep cash flows in mind. However, I don't see the connection between Energy Credits and the items that players purchase with their real money. I don't see how Cryptic's business model was compromised by this event. If I have that wrong, I stand corrected!

(3) Would the in-game economy, the players, or Cryptic's business model be negatively affected if TTG were restored to its original structure?

i disagree with the entire concept of you post ...

sarcasm we have changed are mind and are going to revert it not only that we are going to raise the sector bonus to 10 mil each /sarcasm off.

The whole problem with the exploit is the amount of money you can generate in the short period of time .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Tour wasn't an exploit.

In response to people complaining it was not in the patch notes Looks like the regard it as an exploit to me ......
    Hi Captains,

An update -- the change was unfortunately missing from Tribble and Holodeck patch notes. I've added it to yesterday's Holodeck patch notes now. We apologize that it was missing.

Please keep feedback constructive in this thread so that I may pass it along for consideration.

EDIT: It was changed to close an exploit, but we will still consider your constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    (FYI I edited the post and added clarification that its the FTP system in games I don't agree with . (as opposed to the FTP business opportunity I promote)

Don't worry I expect this type of response but as you I couldn't let someone's comment go unresponded. I just started this season and don't have the same opinions about the game as you we are on oppisite sides of the coin so to speak.

The only complaint I have atm is the time gates I think they are dumb you should be able to build stuff rep, holdings etc as you have resources for it i understand it is put in part to protect casual players and in part so the game takes longer to complete but still don't agree with it.

As for your comment about value. Value is a personal thing . I personally feel i have gotten value for my money in the short time that i have played. I personally don't have any lag , am not affect by any game braking bugs well att he writing of this post at least. I also don't have any complaints about any of the recent patches and support fixing exploits alike the one t hey patched for the tour.

I read it, though I still consider it insulting that you label some players as "parasites". It's especially your last paragraph: Those "parasites" are, in your opinion, people that play the game for free - what is exactly what it is advertised as. "Come and play STO for free. You don't have to buy anything, you can earn everything via in-game methods" - THAT's the way they sold us F2P all the time. Can you imagine the uprising that caused prior to the transition? This is how they wanted us to see the game. Well, fine. Challenge accepted. Now there are people playing the game for free, earning everything via in-game means. That's not parasitism and it's not alright to try and spawn guilty feelings in players that chose this route because, honestly, it's Cryptics/PWEs failure. If they want players to pay for playing they'd keep the P2P model. Now they advertise this game as free and try to lure and trick people into paying for the game but not everyone falls for that and it's their right to do so.

You know, "back in my days" (lol) there were no "exploits" in games. In fact, finding those "exploits" and glitches was part of the gaming experience. You'd tell your friends during lunch break how you defeated that pesky wizard even or especially if you "broke the fourth wall" in doing so - the tour event was no exploit. At all. If it had been an exploit they'd have had fixed that years ago. They didn't. Meanwhile, players found out how to make more EC by means THEY (Cryptic) implemented and quality checked. They researched and improved means to earn in-game currency by "peaceful" in-game means. If it would have been unintentional this "bug/exploit" had been fixed right away. It was no secret. In contrary, it was one of the advertised ways to earn in-game what they offered in the shops because EC is practically worthless when it comes to dil/C-store purchases. But they made stuff tradeable on the exchange. It was the way they intended it to be.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In response to people complaining it was not in the patch notes Looks like the regard it as an exploit to me ......

Hmmm, and thats from people who think it's alright to break things that people pay for after the fact so I guess it's par for the course and they slip yet another notch down the fail ladder. (Didn't think it went as low as they are now.)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As I mentioned earlier, if Cryptic really wanted to fix the economy, they'd do like in Champions Online :

Add a fee to the exchange that scales with the price the seller is offering.

In CO, the fee is 5% of the item price. Make it 10% here, and after losing several millions in reposting their items, some will think again before making an overpriced offer.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I read it, though I still consider it insulting that you label some players as "parasites". It's especially your last paragraph: Those "parasites" are, in your opinion, people that play the game for free - what is exactly what it is advertised as. "Come and play STO for free. You don't have to buy anything, you can earn everything via in-game methods" - THAT's the way they sold us F2P all the time. Can you imagine the uprising that caused prior to the transition? This is how they wanted us to see the game. Well, fine. Challenge accepted. Now there are people playing the game for free, earning everything via in-game means. That's not parasitism and it's not alright to try and spawn guilty feelings in players that chose this route because, honestly, it's Cryptics/PWEs failure. If they want players to pay for playing they'd keep the P2P model. Now they advertise this game as free and try to lure and trick people into paying for the game but not everyone falls for that and it's their right to do so.

You know, "back in my days" (lol) there were no "exploits" in games. In fact, finding those "exploits" and glitches was part of the gaming experience. You'd tell your friends during lunch break how you defeated that pesky wizard even or especially if you "broke the fourth wall" in doing so - the tour event was no exploit. At all. If it had been an exploit they'd have had fixed that years ago. They didn't. Meanwhile, players found out how to make more EC by means THEY (Cryptic) implemented and quality checked. They researched and improved means to earn in-game currency by "peaceful" in-game means. If it would have been unintentional this "bug/exploit" had been fixed right away. It was no secret. In contrary, it was one of the advertised ways to earn in-game what they offered in the shops because EC is practically worthless when it comes to dil/C-store purchases. But they made stuff tradeable on the exchange. It was the way they intended it to be.

If it helps at all i did clarify what i considered a parasite .

"In my opinion if someone actually tries to take the FTP system literally and makes it their goal not to spend money they are a parasite and should be grateful and feel lucky with the amount of stuff that any ftp game has given them. I personally think its to much."

if it helps further i will clarify further by adding " and expects all ingame advantages paying people do "

Also people on here come to the forums or in game and gloat that they can turn dil into zen and not give PW/Cryptic any money ...that is my definition of parasite.

yes i know its a valid legit way to get around the system but still they are using a service and not giving anything in return basically another way to think of it is they are the same as "afk players " people get so ranty about in here .

I will also speak about your point on advertising free to play. If i want to advertise game that is FTP but with heavy restrictions and you decide to play it you cant then complain that I am "tricking" you into paying because of said restrictions .

For example if a game has 4 points abcd .. say I let free players get to point A but you have to "buy" access to points b c d What I consider a parasite is someone who will try to figure out a way to gain access to points b c d without paying money.

I can still advertise this is free to play because I am allowing you access up to the end of point a for free.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What I consider a parasite is someone who will try to figure out a way to gain access to points b c d without paying money much like people on here come to the forums or in game and gloat that they can turn dil into zen and not give PW/Cryptic any money ...that is my definition of parasite.
    I'm much too old to worry about some nobody on a gaming forum calling me a parasite. If he thinks about it a bit I'm sure angrytarg will come to that conclusion too. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I'm much too old to worry about some nobody on a gaming forum calling me a parasite. If he thinks about it a bit I'm sure angrytarg will come to that conclusion too. :)

hmm i take it adding some nobody was supposed to be some sort of persona jab ....you may be old in age but not maturity if you have to sink down to personal insults .

To be be specific i wasn't calling any particular person a parasite i was calling the actions of certain players parasitic and by definition i was correct

parasite

A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host

Which if somone make it their goal to use every way in the book to get out of paying for the game fits the definition exactly.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    hmm i take it adding some nobody was supposed to be some sort of persona jab ....you may be old in age but not maturity if you have to sink down to personal insults .

To be be specific i wasn't calling any particular person a parasite i was calling the actions of certain players parasitic and by definition i was correct

parasite

A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host

Which if somone make it their goal to use every way in the book to get out of paying for the game fits the definition exactly.
    What you seem to forget is that a parasite doesn't need to work hours a month to earn it's free meal. A player who chooses to get free Zen does. 3 hours a day is 90 hours a month grinding the same handful of events over and over and over and over just to get a ship from the C-Store. That's far different then a parasite laying in your intestines just eating whatever floats by.

And yes, unless i know you personally, you are a nobody. Some faceless avatar on a gaming forum who might be 12 or might be 90; who might be male, female, or hermaphrodite; who might be clinically insane or a Nobel Laureate. There's absolutely no reason I should give a stranger's comments any creedence at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What you seem to forget is that a parasite doesn't need to work hours a month to earn it's free meal. A player who chooses to get free Zen does. 3 hours a day is 90 hours a month grinding the same handful of events over and over and over and over just to get a ship from the C-Store. That's far different then a parasite laying in your intestines just eating whatever floats by.

No it isn't because you are still not giving any value to Pwe/Cryptic.

So basically you admitting to a free meal at your hosts expense which makes my point ...the fact that you had to work harder for it is completely irrelevant.

And yes, unless i know you personally, you are a nobody. Some faceless avatar on a gaming forum who might be 12 or might be 90; who might be male, female, or hermaphrodite; who might be clinically insane or a Nobel Laureate. There's absolutely no reason I should give a stranger's comments any creedence at all.

generally speaking i agree and disagree with your base concept . I believe it is on a comment to comment basis

The fact actually took time out of your day to make that particular comment and also felt the need to use the term in what i perceived as a derogatory way there is alo another reason why you are dismissing this particular comment ....Truth Hurts.
This discussion has been closed.