test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

romulan dreadnought pack close to being ready? [It's out! Please use feedback thread]

Comments

• revan999revan999 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    With all the "I want it now!" whining about the ship, I hope it doesn't come out for a few more years. :rolleyes:

Jokes aside , it's likely to be out soon , the rom drone ships already show up in the ds9 ship equipment store on the normal server.

Edit , here you go. http://i.imgur.com/cf9FSuA.jpg
  • highcasualtyratehighcasualtyrate Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not terribly impressed with the Romulan Drone carrier pets, I just hope the Yellowstone Runabouts work with these Scimitars.....if not, I will not be a happy camper.....
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    revan999 wrote: »
    Jokes aside , it's likely to be out soon , the rom drone ships already show up in the ds9 ship equipment store on the normal server.

Those look quite good for a blue level hangar, I can't wait to see what the purple or the fleet versions look like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Wow, if that's true it must be a mistake. If the devs take notice they'll most likely take them off of Holodeck asap.

They literally just started player testing on Tribble a few days ago (if we are to make a small leap of faith in conjecture to assume that the Scimitar was one of the "ships" needing testing) and as such; unless they got overwhelming positive reviews, the Scimitar will not be coming out any time soon.

PLEASE! I hope I'm wrong... Prove me wrong Cryptic, announce the Scimitar today and sell it on the morrow. TAKE MAH MONEY!
  • vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    With all the "I want it now!" whining about the ship, I hope it doesn't come out for a few more years. :rolleyes:

If they won't take my Money soon im gonna Go Crazzzzy D:?!?! Also Rommies have no Carrier :(. Hence my desire to have one. Like how bad feds raged when Klinks were the only ones with carriers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    vegie0 wrote: »
    If they won't take my Money soon im gonna Go Crazzzzy D:?!?! Also Rommies have no Carrier :(. Hence my desire to have one. Like how bad feds raged when Klinks were the only ones with carriers.

I cannot survive without playing a carrier, it's by far my favorite class :D
    edited June 2013
    Yup, confirmed. This week the summer event comes out on Thursday... So yet another week wasted and another week we have to wait for the Scimitar...

If I wasn't a lifer, I would've cancelled my subscription until the Scimitar comes out, this is getting ridiculous.

They have 6 days to make good on their "later in June" promise, 4 days technically because they don't work on the weekends.

I'd put money down that they just try to forget they said anything about the Scimitar and pretend we didn't notice.
    edited June 2013
    Yup, confirmed. This week the summer event comes out on Thursday... So yet another week wasted and another week we have to wait for the Scimitar...

If I wasn't a lifer, I would've cancelled my subscription until the Scimitar comes out, this is getting ridiculous.

They have 6 days to make good on their "later in June" promise, 4 days technically because they don't work on the weekends.

I'd put money down that they just try to forget they said anything about the Scimitar and pretend we didn't notice.

You are correct. I saw it too. Now this if anything shows us that Cryptic is getting so consistent with dissapointing us that we can litterally predict what they will do. Now my theory is that they will post some random lame comment of quote on Friday as the Screen Shot alluding to the Scimitar or the Star Trek Nemisis movie and we will not get the Scimitar until the Summer event ends. It is a Cheap ploy to force us to play the game more regularly thus increasing Server Traffic to make them look good. This is unacceptable, if they continue to break thier promises in such a manner they will begin to chase off the purchasing consumers such as you and me. Then the game, which I very much enjoy, will die a slow and painful death.

For me to be proven right, they need only post some Screen Shot of the Scimitar on Friday... Then Cryptic has indeed sailed the ship on my Loyalty. :mad:

For the love of god Cryptic, honor your word. If I did this at my work, I would be fired sooooo fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited June 2013

They're going to do info on prizes tomorrow, now I know Cryptic isn't exactly the most faith worthy developer but there will be two to three days left after.

When they get started on their dev blogs there is usually a bunch in a short succession, so odds are even if they go on about the event to Thursday that still leaves Friday.

It isn't over till its over and in case you lost count as days go in and out we still have 4 and a half days...
    edited June 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    They're going to do info on prizes tomorrow, now I know Cryptic isn't exactly the most faith worthy developer but there will be two to three days left after.

When they get started on their dev blogs there is usually a bunch in a short succession, so odds are even if they go on about the event to Thursday that still leaves Friday.

Yeah but I've never seen them advertise a ship on a friday or even a thursday... Normally ship info is put forth early in the week and then potentially released that thursday with the update or the following monday/tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they surprise me, I hop they break their sadly predictable rut. However, it is a dim hope... Just as it's a dim hope of seeing the Scimitar for another few weeks, possibly even another month.

They opened pandora's box by running their mouths about a ship we all want, even before it's apparently remotely ready.
    edited June 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed, because impatience is a way of life on MMO's.

Is sure is when a developer says one thing without actually knowing if it's true. I would've been fine with the knowledge that they were working on it and it may be ready within a month or two. Instead I was tantalized by Dstahl saying that there'd be "info" about the Scimitar later in June (this was May when he said it).

Let's just think for a moment what he could've meant by "info". The first second and third things that come to mind are devblogs about either stats, backstory or development. Further down the list are rare and infrequent announcements on "ask cryptic" where Dstahl gets to harp about stuff without actually saying much.

So armed with this knowledge, many of us took a leap of faith and assumed that he meant SOME sort of devblog about the Scimitar which would herald the upcoming release (or so we hoped). Instead, it's becoming more and more obvious by the day that he was just talking to appease and the Scimitar is not even close to being ready. THAT is what has upset us so much, THAT is why we are whining and crying and tantruming on the forums. DON'T promise us something that you've got no clue about.

I'll gladly eat my words and take a licking if it does come out this week or the next, however from what we've seen the past few weeks, the devs are more focused on some damn stupid summer event than getting promised content out. Am I being selfish, yeah kinda. But had they just kept their mouthes shut when asked on "ask cryptic", none of this would be happening.
  • gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    worth waiting for..... the anticipation should whet the appetite, not drive ya bonkers with raging lol.
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Is sure is when a developer says one thing without actually knowing if it's true. I would've been fine with the knowledge that they were working on it and it may be ready within a month or two. Instead I was tantalized by Dstahl saying that there'd be "info" about the Scimitar later in June (this was May when he said it).

Let's just think for a moment what he could've meant by "info". The first second and third things that come to mind are devblogs about either stats, backstory or development. Further down the list are rare and infrequent announcements on "ask cryptic" where Dstahl gets to harp about stuff without actually saying much.

So armed with this knowledge, many of us took a leap of faith and assumed that he meant SOME sort of devblog about the Scimitar which would herald the upcoming release (or so we hoped). Instead, it's becoming more and more obvious by the day that he was just talking to appease and the Scimitar is not even close to being ready. THAT is what has upset us so much, THAT is why we are whining and crying and tantruming on the forums. DON'T promise us something that you've got no clue about.

I'll gladly eat my words and take a licking if it does come out this week or the next, however from what we've seen the past few weeks, the devs are more focused on some damn stupid summer event than getting promised content out. Am I being selfish, yeah kinda. But had they just kept their mouthes shut when asked on "ask cryptic", none of this would be happening.

This is another in a long line of things that we are told to "Stand By" for. They make us a promise and then break that promise, and to make it up to us they promise yet another thing.

This is unacceptable, I would file a complaint with them, but they would probably just promise to fix it. Like every other thing they promise us, they use it as a tool to keep us playing. Well they seem to think that this is acceptable. It is not. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is there so much spite towards the devs in this. All I remembered was they promised information later this month not that it would be done. Also it would be hardly the first time they have encountered a bug with a particular ship that stalled development. I'm frustrated that its not here already as well, but I have no reason to get mad or upset at the developers for a lack of knowledge about whats going on.

Another thing is while the scimitar might be important to us, the risa event is something every player can enjoy, its also a event that will bring more people playing the game then just the release of the scimitar. Unfortunately risa event > scimitar in development focus, becuase of these reasons.

But with that said I doubt that they had all team member focus on that event to let the scimitar sit there. From the tweets al rivera or captiangeko , and jamjamz, they have been hard at work tweaking and polishing the ship, as well as probably testing.
    edited June 2013
    gojored wrote: »
    worth waiting for..... the anticipation should whet the appetite, not drive ya bonkers with raging lol.

No, this kind of toying with consumers of a product is not acceptable by any standards. This is the kind of thing that has had me checking out Eve online more and more. While I do not wish to play a game I must pay by the month for. I think with the amount I have invested into Star Trek Online, I could easily afford 2-3 years of Eve Online. The sad thing is that Customer Service is more or less based on satisfying your customers. Well, making promises to keep us playing is OK, but never fulfilling those promises is not. This is what we have come to accept, the members of the PvP community in perticular. Cryptic has just started to develop a bad taste in my mouth as they continue to make promises and then refuse to even give us any idea as to why they broke the promise.

Please understand, yes I am impatient. But this does not excuse what Cryptic is doing, which is down right Lying to its Consumer Base. Much like if I sold you a car, and then the Engine blew up. I promise to fix it, as long as you pay. Then after the time I told you the Fix would require has passed. I finaly without any information in the time that has passed show you a picture of a working car. Then I go on to explain that I have fixed one part of the engine, and have plans to fix the rest. While once again blowing past the time I had told you.

This does not wet an appetite, it if anything angers the Customer. Making them not wish to either purchase from you again, or wait for something that quickly becomes a "Pipe Dream".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Why is there so much spite towards the devs in this. All I remembered was they promised information later this month not that it would be done. Also it would be hardly the first time they have encountered a bug with a particular ship that stalled development. I'm frustrated that its not here already as well, but I have no reason to get mad or upset at the developers for a lack of knowledge about whats going on.

Another thing is while the scimitar might be important to us, the risa event is something every player can enjoy, its also a event that will bring more people playing the game then just the release of the scimitar. Unfortunately risa event > scimitar in development focus, becuase of these reasons.

But with that said I doubt that they had all team member focus on that event to let the scimitar sit there. From the tweets al rivera or captiangeko , and jamjamz, they have been hard at work tweaking and polishing the ship, as well as probably testing.

Where is the promised information? This is the issue here. It is a growing trend that Cryptic refuses to break. The Developers have shown us a lack of interest in our desires. Which is kinda sad seing as we are the ones paying their bills. Without a "Broad" Consumer Base, the game would quickly die under the Free to Play Buisness Model. However vailed threats are not the main point of my arguement. The main point is, that they have told us one thing, and will do another. This is bad buisness, and any buisness I have encountered in the past that does this very thing usualy dies. Sad to say, but the game I enjoy to play so much has a history of very poor customer interaction. This is a "Closed Door" game in which the players (us) have very little interaction with the people that intend to sell us a product.

As a reference to why this is a bad idea, the D'Deridex during the Close Beta had a very different design then what it does now. When they listed to the outrage that the testing players had and quickly adressed the issue, I then made plans to purchase a Legacy Pack. This made me confident that the ship would be tweaked to make ME happy. Now the Scimitar will be tested in secret for some reason. Which means I will probably not like it, as being a PvPer the ships that are effective in PvE are often very ineffective in PvP. The opposite is not true however, PvP effective ships can often roll through PvE without any difficulty at all.

To sum up here, the Developers have left us in the Dark with another "Wait and we will fix it" promise. This is what makes me start to regret my time here. Something I do not throw around lightly. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, this kind of toying with consumers of a product is not acceptable by any standards. This is the kind of thing that has had me checking out Eve online more and more. While I do not wish to play a game I must pay by the month for. I think with the amount I have invested into Star Trek Online, I could easily afford 2-3 years of Eve Online. The sad thing is that Customer Service is more or less based on satisfying your customers. Well, making promises to keep us playing is OK, but never fulfilling those promises is not. This is what we have come to accept, the members of the PvP community in perticular. Cryptic has just started to develop a bad taste in my mouth as they continue to make promises and then refuse to even give us any idea as to why they broke the promise.

Please understand, yes I am impatient. But this does not excuse what Cryptic is doing, which is down right Lying to its Consumer Base. Much like if I sold you a car, and then the Engine blew up. I promise to fix it, as long as you pay. Then after the time I told you the Fix would require has passed. I finaly without any information in the time that has passed show you a picture of a working car. Then I go on to explain that I have fixed one part of the engine, and have plans to fix the rest. While once again blowing past the time I had told you.

This does not wet an appetite, it if anything angers the Customer. Making them not wish to either purchase from you again, or wait for something that quickly becomes a "Pipe Dream".

Eve is an AMAZING game for the thinker and planner and some of the most thrilling PvP in any game I've ever played. Definitely give it a shot! A new free expansion just came out too.
    Anyways, I'm with you all about the disappointment. I've been sitting on some adapted ships that I want to open, but am waiting until I see what the Scimitar will be like. I pretty much have lost any urge to play and now I see the summer event coming and it's going to be another daily grind I don't want to do while I wait.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Geee, what should Cryptic bother focusing on this week? :rolleyes:

Should they focus on something that EVERYONE in the game can enjoy?

OR

Focus on something that only L50 Romulan/Reman players will enjoy for 5seconds before they start complaining about any and every little thing they can come up with like it's too big, or it's too slow, or it's too weak, or it's OP, or it costs too much, or I can't afford it or, etc etc etc.

I'd rather they miss a deadline and deliver a working ship than to deliver something on time that's a disaster requiring emergency downtime.
    edited June 2013
    pyryck wrote: »

OR

Focus on something that only L50 Romulan/Reman players will enjoy for 5seconds before they start complaining about any and every little thing they can come up with like it's too big, or it's too slow, or it's too weak, or it's OP, or it costs too much, or I can't afford it or, etc etc etc.

I'd rather they miss a deadline and deliver a working ship than to deliver something on time that's a disaster requiring emergency downtime.

Would you rather be kept in the dark the whole time too? Perhaps have them cram some barely tested ship which only a select few get to have their opinions made on? Simply put this is the state of affairs Cryptic has put into effect.

By refusing our input, they require us to have it tweaked when it hits the Holodeck anyway. So what is the point? Downtime is assured when proper testing by large groups is not done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thegreatdragon1thegreatdragon1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Scimitars.... Knew they would be added by wallet warriors Begging for it... good to have but.... why beg...
    ~TheGreatDragon
    edited June 2013
    Where is the promised information? This is the issue here. It is a growing trend that Cryptic refuses to break. The Developers have shown us a lack of interest in our desires. Which is kinda sad seing as we are the ones paying their bills. Without a "Broad" Consumer Base, the game would quickly die under the Free to Play Buisness Model. However vailed threats are not the main point of my arguement. The main point is, that they have told us one thing, and will do another. This is bad buisness, and any buisness I have encountered in the past that does this very thing usualy dies. Sad to say, but the game I enjoy to play so much has a history of very poor customer interaction. This is a "Closed Door" game in which the players (us) have very little interaction with the people that intend to sell us a product.

As a reference to why this is a bad idea, the D'Deridex during the Close Beta had a very different design then what it does now. When they listed to the outrage that the testing players had and quickly adressed the issue, I then made plans to purchase a Legacy Pack. This made me confident that the ship would be tweaked to make ME happy. Now the Scimitar will be tested in secret for some reason. Which means I will probably not like it, as being a PvPer the ships that are effective in PvE are often very ineffective in PvP. The opposite is not true however, PvP effective ships can often roll through PvE without any difficulty at all.

To sum up here, the Developers have left us in the Dark with another "Wait and we will fix it" promise. This is what makes me start to regret my time here. Something I do not throw around lightly. :mad:

You are making way to many assumptions They may very well release some information this week. They still have 7 days, it may not be a article on there main site they may release it in a interview who knows. I have seen more interaction in sto community then I have in many games included many successful one hmmm World of ******** comes to mind, or the old everquest which was successful back in the day.

While i agree they should interact more with their consumer base if they interact to much and say things that get mistranslated as promises, then it becomes a reason for people to over react and assume they had been lied to. When in fact they just making to many broad assumptions that becuase they said they might do this that its going to happen.

Here again your assuming things why don't you send Brendon our community manager a tweet or email, and discuss your concerns about this matter with out taking things too personally or making assumptions, he might be able to put the you and their communities concerns at ease or apologize for for misinformation. No dev, no company, no business, no person, Is ever perfect they will make mistakes often times the same one. But if there mistakes are so grievous you feel they have wronged you. You should either move on to business you believe treats its customers better or talk to the right people to get your concerns answered and put to rest.
    edited June 2013
    Scimitars.... Knew they would be added by wallet warriors Begging for it... good to have but.... why beg...

If there is a ship you want, you are more than likely going to ask for it. Just saying it is an issue when we are not delivered what they offered. Now if you do not like the Scimitar you an effect change by not purchasing it. However I wanted one, but I also wanted one that would be delivered when promised. As other games I am sure would love my buisness and would be more than happy to keep me in the loop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    You are making way to many assumptions They may very well release some information this week. They still have 7 days, it may not be a article on there main site they may release it in a interview who knows. I have seen more interaction in sto community then I have in many games included many successful one hmmm World of ******** comes to mind, or the old everquest which was successful back in the day.

While i agree they should interact more with their consumer base if they interact to much and say things that get mistranslated as promises, then it becomes a reason for people to over react and assume they had been lied to. When in fact they just making to many broad assumptions that becuase they said they might do this that its going to happen.

Here again your assuming things why don't you send Brendon our community manager a tweet or email, and discuss your concerns about this matter with out taking things too personally or making assumptions, he might be able to put the you and their communities concerns at ease or apologize for for misinformation. No dev, no company, no business, no person, Is ever perfect they will make mistakes often times the same one. But if there mistakes are so grievous you feel they have wronged you. You should either move on to business you believe treats its customers better or talk to the right people to get your concerns answered and put to rest.

I thought this was why I am addressing my concerns on the Forums. So the Developers have a chance to make it right before I have to leave a game I enjoy playing. Now if you do not like what I have to say, so be it. Do not pretend to defend them by taking up an arguement in which you main point is to attack my arguement for the sake of it does not bother you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I thought this was why I am addressing my concerns on the Forums. So the Developers have a chance to make it right before I have to leave a game I enjoy playing. Now if you do not like what I have to say, so be it. Do not pretend to defend them by taking up an arguement in which you main point is to attack my arguement for the sake of it does not bother you.

It is but unfortunately Brandon as well as the devs can't always get to all the posts. That's why I merely suggested another outlet that's more direct. I'm only defending them becuase I do think your making assumption that may or may not be true, but you seem to be stating them as they inevitable facts. Don't make a argument if you aren't prepared to get argued against.
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

OR

The main reason for adding the scimitar is to give the romulans a flagship like the Oddy or Bortasqu'. Everyone knows it will be mostly comparable to those two and people who enjoy those two are likely to enjoy the dreadnought pack. Its nothing we haven't seen before, its just in a different place.

"Good things come to those who wait"
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
    edited June 2013
    It is but unfortunately Brandon as well as the devs can't always get to all the posts. That's why I merely suggested another outlet that's more direct. I'm only defending them becuase I do think your making assumption that may or may not be true, but you seem to be stating them as they inevitable facts. Don't make a argument if you aren't prepared to get argued against.

Yeah once again, my arguement draws on facts that have been cited. If you refuse to read the entire amount of my arguement, then clearly you are not intending to debate the issue. So if your are so clearly up to defend them, why put them in undue stress. Also, I am afraid I do not use Twitter, nor do I have access to Branflakes Email address. Other ideas? Forums sounds like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revan999revan999 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I understand a minor debate but I would appreciate it if this was not turned into a flame or troll war over what they decided to do with a ship. This was merely to show what I found.

(Not saying this had turned into a flame war yet but that's what a lot of topics on the forums I see tend to turn into when the word "carrier" pops up.)

This is where I will quote myself from my own topic just to make sure it is seen again to avoid any problems.
    edited June 2013
    This is where I will quote myself from my own topic just to make sure it is seen again to avoid any problems.

Its the origional statement of your article that has this as a heated arguement. Simply put they did give the impression that the Scimitar is almost ready. Then they refuse to give any information and keep us in the dark. This is something Cryptic has done many times before. That is why it is also something that you have seen before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would you rather be kept in the dark the whole time too? Perhaps have them cram some barely tested ship which only a select few get to have their opinions made on? Simply put this is the state of affairs Cryptic has put into effect.

By refusing our input, they require us to have it tweaked when it hits the Holodeck anyway. So what is the point? Downtime is assured when proper testing by large groups is not done.

I don't mind Cryptic not sharing information for while. I know that they will release information when they are ready to.

My question for you is this: Why are you so seriously hurt and devastated by Cryptic not providing further details on their plans for the Scimitar? Will it be the end of life as we know it if you don't get details or information on the Scimitar by the end of June?

Will it cause the markets to crash taking the whole economy of the world down with it if Cryptic decides to take another week to release a ship that only a percentage of the Romulan fRaction players that have a character at L50 capable of using the new ships is actually going to wind up purchasing the new ship?

Or will the introduction of this new ship be such a devastatingly destructive force that once again brings about the complete fall of Rome, err PvP in STO?
    edited June 2013
    I don't mind Cryptic not sharing information for while. I know that they will release information when they are ready to.

My question for you is this: Why are you so seriously hurt and devastated by Cryptic not providing further details on their plans for the Scimitar? Will it be the end of life as we know it if you don't get details or information on the Scimitar by the end of June?

Will it cause the markets to crash taking the whole economy of the world down with it if Cryptic decides to take another week to release a ship that only a percentage of the Romulan fRaction players that have a character at L50 capable of using the new ships is actually going to wind up purchasing the new ship?

Or will the introduction of this new ship be such a devastatingly destructive force that once again brings about the complete fall of Rome, err PvP in STO?

Ok, I may be allergic to fish, but I know bait when I see it. So let me squash this I am holy then thou, and trolling attempt. Firstly I am not answering questions to which if you simply read my other posts you would have the answers to. Second, your overreaction to the posts shows your intent is anything but an attempt to clarify. You sir are Trolling.

1/10 Try Again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.