test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

March Beneath the Raptor's Wings.

ncodb01ncodb01 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

I'm sure you all can figure out what this means. ;)
Post edited by ncodb01 on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    another romulan FES?
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have been waiting to fly a romulan BOP since launch..... BOOYA
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Playable Romulan faction in Season 8? :P
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OOOOOH, it just got interesting :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ooooh I hope its playable Romulans!

The Klingon, Romulan and Cardassians have always been my favourite, and fourth place the Dominion. :)

The day all these are playable! Just wow!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So we know what season 8 will be called now :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So Season 8 is going to include more Klingon stuff, as well as, a new Faction?

hmmmm....
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They did say this was going to be bigger than any season in the past...
    Cehus.png
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Romulan ships in Grab Bags?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I, too, am going to guess Romulan Faction. No other lockbox ship has had such a "Cryptic" puzzle/reveal as this. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I doubt that the Romulans will become a playable faction so soon--the devs did imply that such a thing wasn't going to happen before Season 9 goes live at the earliest. However, a large expansion to the New Romulus story may be likely--perhaps we need to fight off an attempt by Sela's remaining supporters to conquer the planet or such.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just a teaser for Season 8 and/or the next FE series. Don't get your hopes up for a new faction. :P
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if ........ after all the waiting.......i could finally pew as part of a romulan faction.... i know not what i would do.....but it will be a sight to be seen
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love this kind of sneak peaks
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • martokusmartokus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "March Beneath the Raptor's Wings" to me implies that it is OUR chance to owe allegiance to the 'raptor's wings', i.e., the symbol of the Romulan Star Empire. It's like saying "March beneath Old Glory." I think that phrase would have a pretty clear meaning.

To me it seems to be a clear hint at a Romulan faction, and if that's NOT what it is, then shame on Cryptic for breaking my poor little heart. :(
  • velzandarvelzandar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ROMULANS! so much yes.

I've been wanting to fly a D'deridex since release. I really hope this is a full fledged faction coming out in May.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well its either alot of Romulan content being added or its the Romulan faction.

I hope its both as well as klingon 1-20.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    4 or 5 new romulan-themed missions that we'll have to unlock by grinding something for two months?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope its both as well as klingon 1-20.

You and me both.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could just be this guys Foundry mission made into an FE - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279221

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Romulans 21-50 and Klingons 1-20...

They certainly have enough people at this point, according to Dsthal, to have probably pulled it off.

Time will tell...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • shadowjwcshadowjwc Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    martokus wrote: »
    To me it seems to be a clear hint at a Romulan faction, and if that's NOT what it is, then shame on Cryptic for breaking my poor little heart. :(

I totally agree. Please Cryptic don't toy with my emotions :(
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    All I can say it's where is my D'deridex....better than any of those FED saucer like ships :D
    DUwNP.gif

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sharpen your daggers boys, either way someone is getting stabbed in the back.:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It better be a romulan faction after all this but just try to keep your expectations in check, just in case its something else.

on a personal level, if they do add it, i can start making romulan foundry missions. :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Even though I seriously doubt it is a faction and is just a FE series, I wish it would be the rommies. Would mean I need another 4 char slots though to get the most out of it.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You know, they could wrap the finishing Klingon levels in with a Romulan faction quite well. If some Romulan stories involve conflict with the Klingons, the Klingons themselves could get versions of these missions. This would allow for sharing maps and new resources, but would allow the KDF to get Klingon-flavor missions that the Feds wouldn't have access to.

I can especially see this happening if the Romulan story starts at the same time as the Fed and KDF ones did. Basically, you start out as a military officer on Rator III, but as you go through missions you begin to see the scheming of the Tal'Shiar, the instability of the government, and other cracks in the current Romulan way of life. Key transitions in the leveling could be used to showcase major Romulan plotlines we learned in the Fed campaign, such as learning of Taris' betrayal or Sela's disappearance. By the time you're max level, you can choose to help your people expand on Mol'Rihan, or maybe even be more nefarious by aiding the Tal'Shiar.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's a faaaaaake

Someone had to say it. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Beneath the Raptors Wings was a book I read a couple of years ago. It was about the war between the UFP and the Rommy Star empire.
    Maybe we are looking at the end of peace between the Federation and the Rommies after they coup their current leader.

neoakiraii wrote: »
    Sharpen your daggers boys, either way someone is getting stabbed in the back.:D

Truer words, or funnier for that matter, have never been spoken...
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm really trying to not get my hopes up.

But if this does mean a Romulan faction and more KDF missions...

Well, I'm gonna need more character slots.

And again, if we get a Romulan faction, I want a Spectre Class ship. But I'll settle for a D'deridex.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
This discussion has been closed.