test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

March Beneath the Raptor's Wings.

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, well, my gut says that's because they staffed up around the time the dry spell started and didn't have the spare manpower for C-Store assets. Whatever hits in May has probably taken an expanded team (double the size of the launch team) over a year to assemble. Granted, I'm sure a ton was spent on training but I wouldn't rule out a full faction in that time. And I think that probably left the C-Store a bit dry.

But that probably means what's coming will be paid.

I wouldn't rule out it being a paid $50-60 expansion, which ZEN can't be used for.

Well ... kind of hard to believe ... they "secretly" worked on a new faction for an entire year, while telling us "Rommies not gonna happen before complete KDF" all the time ... wouldn't make any sense ...

Besides it's not exactly a dry spell looking at the Lobi Store
    [Holiday Collectible Bundle] 5
    [Q's Appreciation Package] 5
    [Miser's Delight] 1
    [Golden Knowledge] 30
    [Special Requisition Pack - Tholian Recluse Carrier] 800
    [Special Requisition Pack - Temporal Destroyer] 800
    [Special Requisition Pack - Tholian Widow Fighter Ship] 300
    [Special Requisition Pack - Ferengi Shuttle] 300
    [Special Requisition Pack - Timeship Shuttle] 300
    [Photonic Tactical Officer Candidate] 300
    [Outfit Box - Korath Uniform Pack] 200
    [Outfit Box - Wells Uniform Pack] 200
    [Outfit Box - Tholian Silk Robe] 200
    [Console - Tachyokinetic Converter ] 200
    [Chroniton Dual Beam Array ] 200
    [Temporal Disruption Device ] 200
    [Rapid Fire Missile Launcher] 200
    [Concentrated Tachyon Mine Launcher] 200
    [Console - Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console] 200
    [Outfit Box - Ferengi Entrepreneur's Open Jacket for Females] 200
    [Tholian Ground Set - Crystalline Nanofiber Augmentations] 150
    [Outfit Box - Ferengi Entrepreneur's Jacket] 150
    [Outfit Box - Ferengi Merchant's Open Jacket for Females] 150
    [Outfit Box - Tholian Silk Scarf] 100
    [Outfit Box - Ferengi Merchant's Jacket] 100
    [Outfit Box - Ferengi Entrepreneur's Skirt] 100
    [Outfit Box - Warrior?s Skirt] 100
    [Outfit Box - Warrior?s Decorated Skirt] 100
    [Outfit Box - Ferengi Merchant's Skirt] 100
    [Special Device Pack - Gambling Device] 50
    [Relativity Self Targeting Rifle] 50
    [Relativity Stasis Pistol] 50
    [Tholian Crystalline Sword] 50
    [Ferengi Energy Whip] 50
    [Ground Non-Combat Pet Pack - Holographic Drone Pet] 30
    [Ground Non-Combat Pet Pack - Alfa 117 Canine Companion] 30
    [Ground Non-Combat Pet Pack - Arachnid Companion] 30
    [Ground Non-Combat Pet Pack - Jackal Mastiff Puppy] 30
    [Ground Non-Combat Pet Pack - Horta Hatchling] 30
    [Outfit Box - Dangling Earrings] 30
    [Outfit Box - Intertwined Earrings] 30
    [Outfit Box - Backed Earrings] 30
    [Outfit Box - Temporal Jumpsuit] 30
    [Ground Non-Combat Pet - Sehlat Cat Cub] 30
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - Tholian Widow Fighter] 30
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - Peregrine Fighter] 20
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - Danube Runabout] 20
    [Special Requisition Pack - Mirror Universe Delta Flyer Pet] 30
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - Timeship Shuttle] 20
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - Captain's Yacht Pet] 20
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - To'Duj Fighter Pet] 20
    [Space Non-Combat Pet - Ferengi Na'Far Shuttle] 20
    [Nanocrystal Cell - Acoustic Amplification Circuit] 5
    [Chroniton Grenade] 5
    [Radiation Resistance Hypo] 5
    [Tholian Radiation Crystal] 5
    [Tholian Web Grenade] 5
    [Team Battery - Auxiliary and Shield] 2
    [Team Battery - Engines and Auxiliary] 2
    [Team Battery - Shields and Engines] 2
    [Team Battery - Weapons and Auxiliary] 2
    [Team Combat Module - Health and Weapons Booster] 2
    [Team Combat Module - Shields and Weapons Booster] 2
    [Team Combat Module - Health and Shields Booster] 2
    [Team Combat Module - Damage Resistance Booster] 2
    [Battery - Auxiliary and Shields] 1
    [Battery - Engines and Auxiliary] 1
    [Battery - Shields and Engines] 1
    [Battery - Weapons and Auxiliary] 1
    [Personal Combat Module - Health and Weapons Booster] 1
    [Personal Combat Module - Shields and Weapons Booster] 1
    [Personal Combat Module - Health and Shields Booster] 1
    [Personal Combat Module - Damage Resistance Booster]

Dry Spell started when the had to work on 2 Stores ... Lobi & Z .. do the math ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I find a paid expansion to be highly unlikely, personally. Or at the very least it won'r run more than $30, since even if they've been working on it since mid-last year, it's unlikely they'll have enough content ready by may to charge full game price for it.

New Romulus and Into the Hive, along with the other new content introductions, had to have taken a fair bit of manpower themselves, after all. Those could not have been inconsiderable works and would have taken environment guys a fair while to do. Systems was probably well in its construction as well. I have no doubt they can cover a lot of ground (literally and figuratively) between now and May, but I just can't see them churning out enough content to warrant that high a price.

Incidentally, this would leave the ship team relatively open. Other than the Tholian stuff, some Romulan touch-ups, and the occasional ship somewhere else, they've been rather quiet. I'd bet money they've been working on Romulan ships for players in between other ship releases, perhaps including touching up the Romulan shuttle and Zdenia-type Mogai models for player use. Costume guys have been especially silent, so I also expect faction outfits to be well underway even now, up to and including Reman and Hirogen outfits (though that could just be me being optimistic).

tl;dr I figure the ship and costume content will be relatively robust for the cost, but mission content will be only acceptable at best. All for around $20-$30. If this is a faction to start with.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, well, my gut says that's because they staffed up around the time the dry spell started and didn't have the spare manpower for C-Store assets. Whatever hits in May has probably taken an expanded team (double the size of the launch team) over a year to assemble. Granted, I'm sure a ton was spent on training but I wouldn't rule out a full faction in that time. And I think that probably left the C-Store a bit dry.

But that probably means what's coming will be paid.

I wouldn't rule out it being a paid $50-60 expansion, which ZEN can't be used for.

LOL. If this happens i'm out for good. There's no way I buy a paid expansion at such a price for some kind of season update. It's an update. If I was told I'd be charged 50 euros/dollars for New Romulus this would one of the best rip off ever. And Stahl told us content would remain free anyway.

I'm pretty sure a couple of reputations, a new fleet holding, 5-6 new fleet ships, probably some alien ships like a vulcan cruiser, and a couple of lockboxes will be enough. It's been enough to keep the game healthy until now, so why would they charge even more? That would be risky, considering what we were told, what has been promised, and what we, players, expect. I don't mind a small fee for a featured series, or a reasonable one for a faction, but for an update, ie something to keep us playing the game, such as new missions to farm? No way. ;)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • portgazdportgazd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just supposing that a romulan faction will come out: Who is willing to create a romulan fleet and build another starbase? :P
    Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
  • shadowjwcshadowjwc Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    portgazd wrote: »
    Just supposing that a romulan faction will come out: Who is willing to create a romulan fleet and build another starbase? :P

That would be me
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I am part of a Romulan fleet that has been around since pre-beta, and we are more than ready to start up another base even if progression may be slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Jolan'tru! :P
  • theofficialmip#7339 theofficialmip Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope it's the long awaited Romulan faction. Please let it be!
    One of the 0.7%ers Markus Urelious 16000+ Accolades [Fed Tac FA] + Several More
    Forum Member Since Feb 2010
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    I love all of the speculation and conjecture! Keep it up! :P
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

if a CST member comments then it usually means a 50/50 chance of a rick roll.
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013

dis bad boi right hurr
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This Friday's screenshot says 'Will you march?' ...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/media/screenshots

This is either really the Romulan faction or they just enjoy trolling us.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Honestly, if there's NO Romulan Faction coming in may, you should better let the comunity know about that before too many people quit STO due to disappointness.

There's nothing worse than a disappointed community + the time would be great for some reveals on your birthday party ;)
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You better equip some 'Brace for impact' DOffs before may. You will probably need them if this is not a Romulan faction.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »
    You better equip some 'Brace for impact' DOffs before may. You will probably need them if this is not a Romulan faction.

They'll need it if it is a Rommie faction. Given the scattershot, and frankly extremely disappointing, manner in which the KDF is being handled why oh why does anyone think that a new Romulan side would end up in a better state?
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They'll need it if it is a Rommie faction. Given the scattershot, and frankly extremely disappointing, manner in which the KDF is being handled why oh why does anyone think that a new Romulan side would end up in a better state?

The way I see it: even if the Rommies are handled exactly like the KDF, atleast I can be happier playing the faction I wanted rather than hanging around as one of the few grouchy seducing male orions.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You mean it isn't the addition of the hawk-breedables metagame on New Romulus? And here I was hoping to train my bird to nab Eppoh!

Oh well....guess I'll head back to grinding for the Z-Store Doomsday Machine......
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I think Cryptic is taking a page from the book of J J Abrams, and is trolling us.... ;)

Either way, i'm excited to see exactly what this could be.... :cool:
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's a faaaaaake

Someone had to say it. :D

Damn, beat me to it!

I'll see your It's a faaaaaake, and raise you Vreenaks Big Fakeout!

Not enough? how about It's a FAAAKE!! no... ITS REAAAL!!!!!
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • arcadis15arcadis15 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OH MY WORD!!!!!!! A PLAYABLE ROMULAN FACTION!!!!! (I hope this is what this means)
    I am so looking forward to May. Romulans are HERE!

THANK YOU CRYPTIC TO LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS!
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Squeeee:D

At the least its more Romulan content at best, Romulan faction.

Here's my best case scenario;
    • Finish the KDF Faction; KDF levels 1-22 completed, ~22 missions including a tutorial, not as advanced as FEs or "Alpha", but on par with Fed missions 1-22.
    • KDF 1-22 are KDF vs Romulan/Reman missions
    • Romulan/Reman Faction; Won't be levels 1-50, more like 1-10/20. The Tutorial will be a reskin of the KDF one, and the missions will primarily be infighting between Romulan/Remans, and the KDF missions 1-22 told from the Romulan/Reman perspective.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    My Theory:
    The Tal Shiar takes over the Federation and KDF. The war ends, and its now Tal Shiar (with enslaved Federation and KDF forces) vs D'Tan and the Remans.

I, for one, welcome our new Iconian-serving overlords!
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's been stated many times that devs told us there would be NO Romulan faction for season 8. Check it out in previous posts. There are quotes of former ask cryptic stating that.

You, sir, are a TRIBBLE. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's been stated many times that devs told us there would be NO Romulan faction for season 8. Check it out in previous posts. There are quotes of former ask cryptic stating that.

I dont remember a specific quote that ruled them out, however quite frankly even if there was, things change.

they did not originally plan to add starbases for season 6, just some fleet progression until they sat down and just decided to add them. if there is one thing i have learnt is that nothing is set in stone until its live.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If it's not a Romulan faction, that's just terrible.

If it's Romulan "faction" played 1-20 then joining Fed or KDF, also terrible.

If it's a faction that starts at 21, but is unlocked after playing to 50 on a Klingon, that's good.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic keeps trolling us with Fridays screenshot, and the whole

"Will you march"

and to that I say...yes yes I will very much I will....tell me who to march over and he will be crushed.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. More KDF stuff, possibly finishing the KDF faction or at least getting it to where we KDF types are willing to cease asking for D. Stahls head on a Bat'leth.

2. A New FE's "Under the Raptors WIngs" based around the return of Sela and a resurgent Romulan Empire (last seen in having her Scimitar under tow and fleeing a loosing battle against Reman shismatics under Obisek.)

3. A new Rep system built around doing UGC/Foundry content. Possibly factional/racial rep for the various races of the main factions (was hinted at in an inerview)

Right item one is a definate possiblity and item 2 is a for sure thing. Item 3 is a possible. Time will tell. I know there are many that want to see the introduction of the RSE faction, but I must remind that Daniel Stahl has said flat out with no ambiguity that there will be no more factions untill the KDF is done. Done being the ability to start play with a new toon as KDF (without having to "unlock" KDF play) at level 1 with an intro mission/scenario, and going from there with specific story content all the way to the level cap at the same rate of progression as the Fed players ((current KDF progression from lvl 20-50 is done with less missions the the Fed players have.. said less missions awarding high XP)) Ideally this should be doaqble without resorting to stuffing FE's in the mix. FE's should be the story of the current timeline/original universe from 2409 forward, and NOT used as mission filler to get someone to the level cap. Don't know about ya'll but that really kinda bothers me! Fed player have the mission and system patrol content to level to the cap without FE's.. KDF needs to have the same.

Khemaraa Sends.

Edited and Appended P.S. The reason to develop the KDF is to open up future pVp content per PWI's preffered emphisis on PvP, and I really don't want to see the RSE tossed in as another crippled half faction, and a couple years down the road any Gamma or Delta quadrant faction added going through the same mess. We've allready been through this with the KDF.. repeating it looks.... sloppy, and unproffessional.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I truly hope it is a playable Romulan faction (mini or otherwise).

Frankly, I don't see the huge problem with the all the KDF nonsense. I have three max-level KDF toons that I suspect I play far more often than their FED counterparts. I really can discern little difference in the end-game content, and there was ample content to get them to this point.

If a future Romulan faction was anywhere near as developed as the KDF was even 2-years ago, I'd still be elated. I can also guarantee that I won't be on the boards lamenting what I didn't get, but rather I'll be in-game enjoying that which I did.

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • mariothebrosmariothebros Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ncodb01 wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

I'm sure you all can figure out what this means. ;)

I cannot read it :P

But it would certainly make STO move alive with new playable faction coming up. Cannot wait to see it getting implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am predicting a 75% completed RSE faction with side missions for the KDF and UFP.
This discussion has been closed.