What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

March Beneath the Raptor's Wings.

14567810»

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    I think that it means in 17 days - at the time of posting this - Cryptic will announce plans to add the Romulan faction to STO and that they have yet to plan a release date for them... :D

either that or they are just too happy to welcome SPRING :D
    DUwNP.gif

• jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well I think the following is going to happen:

1. Romulan faction is a failure to launch and if even there was I would never be a Romulan I still like the Good ol Boys in the Federation. I like my Mirror Sovvie too much.

2. Sela is coming back with a vengeance like Kill Bill/Darth Vader vs the Iconians using the remnant loyal Romulan military she had and going batcrap crazy on the Tal Shiar and our job is to stop her even you might have to save her mother Tasha to talk her down (FE)

3. The Iconian plot is expanded and set up for a future endgame season finale in the story since Neverwinter has just launched, Cryptic/PWE may wrap up quick...just a thought.

4. The DD, Moogi and Schimatar will be a Lockbox reward. Plus the Romulan Uniform and Reman skin options for the reward ships.

5.) The Romulan Star Empire will grow a spine and military to pre-Hobus levels and go full force trying to get their dissidents in line on New Romulus and the Reman Rebels. (PVE missions)

When the enemy comes I intend to show them what a Sovereign Battleship can really do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    They also have a tendency not to post a lot of details on any release until very near the actual release date. In the case of major updates like Seasons, this is usually the Tribble release.

I'h know. 'Tis a wee bit early iddn'it?

I've never seen Cryptic release something two months in advance on tribble.
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I would expect as much. Everyone is heads down churning out as much as they can for this update. The only downtime they have is when they're off work, and if recent reports are to be believed, virtually everyone is pulling six days a week now.

That's what I've been hearing too. They've been unusually quiet, so I'm curious as too all the kinds of things Cryptic is cooking up. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'h know. 'Tis a wee bit early iddn'it?

I've never seen Cryptic release something two months in advance on tribble.

That's what I've been hearing too. They've been unusually quiet, so I'm curious as too all the kinds of things Cryptic is cooking up. :D
    Well, several of the recent testing cylces have revealed a flaw in the approach of testing for 1-2 weeks. Namely, things that involve gaining levels, it takes time to find errors in them. The season 7 testing did result in a major rework of the way reputation worked so it's definately worth checking out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, several of the recent testing cylces have revealed a flaw in the approach of testing for 1-2 weeks. Namely, things that involve gaining levels, it takes time to find errors in them. The season 7 testing did result in a major rework of the way reputation worked so it's definately worth checking out.

Hmm. That is true... but putting in a countdown for something on Tribble? Really? I dun see it.
    edited March 2013
    Hmm. That is true... but putting in a countdown for something on Tribble? Really? I dun see it.
    Well, it might be that the timer is simply a countdown to the big reveal(with tribble testing to begin immediately after).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, it might be that the timer is simply a countdown to the big reveal.

This is what I'm betting. I doubt they are revealing a new faction, though.
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont tink new faction....yet.... Storyline is open to tie off where Sela and Iconians left off, but they Romulans WILL come as a playable faction, and I think the Borg will as well, and all the other major races... each have their own littl corner of the galaxy... Cryptic could make this game explode with the right storyline and content, but they are very succesful in their climactic waiting countdown clock...however I won't hold my breath... look at the 3 year anniversary... a whole YEAR to prep for it and it STILL got messed up, but I think that was more to do with PW...wrong place wrong time etc etc.

I don;t often praise them but the boys n girls at Cryptic have a lot to live up to... and the hype is mounting. Just PLEASE don;t be anticlimactic like S7 was and PLEASE dont bring out another grindfest...
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very Interesting

Good job I've got a extra character slot.....Just in case hehe
    edited March 2013
    I actually have several. I may have maxxed my char slots, I'm not sure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ncodb01 wrote: »
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

I'm sure you all can figure out what this means. ;)

I just hope that there's a BoP called JJ Adams which we can blow up repeatedly.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    questerius wrote: »

JJ Stuff doesn't need help blowing up ... like Romulus, Vulcan or half of Earh in the new movie :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    questerius wrote: »

Only if there is a IRW Hater the rest of us can blow up.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    http://gateway.startrekonline.com/tex/Choose_Faction_Romulan.wtex

Now that we know it's a new faction, we should start asking other questions.

Will this finally advance the timeline?

Will we have a full array of Romulan ships to obtain via IG methods, or will they be C-Store, like the KDF?

Will this include new stories and missions specifically for the Romulans the same way that Starfleet and the KDF have their own?

Will we see a three way war between the three political powers, or will the RSE be a neutral party and new race choice for both factions?
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    JJ Stuff doesn't need help blowing up ... like Romulus, Vulcan or half of Earh in the new movie :P

Actually it looks like only a building in London and a decent chunk of San Francisco are blowing up, not half the planet.
  • profhatprofhat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As of this post the page count stands at 29 for this thread.

If one takes the statements of dstal and cpt. geko at face value , that the next update/season ,what have you, is to big to call a "season" , then , logicaly , this update is to big to release all at once.

As such this update will be released peacemeal to prevent instablity in the arcitecture.

So in seven days [ count down timer at this point ] , we will discover what this is about.

Theories ;

1 , The release of a FE ,that is a lead up to the release of the Romulan Star Empire as a playable faction , staring Denice Crosby as Empress Sela.

2, The general release of the Romulan Star Empire as a playable faction. [this is the least likely posiblity]

3, The expiration of a NDA concerning the next update.

This will not advance the time line of the game in any way.
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    warpedcore wrote: »
    http://gateway.startrekonline.com/tex/Choose_Faction_Romulan.wtex

Now that we know it's a new faction, we should start asking other questions.
    We don't, actually. The image you linked to is indicative of an eventual Romulan faction, and the May Update has been indicated to have a Romulan connection, but we do not know if the Romulan faction will come in the May Update. For all we know, the May Update may set the stage for the faction, with the actual faction not coming until the fall update.
    edited March 2013
    profhat wrote: »
    As of this post the page count stands at 29 for this thread.

If one takes the statements of dstal and cpt. geko at face value , that the next update/season ,what have you, is to big to call a "season" , then , logicaly , this update is to big to release all at once.

As such this update will be released peacemeal to prevent instablity in the arcitecture.

So in seven days [ count down timer at this point ] , we will discover what this is about.

Theories ;

1 , The release of a FE ,that is a lead up to the release of the Romulan Star Empire as a playable faction , staring Denice Crosby as Empress Sela.

2, The general release of the Romulan Star Empire as a playable faction. [this is the least likely posiblity]

3, The expiration of a NDA concerning the next update.

This will not advance the time line of the game in any way.
    Good point. They have done that in the past.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • kirk3rocks4mekirk3rocks4me Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    awwww hell yeah!!! can't wait to see this.

---post above is kirk3rocks4me---

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. There are plenty of other threads on this topic if you'd like to discuss it further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.