test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• harmvanriskharmvanrisk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there even a point to logging in right now? there is clearly a massive issue. I'm at 21k, gonna be a long night
  • chr22chr22 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poopbang wrote: »
    Thats the point I'm trying to make:)

it's a very poor point if you're 2000 out of 20000+. Silver players would die to get that kind of luck that doesn't involve having to get on erratic times and avoid peak hours
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I keep seeing massive amounts of forum threads about people complaining that it is taking so long to get into the game since LOR launched.

To those people I kindly say SHUT UP AND THINK YOU NUMBSKULL!!

STO was in some pretty dire times, and it's still amazing through all the initial hardships that it even made it through development let alone launch and three years later. It survived through what would normally devastate most into wishful thinking oblivion.

Thanks to their determination, and us players sticking with the game an investing in its future by purchasing zen and items, the dev team has grown and they have been able to give us this great expansion.

Sure there's times we all get frustrated at some of the things Cryptic does, but in the end they have and are continuing to give us a really enjoyable game.

The login queue just proves we were right to invest in the potential we knew the game had and what the dev team could really do some amazing stuff if they had the right resources. So when I'm stuck at 25,042 of 25,454 eagerly waiting to get in the game, I take comfort in the fact that so many are trying to get in and how much brighter the future of the game is with all these new and returning players.

Now with all that said....Cryptic get some more Servers or I'm holding Bransflakes favorite spoon and Tacofang's tacos hostage until our more servers demands are met. (just kidding of course) :D

Remember to take a deep breath before re-planting those lips :P

I can't believe Cryptic was surprised at the "increased attention" AND they have done more to drive players away than players merely losing interest.

But, if you paid for a LTS, I guess your perspective changes ;)
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You... really aren't well-practiced at this; are ya, son?[/QUOTE]

no im not but im also angry so it cause me to type fast and my fingers tend to jump when that happens so spelling becomes an issue.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've rejoined the Queue Continuum. :D

11637/19787
  • djcentauri613djcentauri613 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one good thing I can say about Blizzard is that this would never happen.
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All y'all make it sound like all of us lifers are a bunch of whiners. Not true. Many of us are perturbed about the queue just like everybody else, yet understand that it is a lot of people coming back to the game to try the new shinies, as well as everybody that is a current player, too. The bulk of my personal frustration lies with my internet provider. For more than a week and a half, I have been getting stuttered access, with no loss of signal. In fact, my modem is getting excellent signal. I have ruled out that it is my PC, replaced my ethernet cable as well as my LAN card, and still have the problem.

Arjay and "Victor" from Mumbai, I mean tech support, keep telling me it is because I live too far away from the broadcast tower, but I have not had an issue in the last year. My brother uses the same provider, but went with Time Warner this week due to a job requirement for broadband and a home phone, so I will try his modem tonight before I decide to cancel, and use TW as well.

Ok, headed home to my PC, I hate these Macs at work.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • kmcmasterskmcmasters Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I truly think that people need to calm down just a bit. In a few days the queue will vanish once more and when the novelty of the Romulan faction wanes everyone will be back to their normal instant log in.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osryn wrote: »
    Its possible that something in the update completely broke the system, and it's not clearing out disconnected users properly, hence the huge queue times as each account finally reaches a trigger idle time (probably broken as well) where they are automatically "forced" out by the system.

I think that's the most likely case, that for some reason the queue limit was changed to 2000 instead of 20,000, something that you couldn't detect on the test servers because you didn't have as many testers.
  • foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complaining is easy and waiting frustrating. Just report a long waiting time (I myself am waiting for 2 hours because of a 25k queue and stopped waiting) and trust Cryptic will address the issue asap.

What I have seen so far today is a great overhaul and the best expansion yet so give the team a break and play the sims or whatever whiners otherwise play for a few hours. ;)

P.s. text on top of the forum:
    We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no im not but im also angry so it cause me to type fast and my fingers tend to jump when that happens so spelling becomes an issue.

I think there's a more plausible explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yekGSC4xxpc
  • coffee2119coffee2119 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frak this off the bed can not play a game u have to queue to enjoy :mad:
  • romulanengineerromulanengineer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    motito78 wrote: »
    the Only Fix For The Queue Login Is That Gold Members Put The Bill In Queue Also... Maybe That Way Cryptic Fix The Problem.

Agreed! Queue All Payments And Lets Make Them Understand The Maning Of Angry Customers!
  • scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this company doesn't care , it will keep flogging the dead horse until it dies , then sell the company for next to nothing and laughing all the way to the bank , its not about making good games these days it just about how can we TRIBBLE our players over to make more money for ourselves . ive been tryin the game for the last couple of days , lucky for me I was thinkin of dropping some cash on this game , after this patch , im not so sure now ......ill wait for a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Except it did with Pandaria and has before that too.

larskdvall wrote: »
    EVE Online, but it's not free.

He said good MMO.

Not "Frustrating job".
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You mean other than those times WoW goes down for a full week.

Or the Diablo II days of the bi-daily 1 hour server failures.

I'm sure you meant other than those, of course. ;-)

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chr22 wrote: »
    it's a very poor point if you're 2000 out of 20000+. Silver players would die to get that kind of luck that doesn't involve having to get on erratic times and avoid peak hours

My point is: Why are LTS members raging about login queues, when they get bumped past 20K people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I could accept that they may not have been prepared as they could have. It's always possible.

But looking at the sheer number of people queued? I find it very hard to believe they could have anticipated something on this scale. They could have taken every precaution they could have thought up pre-launch, but they aren't psychic. They couldn't look into the future, see what was coming, and then fix it.

It's understandable to be frustrated, but some people are going way too far in their assumptions of just how prepared Cryptic could have been.

A new Star Trek movie came out recently and with this anticipated update with playable Romulans coming to the game how could anyone not expect a lot of people coming to try to play the game?

This is Star Trek their are a lot of fans from all over the world I am not surprised one bit by how many are trying to play the game except I though their would be even more.

I do not know how anyone could not of expected a large number of players showing up. They should of been prepared for this many people after all we are not talking about millions or even hundreds of thousands. I have seen games with no such fan base that Star Trek has be able to handle a large increase of players showing up why cant they handle it for this game?
  • kotoenkakotoenka Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there even a point to logging in right now? there is clearly a massive issue. I'm at 21k, gonna be a long night

no there is none.but u can do that:login and go play on another game or watch a movie for 2-3 hrs :D
  • subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more than 200 pages, keep going guys! LOL
  • mattdeckermattdecker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rajathomas wrote: »
    Do you people actually believe the que is solely due to increased player numbers? You are one gullible bunch!

I never said anything of the sort.i'll just be glad to get in the game.if it ever happens.:cool:
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kotoenka wrote: »
    its better leave the game for a day.im gonna do it and hope in a day there to be some progress.im bored of trying ot play like that.if there is no progress they wont see me soon.having 22k ppls waiting to play whole day is ridiculas.

at the end what we can do...complain till we get logged in after 3-4 hrs waiting so we crash or gotta go out for 1 hr+ and what...again wait 3-4 hrs till we can enter and play and not be able to switch chars?

if they really believe in that i wanna try the drugs they take :D

and last 30 mins i saw queue got down by nearly 4k with means ppls leaving cuz they dont wanna wait anymore.and Cryptic is losing from that.matter of time rest like me to leave aswell!

Yes very very good idea. YALL leave it for a week.
    So i can play :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • valormeervalormeer Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to hear you guys can't log in but I have my stream running at http://www.twitch.tv/emp_juri_feet you can tune in and watch if you want Kappa
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20 000 people sounds like a lot.

That works out to about a one hour wait (based on a 15000 spot, which I usually wind up at, taking about 45 minutes). This roughly places spot number 2000 as being six minutes of wait time.

Six minutes? Go smoke a bowl or microwave a Hot Pocket. Change of underwear. Maybe find a window and verify what time of day it is? Hell, if you have a good enough resource and a strong wrist, you can crank one out in six minutes.

I don't see the problem.
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets see, I've spent around $80 on this game in the last few weeks. Thus far I waited five hours yesterday to play for a grand total of three and a half minutes, only to get knocked off, then be alerted that I am quere 14,015/14,015.

Currently I've been waiting for about an hour and a half and am 7592/19647. I'm hoping this time I get to stay logged in long enough before getting dropped to choose if I want to make my Romulan character male or female.

A few Master Keys sounds like nice compensation - _ -
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poopbang wrote: »
    Thats the point I'm trying to make:)

Oh yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. I got your point. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More then 20.000 THOUSAND PEOPLE waiting in Q for LOGIN!

Poor Q. I can't imagine how horribly violated he must feel. :D
  • scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woot im down to 10k in the line ...... a few more games of poker on FB and I should be good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been waiting 3 yrs for Romulans, I Think its all great!
  • kotoenkakotoenka Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes very very good idea. YALL leave it for a week.
    So i can play :D

and why u think Cryptic admins just wont log in 20,000 accounts to keep u in queue :D