test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wooo sub 10k now............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shale087 wrote: »
    More like they allocated too many of STO's shards to Neverwinter and now they just lack the hardware capacity. I understand the need for queues to keep the login servers from crashing.. But when you get into 10,000 - 25,000 person queues, that just shows that they don't have the maximum server capacity that should be expected in almost any modern MMO. The only way this is going to be fixed? Is if they upgrade the hardware, allocate shards back to STO, or if 10,000 - 25,000 people quit.

And Neverwinter sucks.
  • cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    never mind not worth it...
  • criticismhdcriticismhd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on Cryptic, I feel Like a second class citizen here. You want people to play the game, but you make them wait. What if a new player wanted to login? His first impression of the game would be him waiting 8 hours to play. Thats a great way to promote your game.
  • ryeman1ryeman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joke.. befor i start nice up date love the game now iam not a life time or a sub but i do bye zen and have spent more than a life times members fees and wont be speeding any more at this time and i think a lot out there from today will do the same i had high hopes this time and still just hold on to a bit of it. hope you guys sort all this out i hate to see all that hard work go up in somke guys its only a game we speed owr hard work money on we work hard come home wont to sit down and play some games pls
    i try tomo lol no hard feelings
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect what happened was that Starfleet Dental (or some other hackers) loaded up a lot of dummy players to fill the servers with idle people. There is no way that the Devs could have put the entire game on a server that cannot handle the typical load of players, and no way that -200,000- new players -on top of- the number of players that were currently playing came onto the scene right after a patch.

Sorry, but having not been able to get into the game -at all- for the last two hours because of a 150,000 player queue is beyond unbelievable. It's either a bug, a hack, or the Devs are completely incompetent in how they set up their game server. Of those three, I find the second the most probable, as I know they'd have stated it was a bug (not 'we're trying to get you into the game as soon as possible'), and no one this bad at their job would have any right to keep it.

So...a hack.

Let's hope the Devs catch them soon.
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.

The Star Trek Online Team.

- Really? As soon as possible? Oh wait...
  • outlawgentoutlawgent Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the middle of a mission and got kicked from the server only to sign back in to a 13k waiting que.......

glad I never spent a dime here, and this will make sure I NEVER do.
    .☠.Outlaw
    edited May 2013
    someone need to do the hitler does STO thing and then post it on youtube , so I can link it to my sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What really blows is the fact that I'm lucky to make it as far as I have so far. Nearly two hours waiting, and I haven't been disconnected yet. Internet isn't too good out where I live, only one DSL line in the entire county. On an average six hour session of playing I'm knocked off a dozen or so times.

So basically, in the few weeks that I've had this game, THIS is the single longest uninterrupted connection I've had to the server, and its to wait to play.

Irony sucks.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on Cryptic, I feel Like a second class citizen here. You want people to play the game, but you make them wait. What if a new player wanted to login? His first impression of the game would be him waiting 8 hours to play. Thats a great way to promote your game.

that's one of the reasons thought requesting a free minor item gift like a skill point boost or a free duty officer pack for inconvenience would be appropriate as an apology but i was met with heavy resistance people kept insulting me so gave up but i think branflakes or someone high up do or try to give a sincere apology for these errors and not just pr stuff.
  • chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2nd day in a row with a massive queue.... talk about a completely botched launch. All that hype about May 21, and when it gets here... wah wah wah. No dice. Fun thing for me is my position in the queue NEVER MOVES, so why even have it? Just pop me up a message and say "Bad luck today, try again TOMORROW".

Serious fail.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick subject change for just a sec...

What's this about a free ship I keep reading on here?
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why couldn't they take a lesson from the best online game launch of all time...

Unreal Tournament 2k4

Hundreds of thousands of users, no crashes, no queues and that was almost 10 years ago, I'm sure technology has improved since then.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More like they allocated too many of STO's shards to Neverwinter and now they just lack the hardware capacity. I understand the need for queues to keep the login servers from crashing.. But when you get into 10,000 - 25,000 person queues, that just shows that they don't have the maximum server capacity that should be expected in almost any modern MMO. The only way this is going to be fixed? Is if they upgrade the hardware, allocate shards back to STO, or if 10,000 - 25,000 people quit.

Which brings me back to my point from yesterday. Why in the name of Q would you ever have multiple games on a single server network. That's crazy. Star Trek should have an independent server, flat out.

I hope they're learning their lesson on this.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tibor001 wrote: »
    LMAO Epic!
    natewest1 wrote: »
    woo, only 18K to go! anyone know any other good MMOs?
    eviax wrote: »
    -We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.

The Star Trek Online Team.

- Really? As soon as possible? Oh wait...
    but they can't fix it right now... they are in the queue line :p
  • elimullanelimullan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey cryptic please explain why I should pay for something I cant even play
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new Star Trek movie came out recently and with this anticipated update with playable Romulans coming to the game how could anyone not expect a lot of people coming to try to play the game?

This is Star Trek their are a lot of fans from all over the world I am not surprised one bit by how many are trying to play the game except I though their would be even more.

I do not know how anyone could not of expected a large number of players showing up. They should of been prepared for this many people after all we are not talking about millions or even hundreds of thousands. I have seen games with no such fan base that Star Trek has be able to handle a large increase of players showing up why cant they handle it for this game?

That's exactly what I was saying, though. I think you're applying knowledge we have now to a situation that existed before we had that knowledge, and I think you're wrong for doing so. They could have done everything they could think of, but I don't think they could have anticipated the volume of people coming in.
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boy is it ever nice to be logged in with my Silver account. Wait times, amirite, Gold players?

Seriously, that's the level of maturity we're getting from Subscribers. I almost expect them all to be 13 year old girls with divorced parents and iPhones.
    edited May 2013
    danqueller wrote: »
    I suspect what happened was that Starfleet Dental (or some other hackers) loaded up a lot of dummy players to fill the servers with idle people. There is no way that the Devs could have put the entire game on a server that cannot handle the typical load of players, and no way that -200,000- new players -on top of- the number of players that were currently playing came onto the scene right after a patch.

Sorry, but having not been able to get into the game -at all- for the last two hours because of a 150,000 player queue is beyond unbelievable. It's either a bug, a hack, or the Devs are completely incompetent in how they set up their game server. Of those three, I find the second the most probable, as I know they'd have stated it was a bug (not 'we're trying to get you into the game as soon as possible'), and no one this bad at their job would have any right to keep it.

So...a hack.

Let's hope the Devs catch them soon.

You might be onto something there, but not exactly right.

I recall seeing some FAQs where it was mentioned that you can have multiple characters on one profile exchange dilithium to a single character, thus getting around the limit on how much you can refine in one day.

With the launch of the expansion, you likely have a number of people running multiple laptops with multiple characters to harvest large quantities of dilithium and running the Duty Officers to get as much of the new goodies as possible in as shot a period of time as possible.
    "Why all the sales"?

-jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • hdspringerhdspringer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why it takes 3 hours to play a on line free game I put money in this game for my self an my crew an ships its like pay me an then wait this is worse than second life at least it will handle 50,00 pleolpe at one time on there server
    edited May 2013
    Why couldn't they take a lesson from the best online game launch of all time...

Unreal Tournament 2k4

Hundreds of thousands of users, no crashes, no queues and that was almost 10 years ago, I'm sure technology has improved since then.

Reading on the Xbox One launch, Xbox Live currently runs on 15,000 servers. When Xbox One launches that's getting upped to 300,000.

Now we know neither Cryptic nor Perfect world have the cash to put that much in, nor any need for that matter, but seriously, isn't it better to have and not need than to need and not have.

And in total agreement on the rationale of just renting extra servers for the month.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited May 2013
    I don't think any game has had this bad of a que problem ever , and ive done a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Which brings me back to my point from yesterday. Why in the name of Q would you ever have multiple games on a single server network. That's crazy. Star Trek should have an independent server, flat out.

Ask EA Games, they're the ones who wrote the book for that business model :mad:
    "Why all the sales"?

• latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »

Their games are on separate servers. When STO underwent maintenance last night, I logged out, and logged in to Neverwinter. Ran a dungeon. By the time I was done, STO was back up. Log off NW, log back into STO. There was no que.
    edited May 2013
    Well... There's 18,453 people not spending money in teh C-Store right now...
  • natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pissed me off last night, after hours of waiting, I finally got on, only to get a message that they are shutting down in 15 min for maint. All I could do was laugh...
  • clerigoptclerigopt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Does anyone really expect Cryptic to invest in additional servers in order to tolerate an influx of players that will only last... a week? a month maybe?

Don't get me wrong, long term, STO will have more people playing because of the expanded content; but numbers like we're seeing this week will not last. You can't expect them to invest in major expansion to cover a relatively short term deluge of interest.

These log on queues are a sign that Cryptic probably played this whole thing correctly from a business standpoint. And when Cryptic plays things correctly, the game does better for everyone in the long run.

Jolan Tru, Cryptic. I'll be patient in my queue, and I'll enjoy the game when I get in.

!00% correct in your statements...but...

that issue brings along ethical questions, not from a moralism point of view, but from a behaviour perpective one must have in any seller-customer relation.

When i buy a given product i should not be "expecting" anything...im not opening a Christmas gift or a pandora box. No! Im exchanging my money for a selected product or service, wich i demand to be as described/reported.

So, what can you say to everyone that spent their money in this game, and now waiting in a Q to play?

They will have to w8 in the Q to play, rested assure that by next week half of the players already left the game, so then they can play STO with the same number of ppl it had before this expansion.

Is that what we should say?
    edited May 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Their games are on separate servers. When STO underwent maintenance last night, I logged out, and logged in to Neverwinter. Ran a dungeon. By the time I was done, STO was back up. Log off NW, log back into STO. There was no que.
    So what Shale here is saying-

is that they actually swapped memory from STO to NW?

That seems like a serious waste of time now.
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This reminds me of my first wife, gotta wait forever to play then doesn't work right and get kicked out after 5 minutes.