test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in! Goodbye, suckers.
    Greenbird
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3657 out of 18043

And closing.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited May 2013

Hmph, he'll be back.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sighs* Two hours fifteen minutes waiting, disconnected, was 5,095/18,240

Now I'm 18,044/18,057

Lets see where I am two hours from now.

At least I've had enough time to think up names for my Romulan character and ship - _ -
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do have to wonder how big the servers are if there's 18K people waiting to get on...
  • jengofett649jengofett649 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

honestly hope you don't get D/C'd... i'd laugh too hard

its weird, yesterday i finished work 2 hours later then today and got in the Q at 5378... today 2 hours earlier and im 18k.... why are there more people now! lol TRIBBLE
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    500 to go! So I'll be in shortly, now the trick is to never log out again.
    signwidrona.png
    edited May 2013
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    *sighs* Two hours fifteen minutes waiting, disconnected, was 5,095/18,240

Now I'm 18,044/18,057

Lets see where I am two hours from now.

At least I've had enough time to think up names for my Romulan character and ship - _ -

That's a good idea...I mean I'm not starting my Romulan til probably Friday, but thinking about the naming and such ahead of time makes sense.

It's sad you don't get to see New Romulus on the queue screen. It at least moves.
  • namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In other words, the game is actually slowly dying and they know it, and outside of a few incidents of rubbernecking, the population isn't increasing, because if it were, they'd need that extra horsepower anyway. So rather than expanding space to deal with increased growth, they're going to wait it out because they know there isn't going to be any, despite their public claims to the contrary.

This is an entirely reasonable position to take. It is also a strong vote of no confidence from the insiders themselves. Combined with the LTS "sale", it becomes clear that they're trying to sell tickets on a sinking ship.

Think about that when you consider your LTS purchase: Cryptic, by their own actions, admits this game is dying. Perhaps slowly, but dying nonetheless. They may claim otherwise, but actions speak louder than words, and a non-expansionistic policy is a demonstration that they are planning for slow death.

Yes...but no. See, they did the same thing when Neverwinter went live. HUUUUGE ques ...and a solution to the que. They gave a link to the Founders of the North pack, which put you to the front of the ques.

Less then a week later, the servers got pumped and the ques went away. My suggestion, dont get scammed into buying the LTS package, and wait about a week or so. (Maybe as little as a few more days)

A few days, the ques will vanish, and they will go back to selling massive amounts of keys and ships at 50$ a pop.

(BTW, check out the "set" where you have to buy two c store ships to get it...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
  • jengofett649jengofett649 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    martagon wrote: »
    I do have to wonder how big the servers are if there's 18K people waiting to get on...

VERY, VERY, VERY small..... they aren't meant to handle this load but they'll eventually think something up
  • praitorpraitor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well was gonna buy life member ship before patch but thought id wait till after , now im glad i did ,waiting in a que no thanks you having a laugh right???
    paying for life time membership now = 0 %
    if i pay for something i want to play it not wait in a que for 1 hour then play , i only usually get 1 to 2 hours to play anyway , so now it would be a waste of time paying for something i wouldn't be able to play because of the que time
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can i ask those of you who actually have brains why asking for a free item like skill point boost or duty officer pack is being met with such resistance. most people think i'm asking for a handout but i'm not. my thinking is that buy giving us a free minor item gift

1. they are apologizing and

2. there giving it cause the want us to stay

im not begging or trying to force anything but i wanna understand why the idea is being resisted so much. am i wrong in thinking this error is beyond unacceptable and that should a been prepared for it and should apologize
    edited May 2013
    natewest1 wrote: »
    pissed me off last night, after hours of waiting, I finally got on, only to get a message that they are shutting down in 15 min for maint. All I could do was laugh...
    captaind3 wrote: »
    That's a good idea...I mean I'm not starting my Romulan til probably Friday, but thinking about the naming and such ahead of time makes sense.

Is there any canon method to their ships names? I cant even recall them naming more than one or two in TNG. Federation used themes, like names of moons (Titan class) or deep space probes (Intrepid class) I suspect Klingon's drop a bag of scrabble tiles on the ground and use whatever lands face up...
    "Why all the sales"?

-jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only past experience with queues and supposed massively multimedia online games is hearing people moan about Argent Dawn server on WoW...
    edited May 2013
    martagon wrote: »

That's a really good question, YO BRANFLAKES how many people are on? Nothing specific, but give us an order of magnitude. A hundred thousand? A million? There are like ten million Captain's right? Two, three million maybe?
  • sogetessogetes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly hope you don't get D/C'd... i'd laugh too hard

its weird, yesterday i finished work 2 hours later then today and got in the Q at 5378... today 2 hours earlier and im 18k.... why are there more people now! lol TRIBBLE

Easy...most people are still downloading the new patch. It's over 2Gb and dl/speed is somewhat on the slow side. Took me about an afternoon to download. If anything you can expect more people to queue up in the next few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I JUST MADE UP A NEW SIG

STOSUCKS_zps9c7ab273.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • apersont1apersont1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can i ask those of you who actually have brains why asking for a free item like skill point boost or duty officer pack is being met with such resistance. most people think i'm asking for a handout but i'm not. my thinking is that buy giving us a free minor item gift

im not begging or trying to force anything but i wanna understand why the idea is being resisted so much. am i wrong in thinking this error is beyond unacceptable and that should a been prepared for it and should apologize

Will you people just go away and stop coming back? it's not like the game is gone forever, you deserve nothing, even if you payed.

I buy Zen a lot, i mean a helluva lot and i am not complaining because i know i will eventually be able to play.

If they were to suddenly close the servers for no apparent reason and just ditch the game, that would make me sligly mad.

But seriously, it's not the end of STO, everything will be back to normal next week
    MTV Cribs eat your heart out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It may be better to wait until the dust has settled before asking for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any canon method to their ships names? I cant even recall them naming more than one or two in TNG. Federation used themes, like names of moons (Titan class) or deep space probes (Intrepid class) I suspect Klingon's drop a bag of scrabble tiles on the ground and use whatever lands face up...

HEY!

the spirit of kahless hand picks those tiles;)
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't get your hopes up, fellas. I'm in, but it's a slideshow.
    Greenbird
    edited May 2013

Usually there is.

NX-class starships are named after Space Shuttles and then British World War II ships. (Atlantis, Endeavor and then Avenger etc.)

Danube class Runabouts are named after Earth Rivers (it's good thing there are a lot of them)

I think Yellowstone Runabouts are named after national parks.

From what I've been able to gather Klingon starships are named after Klingon star systems. Which considering that they fight amongst themselves and only expand by conquest, it's a fair bet that every Klingon ship class is named after a battle. Except for the Bortas, which means revenge, and the Pagh which means zero.

Romulan ships on the other hand appear to be named after officers in the military, the 24th century warbird, IRW Valdore being name after 22nd century Admiral Valdore.
  • westy317westy317 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is the Log in Que sooo Large?! is there only One Server for STO? 5 digit numbers for que possitions... seriously? I know the new long awaited Expansion just came out but they really could have done something so that everyone gets a chance to play, seems a bit unfair.
  • daynjarusdaynjarus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    an hour an a half now...started at 23000ish only down to 4000ish!!! Come on Cryptic, Really?
    edited May 2013
    Found something interesting:

http://www.nfoservers.com/

Its a company that rents industrial grade online gaming servers.

What caught my eye is the 2 day free trial for however much server space you rent if you are a first time customer...
    "Why all the sales"?

• scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sub 6k Now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    apersont1 wrote: »
    Will you people just go away and stop coming back? it's not like the game is gone forever, you deserve nothing, even if you payed.

I buy Zen a lot, i mean a helluva lot and i am not complaining because i know i will eventually be able to play.

If they were to suddenly close the servers for no apparent reason and just ditch the game, that would make me sligly mad.

But seriously, it's not the end of STO, everything will be back to normal next week

i get that i do but as a lover of sto and someone who really wants to play dont you think a week is to long. sto is a game made for people to play. not to forced to wait a week to play no matter the reason. someone back me up right or is my logic flawed.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    apersont1 wrote: »

Actually, you are paying for access to the STO servers, and if a company cannot provide access to its product then people have the right to complain, especially if they have paid.

If you went to the gas station to fill up your car, had to pay up front and were then told you couldn't have that gas for 2 or 3 days, wouldn't you be a little annoyed? Or are you a businesses wet dream? A customer that hands over endless amounts of money and asks for nothing in return? Cryptic are a business, not a charity, they are expected to provide something in return for an investment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • kazroykazroy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when there are 18k people trying to get on... its time to expand the servers, but I doubt Cryptic will work on it. They were bought by the Chinese, and they always go for the lowest bidder.

*Raises Glass* Here's to hoping!
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2013
    someone need to do the hitler does STO thing and then post it on youtube , so I can link it to my sig

Ask and ye shall receive! :D

It's old but it fits, lol ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRnl2vbLDVc
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill