test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there prolly is a priority cuz it took me only a few seconds to get in
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    epsilons232epsilons232 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwo i love sto and understand there are issues right now but been in quere to join for 2 hours now was down to 2000 wait then i timed out now im set back to 22364 i am trying to be patient but i think all players who are waiting should recieve a free ingame item for inconivience like a starter pack or a skill point booster pack there errors and wait time are beyond unacceptale

I trump your 22364 with a queue of 22668. Can anybody do better?

Joking aside, before the expansion there have been issues, but did the Cryptic fix those in a quick and dirty way by trowing out >20k players? This behaviour is really pissing of fans of Startrek and this game. Cryptic doesn't seem to care about them, maybe management would if it would costs them clear money.

So Cryptic, share in the pain and offer each player in the queue 1 Zen for every 100 players he has before him!

Maybe that will motivate Cryptic to fix the issues with (the setup of) their servers properly.
  • Options
    romulanengineerromulanengineer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Way i will spend a penny more in this game. I play this game since the first release, i have paid it for a long time, i spent a lot of money and now i see a complete failure with all players. No matter gold, silver or lifetime, everybody is being affected by PW's incompetence.

Please PW, sell Cryptic to some other company, some company with REAL interest in respect the customers
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    natewest1 wrote: »
    woo, only 18K to go! anyone know any other good MMOs?

yeah its called Legacy of Romulus!!! Google it.... ;)
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you propose they hand out? Perhaps a Very Rare Purple "bit of perspective"?

Also what is this "quere" you keep referring to? It almost looks offensive.
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i really want is a sincere appolgy not this pr TRIBBLE then id feel better and that would make me feel a lot better about this. might even make this unnaceptable errors bearable forgive me for thinking a free gift would do that. so if any moderater reads this then fine maybe a free item was two much but i still think an apology would be nice
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BECAUSE ITS NOT ENOUGH BRAINFLAKES HAS ALREADY APPOLIISED IN ALTERS BUT YET THERE ERRORS STILL EXSITS FORGIVE ME FOR THING A PR APOLIGY IS NO LONGER EXCEPTABLE AT THIS POINT EVEN IF THE DONT GIVE ME AN ITEM ID STILL LIKE A PM PERSONAL APOLGY AT LEAST.

So it's about apologies and not handouts, yet you insist an apology (notice that I spell that word the same way every time I type it?) isn't enough and want a handout...which you say it's not about, yet demand over and over and over again.

Maybe BranFlakes could get you a personal spellchecker... :P
  • Options
    richa24richa24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg this log in issues need sorting people pay and play the game comon i wait nearly 2 an a half hours to play an then get disconnected 10 minutes later and now have to wait all over again if it not sorted soon i will not come back you should know about server capacity
  • Options
    tharon3tharon3 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I keep seeing massive amounts of forum threads about people complaining that it is taking so long to get into the game since LOR launched.

To those people I kindly say SHUT UP AND THINK YOU NUMBSKULL!!

STO was in some pretty dire times, and it's still amazing through all the initial hardships that it even made it through development let alone launch and three years later. It survived through what would normally devastate most into wishful thinking oblivion.

Thanks to their determination, and us players sticking with the game an investing in its future by purchasing zen and items, the dev team has grown and they have been able to give us this great expansion.

Sure there's times we all get frustrated at some of the things Cryptic does, but in the end they have and are continuing to give us a really enjoyable game.

The login queue just proves we were right to invest in the potential we knew the game had and what the dev team could really do some amazing stuff if they had the right resources. So when I'm stuck at 25,042 of 25,454 eagerly waiting to get in the game, I take comfort in the fact that so many are trying to get in and how much brighter the future of the game is with all these new and returning players.

Now with all that said....Cryptic get some more Servers or I'm holding Bransflakes favorite spoon and Tacofang's tacos hostage until our more servers demands are met. (just kidding of course) :D

you know I must agree w/ you but it does help to let off some steam.:D
  • Options
    kotoenkakotoenka Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    endo13 wrote: »
    Yeah, this is probably the worst login queue I've seen in any MMO. Not just for the sheer size of the queue, but also how the login and queue work.

patience

Queue is down to 20,000.with this speed in half hr it may be down till 12-13k and we can enter easy....till the morning when everyone wakes up :D
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4450 for me..... :D:D :P

Go ahead, rub it in, you lucky dog.

LOL
  • Options
    natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, that looks amazing, how do I get to play it?!
  • Options
    proffateproffate Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently 19328 out of 20771. Its great to see so many wanting to play, but I agree with many of the above posts; there was little thought given as to how big the demand would be...a customer in queue, is an unhappy customer.
  • Options
    larskdvalllarskdvall Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natewest1 wrote: »
    woo, only 18K to go! anyone know any other good MMOs?

EVE Online, but it's not free.
  • Options
    gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you propose they hand out? Perhaps a Very Rare Purple "bit of perspective"?

Also what is this "quere" you keep referring to? It almost looks offensive.

WTB Like button.
  • Options
    alecsubaalecsuba Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kotoenka wrote: »
    patience

Queue is down to 20,000.with this speed in half hr it may be down till 12-13k and we can enter easy....till the morning when everyone wakes up :D

Thats great until you login and it automatically disconnects you and throws you back into a queue
  • Options
    motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only fix for the queue login is that gold members put the bill in queue also... maybe that way cryptic fix the problem.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wooooooooooo 4Ks AAAAH :cool: eat on that 20Ks.... hahahaha :P

Woooooooooohoooooooooooo 2ks now..... :)
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    harmvanriskharmvanrisk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there even a point to logging in right now? there is clearly a massive issue. I'm at 21k, gonna be a long night
  • Options
    chr22chr22 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poopbang wrote: »
    Thats the point I'm trying to make:)

it's a very poor point if you're 2000 out of 20000+. Silver players would die to get that kind of luck that doesn't involve having to get on erratic times and avoid peak hours
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I keep seeing massive amounts of forum threads about people complaining that it is taking so long to get into the game since LOR launched.

To those people I kindly say SHUT UP AND THINK YOU NUMBSKULL!!

STO was in some pretty dire times, and it's still amazing through all the initial hardships that it even made it through development let alone launch and three years later. It survived through what would normally devastate most into wishful thinking oblivion.

Thanks to their determination, and us players sticking with the game an investing in its future by purchasing zen and items, the dev team has grown and they have been able to give us this great expansion.

Sure there's times we all get frustrated at some of the things Cryptic does, but in the end they have and are continuing to give us a really enjoyable game.

The login queue just proves we were right to invest in the potential we knew the game had and what the dev team could really do some amazing stuff if they had the right resources. So when I'm stuck at 25,042 of 25,454 eagerly waiting to get in the game, I take comfort in the fact that so many are trying to get in and how much brighter the future of the game is with all these new and returning players.

Now with all that said....Cryptic get some more Servers or I'm holding Bransflakes favorite spoon and Tacofang's tacos hostage until our more servers demands are met. (just kidding of course) :D

Remember to take a deep breath before re-planting those lips :P

I can't believe Cryptic was surprised at the "increased attention" AND they have done more to drive players away than players merely losing interest.

But, if you paid for a LTS, I guess your perspective changes ;)
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You... really aren't well-practiced at this; are ya, son?[/QUOTE]

no im not but im also angry so it cause me to type fast and my fingers tend to jump when that happens so spelling becomes an issue.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've rejoined the Queue Continuum. :D

11637/19787
  • Options
    djcentauri613djcentauri613 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one good thing I can say about Blizzard is that this would never happen.
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All y'all make it sound like all of us lifers are a bunch of whiners. Not true. Many of us are perturbed about the queue just like everybody else, yet understand that it is a lot of people coming back to the game to try the new shinies, as well as everybody that is a current player, too. The bulk of my personal frustration lies with my internet provider. For more than a week and a half, I have been getting stuttered access, with no loss of signal. In fact, my modem is getting excellent signal. I have ruled out that it is my PC, replaced my ethernet cable as well as my LAN card, and still have the problem.

Arjay and "Victor" from Mumbai, I mean tech support, keep telling me it is because I live too far away from the broadcast tower, but I have not had an issue in the last year. My brother uses the same provider, but went with Time Warner this week due to a job requirement for broadband and a home phone, so I will try his modem tonight before I decide to cancel, and use TW as well.

Ok, headed home to my PC, I hate these Macs at work.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    kmcmasterskmcmasters Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I truly think that people need to calm down just a bit. In a few days the queue will vanish once more and when the novelty of the Romulan faction wanes everyone will be back to their normal instant log in.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osryn wrote: »
    Its possible that something in the update completely broke the system, and it's not clearing out disconnected users properly, hence the huge queue times as each account finally reaches a trigger idle time (probably broken as well) where they are automatically "forced" out by the system.

I think that's the most likely case, that for some reason the queue limit was changed to 2000 instead of 20,000, something that you couldn't detect on the test servers because you didn't have as many testers.
  • Options
    foorgedfoorged Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complaining is easy and waiting frustrating. Just report a long waiting time (I myself am waiting for 2 hours because of a 25k queue and stopped waiting) and trust Cryptic will address the issue asap.

What I have seen so far today is a great overhaul and the best expansion yet so give the team a break and play the sims or whatever whiners otherwise play for a few hours. ;)

P.s. text on top of the forum:
    We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no im not but im also angry so it cause me to type fast and my fingers tend to jump when that happens so spelling becomes an issue.

I think there's a more plausible explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yekGSC4xxpc
  • Options
    coffee2119coffee2119 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frak this off the bed can not play a game u have to queue to enjoy :mad: