jorandaxjorandax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well am from the uk and its 11:15pm here so good time to play lol

They are testing customers patience
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    proliphic1 wrote: »
    i doubt they would respond well to "Demands" but at the same time we shouldnt even have to ASK.. it should be done as a "sorry, we ****ed up" here's a treat !

For sure, I thought they fixed this damn problem... this is the 2nd time this week. Hours of lost time, I paid a **** ton of money to play this game and Cryptic has changed what I paid for so many times, and now when this happens all they tell me is:

"other people are in the game, it doesn't effect everyone, we are working on it, but have no idea how long this is going to take"

They dont seem to care that I have to plan out my play time, and this is incredibly infuriating. Down for a couple ours.... sure, But down for days!!!!!!!!??!!! Every service provider I have ever had has given some sort of compensation for an outage of service of this magnitude, but cryptic doesn't even have a phone number I can call to address compensation with!
  • Options
    captaincyconcaptaincycon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Loading. Please wait.

Screen is blank (all white).

Worked fine 2 hours ago.
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been playing F2P for a long while (have been with game off and on since beta - more so now it's free!) 2 nights ago, I decided to re-sub for the extra benefits.... Mouse is rapidly moving to cancel button again.

Have had ZERO problems since game went free, I give you some money and this happens!

I've been playing most the night since around 18:30 (UK Time), around 23:00, I decide to have a bit of a play about in PvP C&H - got "Not Responding" during load screen for way too long to be arsed waiting any longer! (was in region of 500 by time I gave up!)

However.... Don't know if this is just coincidence or not, have hit this problem shortly after making purchases of some kind via C-Store. I can't remember previous one, but today I bought the Cat Species playable.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's called time off, and I don't get too much of it.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is this test still going on?

yep it is and it will never be fixed
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like Comcast DNS to me from here in WDC. I can login via VPN and/or Verizon w/out a problem...
  • Options
    firescorpion1firescorpion1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    whoever done this shut down TRIBBLE can go ahead and finish all them fleet projects i was workin on and would have gotten filled today ,,

and another thing im usually bringing in around 2m a day in ec with no prob gona need that for the 2 days u have shut us down for,, already

yea and the dil that i cant even make the 8k to even refine it ,,for the 2 days

not bsing neither
  • Options
    terryukterryuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is a joke 23.15 here in the UK and still cant get on the the game
  • Options
    lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Looks like Comcast DNS to me from here in WDC. I can login via VPN and/or Verizon w/out a problem...

I'm on Verizon and can't log in.
  • Options
    countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Even the startrek online website times out for me, 9 times out of 10. LOL, what is going on with you guys???
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Its pretty funny, a bunch of people, most not even having jobs, are demanding to be compensated for a game they haven't paid for or don't pay to play. I guess their "time" is very valuable and somehow they are owed.

If the downtime is large enough gold members might get something, f2p members will never get anything. It is very rare for an MMO to give anything in compensation, ever.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that I paid $60.00 for the game CD when it first came out and a $300.00 life time subscription plus at least $200 in Zen.... I sure dont deserve anything for my contribution O.o
  • Options
    jorandaxjorandax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    er.... Don't know if this is just coincidence or not, have hit this problem shortly after making purchases of some kind via C-Store. I can't remember previous one, but today I bought the Cat Species playable.
    Dont blame us cats! It has nothing to do with caitian race
  • Options
    proliphic1proliphic1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    1.The whining on this thread is, to be quite frank, immature.

2.Compensation is a goodwill gesture at best, not a requirement.

3.As for dev responses: They have work to do, like getting this issue resolved, that would preclude their giving a play-by-play rundown to the forums.

1. True but at the same time for those who pay to play this game, I can understand that they are upset about the outtage considering it sounds like a Planned Test, they should have sent out a warning about the ouutage like most companies do,

2. that was the point that i was making before, we shouldnt be asking or even have to feel the NEED to ASK.. they should compensate people as a nice gesture and a sign of good faith, and customer relations.

3.you really think this is the only game that has issues that need to be fixed or where devs are working on a fix ? but ALOT of other companies have their devs working on troubleshooting and they still have time to update the community on the status, maybe they should employ a few more devs if they cant sort out a "launcher" problem.
  • Options
    cludgercludger Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its pretty funny, a bunch of people, most not even having jobs, are demanding to be compensated for a game they haven't paid for or don't pay to play. I guess their "time" is very valuable and somehow they are owed.

If the downtime is large enough gold members might get something, f2p members will never get anything. It is very rare for an MMO to give anything in compensation, ever.

Funny AND extremely entertaining. It's likely no one will receive anything for these delays, but in the mean time reading this thread has been enough to keep me from doing my actual job. In that way, mission accomplished!
  • Options
    fredmunrofredmunro Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was hoping to level a couple more times before quitting tonight, but I guess my plans have to be put back till tomorrow night... :(
  • Options
    dethblazer1dethblazer1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    got a feeling its going to be a other 150 pages of this thread before they do something :mad:
  • Options
    ph4ze2ph4ze2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    blackicepanthrblackicepanthr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I'm not unemployed and I pay monthly as well as purchase extra zen every now and then and I'm having issues connecting. Kinda sux chunking money into something that works only part of the time. For me compensation would be nice.
  • Options
    wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Game was working for me normally till just 5 minutes ago, and now I can't get on at all.
  • Options
    scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Alot of assumptions from some more patient people, about everyone that's whining plays for free? Except, if you read the posts, you'll notice, most of the complaining people, are paying for this.

Some have been without access for 2 days now.

As far as compensation from most businesses having to have inconvenienced someone for days? One, this fits, two, are you insane? More than half the world's business happens in less than an hour. Time is money, and those commenting about people complaining not having the right to, should stop trolling what, obviously, many PAYING customers, feel is a legitimate issue.
  • Options
    shagnastieshagnastie Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    IF YOU CANT GET LOGGED IN

CHECK OUT THIS FORUM POST.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7733171#post7733171
  • Options
    vingvegavingvega Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im in Virginia...happening here. USA
  • Options
    sparm92sparm92 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well it is not a dns error. It seems to be the patching server on the games side of things. For if it were my dns I cold not connect to anything as that server resolves almost all issues. Tho I wold like to know when this problem will be resolved as I am disabled and don't have much other than this game to play.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    proliphic1 wrote: »
    1. True but at the same time for those who pay to play this game, I can understand that they are upset about the outtage considering it sounds like a Planned Test, they should have sent out a warning about the ouutage like most companies do,

2. that was the point that i was making before, we shouldnt be asking or even have to feel the NEED to ASK.. they should compensate people as a nice gesture and a sign of good faith, and customer relations.

3.you really think this is the only game that has issues that need to be fixed or where devs are working on a fix ? but ALOT of other companies have their devs working on troubleshooting and they still have time to update the community on the status, maybe they should employ a few more devs if they cant sort out a "launcher" problem.

1. True, but would an advance notice have prevented much of the whining going on? Given past experience with this forum, doubful.

2. Again, compensation is nice, but not likely. Some companies need a natural disaster to occur before they'll compensate their players. P2P companies are better at this....F2P, not so much.

3. This isn't Blizzard. They can't solve problems by simply throwing more people/money at the issue. They work within the resources they have. If that means that the priority is to fix the issue at hand rather than have someone F5 the forum page to provide up-to-the-minute responses, well...it is what it is. We can't change that.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    kirschtkirscht Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tried the link in the first post just now and it's not helping. All it seems to do is put a cryptic error dialog box on my desktop. Is there something I'm not doing right with it?
  • Options
    thyrahthyrah Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same thing today, was able to log on earlier today, but not now.
    Would it not be better to have a standard log-in program and only
    have to update the game from time to time, then need to update
    everything?

Maybe everyone would be happier if we were compensated for our
    trouble and down-time, like maybe 3 free keys for the lock boxes or ???
    I mean I'd be much happier with free keys... just saying :D
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here, have another shot on me.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.belkin [**********]
    2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.216.64.1
    3 8 ms 10 ms 8 ms dtr03clvltn-tge-0-6-0-4.clvl.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.70.28]
    4 11 ms 8 ms 9 ms dtr04clvltn-tge-0-7-0-0.clvl.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.69.223]
    5 12 ms 10 ms 9 ms dtr01nsvltn-tge-0-6-0-1.nsvl.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.70.116]
    6 9 ms 8 ms 9 ms dtr02lbnntn-tge-0-6-0-1.lbnn.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.71.135]
    7 11 ms 13 ms 11 ms dtr01mmvltn-tge-0-5-0-1.mmvl.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.70.83]
    8 18 ms 17 ms 21 ms crr01kgpttn-tge-0-3-0-3.kgpt.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.69.122]
    9 19 ms 18 ms 17 ms crr02kgpttn-tge-0-0-0-4.kgpt.tn.charter.com [96.
    34.71.81]
    10 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms crr12spbgsc-tge-0-1-0-15.spbg.sc.charter.com [96
    .34.64.88]
    11 32 ms 24 ms 31 ms bbr01spbgsc-bue-4.spbg.sc.charter.com [96.34.2.5
    0]
    12 26 ms 24 ms 25 ms cha-b1-link.telia.net [213.248.86.173]
    13 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms ash-bb3-link.telia.net [213.155.134.162]
    14 43 ms 45 ms 49 ms ash-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.248.157]
    15 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms te0-6-0-6.mpd21.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .11.93]
    16 34 ms 33 ms 34 ms te0-5-0-5.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .1.229]
    17 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms te0-0-0-2.mpd21.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .41.18]
    18 51 ms 49 ms 49 ms te0-4-0-3.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .44.18]
    19 51 ms 53 ms 51 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42
    ]
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
  • Options
    firescorpion1firescorpion1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    u see them big red letters ,
    with all that intelligent words he done put together to reasure us that it's them testing something as apposed to them making a mistake,

we can all start writing a apology message for him to use next time .. it will save him the trouble of even going to work to start with