Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    punctuatedcolonpunctuatedcolon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same here too. STO CO and NWO all offline, wont get past the auto updater. PWI is fine tho
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    suroh777 wrote: »
    Cryptic launcher refuses to work, keep getting an error stating my internet must be messed up which is not the case. No suggestions?

Yup, getting the same. Totally fine this morning (UK time), now it won't even log into the launcher.
  • Options
    lilsprout80lilsprout80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Having the same problems here too. Internet is working. Played yesterday and this morning with no problems. Go to start up STO and patch server is not resolving.
  • Options
    bulls100bulls100 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    also having the same problem, started to update briefly now it won't connect.
  • Options
    punctuatedcolonpunctuatedcolon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    kamilgarkamilgar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same problem here, after the last patch everything worked fine, today no way to get pass the patch server connection, rebooted computer, restarted the whole network, checked firewall, everything is "as it should be", so other online games works fine, I play also Neverwinter and that stucks at the same step, so maybe the patchserver is down?
  • Options
    causticdreamzcausticdreamz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how would i sort out my p2p as having same problem as you
  • Options
    gen197gen197 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here... unable to connect to patch server... was working fine a few hours ago... Will a full reinstall get rid of this?
  • Options
    moonwater2moonwater2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well it's been over two hours since many of us were booted from the server, many of us entering stf matches. Still can't get the launcher to connect yet all other internet connecting seems to be no problem. Found a thread at Champions Online community guy saying they are aware there's a problem but no eta on fix. It usually only takes a couple hours to pull maint on the server so the problem must be unusual. Sad since today was my first full day of planned sto gaming after holiday craziness. :(
  • Options
    suroh777suroh777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gen197 wrote: »
    Same here... unable to connect to patch server... was working fine a few hours ago... Will a full reinstall get rid of this?

Same here, I'm assuming you guys are working on a fix for this? Please save us!
  • Options
    enzofalconenzofalcon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have tried to use this particular launcher, but I am on a mac, so I can't use this windows launcher on my OSX. Is there any way I can get that launcher, but a mac version?
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yesterday the launcher started acting extremely odd. The character screen comes up, but there are no pictures of the top character in your roster, or of their ship. It takes about 15 minutes for it to load. When you hit play the login always times-out.

Internet connectivity is fine, and speed is good except on anything related to cryptic. Is Cryptic having some sort of server issue?
  • Options
    lybrion1lybrion1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As with others...I am having these same issues as well. I even did all of the nettest checks they tell you to do. The tracert was well within the required levels and the ping was at no loss. The nettest, however, timed out every single time, always within around 3 seconds....Anyone with any ideas?
  • Options
    maigentamaigenta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For months now I have been trying to access the game uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail, the patch gets to 29% then crashes the computer causing a blue screen restart of my computer. It is very frustrating that I cannot play the game.
  • Options
    jcf28309jcf28309 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hey just turned on my computer this morning to find im having this issue,been looking around but have yet to find a soulution. any ideas or hints i should try?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Indominus Imaginari.
  • Options
    connorm8472connorm8472 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When I log in everything Os fine then after I get past the were it says cryptic it just closes down and when I restart it it say I've got to wait 10-20 minutes then after that it still doesn't work
  • Options
    totaldtotald Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello, first of all I'd like to express my gratitude for what Cryptic is trying to do for us Linux users. However, every time I restart my computer, I have to download the launcher again and the 11GB's of updates for the game, jsut wondering if this is normal or if there is a fix to this? Thanks.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, it's not normal.

How do you start the game? I just click the Star Trek Online.exe file in the /home/user/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/ and it works normally. Sure, it updates when there's a patch, but doesn't install it every time I reboot.

Or perhaps, how did you install it? Wine? PlayOnLinux? Something else?
  • Options
    gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    totald wrote: »
    Hello, first of all I'd like to express my gratitude for what Cryptic is trying to do for us Linux users. However, every time I restart my computer, I have to download the launcher again and the 11GB's of updates for the game, jsut wondering if this is normal or if there is a fix to this? Thanks.

They won't be able to support you with that as the game is officially for Windows and Mac only.

If you need GNU/Linux support, you're better off asking in Linux-gaming communities.

I can help you with your problem, but unfortunately, I don't have a Linux machine currently so I won't be able to do testing. Currently playing under the buggy and unsecured Windo$e OS.

Anyway, make sure that the paths registered for STO under WINE or POL is where the folders are. Check the WINE/POL registry paths, check the permissions of your folders.

It will also help if you install it inside your /home/ folder as permissions are automatically assigned to the logged-in user. With that said, you'll have to use the same Linux login everytime. If you want it accessible for other users, you'll have to put it outside of your /home/ folder and check the permissions always.

From your description, STO is thinking it wasn't installed everytime you launch it again, so it re-downloads everything. That's where or what you have to debug.

Hope it helps in where to start searching/debugging.
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    We should pin this link so it's easy to find. Thanks for the help