Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    stormfinnarestormfinnare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    unkoala wrote: »

The mmoserver status page says that the patch servers are offline since 47 minutes ago... also they says that the website is offline... that its false so...

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
    st4rhh wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem, after the servers went down today, the launcher refuses to work. Any fixes?

In the link above, as provided bu Unkoala, it says the patchserver has been down for some 110 minutes. That could very well be the reason all of us has this issue right now, and if that is the case we would have no other option at all but so sit and wait untill the issue is resolved.

Personally I will sit back, read some news and have a coffe while waiting to see if the server comes up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Getting this problem too Cryptic. Tried to DL the bloody launcher manually, but to no avail. Still refuses to update itself like it used to...

Brandon, any news you can share on this issue??
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Some* news about this would be helpful :).
  • Options
    zetkhon#3224 zetkhon Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with the post above. Their maintenance schedule is from 14H00 to 18H00 UTC. So if you are in the UK it will be most likely between 15H00 to 19H00 (UTC +1). So myself I will try to go back on STO after 19H00.:)
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And now http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online shows everything except one service as being down...

Something seems to be very wrong now.. :/
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New launcher still fails. And given the past history replete with substandard launchers, exact cause cannot be accurately determined. Wheeeeee!
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well according to the front page maintenance still has 1hr to go hopefully when that is done it will also fix the launcher
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    or read the twitter post a few min ago. they know theres an issue are are fixing it.
  • Options
    jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    still cant get into the game..tried everything .

plz fix it
  • Options
    nxdefiantnxdefiant Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Me too. If the Patch Server is down, no one can enter the Game, right? So Cryptic should work hard on it now...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh. http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online says: All Servers down except the Error check Server. Something sees to be VERY worng there...
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They have informed somewhere that they need one more hour, at least, that the calculated and that they know we've problems and they're trying to solve them...
    UPDATE (4/4 @ 9:57AM PDT): Our new ETA is 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    unkoala wrote: »
    They have informed somewhere that they need one more hour, at least, that the calculated and that they know we've problems and they're trying to solve them...

Where do they inform? Can you post a Link?

________

Oh, there it is. Thanks
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nxdefiant wrote: »
    Where do they inform? Can you post a Link?

________

Oh, there it is. Thanks
    The launcher is affected by today's maintenance. Info: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9029981#post9029981

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Search it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Allready found it. Thanks.
  • Options
    villainvilevillainvile Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Connection error ...
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Launcher is up and running ....

BUT ... I have been receiving the following notification for Holodeck :
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep not patching at the moment, it's hanging at around 59%
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still receiving the following notification for Holodeck :

Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing

This has been a continuing error (for almost 8 hrs) since the Server became active.
    • I have downloaded the Updated Launcher
    • Tribble & Redshirt have patched
    • I have disconnected and refreshed my Internet
    • I have let the Launcher continue to reload and error Repeats
    • I have canceled and closed the Launcher for @ 2.5 hours
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    dalebot1dalebot1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've done it all...mine is hanging at 61% now.
  • Options
    nadiakirknadiakirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    from yesterday :
    "Trying to update the launcher, please be patient"
    "Tried connceting 2 times"
    after some minutes :
    "Unable to estabilish connection to Patch server"
    -_-"
  • Options
    ahurraahurra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm stuck at 60%. No new posts. Has this issue been solved for most players? Care to share how y'all got it to work? I'm trying to avoid a manual patch (8 freaking gigabytes) as much as possible.
  • Options
    gorantrekkigorantrekki Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nadiakirk wrote: »
    from yesterday :
    "Trying to update the launcher, please be patient"
    "Tried connceting 2 times"
    after some minutes :
    "Unable to estabilish connection to Patch server"
    -_-"

Me too, the same problem than you. Any ideas?
  • Options
    panthro2panthro2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes I've been having log in problems for 3 days now. Tried using the Manual Launcher and having the same problem as reported above.

By the way the Manual Patch Crashes before it even gets close to completion.

The Launcher crashes constantly.
  • Options
    captaineo3captaineo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry if this is repeating myself/ not allowed.

I dled the game a few days ago and have not as of yet been able to launch the game and play it. I get as far as the Cryptic loading screen and kicks me off saying that there's a fatal error. Originally it was reading about a decompressing error. But I found a "fix" for it on here.

I tried that, and now when I try to log in and launch again I get as far as the load screen and I receive an error about the animation library and how verifying the files in the launcher will help.

The thing is, that I've been setting the options to force verify and I've still been getting this error.

Is there anyway to get past this? Anyone that can help?

Again I apologize and thank you in advance for the time.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While you guys are doing updates to the new launch could you possibly rebuild this launcher to do these basic things that other mmo's have built in?

auto self launcher repair
    auto self launcher update
    launcher update manually from dev hotpatch command
    auto login from previous attempt just before update occurred (ie no typing in a pass again)

This would save players alot of time in the future. We wouldn't have to manually go to the forums to look for another launcher download or forum posts about problems with the launcher like this was 1998 and mmo's were new.

Did everything described here my download is very slow and it's goin up at 15% now gonna see if it hangs at 61% like the others, hopefully not but I'm a realist.
  • Options
    ahurraahurra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tried to manually patch the game and the launcher crashed sometime while I was asleep. It's a good thing I didn't completely delete the live folder and just moved it somewhere else. Now the game is downloading 6.5Gb worth of patch data so it seems it didn't get far along while I was sleeping before crashing.

This situation is really frustrating and there's no way to know just how many players are actually affected since I doubt everyone uses the forum. It's also WONDERFUL how painfully difficult it is to get decent support for this game. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    panthro2panthro2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally the Launcher finished patching (2 days) but when I went to launch the Game it Crashed.

Can we get some response from Cryptic or are you guys already gone for the weekend??

I need to get in Game I have Duty Officers spread throughout the Galaxy waiting for a pickup.
  • Options
    nadiakirknadiakirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Me too, the same problem than you. Any ideas?

Still not working...I have tried all I can now I can only wait ...as I'm doing for their BIGBUG on the armors for "Hybrid" players....hoping that the DarkBugLord will give them a suggestion that can work :D
    Maybe they can ask to Q...
  • Options
    melvintje20melvintje20 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi everyone.

When i login the launcher crashed, but when i restart its fine, but its everytime the same problem,
    Hope that there will be an fix