What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Was fine this morning, now broken again.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    proliphic1proliphic1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hand here!

By the way, who would we talk to to get compensated in this way by the game staff?

I am good with writing them a message and demanding the keys.

i doubt they would respond well to "Demands" but at the same time we shouldnt even have to ASK.. it should be done as a "sorry, we ****ed up" here's a treat !
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ditto :mad:
  • Options
    dethblazer1dethblazer1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    proliphic1 wrote: »
    i doubt they would respond well to "Demands" but at the same time we shouldnt even have to ASK.. it should be done as a "sorry, we ****ed up" here's a treat !

dam right we sould get something for this :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cylphielcylphiel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This is pissing me off. I'm gold, I'm paying to play this game. For most of the day I've been unable to play, and numerous times the website has also not been able to load. PWE definitely needs to do something to recoup the time lost to paying customers, if not all customers affected by this.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    hellwinkle wrote: »
    Ditto :mad:

Really taking the TRIBBLE now Cryptic. I thought CCP with EvE Online made some cockups but honestly you are taking the biscuit.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Was working fine all along, now I'm having said issues too.....

East Coast U.S.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    jorandaxjorandax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Need to make a slot on my pc and a sign: PLEASE INSERT COIN
  • Options
    scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I realize some things are beyond the control of the folks in charge. I get that. I read the post in another thread, concerning compensation for down time, where someone commented about the terms of service, so, changes can be made, etc, and no compensation is due.

Cool.

Except...I've worked 22+ years in the service industry, and, I know this isn't how customer service actually works.

I picked back up gold membership, specifically to be able to do stuff at will, with the foundry. Guess what? I can't. No project I attempt, is not met with error messages, that shut down STO.

And now? Now I can't even play the game regularly?

So, for the devs, lemme explain how customer service actually works.

If there is a problem, you fix it. If the problem has cost your customers time and/or money, you DEFINITELY fix that. It's smart business.
  • Options
    flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, I have a bit of a different perspective here. It's nice to have connection issues that can't really be blamed on my awful Internet connection... :rolleyes:

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A couple of free lockbox keys would be nice.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    countvampulacountvampula Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It is not working. Autoupdate times out. I thought you guys fixed this?
  • Options
    arisr7arisr7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    north east usa and still cant connect, tried all the tests but no luck.:mad: any resolving this?:cool: thanks
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I also find it odd that with a thread about this growing approx 1 page a min, that the devs havent even chimed in, I know they are watching but they cant even say something ?

not very good for customer service.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    UK here broken.

Was not broken earlier, so how about you FIND what some moron changed and fire this moron and put it back as it was?
  • Options
    jorandaxjorandax Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cylphiel wrote: »
    This is pissing me off. I'm gold, I'm paying to play this game. For most of the day I've been unable to play, and numerous times the website has also not been able to load. PWE definitely needs to do something to recoup the time lost to paying customers, if not all customers affected by this.
    Totally agreed! I am paying too. Here in germany providers cant take money for service not brought to the customer.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The whining on this thread is, to be quite frank, immature.

It doesn't matter what time they decide to do the testing--it's a worldwide game, so a lot of people are going to be on at any given time.

Seriously, are people so addicted to their pixels that they have to rage when the game goes down for a little while? I mean, sure, passion for the game is good, but incessant whining, threats, and other bullying will get about as far on the forums as they will in the real world: nowhere. They're not going to make the techs work any faster.

These cries for "compensation"? For a few hours of downtime? Pfft, most companies would make you wait more than a little longer than that before they will even discuss any sort of compensation.

Go out and enjoy this thing called "real life". Play with the dog. Go out and get some air. Hell, play another MMO for a bit if that floats your boat and fills in the gap of time. Do something that wouldn't ordinarily get done because STO seems to be all there is in the world. It's not.

In the meantime, let the techs do their jobs. They're doing this not to intentionally inconvenience everyone, but so that this issue doesn't happen again.

FYI: From Terms of Service....
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.

In other words: Compensation is a goodwill gesture at best, not a requirement.

As for dev responses: They have work to do, like getting this issue resolved, that would preclude their giving a play-by-play rundown to the forums.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    razorx1971razorx1971 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well I had no problems at all last night after work. I was able to get in and bounce between my account and my son's without issue. Today after work I can't get the launcher to connect at all.

Nice job Perfect World. I played 3 years ago during beta and they had problems like this then. I quit and never did buy the game after the beta because it was terrible then. Then a year later I played again during the 1 year anniversary. I never experienced the issue then, but this same stuff was happening on the forums for SOME people. They tried blaming Comcast and some specific providers and how they routed stuff. Now it's 3 years in and they're STILL having routing issues with this game. No other MMO has these problems, why is STO plagued with this still 3 years later?

This stinks man, I really had some time to play tonight too.:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    jorandax wrote: »
    Need to make a slot on my pc and a sign: PLEASE INSERT COIN

lmfao !! :D
  • Options
    lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    cdrgadley wrote: »
    The worst part is not being able to get my Rep projects set in motion for the day.

I want to log on to do my Duty Missions. I have about 18 that should be done, and they are sitting in limbo. I have been a lifer since beta and I went through the -45 level crash when they went back and rolled people back by hand.

I don't want any compensation, I just want to play.
  • Options
    juanpellegrinijuanpellegrini Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    couldnt play all day...yeah 4-5 keys or some extra zen would do it. Thanks in advance :rolleyes:
    No the launcher link doesnt work either for me and my ISP rocks.
  • Options
    gelsen9gelsen9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    this sucks; can't start the game nor enter startrekonline.com from Germany

StarTrekOffline became true (again)
  • Options
    dexterman108dexterman108 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If there is a problem, you fix it. If the problem has cost your customers time and/or money, you DEFINITELY fix that. It's smart business.

Absolutely...

I'm in the industry also. They owe their gold customers something. It's just good business to keep the monthly payers happy. Just saying... lots of games out there. The ones that help out the pain, keep the players.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well if this keeps going might give Ign a poke to let them know about it lol am sure there love doing there review on things what goes wrong as they all sit there in the office doing nothing but playing games lol
  • Options
    razorx1971razorx1971 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    UK here broken.

Was not broken earlier, so how about you FIND what some moron changed and fire this moron and put it back as it was?

Yeah it worked fine for some of us last night, but today it seems they broke it for more people as they tried to fix it.
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    proliphic1 wrote: »
    I also find it odd that with a thread about this growing approx 1 page a min, that the devs havent even chimed in, I know they are watching but they cant even say something ?

not very good for customer service.
    yep not very good
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Some of us DO have lives, we DO go out, some of us are STUCK inside with heavy rains, SOME of us have only LIMITED time online to game, and are passionate about our favorite game we enjoy to play. So having MORONS using unreliable servers is rather infuriating.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is this test still going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Some of us DO have lives, we DO go out, some of us are STUCK inside with heavy rains, SOME of us have only LIMITED time online to game, and are passionate about our favorite game we enjoy to play. So having MORONS using unreliable servers is rather infuriating.

well am from the uk and its 11:15pm here so good time to play lol
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its pretty funny, a bunch of people, most not even having jobs, are demanding to be compensated for a game they haven't paid for or don't pay to play. I guess their "time" is very valuable and somehow they are owed.

If the downtime is large enough gold members might get something, f2p members will never get anything. It is very rare for an MMO to give anything in compensation, ever.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel