test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes
Post edited by stnate on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stnatestnate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You are the man Brandon! I figured since I found a way to get my launcher to update, I would share it with everybody that has a similar issue. I'm sure the problem is not on the server end, and not on my end, which means that its probably my ISP (actually more like most likely, because they really do suck). But its the best internet I can get living out in the sticks. I appreciate the effort and everything all you guys do for the game, as I am sure many other STO players do.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    falconbladesfalconblades Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks man, you have my eternal gratitude.
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

What if we keep getting kicked offline from the game, and it's not the fault of the ISP? Is there anything you know that may help fix this?
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Can you provide the link for the CO launcher as well? Both of my launchers are so out of date, they won't do anything.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've downloaded the most recent launcher from the link, but my launcher's been having problems since mid-December and this doesn't seem to be doing anything, can anybody offer a solution? (PWE Tech Support doesn't offer much help on this for me) :(
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Earlier I thought I'd beam to New Romulus and just have a look around.
    I recalled that early in the season New Romulus would occaisionally crash my game, but I figured , heck they've had a whole season ... couldn't still be happening right ?

WRONG !

tried beaming to new rom.

game didn't exactly crash.
    It just freaking stopped.
    Not froze.
    Stopped.
    It was suddenly no longer running.
    No crash report.
    Just game no longer running.

Now when i start the launcher and sign in , my "ENGAGE" button never highlights, the launcher hangs up at .... patching .....

How do I fix this ?
    Anyone ?

Of note, able to log into Champions Online just fine.

So, yeah, once this gets fixed, i am permanently done with the crash /snooze fest that is the New Romulus fail of a season.

Sorry TaceFace, it's beautiful there. Too bad the designers and other people working on it couldn't make it so it doesn't crash and ruin peoples games.

Seriously, please anyone help here ?

EDIT : restart fixes everything. I always forget that part. thanks to the guys at SBUGC for reminding me of it :)
  • Options
    kappataugammakappataugamma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi everyone.

Yesterday after having some problems trying to login to STO i downloaded this launcher to see if it would resolve anything. It didn't, it caused the launcher to lose it's version number. Can anyone help me with this? Is there anyway to force a launcher update?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This didn't work for me either.

I was online early this morning with no problems, now the Launcher won't connect?

As a Gold member, where is my preferred log in?

Even my STO website bookmark doesn't work anymore!?

I had to go through PWE's website to get in here?

What gives?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So I just got off the phone with my ISP.

She told me my relatively (2-3 weeks) new modem is off spec on one area and that might be causing the error?

I can easily play SWTOR, which I will be doing and not spending any money on STO or Champions this week.

So basically Cryptic's systems are just too picky or you have some other nefarious junk running that needs something other games don't?

Pretty suspicious.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I figured out what they can do to fix this for everyone.

They need to reconfigure the launcher to "http://sto.perfectworld.com/" to fix this issue.
  • Options
    winterw0lfwinterw0lf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not sure if the right place, but here goes. Im trying to pay STO on my desktop PC, and every time I hit the application, the launcher pops up. So far so good. I put in my info, and select "log in" and I get white box popping up saying there is a cryptic error enter what i was doing at time time and then submit. I do so... NOTHING. Happened every time. Ive tried running as admin, un-install, reboot everything. I have also tried the new launcher listed in the first post. The funny thing is...it works great on my laptop! Any help would be great! Thanks
  • Options
    inspektorherringinspektorherring Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could somebody please update the launcher link?
    It says it is current for 4 Jan but ever since the 10 Jan patch I have been having this problem >> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5657331&postcount=10

I'd like to try swapping in a current launcher to see if that helps.
  • Options
    jkerryjkerry Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    winterw0lf wrote: »
    Not sure if the right place, but here goes. Im trying to pay STO on my desktop PC, and every time I hit the application, the launcher pops up. So far so good. I put in my info, and select "log in" and I get white box popping up saying there is a cryptic error enter what i was doing at time time and then submit. I do so... NOTHING. Happened every time. Ive tried running as admin, un-install, reboot everything. I have also tried the new launcher listed in the first post. The funny thing is...it works great on my laptop! Any help would be great! Thanks

I'm in the same boat as Winterwolf, only on my daughter's Laptop. I'm a technician, and have cleaned the registery ontop of this. I'm a life member. I have 2 other machines where I can login as either user - myself or my daughter, so I know it doesn't have anything to do with that. But, I my daughter hadn't used this for 2 weeks and I went to launch the game and it was dead - login and get the error box and that's it. The bug is in the STO Launcher. So some of us need some help with this.

JT Kerry
    username: jtkerry
    66s4zz3r5m2mhqs6g.jpg
    VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, Chief of Communications, the "Lucky" 7th Fleet, SFC, UFP
  • Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Error reading application id. Please either write it to steam_appid.txt or use the launcher!

This didn't fix that and I'm not sure what will. Oh well.... guess I won't be able to play STO again despite having a Lifetime sub and having investing in purchasing virtual items in this game. stuff happens.
  • Options
    kelvrynkelvryn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why can't I post? Says I havent been a member long enough. I've played STO on and off since launch and been a perfect world member since before 2010.
  • Options
    dnbndubdnbndub Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can we have the updated launcher please?
    Mine has stopped working after today's update (24/01/13)

Thanks.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    dnbndub wrote: »

Thanks.

Please re-download the launcher that is linked in the first post. It is automatically updated every time we update the launcher.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    speedyskwspeedyskw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Thanks.

Mine too, first time it has given me trouble logging in and I was afraid my system was the problem...:confused:
  • Options
    dnbndubdnbndub Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah my bad, didnt realise it was auto updated.

Its working now.

Cheers.
  • Options
    mrhitchensmrhitchens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah my bad, didnt realise it was auto updated.

Its working now.

Cheers.

You mean you were able to log on?
    I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
  • Options
    killelr123killelr123 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I click on the link in the first post and it gets loaded into the download que, but never starts downloading. Any advice?
  • Options
    legoorlegoor Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok since I cant start a thread for help Im going to ask for it in this thread, today It has takin me over 25 minutes to log in and once I got in within 2 minutes you guys booted me so I tryed to log in again an currently Im stuck trying to loggin its stateing "Server is not responding" again so I dont know if you guys do anything for f2p players but this is stupid how are we going to subscribe to some game that doesnt give any help to f2pers what so ever and expect us to subscribe not going to happen thanks and good luck was going to but this is stupid....
  • Options
    targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stnate wrote: »
    After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes

Thanks for the fix.
    This thread should be stickied.
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bfc32bfc32 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im having problems with the launcher reading the
    patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    when ever I launch the game I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game any ideas
  • Options
    neosetneoset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    winterw0lf wrote: »

I have the same problem for couple of months now. Reinstalled the game didn't help.
    Win 7 64bit.
    The launcher from the first post didn't help too - same error. It says "Oops! Your Cryptic aplication has crashed..." and details window below is empty.
    We need a new launcher!

EDIT: Identified the problem - the launcher crashes when TeamViewer is on. It works fine if TW is off. Tested on 2 PCs with Win7 and Win XP
  • Options
    lirdeklirdek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still not working even after replacing launcher.

Have you updated this today?
  • Options
    harrisjohnhharrisjohnh Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm getting the same problem. Even after getting the new launcher (which I had to save at another location then cut/paste), it's getting stuck at the "Loading. Please wait" message. I'm not even getting to the login screen!

EDIT: Looks like I've run into the same Cogent server routing problem others have. It's timing out when it reaches Boston (I'm south of Buffalo, so mine goes Jamestown/Binghamton/Rochester/NYC/Boston and then stops)...
  • Options
    wisty5000wisty5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm having the loading problem too. Having downloaded the new launcher, I just get the white box with 'Loading, please wait' in it.

I have nothing like Team Viewer running, and have not changed anything since I last logged in yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wisty5000 wrote: »
    I'm having the loading problem too. Having downloaded the new launcher, I just get the white box with 'Loading, please wait' in it.

I have nothing like Team Viewer running, and have not changed anything since I last logged in yesterday.

I am also getting this exact same problem, and I don't have Team Viewer installed, much less running.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel