What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    cataclyzmcataclyzm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too am having issues with the launcher .. I notice three aspects about it. Tabbing in active windows does not work, my saved username is not present in the username field, and the enter key does not post. I had this issue about 2 weeks ago and uninstalled, restarted, removed all residual files and registry keys, restarted and reinstalled the game and that worked for about a week. I am back to having the issue again and tried all the same things apart from being forced to installed the ARC garbage and did not fix it this time.:mad:
  • Options
    tarkus31tarkus31 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm having a similar issue. Every time I try to open the launcher, it crashes and I get the typical windows message of "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working."

I've allowed it access through my firewall, so that's not an issue as a previous poster suggested.
  • Options
    necodemnecodem Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finally got my STO to update. It worked great till I switched from public Wi-Fi to my home internet. I had to combine 2 fixes to get mine working.

1. AVG, added Star Trek Online.exe to the excemptions

2. Load patcher, once it just hung out on my tool bar doing nothing, loaded up task manger, minimize sto, then maximize. And now its back. But for how long is anyones guess.

Seems to me a game that is rated top MMORPG of 2012 wouldnt be so flaky to load up. Ive played PWI since right after the Beta and have had no problems with it.
  • Options
    reveeverreveever Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    newest launcher file for the "file locked" folks:

https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

uploaded: 7/31/13
  • Options
    gundamite128gundamite128 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I keep trying to use the launcher, it opens, then stops working. I have been using my Neverwinter launcher to log into STO. Anybody have any clue how to get the STO launcher to start working again? Every time I've asked support, I get the same canned response and it does not help get it working, and frankly it doesn't help my mood much either.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nevermind. That last link actually did it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    And now it won't patch. Good god my luck is crappy.
  • Options
    gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hy guys!

me too have a little problem with the launcher. I saw the tray icon but i cant see the launcher windows itself!!! So in short i cant log in either. i saw that the launcher is updating but cant see the windows and i cant do anything to be able to make it visible.

I already restart my computer then delete the game then reinstall via ARC but still cant visible that damn launcher windows.

Its strange because it was fine yesterday. But today not.
    Can somebody know how to fix or has the same issue?

Either my pc has something problem (that not so possible bec i cant modify it yesterday or today) or the last patch do something with the launcher.:mad:
  • Options
    gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    seems like 'necodem' methood is working for my problem... at least now.

I really dont know what was that about???
  • Options
    argylemongolargylemongol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I've skimmed the forum and tried nearly every fix (reboot, reinstall with Arc instead of Steam, adding exceptions to my firewall/antivirus, old patches, new patches, etc.), including the last link that appeared a few days ago.

I've been shut out of the game for a couple of days now because the Cryptic launcher fails to autoupdate and then blames my internet connection. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. The first two days, I figured it was the universe telling me to get off my butt and do other things. Now, I am less amused.

Any tips/tricks for a mildly computer-literate person to try?
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I've skimmed the forum and tried nearly every fix (reboot, reinstall with Arc instead of Steam, adding exceptions to my firewall/antivirus, old patches, new patches, etc.), including the last link that appeared a few days ago.

I've been shut out of the game for a couple of days now because the Cryptic launcher fails to autoupdate and then blames my internet connection. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. The first two days, I figured it was the universe telling me to get off my butt and do other things. Now, I am less amused.

Any tips/tricks for a mildly computer-literate person to try?

Are you using Verizon as a ISP? If so, you might want to read this thread... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=815691
  • Options
    argylemongolargylemongol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much--I did not realize that Verizon had its own issues (which, in hindsight, seems so obvious. Of course it would be you, Verizon). Am attempting a few of the things suggested now.
  • Options
    pavlovzdawgpavlovzdawg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is the deal with the launcher? I love this game. It is by far the best MMOPRG I have encountered...when it lets me in the front door. Sucks, but the frustration of dealing with launcher problems constantly is driving me towards deleting my account. I would rather not have the game at all than to be restricted to random access.
  • Options
    usscrionusscrion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the link gives me the exact same problem:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    usscrionusscrion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :mad:it didn't work for my problem:mad: acually it was my problem i cant get the launcher to update:mad:how do you fix thatplese:mad:
  • Options
    tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've tried the links and everytime the launcher pops up I put in my pass and it's loading. Then when the load bar gets to the middle it give me the crash screen and wants me to fill out why it crashed...Soo what happened now please?:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can access the tribble account and CO but not the normal STO...Care to explain please?:confused:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nope I'm quite wired, but for some reason it always say that it needs to update the launcher then after it does it would stop in the middle of the launch after I click the engage button...But the tribble and CO account work normal, I can access them with no problem, soo I think the problem is on PW side....:(
  • Options
    davehilanderdavehilander Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tongi02 wrote: »
    Nope I'm quite wired, but for some reason it always say that it needs to update the launcher then after it does it would stop in the middle of the launch after I click the engage button...But the tribble and CO account work normal, I can access them with no problem, soo I think the problem is on PW side....:(

I am still having the same problems and I also have tried everything I have found suggested on the forum - with no change. I also know it is not my connection (I am on a cable modem which works fine for my son's computer and has worked smoothly for a year and a half).

Could this be a problem with the identity validation software not thinking I am on the correct computer for some reason? The mobile app did happen to tell me to type in the validation code from the email within a day or so of this happening.

I have been out for about a week and am very anxious to get back to playing again! Crazy suggestions welcome, but keep in mind I have already tried spinning three times and barking at the moon to no avail.
  • Options
    technocube0technocube0 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have STO on a mac using wineskin, And the login works, and the patch works, but when I click "engage" the window disappears and nothing happens. I have let it sit there for hours, still nothing, I have restarted it, still nothing, could someone help me please!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am still having the same problems and I also have tried everything I have found suggested on the forum - with no change. I also know it is not my connection (I am on a cable modem which works fine for my son's computer and has worked smoothly for a year and a half).

Could this be a problem with the identity validation software not thinking I am on the correct computer for some reason? The mobile app did happen to tell me to type in the validation code from the email within a day or so of this happening.

I have been out for about a week and am very anxious to get back to playing again! Crazy suggestions welcome, but keep in mind I have already tried spinning three times and barking at the moon to no avail.

Four days ago, Support had sent me an E-Mail saying that my account was fixed and I WAS able to play my account that day. It was fix because they had to Map Move one of my avatars or something like that, but the next day I try to log in again the same problems popped up again...I've been sending tickets repeatedly since then and this time I'm not even getting a reply....what's going on now?:confused:
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Has the latest patcher been posted yet? I cant get mine to even start patching, why is it after every update there is a major problem of some kind?
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is a recurring problem for some users, but I guess it's just not enough users for Cryptic to care enough to fix it.

It happens about every 2nd or 3rd time there's an update, for me. Sometimes it just fixes itself after a day or two, sometimes I have to download the .exe to fix it.

Just speculating: I guess it's a function of the way Cryptic use more servers than normal for MMOs, for various functions. This has the advantage that Cryptic games do launch and play very smoothly in terms of input feedback when you have a good, fast connection (as I have had in the past), but it's very unforgiving if you haven't got a good conn (as I have now). I've always found this with Cryptic games as compared to others.

e.g. using the same fairly weak conn, I've never had the slightest bit of trouble with either GW2 or TSW launchers, but always these recurrent problems with CO, STO and NWN. OTOH, once in, TSW doesn't play nearly as smoothly as any of the Cryptic games, input and feedback is very sluggish in comparison. GW2 is a masterpiece on many levels (though not of course all) so I guess it doesn't count :)
  • Options
    technocube0technocube0 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    still having troubles with launching the game, the engage button does nothing but close the window! HELP!!!!!!:eek:
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    still having troubles with launching the game, the engage button does nothing but close the window! HELP!!!!!!:eek:

Dude, at least you get to "Engage", most of us in this thread aren't even that lucky :(
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Used the "updated" launcher but still stuck at "patching" /sigh this game
  • Options
    glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LATEST LAUNCHER (Star Trek Online.exe) IS VERSION 2013.7.30.1747
    IT IS NOT AUTO UPDATING!

The Reason I'm here is because the Launcher isn't working:

Launcher updates OK;
    - because Little window briefly appears in top left stating (updating Launcher).

Login OK;
    - because if UN or PW is wrong I get error msg.

I click [Login] button but nothing happens;
    Play/Enguage never appears in bottom area of Launcher window.
    Some text blinks quickly in the same place that would say: "invalid username or password", but is too fast.

Tried to bypass Launcher completely by directly running GameClient.exe (C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient.exe) . I don't know why the Launcher is even needed?
    Anyway GameClient states connection to the account server times-out.

Keep trying login to try to capture blink text, and it finally just worked. :-/

Oh well I'm off into the stars instead of this black-hole of support forum. :P
  • Options
    michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After FINALLY sorting out my login issues (with no help from PWE I might add) I'm able to login here, my account and the LCARS interface to see my ships and characters.

I cannot, however, get into the game. The launcher window only shows a portion of the window. I can enter my credentials fine but then can't see the engage button or whatever it is now (I've not been back in a long time).

All I can see is an ad on the left, small ad on the right and a button to take me the LCARS interface. The slider buttons on the sides don't work. I've tried maximizing, I've tried switching from Chrome to IE. Added the launcher URL to safe sites in IE. With and without ARC. Nothing has helped.

Please advise.

Screenshot below:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=FF7251924FF7642D!26362&authkey=!AAFgKWkb7FoivpE&v=3
  • Options
    greendragon02greendragon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

how big is a new dl of the game using ark?

i had to give up at 35gig seeing as all the support file say i need less then 20 gig