What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    captainfan84captainfan84 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey about 4 days ago my launcher stopped working I had experienced this problem before and fixed it by un-installing and re-installing STO. This time however I found a lovely little problem in the form of ARC!!!! No matter what I do, ARC says the same exact thing all the time "checking for updates" I left this thing running for five hours straight, and still nothing, how can I re-install STO without using ARC, and if I can't do that how can I fix ARC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
  • Options
    greendragon02greendragon02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey about 4 days ago my launcher stopped working I had experienced this problem before and fixed it by un-installing and re-installing STO. This time however I found a lovely little problem in the form of ARC!!!! No matter what I do, ARC says the same exact thing all the time "checking for updates" I left this thing running for five hours straight, and still nothing, how can I re-install STO without using ARC, and if I can't do that how can I fix ARC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???

as far as i can tell there isnt any support at all.. not here not on there support forum and no response when you submit a ticket..

so im guessing they just dont need player they have enough
  • Options
    tarovtarov Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is Steam... I use both but at the moment my internet does not seem to want to patch with either or method so i might have to try again at another point
  • Options
    robroy5robroy5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Error -101 when loading url http://launcher.startrekonline.com/launcher_login?version=1

I updated the launcher but it still don't work.
  • Options
    oewefreestaroewefreestar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've been getting the auto-update message for about 4 days now. I use the steam version since I switched pc's. very frustrating since I was able to log in just 2 weeks ago...
  • Options
    neeshkatollneeshkatoll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm also having issues. I've not played in probably nine to ten months and was coming back to check out the new patch.

Just after I enter my details into the launcher, it comes up with the downloader as per normal, but a few seconds later I get a crash-to-desktop and the Cryptic Error Report prompt.

I've skimmed the forums looking for solutions, including downloading the new launcher as suggested in various threads, to no success.

Suggestions?

~N
  • Options
    reveeverreveever Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To those with launcher issues: I have a persistent issue where my launcher file gets locked whenever the launcher is updated. There are a few others with a similar issue, so I use a virtual machine to download the new launcher file and manually overwrite. For the benefit of the others I provide the file for download. If you're having launcher issues, you're welcome to try it. Just be sure to scan it using your virus software or VirusTotal. Here's the link: https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

TL;DR - You can download an updated launcher file from the link.
  • Options
    jekt1jekt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would type my password in the launcher wouldn't start the update. I tried to Run as administrator with no luck. What did work was going to Program Files/Perfect World.../Star Trek Online and running the Star Trek Online file as Administrator and just skip Arc entirely.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was having problems with the last two launcher updates, and the link for the launcher here helped me.

Now if only Champions Online forums has a link to the latest launcher for that game as well, because I'm running into the same problem there as well.
  • Options
    mattikakemattikake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't the launcher to start STO either.

I'm on version ST.35.20131029a.26 but it just sits there at the greyish patch button, not the blue one.

Tried updating the patch client and I got:-

"the patchclient got a message while in a state with no response function" and it bombs out.

Pretty sh!te really. The launcher seems to struggle with the most basic of tasks. I remember once I just used to type in "run" or double-clicked an icon and a game simply started...
  • Options
    billthejedibillthejedi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reveever wrote: »
    To those with launcher issues: I have a persistent issue where my launcher file gets locked whenever the launcher is updated. There are a few others with a similar issue, so I use a virtual machine to download the new launcher file and manually overwrite. For the benefit of the others I provide the file for download. If you're having launcher issues, you're welcome to try it. Just be sure to scan it using your virus software or VirusTotal. Here's the link: https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

TL;DR - You can download an updated launcher file from the link.

Whether I download from your link, or the link from the first post, I still get the "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient."

Didn't I just DOWNLOAD the updated launcher?! Wtf?

Regardless... nothing works. Why is this game always so buggy?

Can we buy a "Game will f-ing load" Lockbox? Would that get PE to fix this TRIBBLE?
    dmv5s1.jpg_zpsvjpiwgta.png
  • Options
    timeserver55timeserver55 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Arc started bugging on me and completely stop working so i uninstalled and re installed after noticing the arc repair to absolutely nothing. when i re installed it the game didn't work now. so now i uninstall both this time. When i re installed arc for the second time they game wont download. Now, i have good internet and a relatively good computer this should not be happening on my end.
  • Options
    timeserver55timeserver55 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    okay i think i found the solution to my problem at least. If you have two hard drive like i do than things can get a bit confusing. What i recommend doing is move that file with arc (perfectworld) to the hard drive you want. Than make sure u delete the download apps for arc. Than you should be able to use it, and download the game u want Startrek in our case. I dont know if this will solve the problem permanently but it worked for me atleast.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can we update the link in this thread? I just tried downloading from it and still get the "Attempting to update the launcher" box which then proceeds to tell me it's failed to get a response from the server, I can't patch my launcher due to connection issues that I can't fix myself :(
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Can we update the link in this thread? I just tried downloading from it and still get the "Attempting to update the launcher" box which then proceeds to tell me it's failed to get a response from the server, I can't patch my launcher due to connection issues that I can't fix myself :(

If your ISP, or the Internet backbone providers are causing the connection issues, updating the link won't change anything...

Try using the 'Net Test' and 'Trace Route' network diagnostics described in this thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

... and post the results, so we can see what is causing the connection issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If your ISP, or the Internet backbone providers are causing the connection issues, updating the link won't change anything...

Try using the 'Net Test' and 'Trace Route' network diagnostics described in this thread...

I know it's not my ISP at fault, someone posted a set of results in one of the threads with 100% packet loss at Cogent, I have the exact same packet loss at the exact same IP address.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    deedeeteedeedeetee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i ran game in winxp service pack 3 compatible mode.... it loaded normally:D
  • Options
    deedeeteedeedeetee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ...after that its laggy as hell... just exit... unset comp mode ... and restart it

btw it helps with crash on load stuck toons too...

dont ask me why ... ask some technicians XD
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    launcher auto update earlier today, i left the game, tried to log back in and all i get is launcher tried to update 1 time please wait, my internet works fine.
    just another cryptic garbage update
    Oh new message on attempt 56, new message is " cant connect to account server(3)"
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mikedigger wrote: »
    launcher auto update earlier today, i left the game, tried to log back in and all i get is launcher tried to update 1 time please wait, my internet works fine.
    just another cryptic garbage update
    Oh new message on attempt 56, new message is " cant connect to account server(3)"

It's not Cryptic's fault, if you can get a connection that doesn't use "te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42]" to reach Cryptic it work perfectly every time without fail. For me it merely involves riding from one side of the city to the other to avoid the issue.

It's annoying but avoidable.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    abramacabraabramacabra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey, dont know if it is good place for such issue but can you guide me where is direct download link which can be used to download via my NAS. I can download http or torrent during the night not to limiting my speed during day.
  • Options
    codimus123codimus123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello, I am new here,

I recently downloaded the game from Arc.

I too am getting the Cryptic AutoUpdate Launcher problem again and again. I tried downloading the latest version of the launcher from the link, but it didn't help.
  • Options
    thorarin61thorarin61 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, ARC can just go and silently die in my opinion!

I'm launching the game now via the icon in the install folder instead....who needs ARC anyway?!
  • Options
    rickylesterrickylester Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    this problem is also happening on neverwinter so its not just sto and i know it iant me coz champions works, io build my own pcs optimise the OS and BIOS in 12 differant ways WITHOUT overclocking AND i know a fair bit about troubleshooting game problems after 12 years of experience
  • Options
    edited January 2014

umm considering how widespread this is and the fact this is on MULTIPLE GAMES i think its safe to say its YOUR END not ours especially since i have already troubleshooted all possible issues for my end, including a resource dump and reinitialisation of both the game assets and my router stop trying to blame us and get off your sacks and fix your tech
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    alright i have a fix but it may or may not be possible for you guys, i ended up hacking my own launcher and forced the program to pull up the last game session so i can kill the process.

i checked my error message and noticed the launcher was still reading me as logged in despite the fact that this was happening form first launch of the day, it must have been broken since i logged off last night.

not sure if anyone will be able to do what i did but if your lucky your task manager may still have the session tracked if you see it kill it and if its a login varification problem like mine was that will free you up, this is like the millionth time this has happened, PWE you REALLY need to fix you *censored" launcher im tired of having to hack my own computer

oh fyi i also rolled my launcher back to free up e4verythign else just in case so if you do what i did be prepared to repatch
  • Options
    tgreg1701tgreg1701 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the patchclient got a message while in a no response function
    after just installing the game for the 1st time and THEN downloading the latest launcher
    I mean how hard can it be to make something that can actually work
  • Options
    nickr2nickr2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cannot get past the loading screen either. The game client becomes unresponsive and needs to be shut down via task manager.
    Space, the final frontier
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yip this is happening to me too. Busy installing the game again.... sigh. I don't think its going to help, and now I'm 13 gigs wasted :(
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there a way to patch from a command prompt without using the launcher?

The launcher isn't needed to run the gameclient.exe, you can just log in from inside the game, but of course without patching there will be a version mismatch at the log in screen and you won't be able to play.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.