What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    tripp11tripp11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't login in STO, because my launcher doesn't working. I run it, but nothing shows up (only icon of launcher on the bar). I tried everything (restart PC, re-install...). Moreover, i actually don't have game installed, because the launcher doesn't run. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fix your launcher by going to properties, and setting the game launch into maximized, np.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, Saxfire!

A simple fix. It also got my Neverwinter going again as well. Too bad it required me reading through a billion lines of text elsewhere. 14 hours too late to save my 6 wasted days of divine favor... A small price to pay, I suppose, eh?

Cheers!
  • Options
    joharassitjoharassit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've edited the OP with the secure and official link to use. This download is updated every time we update the launcher and should be used if you run into any launcher issues.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This does not work for me
  • Options
    tullinjrtullinjr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I took am having problems and the game wont even show a launcher. just that the game has launched but nothing shows up. i am only using 1 monitor i don't use 2. for some reason the game will not load correctly at all and will just sit there doing nothing as if its stuck in a loop or something.

Edit: ok i tried the maximize thing and now the launcher shows up as it supposed to but its a pain to look up to the upper left corner to see it. =/ they need to patch this launcher to work properly. i liked the smaller window version better. less memory being used to load it up.
  • Options
    reveeverreveever Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's the latest launcher I uploaded - as always run it through VirusTotal:

https://www.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

Updated 6/22/2013
  • Options
    rageoverkillrageoverkill Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    fix your launcher by going to properties, and setting the game launch into maximized, np.

I am so not seeing where to do this at checking properties of the game but not seeing anything related to launching into maximized.

I skipped around the launcher for the moment by just directly launching the game this will not work in the future when I need patches tho.
  • Options
    rageoverkillrageoverkill Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok I got the stupid thing working but man if I have to go though this every time I want to play the game I will get very upset with it very quickly.
  • Options
    ratzapratzap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reveever wrote: »
    Here's the latest launcher I uploaded - as always run it through VirusTotal:

https://www.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

Updated 6/22/2013

Bran, get this guy to do your launcher download link as it actually *works*. The official link on the first page always returns the same useless rubbish. Joe Public here can manage it, why can't cryptic? Every time the launcher changes I have to jump through hoops again.
  • Options
    hate83machinehate83machine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've tried everything mentioned above and cant seem to get anywhere. The game loads about halfway thru the Cryptic logo then closes. When I try to go thru the launcher again it says patching and just stays there. Already tried to reinstall, used the links above for the launcher and still nothing... same issue. Any other ideas or word if this is a big issue with STO right now? Not sure if its just a handful of people or widespread.
  • Options
    shotsdownshotsdown Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dont mistake it though, im still not able to play the game, hell i cant even get it to download the client now. been in contact with support about the issues but since i havent heard anything in awhile has me a little concerned. so today i tried to download the client again both from steam and the website and i get msg box that pops up that says "cryptic error oops". it wont even download the client. so i figure if i could download other games from them i could narrow down the issue so downloaded champions online and it worked fine. so again why have i ran into all these problems trying to download/run this game????
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    workaround fixed it.
  • Options
    dalalibera96dalalibera96 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Game client wont run, more precisely when i click on startrekonline.exe or shortcuts the launcher tries to load then stays as minimized window forever, cant see whats happening, cant write user/pass.

Not sure if this is the same problem u guys have, its quite frustrating since i was playing fine, closed the game for 20 mins to do other stuff and couldnt make it run again.

Any help appreciated.

BTW i just re-download startrekonline.exe from this post links and no changes.
  • Options
    tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Game client wont run, more precisely when i click on startrekonline.exe or shortcuts the launcher tries to load then stays as minimized window forever, cant see whats happening, cant write user/pass.

Not sure if this is the same problem u guys have, its quite frustrating since i was playing fine, closed the game for 20 mins to do other stuff and couldnt make it run again.

Any help appreciated.

Same here, Problems all started after that last patch, first I was randomly getting DC'ed then superlagg and after my latest DC it won't let me back in or should I say the launcher won't Maxmizse Can I get some help here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • Options
    torblstorbls Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Any help appreciated.

I read that if you SHIFT + right click windows taskbar "STO" button/icon then select minimize , then select maximized that would resolve your issue
  • Options
    torblstorbls Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    are any of you posters/bloggers with lauching, initializing , fatal error-ing, cryptic logo-hanging, issues free players or are these also true to paying members
  • Options
    reaperrx8reaperrx8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting the "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working message". I have tried the minimize/maximize fix and it didn't work. How the hell do I get a message to Cryptic about this if I can't get into the game and open a ticket? I'm not finding where to do this outside of the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am so not seeing where to do this at checking properties of the game but not seeing anything related to launching into maximized.

I skipped around the launcher for the moment by just directly launching the game this will not work in the future when I need patches tho.

How do you maximize the launcher? The launcher worked fine for me last night but today it is gone. when I open it it shows up in the taskbar but nowhere on the desktop. The taskbar allows me to minimize it but not maximize. I've tried changing screen resolutions, reboot, downloaded the launcher again, and nothing. Can't get into the game at all because the launcher is not on the desktop.
  • Options
    tatjanasanchetatjanasanche Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same thing here, the suposed maximise work around can be found via link at the top of the page but it is just maximise the launcher in the task bar which did not work for me.
  • Options
    tatjanasanchetatjanasanche Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok tried the work around again and got it to work.
    Followed as set out in the link...

if anyone else is having same problem.
    STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

Previously I had missed the final step ie 7. Start STO as it was already running, it seems you need to open another window of STO then close the original one and click on the new one in the taskbar to get it to maximise. At least this is what mine is doing, hope it helps someone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Still no luck with the official exe :(

Updated upload: https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

Scan it with Virus Total, treat it like it's infected (though hopefully it isn't)
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I also have a problem getting into game now for 3 weeks. i posted in the general section but not a useful response.

The loader keeps crashing. ever since the patch nearly 3 weeks ago.
    it says cant connect. and if it finally connects it says

"unable to authenticate" or "unable to connect to account server".....

i just keek hammering the login button then and sometimes on the 2343413841 try it works.

mostly i run a verify all data now when the launcher finally logged me in. and then the game starts

but why do i have to verify all stuff again over and over??

why doesnt he launcher work properly?

i also downloaded the up to date launcher after seeing this now it doesnt start at all and keeps saying "loading...."

then i downloaded "ARC" to start the game... same problem cant connect

this problem wasnt there before the mentioned patch i never had connectivity issues and the answer from support to check my internet connection wasnt quite helpfull as i cant write this here using my damned internet.

its a pain , as i have to use 3 hours mostly to connect to the game.. then make the summer event and go again as the time i had in the evening for playing is entirely used for connecting to the game itself

btw other games of you have the same issue at the moment http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=644711
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    archeoptrixarcheoptrix Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Same issue, three days of not working. Reinstall not working- latest link not working- instructions to minimize/maximize not working. Furthermore restarting modem/router/computer has also not worked. Is there a specific reason this happens? Running as administrator fails as well. Tried downloading arc and that apparently won't even start up. Nothing in Chrome says it's a plug in to enable.
  • Options
    asdkjhasdasdkjhasd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same issue, three days of not working. Reinstall not working- latest link not working- instructions to minimize/maximize not working. Furthermore restarting modem/router/computer has also not worked. Is there a specific reason this happens? Running as administrator fails as well. Tried downloading arc and that apparently won't even start up. Nothing in Chrome says it's a plug in to enable.

Did the same thing, except for downloading Arc,
    Same results, game is not working since last patch, and thats before and after emergency maintenance.

Fix it already.
  • Options
    mic1001mic1001 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    asdkjhasd wrote: »
    Did the same thing, except for downloading Arc,
    Same results, game is not working since last patch, and thats before and after emergency maintenance.

Fix it already.

x2

have same issues, exactly same problems and I am sure many more players face very same problems and issues.
  • Options
    logictreelogictree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    downloaded latest launcher and still having same problem...

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
    Trying to update the launcher.
    Please be patient.
    Tried connecting 1 time.

what is going on?
  • Options
    archeoptrixarcheoptrix Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Ok so I got to login. I have Norton anti virus - under "security" I went to "Manage Firewall" and looked at the big list of programs I have installed. I noticed that "cryptic game launcher" was set to "auto" and changed the option to "allow" - this worked for me.
  • Options
    nyarsetnanyarsetna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For almost a week now there's nothing. Uninstalled STO, reinstalled STO, nothing. Then there's Arc. Uninstalled STO, installed Arc, installed STO through Arc. Launching STO, there's an icon on the Taskbar but nothing else. Checked the antivirus, reset my laptop to a previous restore point, nothing.

Any suggestions? I was working to get a Risian Corvette, I can't see that happening now!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ok tried the work around again and got it to work.
    Followed as set out in the link...

if anyone else is having same problem.
    STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
    After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
    2. start Task manager
    3. Applications tab
    4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
    5. Right click again and press Maximize
    (Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
    6. Escape to close launcher
    7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

Previously I had missed the final step ie 7. Start STO as it was already running, it seems you need to open another window of STO then close the original one and click on the new one in the taskbar to get it to maximise. At least this is what mine is doing, hope it helps someone.

I'd never got this issue until today. Maximize was unavailable as I have it set to minimize to tray, but I got the gist of what was being done. If you find the maximize button is grayed out or you have the launcher set to minimize to tray, try this alternate route: Follow tatjanasanche's direction for accessing the window menu. Or if you're using Windows 7 like me, hover over the icon for the launcher on the taskbar until you see the window preview. Right-click on the preview, select move, then without touching the mouse or any other keys, use the arrow keys to move the window back into the viewable area. Mine was in the bottom left area of my primary monitor;)
  • Options
    dakkalvar1dakkalvar1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thing won't connect to network. Might be because I have windows XP.