test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• dammitjimdammitjim Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am experiencing the same problem. How did you submit a ticket? Do you do it via Arc or Steam or what? I would do it myself :)
    Signature_01.png
  • leshardleshard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I keep getting stuck at the Cryptic loading screen when I try to login. I have been getting kicked out of the game for the past several weeks and now I can't login at all.

I tried updating the launcher but that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know what else I can try to fix this?
  • kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I too am affected by this mysterious problem I downloaded the new launcher from the link given in this post and that hasn't fixed it at all :( so at the moment I can't get in even after I login and the launcher tries to connect to the patch server the cryptic error report interface appears to inform me its crashed. I don't know what on earth has done this for me anyway its not my isp or my pc.

I'm at a complete loss at the moment in the past I haven't had problems updating to whatever patch they were applying to the holodeck. But me thinks tribbles have gotten into those servers or my launcher lol.
  • defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have tried using Steam and the Arc client to get the game sorted and neither have in fact steam kept telling me two files were missing. this happened every time i log out of the game :/ thats if i get in at all :/
  • bardioc67bardioc67 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Getting this message the last few days when launching the client. Anyone has any idea how to get this fixed? Thanks.
  • leshardleshard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I keep getting an error 36 message: saying a file was locked that could not be open for writing. Does anyone know how to resolve that?
  • lieutenant10lieutenant10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do I have to install Arc.. Can I just use a different way to install the game??
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do I have to install Arc.. Can I just use a different way to install the game??

Try this, you should read the first post of any topic.
    stnate wrote: »
    After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm attempting to download this game on Steam (thank-you so much for allowing Steam to share this game!!). I tried the Arc route and Arc simply refuses to work at all. Downloaded and installed perfectly fine but would not update/patch the client itself at all. And I could find no official download for STO aside from this very thread. However, I saw word a page back about using Steam, which cheered me up quite a bit, as I've used Steam for years and never encountered a problem.

Anyway, this Trekkie is glad to be back in the game (or at least soon will be, once Steam finishes). Last time I played I was not a Trekkie at all. Now I am. ^_^ I think it will be a whole new experience for me.
    Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I didn't want to scan through 58+ pages so here it goes:

Using this launcher places a lot of icons for STO on my desktop. This is the only current way for me to access / run the game as Arc displays nothing but a black "Loading - Please stand by" screen that does nothing but sit there...

Anyway to get all these icons off my desktop...I did try removing them but the launcher would not work after that.

Thanks
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Despite years of membership, can't make new thread so...

NONE of the ARC "Play for Free" links work, so I can't download any ARC games.

The only reason I can play Neverwinter, is because I downloaded it before ARC - and thus can run it outside of ARC.

Seems all the non-ARC Star Trek links have been systematically hunted down and killed by a squad of ARC TRIBBLE.

Any solutions?
  • solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ok I am getting p*ssed off now. I have tried numerous times to update sto since yesterday. for some reason the launcher want even connect since I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. so I cant update the launcher, no launcher means no game update, no game update means I cant play. I tried downloading on steam and that seams to have been timed perfectly with a downtime in their servers cause I cant even get into my steam program now. the annoying thing is the launcher for champions online does still work on my computer (weird as its the same launcher as sto) with the option on to show other cryptic games in the same launcher I can get sto to patch, the problem is it keeps saying it needs to patch, I have now "Patched" the game 4 times and still cant get into it. is there a way I can manually setup sto so I can get back into it or do I have to give up forever? all the patches in the last 2 years that I have been a player I have never had this problem, and the fact the game worked fine right up till I logged out 30 mins before the downtime for the new patch leads me to belive that whatever happened was due to the patch itself.
    edited April 2014
    ok the "latest" version of the launcher wont connect as it is trying to update. this has now spread to my chmpions online launcher which updated late yesterday and now will not connect, oh and neverwinter too. i downloaded the latest launcher from the link on post 1 here, however it still goes auto update, tried connecting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times. failed to connect. what must i do. pwe support basically said, the servers where down try now. yeah great that works if the launcher does and the servers wheer not down when i tried before. and just alittle bonus. trying to install sto on steam completely killed my steam app. i have had to unistall it and re install it (along eith every game i had on it hich is not 1. do you have any idea how long that is going to take?) in short i am completely locked out of any cryptic game. i cannot update, or launch, or play or do anything. however the pwe games (neverwinter aside as it uses cryptic) works perfectly fine. is it something to do with my laptop being a windows 8.1? anyway i guess this is goodbye i have nothing else left to try.
    edited April 2014
    i just figured out what might have been causing me some of my problems. anyone with windows 8.1 should be aware of this. windows updates it seams are tno the only ones that will cause your system to switch your internet connection to a metered one. it appears that cryptic updates are able to do it too. (how i have no idea but this has been the case for me) i now have to hope that this has resolved my issue however i am unable to test it at this exact moment as i am still reinstalling sto (again). i will update if it works.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Say... would someone be so kind as to put up the up to date launcher please?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • cornelius0cornelius0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just bought a new computer with Windows 8, installed ARC and STO and can't get into the game. Cryptic launcher autoupdate window pops up, starts a countdown update from 21 MB and when it hits 0 the process restart, seeming to be in a loop. Any solutions please?
  • lionandthelamblionandthelamb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You are not alone, sorry to say. Exactly the same thing happening to me. Must have downloaded that same 21MB about 100 times now with no effect. It just loops over and over. This is via Arc and Steam too so it's cryptic that has messed up, not the host programs or our computers at least :)

Just got to ride out the storm until they pull their act together :(
    edited April 2014
    I put a link in this post for the current launcher version, I hope this helps you.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the link! The launcher is working and started the 8.9GB patch, fingers crossed now! :D
    edited April 2014
    Btw, error 36 seems to be another issue of this bugged launcher...
    edited April 2014
    You are not alone, sorry to say. Exactly the same thing happening to me. Must have downloaded that same 21MB about 100 times now with no effect. It just loops over and over. This is via Arc and Steam too so it's cryptic that has messed up, not the host programs or our computers at least :)

Just got to ride out the storm until they pull their act together :(

Try downloading the launcher made available by adamkafei (see his post here). It seems to be working, downloading the huge 8.9GB game patch wright now.
    edited April 2014
    Error 36 according to my research should be repairable by making sure none of the files are read only (go to the install folder, right click on each file, open properties and make sure the "Read Only" box is blank)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited April 2014
    After unistalling ARC and STO, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting again, I'm back to the game, finally!:D

Thanks for all your help, guys.
  • dwaynedwillisdwaynedwillis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Download the patch. Still doesn't work. I am not happy :mad:
    Vice Admiral Dwayne D. Willis
  • dwaynedwillisdwaynedwillis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is my error message:

There was an error loading the login page. Please restart the launcher and try again.

Error -130 when loading url /launcher_login

Any ideas?
    Vice Admiral Dwayne D. Willis
  • smokez83smokez83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have downloaded the supposed latest version, it wouldn't even load the launcher, saying it couldn't connect. Then I tried to download the latest version offered in the previous post by Adam Kafei, but Google, apparently, believes it to be malicious and blocked it... I had to disable my phishing and malware defence off in order to download it... And I get a download error...

I've not been able to get on for several days now. First I had this launcher issue, then the game would take an excessively long time to load the character selection screen then boot me off. For some reason it worked briefly this morning then all of a sudden... it was back! So, I uninstalled both Arc and STO and then reinstalled them... This whole thing is getting a bit of a joke! Honestly, you would think they would include the latest version of the launcher when you downloaded the game...?
  • steadymansteadyman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi

Been playing the game since release but new to the forums. Lately I have been getting the message "The launcher was unable to write to directory D:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live If problems persist, pelase contact Technical Support."

The launcher doess a 26Mb update then displays this and i dont get any further. I have tried the launcher in the posts above. Tried running in admin mode and in windows 7 compatability mode.

For more info i am running windows 8.1 and have had no problems with the game until this week.
    I have also uninstalled and re-installed on steam several times. And ive also just tried to install via arc and that made no difference either.

Regards

Ste
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    steadyman wrote: »
    Hi

Been playing the game since release but new to the forums. Lately I have been getting the message "The launcher was unable to write to directory D:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live If problems persist, pelase contact Technical Support."

The launcher doess a 26Mb update then displays this and i dont get any further. I have tried the launcher in the posts above. Tried running in admin mode and in windows 7 compatability mode.

For more info i am running windows 8.1 and have had no problems with the game until this week.
    I have also uninstalled and re-installed on steam several times. And ive also just tried to install via arc and that made no difference either.

Regards

Ste

Neverwinter? this isn't right.

Did you use the launcher linked in OP?
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • steadymansteadyman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah used the launcher in the post and still get the message. I dunno what is going on lol
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Neverwinter? this isn't right.

Did you use the launcher linked in OP?
    steadyman wrote: »
    yeah used the launcher in the post and still get the message. I dunno what is going on lol

Sounds like the wrong game is being selected. Try going into the Launcher Option Menu, and but a check in the box for 'Show all games', save and exit, then reboot the Launcher...