test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• prymevilprymevil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the launcher keeps freezing at 81.3% every time. been going on for 2 days now and is getting rediculous now. second time ive had to deal with this issue. last time lasted for 4 months. im getting tired of cryptics generic responses for support. i pay for this game so fix the problem.
  • captaineo3captaineo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ermaname wrote: »
    Just found that now I have downloaded this launcher I have to go to my downloadls on my computer and launch the game from there, but if I do that it seems to load fine, dunno if that helps anyone else but thought I'd share that

yeah this didn't exactly work with me when I tried it.:mad:
  • panthro2panthro2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Me either. Anyone having these problems with a system other than Windows 8?
  • prymevilprymevil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im having the same issue on vista and 7. reinstalled the game and nada. Cryptic you suck
  • loozackloozack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I worked for me - hopefully - the downloaded launcher is currently patching the game.
    I find it sad, that this solution is apparently outside of tech support's field of expertise, and I wasted few day till I realised support isn't going to help me.
  • melvintje20melvintje20 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When i login to Star trek online the game crashes everytime, it sucks

EDIT: Its solved, teamviewer is the problem, now hope when it will be fixed by either star trek online(perfectworld) or teamviewer itself
  • patatochipspatatochips Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hey, everytime i load the game it goes fine untill the loading screen after character select,
    then in the loading screen it crashes every time, anyone know why this is please let me know.

P.S. allready tried reinstalling, verifying files, and have made an exception on my firewall.
  • dekabreak1000dekabreak1000 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hey, everytime i load the game it goes fine untill the loading screen after character select,
    then in the loading screen it crashes every time, anyone know why this is please let me know.

P.S. allready tried reinstalling, verifying files, and have made an exception on my firewall.

it takes forever to patch and when the game itself starts loading it crashes with a fatal error and tells me to verify files
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The bug has now decided to claim me, so where is the latest version?!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • doctorsteve1012doctorsteve1012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This link didn't do a thing to helping this patching problem. Mine is still getting stuck on 82% and isn't continuing on.

There has to be a better fix out there somewhere by now.
  • ayajaayaja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi All-

Has anyone had or is having this issue?

using the launcher on this thread, I finally got rid of this issue with cryptic updater. However, once I reach the launcher where it tells me to login and there is the big greyed-out word PATCH, I the launcher just keeps on showing

version ST.

This is as much as action as I can get in this game..

STO_zpsacaf068c.jpg
  • don77620don77620 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't connect, the file in original post does NOT work.
    Unsure why everyone else on Ventrillo can connect but not me. I feel like I am being singled out, it was working last night and this morning and the computer has not been turned on since, nor has my firewall taken startrek off the exception list.

Whats going on, cryptic?
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unable to connect to patch server.

Launcher error with both the new AND the old launchers.

that was it for me and the CE event.

trying to reinstall the game, not even able to download the exe file from http://sto.perfectworld.com/download
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me, all of these issues you guys are talking about as of the past week all started when this update was installed "Microsoft Security Update KB2823324" I made a very detailed thread about it and only 87 people clicked on it, nobody cared to talk about it...And now I'm seeing that you guys are having the same issues:rolleyes: Check your update history for that update then find my thread, click on the Microsoft link, read it and find out if thats the cause of your issues.

I am still having issues with my entire computer...It is actually costing me 78 bucks because it killed my ram! In fact I am very lucky if i can finish one CE event without crashing Every single time I play the game I have to reinstall and patch it. on average its twice a day.

Do you guys have other issues with your PC as well? anything seemingly minor? that Microsoft update affected many programs and drivers...I'm only saying this because I don't want you guys to go through what I did.

Save yourselves!

Oh when you guys report on the forum of your issues mention if your using STEAM or not...that may help, btw, i am a steam user I have sto via steam.
  • pandaristpandarist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been having trouble for a while and Team Viewer turned out to be the problem. Exited Team Viewer and everything is working perfectly.
  • tchakahtchakah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    did you have to delete teamviewer finally or just exit the program? I hae teamviewer and when I use the launcher it minimizes and places a smaller box in the upper left hand corner that is flashing or flickering I'd say about updating which it never does
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Today was the first day in a long time I had some free time to play, but now I can't log in. ;_;
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Today was the first day in a long time I had some free time to play, but now I can't log in. ;_;

Heh, I've been unable for 2 weeks. Does this launcher work ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ayajaayaja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pandarist wrote: »
    I've been having trouble for a while and Team Viewer turned out to be the problem. Exited Team Viewer and everything is working perfectly.

I'm new to the game and a visitor on this Planet/Forum. Can you post that link please?
  • scorpion11207scorpion11207 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    do any one have a problem to get the launcher update. i cant get it to work. every time i hit the launcher i get a ERROR that the cryptic game laucher wont work. do any one now how to get it fix

thanks i and sorry for te bad eng
  • coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Launcher is busted for me too. Nothing loads on it, just a white screen.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    launcher wont patch so downloading new one but dont think its the launch as i only downloaded one 3 weeks ago if that
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • relic289relic289 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Launcher is also dead in the water for me too!:(
  • montanaprimemontanaprime Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher is dead for me also...was trying to update the game after being away for quite some time, and it keeps giving me the "time out while trying to connect" error.

Any help is appreciated with this :)
    Fed: Algedi (VA 54 TAC), Shota (VA 51 ENG), Altair (Cmdr 27 SCI)
    Klingon: Kordoch (LG 52 TAC), C'ara (LG 51 ENG), Kah'lan (Capt 30 SCI)
    Rom: T'Rehu Jo'rek (VA 51 TAC)KDF Tel'ala (VA 51 SCI) FED
  • shinzor2shinzor2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issues here. No issues on my end with internet or anything got a response from GM stating even though they have fixed the issue might take some time to resolve for seperate people and i have been waiting over 24 hours now to play. Just bought CS points before i tried to log on now i cant even use them.
  • anubisdeltaanubisdelta Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now getting this probem of been stuck on the patch screen where it says patching but cant do anything and it sits like this constant for well an hour now. Have downloaded and replaced the launcher from the one thats supposed to fix the problem but didnt work either. What is going on
    Member Since June 2009
  • pattee1pattee1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    keeps getting error on the launch program saya no internet plz help!
    :mad:
  • austinfan4lifeaustinfan4life Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue as well. I know for a fact that the launcher was working before the servers went down for the scheduled maintenance this morning, but just tried to sign on & the Cryptic Launcher keeps timing out
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Geez Cryptic, what is it with breaking the launcher everytime you patch the game?
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • secondalksecondalk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game was going just fine until about 30 minutes ago for me. Then I got disconnected and here I go through the same issues.

Launcher for the entire Cryptic netowrk is down. NW, CO, STO all get stuck trying to update the launcher before failing. Sounds serious.